[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have ps4 >finally decide to try bloodborne >its meh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: cuntdog.jpg (363KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cuntdog.jpg
363KB, 1920x1080px
>have ps4
>finally decide to try bloodborne
>its meh
>get up to vicar
>die once and lose interest

does this game get any better? Just feels boring as fuck
>>
>>376669310
The game is great from the start, imo. If you aren't digging it just drop it. I'd be curious what your issues with it are.
>>
File: 12312314124.jpg (55KB, 542x616px) Image search: [Google]
12312314124.jpg
55KB, 542x616px
>>
PLAY IT WITH A FRIEND

Unless you are a huge souls fan and enjoy the jew difficulty, you can literally play the entire game with a friend
>>
File: 1485915092546.jpg (183KB, 900x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1485915092546.jpg
183KB, 900x1002px
>>376670586
Back off, she's mine
>>
>>376670735
Actually you can't summon anyone in Cathedral Ward until opening the gate, and Lecture Hall is single player only too, so you do need to play a brief bit solo.
>>
>>376669310

You're a boring individual with shit taste. Bloodborne is the pinnacle of Fromsoft's craft, and although it could have been improved (more fleshed out subplots) the combat, atmosphere and overall quality is unrivaled.
>>
>>376669310
>inb4 git gud
>inb4 DS1 is better
>inb4 shit tase
There.
>>
game isn't for you move on.
>>
>>376669310
yes it gets better. and it doesn't stop getting better until the end.

but I don't want people with shit opinions playing the goat of all time game so just stop playing.
>>
I had trouble with Vicar Amelia when I first got to her, and put down the game for a few months. Eventually I came back and loved it, became one of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>376670537
Well my biggest problem was that i was hot for the crow lady, thought she was really cool, then she got killed by some golden hunter, and because of the games spastic save system i couldn't go back
>>
File: 1451793190959.jpg (7KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
1451793190959.jpg
7KB, 222x227px
>>376670873
>dborne is the pinnacle of Fromsoft's craft
30fps
>>
>>376671563
>blaming the game for your being bad
that's like the easiest part of her quest.
>>
>>376669310
Honestly the game is massively overrated. It has some interesting concepts but the core gameplay leaves a lot to be desired and the aesthetics are too samey (and yes I know there are some exceptions, but there's nowhere near the variety of DeS or DaS). Ignore everyone ITT, if the game isn't gripping you then don't feel obligated to push on. You can't force yourself to have fun, especially when your impressions of the game are skewed by other people's opinions. Personally I feel that playing highly praised games is often a horrible experience, your expectations muddle the experience.
>>
>>376669310
>buying a game with a heavy victorian gothic aesthetic when you don't find that aesthetic cool as fuck
>>
>>376671563
That's a big part of Soulsborne games, questlines that you can easily mess up permanently. It's best not to worry too much about them, or if you're autistic about it you can read a guide to make sure you don't mess anything up.
>>
>>376671431
Same with me but for Martyr Logarius because holy fuck I was underlevelled for that shit but I am one determined dickhead.
>>
>>376669310
Took me nearly 10 tries to kill that bitch and I was so happy upon succeeding. Though I am inclined to agree with OP, but not for the same reasons. I honestly can't get into Bloodborne or the Dark Souls games for that matter. It's funny because I loved Demon's Souls to death and did multiple characters and playthroughs, but Dark Souls and Bloodborne didn't draw me in as much if at all.
>>
>>376671741
This
>>376671775
Victorian era is boring. ayylamos are where it's at
>>
>>376670873
>person doesnt like game
>"youre a boring individual with shit taste"
Bloodborne gave birth to the new atheist-tier cringefest
>>
I am a yuge fan of the Souls franchise, played through all three titles many times and have been playing Demon's with a friend.
But Bloodborne's setting is so tedious, the only area I can distinguish from the rest of Yharnam so far has been the Witch area. The "super condensed grey english town" areas are boring to navigate, and look so similar that I often get lost running around. And that's not a good thing - there's a difference between having multiple paths open to you like in Souls I and II and running in circles trying to find the right alleyway to the next area (or sometimes backtracking).
Bosses are okay, I know that there are some crazy creatures near the end so I'm holding judgment on that - but maybe this is what bugged OP about the game is how the first few bosses all feel like the same "giant beast with hair/fur/flesh" on them, with the odd hunter here and there.
I'm hoping for more interesting areas to explore, and looking at some screenshots of later areas in the game like where you fight Kos, I'm sure I'll get my share of that, but right now it's a slag, and I'm only in it because of my passion for the Souls franchise and gameplay style. Nothing about the hunters lore interests me

With all of that said, though, I would welcome a BB2 announcement at E3 (is it too late for it? It's already been two years) - as lukewarm as I feel for the series, knowing that Souls is wrapped up I want more challenge.
>>
>>376673536
Aesthetic asides you don't find the more active and fast paced gameplay a welcome change?

I get not being interested in Victorian monster hunting (even tho the game does get very weird and alien later on) but I found the core combat to be the best in the series. The speed needed for some enemies and bosses and the aggressive playstyle was really cool. And weapon transformations are nice too.
>>
>>376674040
In truth I played Souls III before I picked up Bloodborne and a Bloodborne Machine, so the speedier mechanics weren't as novel to me. In fact, I would argue that Souls III had a nice variety of combat speeds depending on what weapons and weapon arts you were using - but it DID come after Bloodborne, they had time to develop the mechanic and work with the new speed more, so I'll give credit where credit is due. And now more than ever, going back to Souls I and II it's incredibly difficult to play because of how slow your character's actions are - I think II is the one where your character fully stops moving to pull out an Estus? It's horrible

One thing I really dig is the change from parrying with a shield to a gun instead, I found that mechanic pretty well implemented - I initially will try to take down a beefier enemy with careful swings and side dodges (the way I was taught playing Souls for so long) and later start playing with them to see when and how I can parry them.
>>
File: 1462818776611.png (218KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
1462818776611.png
218KB, 800x590px
>>376671563
Well that's on you, you fucked up and didn't kill Henryk with her. However, you aren't missing out on too much, just a covenant and a miniboss.
>>
>>376674570
Oh, I see.

Playing DS3 first definitely takes away a bit of the wow factor when first touching Bloodborne.

I still appreciate BB's speed and aggressive playstyle though. Going back to DS3 I felt it was slower and I missed the "heal yourself by counterhitting" tactic in BB.
>>
>>376674793
And that's totally fine with me, the game intuitively feels great to play, it's scratching the Souls itch, I'm just missing the setting of Souls - I loved piecing the lore together and having discussions on here about it (and probably wasting a day at work reading the Wiki after finishing each game), and Londor/Lordran/Lothric felt like home - Yharnam right now has no definition to me (again, I'm going to be wrong once I delve more into the game), and the setting just put me off.
Here's hoping they DO keep working on BB games, would love to see where the story/lore goes...absolutely love the Eldritch looking stuff at the end of the game.

I also feel like I missed the /v/ prime season to discuss BB and its lore, when it first came out, which sucks
>>
>>376669310
its the autism of sony shills and soulsfags combined, of course its going to get posted on /v/ a bunch.
its a 6/10. heavily flawed game but still decent.
>>
That's what you get for falling for the normie game meme

I lov my ps4 but normie trash like bloodborne is not why
>>
>>376675308
>normie trash like bloodborne is not why
Sure bro
Especially when Bloodborne didn't sale that much like uncharted and other shit for ps4
>>
>>376675680
It's literally just the same generic grimdark bullcrap normies and dudebros eat up all the time
>>
>>376674040
>fast=good
The fast pace was nice but it's not enough when they're all basically the same. The world, enemy placement,bosses, atmosphere and variety are what makes these games great.
>>
>>376671563
I fail to understand how any of that is related to you thinking that the game is boring.

She got killed on my first run as well.
>>
>>376675304
>6/10
obvious bait is obvious
>>
>>376669310
It only lasts for 10 days max anyway. Forget the game. Refund it and the PS4 and buy a switch.
>>
>>376676261
Hello shill
>>
>>376671563
Should have backed up your save dawg
>>
>>376676154
I don't know, I found the boss variety to be pretty substantial. Particularly when you factor in chalices and DLC. Different strokes, I suppose.
>>
>>376670831
I don't remember those area's being forced single player.

You get separated when you are teleported into the hall but if your friend has it unlocked already you can ring your bell straight away and summon them again, same after discovering the cathedral ward and activating the lamp in the sanctuary.
>>
>>376669310
I tried it as well since I like das1 and des.

Its meh, looks cool af but i dont feel like im getting to forge my own path as much. That was literally the only thing I like about das and das1 so oh well.
>>
>>376677532
There is no boss in the Lecture Hall, how are you summoning people?
>>
>>376678357
I could be wrong since it's been ages since, but I distinctly remember watching my friend getting gangbanged by slugs.
>>
>>376678559
According to google, coop is not allowed in the Lecture Hall.
>>
File: 1490118978953.gif (3MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1490118978953.gif
3MB, 400x224px
>>376678709
Then I guess it was a fantasy.
>>
>>376671581
>30fps
>still the pinnacle
Only a game like Bloodborne can do it.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.