[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to play Dark Souls 3 for the first time. I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: dark_souls_3_art_3.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_3_art_3.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
About to play Dark Souls 3 for the first time. I've never played a souls game before, so any tips?
>>
don't give up, difficulity is an illusion in this game
you are your own worst enemy
>>
>>376656513
patience is key. when you're stuck somewhere try to memorize the enemies' attack pattern and engage accordingly
>>
>>376656513
If your in trouble all you have to do is roll. Whatever button you use to roll just mash it mindlessly and you'll be invincible for a while since it takes up a tiny amount of stamina and regenerates quickly.

Also armor is worthless and doesnt help you at all

Use a straight sword and spam to win

Stay right under 70% equip load
>>
>>376656513
Be very patient when attacking. When you take damage, ask why and how you took damage. And try to avoid it next time.
>>
>>376656513
play dark souls 1 first or you'll miss out
>>
>>376656513
Use a guide after clearing a area to see if you miss something worthwhile, don't fall for the full blind run meme.
>>
How are the dlcs? I'm considering to give them a go, although I didn't like the ones from DSII
>>
File: maxresdefault-17-620x349.jpg (53KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-17-620x349.jpg
53KB, 620x349px
>>376656820
Yeah bro just keep spamming that dodge button. That always works!
>>
>>376657071
Ashes of Ariandel is trash, Ringed City is good sans for Dreg Heap(the boss in that area is great tho).
>>
>>376657071
Do Ashes first, it's short and has a boss people generally like to fight at the end, or completely hate it. Ringed City is fantastic except for the lore, people just expected an end to the series but that's not what happened. Ringed City has the better weapons and is just more fun in general and gives every build a challenge in some way.
>>
>>376656887
This honestly, Dark Souls 1 is really good but the controls are crippled compared to DS3 and you might have a hard time going back to DS1 after playing DS3.

There are also a fuckton of throwbacks to DS1 that you'll miss out on.

But otherwise for tips, look up good weapon infusions and builds before you fuck yourself up
>>
>>376656513
Dark Souls III was my first Souls game aswell (technically second, but I played Demon's Souls years ago). Many bosses tend to have long chain attacks. When they perform them don't panic and instead of spaming rolls use them to dodge every upcoming attack. Also, don't be greedy with striking bosses too many times. Hit once or twice and wait for their next move (it doesn't apply to early game bosses). And lastly, when fighting a beast boss try to stick to his butt and the fight will be much easier.
>>
Start with Demon's Souls, then play Dark Souls 1 and 2.
>>
Go help people online, its a good way to learn the levels and practice, plus you can farm a shitload of souls since you can't lose them.
>>
>>376656513
Get the Carthus Bloodring,and just roll past everything
>>
File: 132152624.jpg (24KB, 480x439px) Image search: [Google]
132152624.jpg
24KB, 480x439px
>>376657537
>using guides on your first playthrough
>>
>>376656820
armor helps, just don't think about it. choose armor that is right for your vitality and looks cool, none of the stats themselves matter.
>>
When someone doesn't attack you they are your friend
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.