[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else unironically concerned no future game will come close

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1488771793989.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
1488771793989.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
Anyone else unironically concerned no future game will come close to this (personally)?
>>
>>376660323
Ooh~ I loved this game. I put it up there with witcher 3 and Deus ex(original) as one of my all time favorites. Nah. I'm not concerned, I think we'll start seeing better games soon as the shittier companies go bankrupt
>>
>>376660323

it's bretty good
>>
>EA gives Bioware the same budget as CDPR had for Witcher 3
>they shit out Ass Defect: Androgynous
>Some mentally unstable nip gets paid in ramen and a constant dripfeed of caffeine
>somehow makes one of the highest rated action games in a long fucking time

I sure as hell hope there are more stories like this, fucking AAA shit needs to die
>>
>>376660323
Why is every thread about this game either making it out to be complete trash or an absolute masterpiece? Does no one on this board have a less extreme opinion on the game?
>>
>>376661645

the ones who do don't respond to these type of shit threads since there's rarely any decent discussion
>>
>>376660323
>no future game will come close to this

I've said that about a LOT of games in the past, and been wrong, so I'm not going to presume what the future holds.

But this game is really, really damn great.
>>
>>376661726
This
>>
File: NieRAutomata DEMO Combos.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
NieRAutomata DEMO Combos.webm
3MB, 853x480px
God this game was so _fun
>>
>>376661645
The problem is, on /v/, there's no such thing as a middling opinion, because literally any negative sentiment, even in the most positive post, will be blown out of proportion and touted as meme-riddled reasons why the game sucks massive donkey balls

>The game literally came out of my screen and gave me a blowjob. The textures aren't as good as I'd like though.

Three posts later

>TEXTURES ARE SHIT, GAME IS SHIT, PS4 BTFO, JAP DEVS BTFO MANLETS WHEN WILL THEY LEARN
>>
>>376662027

the combat actually is pretty good, but the game doesn't really force you to tap into the combo depth so it just ends up being a bit of a button masher unfortunately
>>
>>376662076
They do look like shit. Doesn't mean the game is bad though. Who the fuck cares.
>>
>>376662114
Yeah but the combos are still there

You can't button mash yourself across a giant chasm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GnpXlXFBaU
>>
>>376660323
What, you're worried no future game will be a beige button masher with two hours of content recycled five times to give you a complete "game?" Don't worry, once the industry figures out it can get away with that it'll be everywhere.
>>
>>376661645
I'm 4 hours in and enjoying it immensely. Not the best game ever made, but really tight so far.
>>
>>376662383
>>
>>376662626
Refute ANY of that, if you can.
>>
I just got the DLC and found out I have to beat the fucking arena trials to get my kaine costume.Everything was going fine until trial 5 where you can't touch the ground , I'm so fucking pissed off I can't beat that shit I have a massive headache now.How can I beat that fucking trial I need my KAINE COSTUME PLEASE ANONS HELP ME WITH THIS.
>>
>>376662626
I fail to see how it's a 2 hour game when 3 hours in I just got to the first area that isn't the hub world
>>
>>376662720
He can't because his thread is bait.
>>
>>376662725
try this
>>376662291
>>
>>376662179
The point > -------

The crust of the earth > ---------
Your head > --------
>>
>>376662720
>recycled five times
You heard the game has five endings and assumed you do five repeat playthroughs.
>>
>>376662383
You can boil any game down in to an equally retarded paragraph of nonsense. You haven't proven anything.
>>
>>376661645
This guy right here.
Don't consider it a masterpiece but a pretty solid game. I have no idea why it was heralded the best thing since sliced bread but I sure found it fun to go through.
>>
>>376662383
This.
>>
>>376663680
Probably because overall it feels very refreshing ccompared to a lot of other shit being released nowadays. Assuming those are the legitimate opinions you're talking about
Otherwise you got the shitposters on both sides, which I'm not sure why you or anyone else would take seriously, as they're mostly bait.

I'd say it's a masterpiece though, if only because of how unique the entire experience was. But I've been a Taro fan for years, so I'm a little biased.
>>
>>376662725
Use Pod B's charge attack. BTW there's side story stuff and and an ending after you beat the second to last battle for each arena.
>>
>>376662725
Do it with 9S, get in a corner far from them and hack them all one by one
Works with every trial in every arena but the robot fight one
>>
>>376664660
Do it with 9S
SO if do it one character it unlocks all rewards for all characters?
>>
I just bought it yesterday.

I have been running around doing side quests.

Don't get me wrong, I see the charm and I'm very interested in the story, but traveling is so...bad??? I'm currently lv13, so it's still very early, but is there a better way to travel?

Constantly running between areas so much is just very time consuming. And they get you to do it ALOT.

Also, any tips? I'm playing with a mouse and keyboard. The game doesn't recognize my SteelSeries 3GC.
>>
>>376665558
you'll unlock fast travel soon

and use the boars/moose
>>
>>376661645
It's a metric shitton of fun, music is great, but the story isn't as great as everyone is trying to make it out to be. The world building is pretty cool, but it falls flat on story. Anyways, combat is really fun and feels great. Definitely a great action game and better than that meme Witcher 3 game.
>>
>>376665558
Use a 360 controller, I got mine for like $15
>>
>>376665558
What the other guys said, you can also add chips to increase your movement speed, which is really noticeable when you're sprinting at full speed
>>
>>376661645
>Why is every thread about this game either making it out to be complete trash or an absolute masterpiece?
Welcome to /v/. Go check out some Witcher 3 or BotW threads for a history lesson
>>
what where the robots building at the end of the DLC?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.