[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What engine could it possibly be running on? It looks far more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

What engine could it possibly be running on? It looks far more detailed than Fox Engine.
>>
Same engine as horizon zero dawn and killzone.
>>
>>376645379
They already said it's Decima, the engine that Horizon runs in.
And if you thought it was the FOX Engine, you are retarded.
>>
Decima engine.

You remember how robotic the facial expressions and actions were in Horizon Zero Dawn? Yeah, expect that
>>
>>376645615
Lol what? HZD may have been a boring open world after you beat it but the graphics, models, and animations were all superb
>>
>>376645615
Nope. No sir, Kojima team is gonna fix all the fuck ups the Decima guys did.

They handed Kojima the fucking source code since day one.
>>
>>376645615
>You remember how robotic the facial expressions and actions were in Horizon Zero Dawn? Yeah, expect that
Ah yes, forgot that /v/ has absolutely no idea of how videogame development or engines work.

I guess i'm going to blow your mind when I tell you that Mass Effect Andromeda and BF4 and BF1 run in the same engine.
Because, of course, animation capture and editing is something that's always exactly the same for every game, and isn't up to developers.
>>
>>376645615
Let's absolutely compare a game that was in development for several years before dude joined in and improved the engine (and this was stated)

Jesus christ. I'm sure you probably thought one of those random PES running on fox engine was any indicator of how MGSV was gonna look

Different timeframes, different developers
>>
FOXDecima
>>
>>376645492
>funded by Sony
>engine provided by Sony owned studio
Damn, so this definitely is going to be a PS4 exclusive forever.
>>
File: 1493234455637.jpg (114KB, 500x678px) Image search: [Google]
1493234455637.jpg
114KB, 500x678px
>>376645734
It looks uncanney, in my opinion.
>>
>>376645379
Horizon Zero Dawn shill in disguise. You fuckers are getting smarter.
>>
>>376645615
That'd be the devs, not the engine. He's using an external program for mocap anyway. With horizon GG used an algorithm for face animations which isn't surprising with it being a dialog heavy game.
>>
>>376645615
>I have literally zero idea of how game development works
>>
>>376645379
>possibly be running on
it's the same engine as Horizon Zero Dawn, idiot.
>>
If you really think the decima engine is better than fox, pls kill yourself you sonybro
>>
>>376646250
The Decima Engine source code is in better hands than the Fox Engine now :^)

And it's been said before, Decima will be hugely modified by Kojima Productions. While the Fox Engine will stay as is until it stops milking money for Konami.
>>
>>376646005
They may look a little awkward but human expressions in real life are awkward as fuck. They are some of the most fluid facial animations I've seen in a game despite some of them looking weird.
>>
>>376645734
>models, and animations were all superb
Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>376646625
PC only detected
>>
File: DSMM.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DSMM.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Everyone in this fucking thread is retarded.

webm related is from Horizon but OP's pic is from an unknown Sony engine (most likely Sucker punch) that they did testing on before Guerillas engine.
>>
>>376646931
>Sucker punch
yong yea pls go.

It has always been the decima engine.
>>
>>376646428
Thank you for largely agreeing. I understand its a real shame kojima cannot use the engine his team put so much sweat and tears in.
I hope they make with decima, all things considered its probably the best they got but it is VERY obvious that its a sony shoehorn in order to pull attention to zero dawn with the reveal a few months ago.
I am very bummed out they cant use fox.. Two words: transparent textures.
>>
File: 33364479691_c173b8de38_o.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
33364479691_c173b8de38_o.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>376647040
The man literally has contacts inside Kojima Productions i will rather believe him than whatever headcannon retards i find here.
>>
File: IMG_0291.jpg (32KB, 436x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0291.jpg
32KB, 436x583px
>>376645734
Lad...
>>
>>376645379
>What Engine
Isn't none of the footage shown an ingame engine yet?
>>
>>376645379
Look dumb fucking faggot, an engine doesn't determine model quality.

It is likely this is just built in something like Maya as it is a cutscene and not likely gameplay footage
>>
>>376647841
Everything is allegedly running in real time
>>
>>376645379

fACE engine 2.0: real boogers
>>
>>376646579
>human expressions in real life are awkward as fuck
what
>>
>>376647591
>hurr durr /v/ retards and their confirmed photo-proven head cannon
>hurrrr let me use the headcannon of a youtuber instead

oh am i really in /v/
>>
>>376646579
Come on Anon, admit the facial animation is shit. You're half way there, you can do it!
>>
File: 1493409050687.jpg (71KB, 485x715px) Image search: [Google]
1493409050687.jpg
71KB, 485x715px
>>376649148
Are you denying that Kojima production emplyees are interacting with Yong Yea?
>>
>>376646579

Autism
>>
>>376649378
I'm saying Yonyea will say anything for clicks, like every youtuber, ever.
>>
>>376645379
>It looks far more detailed
Engines don't do details. It's the assets that have the details.
The engine just has to work with said assets and do so without shitting itself.
>>
How is the engine interesting when we still have no clue as to what kind of game it is?
>>
File: 33670777074_6cd0bc3675_o.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
33670777074_6cd0bc3675_o.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>376649610
Say anything you say? I have yet to see him dabble in politics aka the lowest hanging fruit.
>>
>>376647591
>>376649378
YongYea is a Kojima puppet, he spreads misinformation to protect Kojima's ruses. He made a video about how he was 100% sure we were playing as the real Big Boss in TPP when it's obvious to a fucking retard we weren't playing as him. Recently he went out of his way to make a whole fucking video about how he's 100% certain Death Stranding isn't Silent Hills. Kojima told him to make that video because he's booty blasted about PythonSelkan spoiling the ruse.

YongYea is a faggot lackey, not to be trusted.
>>
File: f uck your c ock.jpg (17KB, 273x291px) Image search: [Google]
f uck your c ock.jpg
17KB, 273x291px
>what engine is this pre-rendered cinematic using?

This is the state of neo-underaged/v/
>>
>>376649843
But Yong would always say that it is his own understanding for all of those situations you are talking about.
This however he said he had a source on the matter.
>>
>>376645379
Who cares, it'll be filled with meme actors
>>
>>376650084
>But Yong would always say that it is his own understanding for all of those situations you are talking about.
After he played the first few hours of TPP he said we definitely are playing as the real Big Boss. As if the trailers weren't obvious enough if you play the hospital sequence with that thought in mind there's no way you would think otherwise. He's a fucking puppet.

>This however he said he had a source on the matter.
Did you not read a word I just posted?
>>
>>376645734
graphics are pretty and that's it
they focused too much on detail and forgot to actually make a fun game with a good story and decent animations
>>
>>376649843
Too bad he has a mass following of dick suckers

That said DS isn't PT, unlike what Python and Selkan, the two incestual Maltese brothers say. It's really MGS but good luck convincing anyone of that

In b4 fibs gay disgusting looking tranny ass comes here. He thinks the boss is a tranny and that big boss is her son.
>>
The footage we've seen so far is running on an unknown engine I thought.
They decided on Decima much later.
>>
>>376645379
Actually this first trailer was on Sucker Punch engine.

Only in the second one is used the Decima engine
>>
>>376650345
Kojima said both were Decima

Nice try

What's up with the the Yong yea dick suckers lately? This is as bad as FIb
>>
From now on let's not ever bring up YongYea again

His memes should be kept at rest, with the Metal Gear Generals of yesteryear.
>>
>>376650275
Animations are great, kys

>inb4 some cherrypick webm

You LITERALLY can not name 3 open world rpgs with better animations
>>
>>376650221
When he said we were playing as big boss he wasn't lying. You were called big boss in the game. The rest was speculation that could neither be confirmed nor denied for that time.
He didn't say the theory that we might have been playing someone else than the real big boss he never shot down as false.

Anyway i am done with you.
When it comes to light how fucking wrong you faggots are you will all rejoice.

But because /v/ is not 1 person we can't stamp you for being as wrong as you fucking are about it.
>>
>>376650424
Remember that time when he deleted the tweet of him saying "GUYS VENOM SNAKE IS BIG BOSS, 100% SURE"

Proceeds to block anyone asking him why he deleted it now
>>
I was playing Horizon and a character was tearing up and her chin actually got those dimples/wrinkles that chins get when you tense your bottom lip. How does Decima do it?
>>
>>376650526
>Anyway i am done with you.
>When it comes to light how fucking wrong you faggots are you will all rejoice.
>i am done
>i am
>i

How to spot either a retard or an under age user on /v/
>>
File: death stranding is silent hills.jpg (181KB, 1268x661px) Image search: [Google]
death stranding is silent hills.jpg
181KB, 1268x661px
>>376650293
>That said DS isn't PT, unlike what Python and Selkan, the two incestual Maltese brothers say. It's really MGS but good luck convincing anyone of that
Silent Hills is called Silent Hills because there will be multiple otherworlds. Norman has six blocks around his neck in the Death Stranding trailer with equations on them related to interdimensional travel. The player can use the blocks to travel between five otherworlds and the real world. The PT radio broadcasts two versions of the suicide. In one Norman hangs himself with a garden hose, representing the PT otherworld. Another one he hangs himself with an umbilical cord, leaking from the Death Stranding otherworld. When Lisa kills you you hear the sound of unzipping and tearing flesh. You then awake to find a bloody bag containing an item talking to you. She ripped a fetus out of his stomach and placed it inside the bag, hence the C-section scar in the Death Stranding otherworld. The PT radio also talks about the men in the sky.

Kojima said he wanted to make Silent Hills as an open world game. Death Stranding is said to be an open world game.

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>376650565
HAYWHATSUPEVERYBODY IT'S

ASIANAMERICAN

HEEREUH AND WHALECUM 2 ANOTHER VAATIVIDYA PRODUCTION
>>
>>376650621
Probably more to do with really good face capture than the actual engine.
>>
>>376650526
>>376650646
It's YongYea, he's booty blasted he's getting called out on his shit.

Go dance on Kojima's strings you fucking hack.
>>
>>376650664
So you're one of the maltese cock suckers I see. Don't know what's worse, yongyea fans or P&S fans
>>
>>376650664
MGtheories please stop sucking your cousins collective dicks. We know you browse here, you're no better than FIB
>>
File: 1480630443395.jpg (2MB, 2500x2600px) Image search: [Google]
1480630443395.jpg
2MB, 2500x2600px
>>376650798
>>376650863
Great argument you blind fuck. Keep ignoring the truth right in front of your eyes.
>>
The reason why every Kojima related thread goes to shit is because of celebrity bullshit, YongYea fans, Python and SELKAN fans, and that one tranny that believes the boss is a tranny

This is why /v/ can't have nice things.
>>
>>376646579
Autism
>>
File: 1480644868907.png (160KB, 842x833px) Image search: [Google]
1480644868907.png
160KB, 842x833px
>>376650996
How will you react when I'm right?
>>
>>376650912
It's
Not
Silent
Hills

Since when does silent hills have guns and play like an action adventure game? A kind of game Kojima wants to make in the same vein of Uncharted and The division? With fucking weapons and futuristic weapons?

The British should've nuked Malta so idiots like you won't pop up

>>376650674
YEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOUT
>>
>>376651080
Literally no one cares, and you won't be right. Byefelicia
>>
>>376645379
Decima, built by Guerilla games and tweaked by Kojima Productions.

Also, the first trailer was done in some animation tool since they didnt had actually any engine for the game, if so, probably Unreal Engine 4.
>>
File: Pope knows the ruse.jpg (69KB, 778x443px) Image search: [Google]
Pope knows the ruse.jpg
69KB, 778x443px
>>376651175
see
>>376650664
you've seen less than 10 minutes of the game. You've seen skeleton soldiers and a man seeping black goo with tentacles, doesn't mean it's gonna be a fucking third person shooter. They may enemies you have to avoid, doesn't mean you'll be going rambo in the game.

The Death Stranding otherworld is obviously very different compared to what we've seen before, THANK GOD. You Silent Hill fanboys typically have the lowest IQ out of any fanbase I've ever encountered. You just want your typical rusty, metal, industrial otherworlds, you want the same shit over and over and over again. Don't worry faggot. We've only seen two otherworlds so far, PT and Death Stranding. We've got three others to go, I'm sure one of them will be the typical shit you've seen ten times before.

> A kind of game Kojima wants to make in the same vein of Uncharted and The division?
He also denied any involvement with The Phantom Pain and that was being advertised as a HORROR GAME. He's literally repeating the Moby Dick ruse yet you fucking morons are still falling for it.
>>
>>376651175
>didn't see gameplay but knows exactly how it plays

Ok
>>
>>376645615
>animators did a shitty job
>this somehow means that engine is bad
>>376645379
>use higher quality assets
>this somehow means the engine is "more detailed"
What the fuck do you even mean by "more detailed engine"?
Christ, idiots should be prohibited from discussing unfamiliar subject.
>>
>>376651846
You didn't either and are assuming silent hills. Do you know how silly that is when Pt is a 1st person game and DS isn't?
>>
File: taboo.jpg (332KB, 1194x1270px) Image search: [Google]
taboo.jpg
332KB, 1194x1270px
>>376652327
>Do you know how silly that is when Pt is a 1st person game and DS isn't?
Kojima said that Silent Hills would play nothing like PT. He said he wanted Silent Hills to be third person but may have it go first person for certain setpieces.

The fact that no gameplay has been shown is all the more reason to believe it's a Silent Hill game. Kojima has talked about this game for hours but literally has not said a single fucking thing about it. Almost as if he's trying to hide something...
>>
>>376650414

>However, in an interview with IGN, Hideo Kojima, the director of Death Stranding, confirmed something we may have never known- that the first teaser for the game, released at E3 earlier this year, was not running in Decima. After all, back then, Kojima had not yet even decided what engine he would use for his game, so it wouldn’t make sense if it was.

>“The collaboration [with Guerilla Games] started later…” Kojima said. “The teaser we showed at E3 was in a different engine.” Kojima also discussed why he chose to go with Decima. “Guerrilla Games had the right engine,” he said. “Their engine is well suited to the tools and systems of an open-world game. This was a very important aspect for us.”

>http://in.ign.com/death-stranding/102084/news/death-strandings-e3-trailer-wasnt-running-on-horizon-zero-da

>http://gamingbolt.com/death-stranding-initial-trailer-was-not-running-on-the-decima-engine

Maybe it is not Sucker Punch's but it is also wrong to say both trailers used Decima engine
>>
>>376645734
As much as I loved the game, barely anything above the mouth moves on even the main character. I was almost hoping to find out they are all robots so there was an explanation to this. Turns out the facial expressions are just shit
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.