[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been playing the entire Hitman franchise in order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115KB, 1920x1080px
So I've been playing the entire Hitman franchise in order and I finally made it to Absolution. I'm surprised /v/ was right about the Newer more popular game being worse than the older one. You hipster fucks are usually wrong.

Going from First person and a good disguise system from Blood Money to third person and psychic paranoid AI is so shit. When I stopped playing the older Hitmans in the middle of a playthrough I couldn't wait to get back into it the next time I played it. This drviel makes me weak and tired.
>>
>>376638990
>Everyone likes it on release or generally agrees it's okay but then the overwhelming trend shifts to shitting on it
It's at the very least not THAT bad.
>Everyone hates it on release but then starts praising it
That's contrarian hipster fucks doing it.
>Everyone hates it on release and still hates it now
It's just THAT bad.
>>
The newest one is a lot better, but turn off all the assists.
>>
>>376638990
skip absolution, it's a shit hitman game and basically noncanon anyway. Besides a brief allusion to one of the hits during its opening cinematic, Hitman 2016 basically acts as if absolution never happened.
>>
File: Switch Tactics.jpg (74KB, 499x386px) Image search: [Google]
Switch Tactics.jpg
74KB, 499x386px
>>376640173
But the next game still doesn't have first person. Also is there a way to have the disguise system be similar to Blood Money? I really cannot stand the magical disguise detection in Absolution. Its dreadful.

The only time people should be able to see through your disguise is in Cases where your race doesn't match the person who is wearing the outfit like in Asia, or a Hispanic country, or you're doing something painfully obvious like holding a weapon you shouldn't be holding or dragging a body around or something.

People are generally non chalant as fuck about people in general and tend not to question things or act out that much unless someone is EXTREMELY suspicious.
>>
>>376640664
In new Hitman certain people around the map can see through your disguise, because in universe they work closely with the person you nabbed, and because otherwise the game would be trivial.
>>
>>376641074
I only played Silent Assassin before the latest Hitman and thought that was a good touch. A Security Guard shift supervisor is going to know everyone on his shift, etc.
>>
>>376641665
Yeah.
The problem with new Hitman is it's all about replayability, so the NPCs who will recognize you is fairly randomized.
Still, people with jobs similar/close to yours are more likely to spot you, etc., so it works pretty well.
>>
>>376641969
I could understand if its just bosses wondering why there's a new guy they've never seen before but still people are generally pretty unquestioning.

For example this is something a friend of mine did for fun once. He used to work at Target (a retail store) and he still had his old uniform so sometimes he'd walk into other targets to procure some items if you catch my drift. Dude always got away with it. Nobody ever questioned a thing not even the bosses. People just thought he was a new guy and didn't care.

Unless you're like some elite squad in a very specific like task force I don't see how you'd be able to recognize someone in your group as a threat just because you've never seen em before.

Even with the boss example there's no way you'd know every one of your employees especially if there's over 30-50 of em and you're in a security agency for example that has rotating employees for each assignment.
>>
>>376641969
It's not completely arbitrary. Chefs almost always see through chef disguises because they know who works in the kitchen, security guards see through guard disguises because they know who's supposed to be on shift, waiters and cleaning staff don't usually see through disguises because they wouldn't be familiar with everyone on staff.

Speaking of the enforcer system, why does the detective in Sapienza see through every disguise including the suit? Is there a story reason, or is it just to give you the gameplay of inconspicuously tailing somebody?
>>
File: Hitman Absolution_4.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hitman Absolution_4.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Well , thankfully the franchise is probably dead now as the latest game was a complete shit show all around with boring locations, shitty unimaginative kills and an over all boring cast of characters to assassinate, I didn't care about anyone I killed, it was really meh.
>>
>>376642780
This has to be the most passive bait I've read.
>>
>>376642780
I've met people without tongues who have better taste than you.
>>
>>376643036
No you haven't, stop being overdramatic.
>>376643019
Not bait, I hated Hitman 2016.
>>
File: 9DQ98kw.jpg (51KB, 820x688px) Image search: [Google]
9DQ98kw.jpg
51KB, 820x688px
>>376642780
>Caring about the people you kill
I don't care about the story or characters in any of the games. Its a gameplay focused franchise you /v/ipster storyfag.
>>
>no one in this thread knows
RIP Hitman
I can't believe Squeenix canned the IP.
>>
>>376643019
>>376643036
Hitman 2016 is the first Hitman game that made me quit early. I can't put my finger on it but I quit after the Marrakesh level. Paris was good, Sapienza was 5/10 (2 kills and then an objective was too long) and I can't even remember the other level.

I'm not talking about the always online, the elusive targets or the episodic content, there's just something painfully bland about it.

Obviously I'm not hte anon you're replying to, just blogposting at you.
>>
>>376643150
Eh, whatevs, all that matters is that the downfall of the franchise was caused by the "Fans" and their excessive whining, I/O gave you the game you wanted instead of the game that they needed to put out and boom, they are almost dead. Feels good not to be apart of the fanbase that killed the franchise, it was good once.
>>
>>376643293
Post proof they canned the IP. I only found 1 article from an hour ago. They were planning two more seasons and Hitman season 1 was selling well and was very popular.
>>
>>376638990
Did finish them all? I heard HM1 is supposed to be a bitch to finish
>>
>>376643486
>>376643486
Post links to the fans asking for always online.
>>
>>376643578
Yeah I finished em all. Hitman 1 is pretty hard because there's no saves but it balances it by making disguises pretty much undetectable unless you fuck up. Honestly Hitman was is basically Blood Money pre alpha.
>>
>>376643547
https://www.gamespot.com/videos/gs-news-update-future-of-hitman-uncertain-as-dev-i/2300-6438664/
>GAMESPOT
Yeah, I know but it's legit and I'm too lazy to archive.
>>
>>376643809
Does IO own hitman, or does Edios (square)?
>>
>Squeenix once again being retarded and having insane sales expectations
Fucking Japs, should have canceled FF instead.
>>
>>376643886
Square, unless it's being included with the sale.
>>
Square trying to kill Western developement. Crystal Dynamics is next.
>>
>>376638990
Kinda glad this boring ass series is dead. The salt it caused is majestic.
>>
>>376643972
Nice samefagging
>>
>>376642545
How, pray tell, did his disguise let him get away with stealing from the store? I'm more than a little curious.
>>
>>376643717
lol u think that was the reason? there are plenty always online games and they don't have the excuse of always online being a reason we failed. The game sucked ass and people saw it and avoided it. You think normies care about always online? You think they know what it even is? I mention normies because at least Absolution penetrated the normie barrier which is why it sold so well, but as you and more importantly I/O sees is that there is no place for Blood Money gameplay anymore, just like Ubi did with Splinter Cell, no place for old stealth, it's now about action stealth.

Also while people here shit on story, it's a very important part of gaming today and one of the reasons gaming is so huge now. Gaming cannot survive with only the hardcore as you have seen with Hitman.

Hopefully I/O gets the chance to make a follow up to Absolution and cancel the seasons to the cancer that landed them in this position.
>>
>>376644697
This thought process. I mean this has to be bait because nobody is THIS cynical.
>>
>Nomura spends 10 years jacking off, gets replaced by Tabata, and they STILL can't release a finished game
>KH3 still not out
>FF7 remake never going to come out
>Nomura, Tabata, co get to keep their jobs despite decade of fuck-ups

Why is this
>>
>>376646608
Jap nepotism.
>>
>>376643809
>>376643886
Hope they'll find new investors/publisher who is not retarded enough to force episode horseshit on them.
>>
>>376645312
I don't see it as cynical anon, just seems like the way things are blowing. I mean it is what it is, now even though I didn't like Hitman 2016 and love Absolution did I in no way want this to happen, but unfortunately I knew it would happen when they announced it would be episodic, this was I/O's last bet and they bet on a shit horse, I am not sure who pushed the always online and episodic shit but it was the downfall of the franchise, I said this way back while some looked at it as a positive, which baffled my fucking brains.

All my post is stating is that these companies want money and that the games of old aren't going to cut it anymore, things have changed, we're on the way out, sooner or later you will only get your stealth fix when it's forced into a game with shitting stealth mechanics. I hope Ubisoft is paying attention to this situation to keep them from doing something stupid with Splinter Cell(which I am predicting will take several pages out of MGS V's book), I am rambling but all I am trying to say is I am not trying to be cynical, just being real.
>>
>>376647484
I meant shitty stealth mechanics not shitting(could you imagine a game with stealth shitting mechanics?).
>>
>>376647484
>I didn't like Hitman 2016 and love Absolution

It's like not liking ice cream, but loving rectal cancer. You are one fucked up motherfucker.
>>
>>376647913
Sorry anon.
>>
>>376647362
I'm honestly okay with episodic provided they give us shit to do in between like they've been doing and they don't take forever/cut corners due to juggling a ton of projects like Telltale does, but the always online was cancer.
>>
>>376647484
Hey man, just wanted to say that was a good post. I also said that episodic content could not work for Hitman and that it would end up cancelled.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.