[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are good digimon games? I've only ever played this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

What are good digimon games? I've only ever played this one like 6 years ago and I remember liking its evolution and collection systems, at most.
>>
As somone who's played World 2 and 3, youre not missing much. Dusk and Dawn had the most solid gameplay, but wont happen again because this was the most they'd tried to implement pokemonlike features
>>
Cyber Sleuth, Next Order, Digimon World DS
>>
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, if you don't have a PS4 slim. Has a similar but improved evolution and collection system. Special Experience is a non issue. On Slim I heard it is unplayable due to a bug caused by a firmware update. It has some translation issues though.
>>
>>376645006
Does Cyber Sleuth improve on Dusk at all?
>>
>>376644478
Playing Digimon NO right now
Just beat Machindramon in the Dead End Town on normal. Took me in real life 3 days to train a mega and ultimate that didn't die before the fight. That shit was hard
>>
>>376644478
The problem with Dusk was the endgame, or pretty much the lack of one. Once you beat the game, there are only around FOUR new digimon available. No new areas, no new nothing. And those four digimon are all much higher level than what you've fought already, which means grinding the fuck out continuously of the Lv.70 one until you are strong enough to grind the fuck out of the Lv.90 one, until you can take on the Lv.95 one, and so on.

Also, the trading/crossbreeding mechanic was disappointing when you played this long after everyone else no longer had it.

Haven't played Cyber Sleuth to make a comparison between them. Did it ever get a localization?
>>
>>376644478
>What are good digimon games?
>Good
None, and no im not shitposting.
The least grindy one would be cyber sleuth but even than it has TONS of grinding thats streamlined.
>>
>>376644478
They are all good.
>>
>>376645006
>didn't play best World

Sad.
>>
>>376647236
World 1 was an interesting attempt at a Tamagotchi RPG simulator, but rather shit overall.

World 2 is a fairly simple knock-off of the Mystery Dungeon titles. Part was fun, part was terribly grindy. I liked it but it honestly wasn't as good as something like Azure Dreams.

World 3 was an incredibly shitty RPG that still used the stats from World 2, which is a major problem since now the fights are 1v1 (rather than up to 3v3) and takes turns based on the Speed stats, rather than one turn for everyone. Have fun with those bosses who take next to no damage, who will one-shot anything but the most defensive characters you have, and will frequently get two turns to your one.

Didn't play World 4, though.
>>
I'm considering playing through this on a flashcart. Already beat Dawn a long time ago. What should my team be?
>>
>>376647756
>World 1 was an interesting attempt at a Tamagotchi RPG simulator, but rather shit overall.

Fuck you.
>>
>>376648346
Interesting experiment which just didn't work out right. Combat was ass, especially early on. (You'll have a single attack at first and if that is slow, then the computer AI will just walk around it every single time.) Training was interesting but from what I remember, you needed to get money to buy food (like Monster Rancher) but there was no really good way to gain money outside just letting the first half-dozen digimon get Nunemon'd and ignore it. Carrying around a dozen port-a-pottys was just silly.

Like I said, an interesting experiment. I would not have minded if the series had followed that idea and refined the gameplay of World 1, rather than refining the DS game system. But that didn't happen, and while World 1 still remains unique, that doesn't make it any good.

Digimon World 3 is still shit, though.
>>
>>376648974
>Interesting experiment which just didn't work out right.

Fuck you.

>Combat was ass, especially early on. (You'll have a single attack at first and if that is slow, then the computer AI will just walk around it every single time.)

Train your digimon better, learn in which order to tackle the early battles.

>you needed to get money to buy food

Meat farm in town gave you a free allotment of food daily which was more than enough early game.

>Carrying around a dozen port-a-pottys was just silly.

There were bathrooms in other places than the starting town, and early game where money is tight town is always close by.

>I would not have minded if the series had followed that idea and refined the gameplay of World 1, rather than refining the DS game system. But that didn't happen

Re:digitize
>>
>>376649456
>Train your digimon better, learn in which order to tackle the early battles.
Once you get strong enough to have good stats, you won't need to tackle the early battles in a specific order. You can just stomp them or avoid them.

>Meat farm in town gave you a free allotment of food daily which was more than enough early game.
Fair enough. It's been awhile, so I don't remember the details. I seem to recall running out of meat occasionally, though, so something seemed to be off about something.

>There were bathrooms in other places than the starting town
True, but generally not in the places you wanted to be. Unless you took specific detours to the crapper.

>Re:digitize
Didn't know this was like the first game. Did it turn out well? How did it handle the training and the evolutions?
>>
>>376648974
>I would not have minded if the series had followed that idea and refined the gameplay of World 1, rather than refining the DS game system. But that didn't happen

Bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqdBm-IbEg
>>
>>376644478
the original digimon world is literally the only good digimon game and it's a broken glitchy mess full of dick moves

every other game in the series is a mediocre jrpg, a bad fighting game or a poor mans pokemon
>>
>>376650780
Next Order and Cyber Sleuth are fucking awesome though. Hell, Cyber Sleuth is pokemon but GOOD
>>
>>376649456
Combat IS ass, though. It's boring as hell.
>>
>>376651536
Only if you're shit at it
>>
>>376651668
It's not a hard game. There's nothing to be "shit" at.
>>
>>376644478
Fuck everyone, I like Digimon world championship, it feels and plays exactly like an actual Digimon virtual pet game but much much better.
>>
>>376651930
I enjoyed it as well, too bad it doesnt seem to work on emulators
>>
File: 1493327594245.jpg (26KB, 450x244px) Image search: [Google]
1493327594245.jpg
26KB, 450x244px
>>376650309
>Didn't know this was like the first game. Did it turn out well? How did it handle the training and the evolutions?
Not the other guy but its basically a more casual friendly version of the first World game. Everything is a lot easier, evolving, training, even battles. It playes pretty much the same as the first World game where you need to recruit mons into the city, tournament, fishing, ect. Its a pretty fun game, the 3DS version is the better version since it's an updated version of the PSP version with more mons and items though I'm not sure if the translation team finished working on the 3DS version.
>>
>>376652062
What do you mean? It woked perfectly fine on No$GBA
>>
>>376645140

I'm currently playing on slim and it runs perfectly
>>
>>376644478

The only actually good Digimon game is digital card battle. Digimon World 1 is interesting but unpolished.

The rest are nearly all garbage RPG's filled with grind with poor design decisions and issues that were solved by games that had released over a decade before them. It was laughable that Digimon World 3 had no fast travel and the data scan system the DS games where you have to grind against random encounters to build up data to obtain that Digimon is dogshit but they still insist on using it.
>>
I love them all, but Im a digifag so.
>>
>>376645520
>Took me in real life 3 days to train a mega and ultimate that didn't die before the fight.
Does that game pull that shit where your Digimon die automatically forcing you to spend even more time retraining them?
>>
>>376654789
That's not how it works, but yes.
>>
>>376654789
3 irl days?
Damn, it can easiky take shorter time though if you feed the mon food from the restaurant and train enough for the stats to digivolve at the wild mons, and just to pass enough ingame days use the gym until day reqs are filled for each digivolution stage
>>
>>376644478
Digimon World 3
Cyber Sleuth
Digimon world DS
Digimon Adventure for the PSP
havent play the other for the PSP, but looks very good

Cant wait for the comming game.
>>
>>376647756
Agree with anon on digimon 1, its interesting but the GOOD DAMN POOP!
>>
>>376647756
>world 1
>its a you gotta meet a hidden stat requirenent or you get a slug

>world 2
>your team aces and the fucking car explodes to random traps

>world 3
some random bullshit card system and the endboss its all the op ones and you only beat him with copy HP+Suicide
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.