[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no marketing >no review copies >WHY ISN'T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: prey-logo.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
prey-logo.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>no marketing
>no review copies
>WHY ISN'T OUR GAME SELLING?
>>
File: 1493636822022.jpg (222KB, 688x595px) Image search: [Google]
1493636822022.jpg
222KB, 688x595px
>>376627184

fucking Blimp
>>
Didn't hurt nu-Doom.
>>
>>376627403
still sold like shit initially until word of mouth spread
>>
>>376627184
>no marketing
What's with this shit of just dropping the game without any PR?
>>
>>376627184
Don't forget
>completely threw away original lore of prey and just stuck the name onto a halfassed back burner project at the last moment.
>>
>>376627184
Nobody plays fps games anymore, bathesda.
>>
>no marketing
I see someone hasn't been looking.
>no review copies
I see someone didn't check Twitch before release.
>>
>>376627483
Don't forget:
>Had no control over the name because their Publisher, Bethesda, told them to use it nearing the end of production
>>
>>376627483
The first Prey didn't deserve a sequel. Tommy was a fag and his Indian powers were dumb.
>>
>>376627531
Two trailers is a pathetic marketing effort.
A couple of twitch streams the day before release is a pathetic marketing effort.
>>
Maybe this will teach people that you actually need to put some money into marketing, maybe not tens of millions of dollars like EA but they do need to spend a pretty penny if they want normalfags to know their game exists.
>>
This game suffers from averageness.
I can't see any reason to play it.
>>
Who is Bethesda's no-review-copies policy benefiting?
All their games that have released since that have sold like ass
>>
Good games like this sell well through word of mouth
>>
>>376628571
it's actually good desu senpai
give it a pirate when it's inevitably cracked
>>
>>376627483
The original Prey was mediocre as fuck.
Can't really say how good Prey 2 would be but this game is pretty good.
>>
>>376628571
And what games are you currently playing anon?
>>
does it have Denuvo?
>>
>$60
See you in humble monthly.
>>
>>376627621
Do we know what the game was originally called before Bethesda/Zenimax forced Arkane to call it Prey?
>>
>>376627184
>send out review copies
>dumbass beta-faggot "reviewer" can't get past his first phantom
>4/10 too hard
Yeah, that would've been great
>>
>>376628842
none
I spend 16 hours a day shitposting on blue/b/
>>
>>376628842
I've been playing some EDF wing diver.
>>
>>376628982
Got it for 30 on cdkeys
Was worth it desu senpai
>>
>>376627531
The fact that you have to "look" for marketing proves that the marketing isn't working
>>
>>376629020
I assume it just had an internal working title, nothing they were planning on actually naming it.
>>
>>376627184
they spent the marketting budget buying youtubers and streamers
>>
>>376627184
>>no marketing
>>no review copies
That's how you do a vapid cash grab AAA title meant to be pushed out then never spoken of again. Mass Effect : Andromeda anyone?

This way you get real reviews, word of mouth, and a slow burn that escalates a game into history.
>>
>>376628982
In the 30's on cdkeys plus pre order bonus
>>
I'm pretty sure that Beth knows that all of the shit it used to do with review copies and marketing and PR did not actually directly connect to sales.

Zenimax is jew as fuck so you know if they can make more money they will.
>>
>>376629435
They're not going to make more shekels if their games don't sell. If they don't market their games, normies (the largest market) won't even know it exists.
>>
>>376627531
Why the fuck would I need to search out advertisement?
>>
File: The Deak.jpg (92KB, 962x718px) Image search: [Google]
The Deak.jpg
92KB, 962x718px
>>376627483
>original lore of prey
>>
>>376629020
Something like "The Test."
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.