[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4K. 144hz. HDR. Where were you when PC gaming blew console g

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: ANdkS9K.jpg (49KB, 605x598px) Image search: [Google]
ANdkS9K.jpg
49KB, 605x598px
4K. 144hz. HDR. Where were you when PC gaming blew console gaming away forever? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfALDKa2HPY
>>
>4k
>gsync
with these two worthless gimmicks on top of the rest of the specs this monitor will cost like $1500, should've been 1440p with no free/gsync at all
>>
>>376630145
PC gamer here. Looks like garbage. Must be expensive too, better to save for intelĀ“s new answer to Ryzen. How bad are your eyes if you have a big enough monitor to notice 4k? Get out neckbeard.
>>
>>376630912
>How bad are your eyes if you have a big enough monitor to notice 4k?
Have you even seen any computer monitor at 4K? It's very easy to see the difference.
>>
name me some games, with gameplay instead of other shit, that utilize high resolution and high hz
>>
File: 1494516419027.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1494516419027.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
I was playing games with an actual next gen graphics not multi-plats that were held back by irrelevant obsolete PC.
>>
File: K4OUbKl.jpg (85KB, 605x463px) Image search: [Google]
K4OUbKl.jpg
85KB, 605x463px
>>376633558
That's a nice PS2 game you got there, anon.
>>
PC is not only overpriced but also its game look like last decade titles.
>>
I wish I had something to use that kind of power on. Dont get me wrong, I use my PC constantly for vidya but nothing coming out demands that powerful hardware.
>>
>>376630145
This all sounds neat if you like technology I guess, but video games are about mastering systems and mechanics and overcoming designed challenges. Don't really get what the same thing but with more pixels really adds to that.
>>
>>376634430
Everyone wants the best possible experience.
>>
>>376634146
>>376633558
>literally the same fucking autist from the technology thread
>>
>>376634430
Fucking moron. HDR means you can see more colors, do you even realize what that means for the atmosphere? Take a game which focuses on darkness. All those shadows are going to look realistic as fuck, the light you carry is going to look closer to real light and not just yellow. It's not just 4K that's exciting about this, it's the fact you get great 144hz, HDR, and 4K all at once with one monitor. HDR is also great for movies or art etc.
>>
You're gonna pay $900 for that monitor, $700 for a 1080ti, $350 for a i7, and then play indie shit and the same MOBAs in 4K?

Fuck off
>>
>>376633702
Stop posting screenshots front the mobile version of goat simulator.
>>
>>376634605
Diminishing returns, Anon. I personally do not understand why you would spend a thousand dollars on something like that.

>>376634727
That sounds rather specific. I mean, yeah, better colours are beautiful, but they don't really add anything to what I enjoy in a video game. Or do you primarilly see video games as an audiovisual medium rather than an interactive one?
>>
You have 10 seconds to explain why anyone would need more than 1080p @ 60fps.
>>
>>376635030
>but they don't really add anything to what I enjoy in a video game
You sound exactly like all the fucking dinosaurs before 1080p became standard
>hurr you don't need anything more than 720p
>>
>>376630145
>RRP $10,000
>Nothing does 4K 1440p

What a fucking waste.
>>
>>376630145
Cool, now I have to wait 3 years before it becomes reasonably affordable, and for an OLED FreeSync version.
>>
>>376635030
Oh yeah, I wouldn't spend that much either. It's for people with too much money
>>
>>376635362
Well, if you don't miss any critical information that would influence your decision making, I don't see why 1080p is anything more than a bonus for a video game.

Sure, there are games that benefit from having a higher resolution. But a bunch of people still play in 720p, so, yeah, you don't technically "need" anything more than that.
>>
>>376630708
4k is only worthless on a very small screen. Gsync is only worthless when your frame rate never dips below the maximum fps your monitor supports. Baka
>>
>>376635598
>if you don't miss any critical information that would influence your decision making,
At 720 you miss tons of shit. 4K has tons of details. Even if you don't have a 4K monitor, download some 4K video and check out the amount of details you see on the screen. It's expensive in the beginning but once prices goes down it will quickly become mainstream and people are going to wonder how they could ever stand anything less than 4K. I already think it's substandard.
>>
>>376635598
>But a bunch of people still play in 720p
Lol who the fuck does that apart from console players?
>>
File: rig.jpg (56KB, 546x375px) Image search: [Google]
rig.jpg
56KB, 546x375px
I really need to upgrade my monitor. 1440p HDR would be ideal for me, any idea on what kind of price range those kinds of monitors are atm?
>>
>>376636070
Yes, you miss details on lower resolution. But what is the cut-off point for _critical_ information that has an effect on your decision making. If there is a lot going on on the screen, for example in an RTS, obviously a higher resolution will help you differentiate quicker between different units etc. But, let's say you are playing a fighting game. That better colourisation and those extra pixels won't really tell you more about that fireball your opponent just threw.

>>376636087
Well, console players, and since there are tens of millions of them it would be silly to disregard them. I mean, I am an idort myself, and primarily play on PC, because obviously a PC is the best platform due to the bigger variety of games and the higher degree of freedom you have with them (mod support etc.), but I do not think advancing technology that only affects non-gameplay related issues is a must to keep up with.
>>
>>376636579
>But what is the cut-off point for _critical_ information that has an effect on your decision making
4K, I suppose. 8K is going to happen waaay after 4K for this reason I think. I mean, 8K is cool as fuck but 4K is already so great for movies and gaming so it's hard to see it becoming mainstream like the way 1080p did. Basically it matters in games like FPS genre for example. In a game like Battlefield or games where you can see great distances like open world games, the difference in those type of games is huge because details are really important in those type of games. So you're right it won't matter as much in fighting games and such.
>That better colourisation and those extra pixels won't really tell you more about that fireball your opponent just threw.
No, but fire is going to look great in HDR. Don't forget movies/TV makes a huge difference, not just games. Personally I'm just happy because monitors have been stagnant for such a long time now. 60hz for example really sucks so it's exciting to see 4K monitors with 144hz now.
>>
>>376630708
freesync costs no money to add so youre a retard for suggesting not having it. its an open standard. gsync on the other hand is a complete waste of money that only adds to the price for proprietary garbage.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.