[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some more details and first screenshots of DW9 have been released.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: dw9.jpg (125KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dw9.jpg
125KB, 640x360px
Some more details and first screenshots of DW9 have been released.

>All 83 existing characters returning
>New characters: Zhou Cang for Shu, Cheng Pu for Wu

>Open world which will apparently cover all of China, but focus on areas of battles.
>Story mode is split into eras e.g. Yellow Turban era, Dong Zhuo era, etc.
>Each era has a main mission which you have to clear to advance to the next era (e.g. defeat Zhang Jiao in Yellow Turban Era to advance to Dong Zhuo era).
>There's also several sidequests and optional missions which make the main mission easier.
>Battles aren't split by stages/levels, there can be multiple battles going on in different regions and you have to decide which one to participate in.
>Story progression is character-based, different characters start/end in different eras.
>Story follows the novel, no hypothetical routes.

>Traditional musou square/triangle combo system being replaced with a "state combo" system where characters have three types of attack that progress like Trigger Attack -> Flow Attack -> Finish Attack, with variations for each attack based on inputs and context.
>>
>>376663432
>Open world
uh oh, huge red flag

I'm interested in the combo changes though
>>
File: n8zQ1aT[1].jpg (104KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
n8zQ1aT[1].jpg
104KB, 640x360px
other screens
>>
I don't know if I like them fucking with the combo system
>>
File: uDIZJvt[1].jpg (97KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
uDIZJvt[1].jpg
97KB, 640x360px
FPS archery from DW5 is returning and will be usable by all characters.
>>
File: 2L8BmYR[1].jpg (116KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2L8BmYR[1].jpg
116KB, 640x360px
>>376663892
Apparently they are trying to change this game up because they feel the series is getting stale.
>>
File: dynasty-warriors-9-scrskqo[1].jpg (117KB, 630x390px) Image search: [Google]
dynasty-warriors-9-scrskqo[1].jpg
117KB, 630x390px
Also, the producer hints that Liu Bei will have both mustache and clean shaven variants depending on the era.
>>
I really hope they bring back the bodyguard system. Parking your maxed out squad at a choke point then running around the rest of the level killing while they hold the line was so damn satisfying.
>>
>>376664279
I'm wondering how the battles are going to work if there's no set level system. In other games you had to execute strategies so your army could get the upper hand, but it seems like it would be hard to do that in an open game where there's no set stages and you can essentially come and go as you please.

They've also said that while there will be some fast travel options, most travel is done by horse or boat. But the player can also swim and climb walls/mountains with a grappling hook.
>>
>>376663432
Who cares, any word on DW9E?
>>
>>376664759
DW9 hasn't even released yet, why would they be talking about Empires?
>>
I'm tentatively excited, disappointed about characters being locked to an era though since I find most of the later era characters bland
>>
>>376665407
There's inevitably going to be some kind of secondary mode with different objectives where you have more free reign over the world. And probably a free mode too where you can just jump into any era as any character.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.