[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please be good. They seem to want to make it an actual love letter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 387
Thread images: 59

File: AkFLXPP.jpg (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
AkFLXPP.jpg
2MB, 2880x1800px
Please be good. They seem to want to make it an actual love letter to the films and fans, and I actually like the idea of stalking or being stalked. I've liked the idea of it when I heard of Dead by Daylight and Evolve. Never played them as it didn't seem like they were that great, but I really hope this turns out well. Like the potential to be fun and enjoyable is there, but so is the possibility it could be shit.

For those that care, what Jason do you intend to use? I'm gonna work with Jason 7 since I dig the ripped clothes showing off his bones and such, plus machete. Hoping water speed is useful to some capacity.
>>
>Please be good
That Savini Jason has me worried because:
>Pre-order only
>You have to buy it separate from a pre-order
>From what I've read, will not be sold post-release ever (potential lie)
>May have a unique movement set
Something about it just doesn't sit well with me.
>>
File: jason-2-stat-screen[1].jpg (605KB, 3839x2159px) Image search: [Google]
jason-2-stat-screen[1].jpg
605KB, 3839x2159px
>>376621525
I'll get to the Savini stats since he's near the bottom. If I recall it has good bonuses but also good weaknesses. I mean Jason is broken as fuck, as he should be, but I don't think the Savini skin is going to be broken. I could be completely wrong though.
>>
File: jason-stat-3-screen[1].jpg (479KB, 3839x2159px) Image search: [Google]
jason-stat-3-screen[1].jpg
479KB, 3839x2159px
>>376621658
>>
File: Jason-6-stat-screen[1].jpg (583KB, 3839x2159px) Image search: [Google]
Jason-6-stat-screen[1].jpg
583KB, 3839x2159px
>>376621809
>>
File: jason-7-stat[1].jpg (596KB, 3839x2159px) Image search: [Google]
jason-7-stat[1].jpg
596KB, 3839x2159px
>>376621906
>>
File: jason-8-stat[1].jpg (603KB, 3839x2159px) Image search: [Google]
jason-8-stat[1].jpg
603KB, 3839x2159px
>>376621996
>>
>>376621658
>going to be broken
Well, obviously he's going to be as overpowered as the other Jasons, hopefully.
But on the flip-side, he could be a top-pick that only a few people will have access to because lolpreorders.
I wanna remain optimistic tho.
>>
Is there a Jason X
>>
File: jason-9-stat[1].jpg (545KB, 3839x2159px) Image search: [Google]
jason-9-stat[1].jpg
545KB, 3839x2159px
>>376622092

>>376622146
I don't think the Savini skin is preorder bonus, it's backer bonus only right? Thought I read that somewhere. I know there is no preorder on PS4 so if it was that'd alienate one userbase.

I don't mind things being backer exclusive since that makes sense to me. People take a gamble on a project and get a little love in return. I'm more hoping the game itself is just good and enjoyable, even when playing as the counselors.
>>
File: savini-jason-stats[1].jpg (1MB, 3839x2159px) Image search: [Google]
savini-jason-stats[1].jpg
1MB, 3839x2159px
>>376622348
No, I think due to licensing issues? I'm not certain. If it is licensing issues maybe that'd change over time, but I doubt it.

I like that the counselors can call in Jarvis to help and that he takes the place of one of the counselors that die. If they get the chance it'd be cool if they could get Ash to come in instead. Would make at least a little sense considering the Necronomicon has been seen in the movies. Would like to hear Campbell banter to Jason.
>>
May 26th can't come soon enough. I need this.
>>
>>376623506
Wish they'd show off some of the other maps. Isn't one supposed to have more watery areas to traverse through? That'll be beneficial for the Jason I intend to use.
>>
>game needs 6-8 people for a single game
>can't choose whether you want to be a survivor or jason, it's random

if this thing doesn't get a really big playerbase and maintain one getting into matches is going to be a bitch
>>
>>376621809
>>376621906
Round Mask or Oblong Mask, /v/?
>>
>>376623995
Round.
>>
>>376623894
Maybe it can start without a full 6-8? Hopefully it does have a good enough playerbase, or that they at least add cross platform play.

>>376623995
Oblong, the round one just seems off to me. Possibly because that Jason has this weird pointy neck/shoulders.
>>
>>376623894
Lets be real. What are the odds of game surviving past first month with requirments like that?
>>
File: IMG_1068.gif (445KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1068.gif
445KB, 250x188px
>all of those stretch goals and their amounts

What exactly are they hoping for?
>>
>>376624829
It was already funded a while ago. Comes out in two weeks actually.
>>
>>376624829
Some of those stretch goals that didn't get reached are actually in the game though, like Tommy Jarvis. I liked the idea of the virtual cabin as a lobby with the tv playing horror stuff with a "special host" who I can only guess would have been Elvira.
>>
>>376624675
It'll die on consoles fast. PC will have a dedicated fanbase but not a huge one.
>>376625821
Some of them would have been nice to get. One of them if I remember right was the wheelchair dude from one of the movies.
>>
>>376625969
>die on consoles fast
Probably but being the lowly peasant that I am I hope it has at least enough of a player base to have matches. That's why I'm hoping they get cross platform play going.
>>
Game is gonna be fun but die super fast off the random selection of Jason and just how these kinda games rarely maintain much of a player base. Also get ready for the
>I didn't get Jason
>2-4 people quit at the start of every game

Its gonna happen all the fucking time.
>>
>>376626342
I know Jason is over powered as fuck and will be fun to play, but why don't these people see the fun in being the counselors too? Like a horror game that you can do things to defend yourself but unless you're on the ball will die. I find that an interesting mechanic. I look forward to playing both.
>>
>>376626548
some people just can't deal with that feeling of powerlessness, even though the counsellors can wreck jason's shit on occasion.
>>
>>376626548
>I wanna win!
>Gets stuck as a character that is likely to die unless they play exceptionally well
>They get 0 EXP if they leave after death and not before match end
>They probably have ADD
You get the point. They want their instant gratification, which playing Jason gives, murdering counselors, whereas playing a counselor gives you no gratification unless you finish the match and doesn't give that feeling of "You win!" unless you also survive the match.
Whereas with Jason, even if you manage to fucking die or just not get everyone, you feel like you did your job well because you murdered some folks along the way.
>>
>>376621658
>>376621809
>Jason
>can run

what the hell is this?
>>
>>376627957
>Parts 2 and 3
>>
>>376627957
It's not a straight out run. He's just a bit faster than normal Jasons. It's enough to make a difference at times but it's at most a quick walk.
>>
>>376627298
Well fuck them. I mean yeah I get what you're saying but that's a shitty way to play, just leaving because you aren't Jason.

Do counselors get exp/points for everything they do? Like if you help fix a car, or save someone from Jason, set a trap, etc? You may get fewer bursts of exp like Jason gets when he kills someone, but if you're doing a lot of shit as a counselor and get exp for it that'd be incentive to keep helping.

I don't know if it works out like this but if you fix a car for example and someone else leaves on it, even if you die, you should get points. Like you sacrificed yourself so someone else could live. Which happens in the movies and people always give credit to the characters that do that, so it'd fit.
>>
>>376621906
Gonna ambush people all day erryday.
>>
>>376621658
>Jason is broken as fuck
I take it you have some kind of closed beta access?

In the open beta Jason was extremely weak excepting shift-grabs, where you grabbed someone out of his invisible teleport move. It was basically the only way to kill anyone.

Has that changed?
>>
>>376631350
I don't understand why there isn't a separate queue for people who only want to play as Jason.
Matchmaking would prioritize each game having one person from that queue, and if that queue is ever empty, then it would just default to the system they have currently, where people can opt in or out.
>>
>>376623894
yeah, this is what kills my interest when it comes to this game. if it actually had a fully fleshed out single player mode i would have still pre ordered it.
>>
>>376631540
No I don't have any kind of beta access. Just from the videos I saw him using his shift and morph moves you can get the drop on characters easily.

I do know he now has a stalk ability and can break fences, so counselors can't just cheese him everywhere. He's broken as fuck in the sense that killing him and stopping him completely is very unlikely, and that he'll always be a constant threat unless you have a team of all Batman level players.
>>
>>376631696
>I don't understand why there isn't a separate queue for people who only want to play as Jason.
there wouldn't be any counselors

Any decision to split a player base is usually a bad one.
>>
>>376631987
From what I can tell, DBD has the opposite problem, where there aren't enough killers, and that game is 4v1.
>>
>>376632267
Is the killer unfun to play in that or something? Why would people not want to play as the killer?
>>
>>376632986
I personally would prefer not to be killer since it's there's more pressure to perform, plus I enjoy the hiding aspect more. There are tons of other games where I can violently powertrip, but not a lot of multiplayer stealth games.
>>
>>376631540
Throwing knives and traps can help Jason snag people without utilizing his shift. I think the devs said they're thinking about letting Jason retrieve his traps that don't get triggered, but they want to see how the game plays out as is. Throwing knives slow counselors down if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>376632986
depends, do you want to play ring around the rosey with teens? Whatever scariness the killers had is long gone.
>>
>>376632267
This is because over the years, they've almost exclusively done nothing but shit on Killers patch after patch after patch.
They've only recently realized that there are far fewer Killer players than there used to be, cause so many have had enough of a garbage meta where Killers are massively gimped without specific Perks and Survivors are insanely strong with specific Perks to the point they can actually taunt Killers and get away with it at high rank.
So they showed a little love with stuff like the fact you can sabotage Generators to lose up to 20% now and the like.
>>
Fuck this game. The fact that there are different Jasons to play as is an idiotic idea. If you wanted more choices of characters to play as they could have just made a slasher-esque game that had nothing to do with Friday the 13th. Can't even play as Jason's mom (the original killer) but can play as every iteration of that hockey mask wearing retard.

Go get excited for Last Year, it's a highly superior game.

http://www.lastyearthegame.com/
>>
>>376634936
Cue history repeating itself.
>Damned is shit! Get hype for Evolve!
>Evolve is shit! Get hype for Dead by Daylight!
>Dead by Daylight is shit! Get hype for Friday the 13th!
>Friday the 13th is shit! Get hype for Last Year!
>>
>>376621270

>Please be good

good luck with that, the game doesn't even have nudity

it's gonna be watered down shit
>>
>>376634936
Is this the power of shilling?
>>
>>376632986
survivors can humiliate killers with things like infinite runs and pallet loops on most maps or running one of the standard shitter loadouts, like:
>self care
(heal yourself without a medkit and make medkits more efficient)
>sprint burst (run at twice your normal speed for 5 seconds, only 2 of the 6 killers can catch up)
>iron will
(make no cries of pain while injured)
>lightweight
(footsteps made by running disappear twice as fast, technically countered by a killer perk [ but no one uses it)

or
>we'll make it
healing speed is doubled after rescuing someone for one minute
>bond
can see other survivors through walls
>saboteur
break hooks that the killer needs to kill people with without a toolbox, as well as being able to break a specific killer's entire gimmick
>spine chill
get an audio alert when the killer looks at you

survivors are so broken that most killers quit a long time ago, and the new killer coming that the devs said "wanted to be batshit op, we want complaints" is tied for the worst killer one decent perk and a useless ability
>>
>>376622348
He's gonna be added as dlc I think, same with Pamela
>>376635317
Seems like it, The person fails to understand each Jason has it's own play styles
>>
>>376635938
Have they mentioned if they plan to have DLC and what it is? Maybe a city map, or other horror killers?
>>
>>376621270
>>376621658
I think thats cool as fuck they build his strengths and weaknesses off of the movies accordingly
>>
>>376636613
I like that each Jason has their own weapon, but I'm curious if you can pick up weapons around the camp too. I know you can grab throwing knives in areas that only Jason can reach due to his height, but what about pitchforks hammers etc?
>>
>>376635679
How many of these can you have? 4?
Some seem extremely powerful just by themselves.
>>
>>376636329
I'm pretty sure they said DLC would be a matter of success, if they turn some dosh they'll probably make some DLC. As for what it is they're open to shit like more maps from the movies and possibly an attempt to make Ms. Vorhees
>>
>>376636329
On the official forums they talk about it.

They said that doing diffrent killers is hard because they don't have the license for them and doing someone like Freddy would prove difficult and near imposible. It would take a lot of development as his powers are diffrent. They were saying it's hard for them to add him in particular becuase he talks more and is a more omnipresent killer it wouldn't be a simple reskin but a full gameplay overhaul the same goes for Pamela (but she's more likely to make an appearance).

They said they were looking into adding classic movie characters like Tina but it's hard not to make them completely OP as well has a lot of the orignal actors and actress of these films have passed so it's hard to get the okay for their likeness as well as their voice acting.

I think we're for sure getting Uber Jason and the spaceship eventually from what they said on the forums as well as the S.S. Lazarus/Manhattan map. I know the game comes packaged with a few diffrent maps though
>>
>>376621270
The devs seem like they give a shit but I think the game is going to be help back by the low budget.

You can already see that the maps all look very similar and I think it only has 3.
>>
>>376636837
the pitchfork and fire stoker kills are environmental kills, If you grab someone near a campfire you just need to walk them over to it and press the prompt.
>>
>>376636851
Yeah. A top-level character can have up to 4 of them at that power-level. They each come in 3 tiers, those listed are their third-rank variants.
And in addition, each character is supposed to be unique in that they get 3 specific perks out of the set unique to them.
Until a specific level where you get a Teachable variant that lets you find it as another character, thus homogenizing every Survivor in the game to the same few builds because it's the most efficient.
That guy also skipped one that used to be an auto-slot in all builds called Decisive Strike.
>One time when getting picked up by a Killer (that is, after getting hit twice and downed so he can take you to a hook,) you can grab an object in the environment (not a mechanic, just fluff) and if you succeed at a skill check, stab the Killer and escape his grip
>>
>>376634936
This looks like it could be neat but being able to lay traps while you're in invisible predator mode seems a bit much.
>>
>>376621525
I made a point about this to the devs. I guess we'll just see what happens. It's supposed to be a Kickstarter only reward, but it's a bad reward for a multiplayer game.
>>
>>376623728
They've shown a bit of Packanack lodge and Crystal Lake. But there's only three maps.
>>
>>376637379
I agree. Had it been a skin they can apply, even to all Jasons, I would be fine with it, but this is so poorly handled in my opinion.
>>
>>376636851
yep, 4 perks, plus an item with up to 2 addons and an offering
>>
>>376637259
Honestly them giving a shit is a reason I'm so interested. Giving a shit can trump budget. Doesn't mean it will, but it can. If it does well, and since it's only 40 bucks, I wouldn't mind giving them some extra cash for decent dlc.

>>376637278
Pitchfork being an environmental kill makes sense, thanks. So he can't carry different weapons other than the one he spawns with, but some weapons can still be used. That's cool.

Also Kane Hodder's a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>376623894
>can't choose whether you want to be a survivor or jason, it's random
Isn't one of the big problems with DBD is there's few people playing as survivors? Jason being chosen at random seems like the best way to do it.

You can choose to be Jason in private matches at least.
>>
>>376637542
Honestly Savini jason has some of the worst weaknesses, I don't think people will play it too much.
>>
>>376637278
The Savini Jason has the devil's Pitchfork, so I don't think it's an environmental kill since it has multiple kills like the other weapons.

I'm hoping you can pick what weapon you use and you aren't stuck with a dedicated one, but there doesn't seem to be an assortment of weapons you can use laying around or anything. Which isn't to say they can't add smaller weapons as environmental kills later on.
>>
>>376637835
Yea it just looks cool, I think part 2 jason is the best
>>
>>376637978
There's a separate pitchfork in front of the barn that's an environmental kill.
>>
>>376637723
Is it confirmed you can choose who is Jason in private matches? That'd be pretty damn cool.

>>376637978
One of the trailers showed a non-Savini Jason using a pitchfork to kill some counselors. Though it's possible they used one of the already released Jason models as a placeholder, and that the pitchfork isn't actually an environmental kill?
>>
>>376638165
One of the earlier trailers showed each 3 Jason's using different weapons. However, the newest 4 Jason's have more unique versions of the same weapons more fitting to the movies they were from (except 9 because 9 sucked).

The original spear and pitchfork may still be in the game, I have no clue. If the pitchfork is an environmental kill that would rule, but there was no such thing in the beta. But a lot of environment kills weren't in the beta like the toilet kill or the bird bath kill or the log stump one.
>>
>>376637254
Oh the boat would be pretty cool. That'd kinda fuck with Jason though, wouldn't it? Not saying that's bad, it'd just make him have to work harder. Unlike in the woods where you can shift from point a to b without too much in your way, a ship would be a different story.
>>
>>376637254
A big thing with new maps is designing both environmental kills for them and escape methods. You probably can't take a car off the S.S. Lazarus.
>>
>>376627957
Jason could run until he was killed in the forth movie. He only walked/teleported as a zombie starting with six.
>>
File: mathieu cote just.png (203KB, 439x370px) Image search: [Google]
mathieu cote just.png
203KB, 439x370px
Dont buy F13 play my game instead.
>>
>>376638165
Yea you could choose in the beta private matches idk why'd they take it out
>>
>>376638916
HOOK CAMPING
>>
>>376638916
Is that the dev of DBD or Last Year?
>>
File: 1492031985916.gif (519KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1492031985916.gif
519KB, 500x281px
>TFW I got the early bird special on the Kickstarter and it only costed $25

Ever if it ends up being a dog turd at least I won't be out too much.
>>
>psyched as hell for a good F13th game
>hearing from anons in the beta that Jason is weak as fuck, only realistic chance of killing anyone is to teleport ontop of them and grab them
>multiplayer only, forced to try and find people to play with
I don't know why I bother getting excited over new games. It never works out well.
>>
>>376639968
Beta was a long time ago anon, our boy is proper retarded strong now.
>>
I wish there were Physicals at launch
>>
>>376639968
Do you not know what matchmaking is?
>>
>>376641196
Horribly broken crap that never works properly in any game I've ever tried? Yeah, I'm familiar with that shit.
>>
>>376641365
Wow you're bitter
>>
>>376642090
>get promised a bunch of great games by devs
>promises broken repeatedly
>don't feel like falling for the BS again
>wow you're bitter
Where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>376639778
>concerned about paltry donation of money
>open beta was a thing
>literal hundreds of hours of streaming of game available online
>can't figure out if the game is any good

It must be very hard living with nigger tier intelligence.
>>
File: C-8K5nuWAAAr2et.jpg (26KB, 533x493px) Image search: [Google]
C-8K5nuWAAAr2et.jpg
26KB, 533x493px
>>376642401
>Imagine being this bitter
>>
>>376635129
I actually was hyped for Evolve and I thought it was perfect until it started catering to casuals which offset the entire game making Hunters win over 70% of the time.

>>376637369
Yeah, so does being able to teleport using a map and landing right in front of a counselor.
>>
>>376634936

>Different skins for a character with multiple unique appearances over the course of 40 years is a bad thing
>>
>>376640119
Not him but how is he better than he was in the beta?
>>
>>376639968
>hearing from anons in the beta that Jason is weak as fuck, only realistic chance of killing anyone is to teleport ontop of them and grab them
That was because of an overpowered character that everyone played, who was nerfed halfway into the beta.
>>
>>376644165
he has traps stronger then the survivors, throwing knives, smashing loop fences and his new stealth ability.
>>
>>376644165
Throwing knives, traps, smashing certain fences and an ability that kills the music when standing still, and which lasts for a short time while moving. They also made the police escape harder by forcing you to find a special item before you can repair the phone.
>>
As someone who has spent like 200 hours on dead by daylight, I can assume pretty safely that playing as a counsellor will be easy, and only get easier as patches come out. The devs will hear 8 people bitch about Jason OP for every 1 that says he's underpowered and soon it will be to where dbd is now: everyone just shits on the cuckold killer and you get a group report if you actually kill anyone fir "camping"
>>
>>376642672
The beta was more fun than I expected the game to be. Aside from issues the devs already addressed, it was everything I wanted DBD to be.
>>
>>376644246
Did they nerf the blue tracksuit girl?
>>
>>376643029
Why are you like this? Why do you have to be so damn mean anon?
>>
File: 59774_original[1].jpg (58KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
59774_original[1].jpg
58KB, 1280x688px
>>376643817
I wouldn't care if it was skins, but it's not. They all have different abilities and weapons, but instead of making the game an homage to slashers they made it a homage to a single character. A character who in at least two of his movies wasn't even the same guy. Plus let's set the entire game in the 80's you know when Jason was made Despite the fact that he's been in modern day New York and sci-fi space shenanigans in the year 2455. At this point just make a game that is good instead of making a game that is selling purely based on the IP of some hack who wishes he was Wes Craven.
>>
>>376644920
Yeah, they nerfed her during the beta and have said they've reworked the way stamina works. It sounds like high stamina characters won't regenerate their stamina as quickly or something like that.
>>
>>376644920
Yes.
>>
>>376644343
>>376644371
Very nice. His traps weren't stronger than counselors before? That seems rather silly. His Stalk ability I did hear about and wasn't aware that was not in the beta. I love the sound of that ability. Hoping to sneak into a building some time as him, flick that ability on, and just wait. Good thing about this ability is it makes complete silence not as comforting as it would be since you don't know if he's got that shit turned on or not. How did they nerf the overpowered counselor?

>>376644591
>>376644648
Since the people behind this game seem to be doing it with a lot of care for the franchise, I'd like to think that they'll keep Jason as a hulking nigh unstoppable beast that he should be.

Who AJ here? I'm hoping to sneak around as best I can and get cars or phones working. Oh speaking of cars I love that getting one working isn't just an instant win since Jason can just wreck that shit with his bare hands. If you're in a car, do not try to run over Jason.
>>
>>376621270

Even if it's good there's no way it won't just be another flavor of the month game that dies fast and/or is filled with people not wanting a specific role and that quit early.
>>
>>376645269
>His traps weren't stronger than counselors before?
He didn't have traps at all in the beta.
>>
>>376645013
This, i would love a game LIKE THIS where you get to pick characters like Jason, Leathemuncher, Freddy Krougar, Predator and Alien and kill people.
>>
>>376643534
>hyped for Evolve
I was too overall until I realized they can't balance for shit, just like everyone else in multiplayer competitive games, ever.
>>
>>376645394
Licensing nightmare, it would never be doable.
>>
>>376645269
I'm going with the Jock.
>>
File: Fotor1106151539.jpg (959KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor1106151539.jpg
959KB, 1024x768px
>>376645013
Wow this is so entitled and ignorant. I miss being edgy and 14
>>
>>376645269
I'm assuming you mean the black girl, they took her speed down a tad and now that traps and throwing knives are a thing she has a lot of shit to worry about. Keep in mind his traps are covered in leaves so they are a little bit hard to see.
>>
>>376645397
Dude, on release and well into it's stride the balance was practically 50/50 as they started buffing hunters because people couldn't learn how to use the dome properly and that monsters were just exploiting game glitches the numbers started fluctuating with every update and was never consistent again until it went f2p and nerfed the monster hard.
>>
File: 7.jpg (566KB, 3839x2159px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
566KB, 3839x2159px
>>376645269
I think Deborah and Adam may be the best.
>>376645269
>Jason as a hulking nigh unstoppable beast that he should be.

I heard that the player may be able to put on Pamela's sweater and use it to kill him like Tina there were datamined files that seemed so.
>>
This makes me want a Predator game. One player is the predator in the jungle hunting soldiers. Kind of like that mod the Hidden.
>>
>>376645394
No, you're missing my point. It shouldn't have ANY characters from movies or any kind of media because then all it is doing is pandering to fans of whatever movie instead of focusing on gameplay.

Last Year is exactly this. Having made unique characters and situations that don't sacrifice gameplay for pandering.

>>376645560
Being edgy is thinking Jason is cool. Being ignorant is not having watched any of these movies and only knowing the reboot because you were too young to have seen the others in theatres or thinking Jason was the main badguy in the movies.
>>
>>376645759
When I first heard Jason got traps I was concerned they'd be easy to avoid. Them being covered in leaves is fantastic. I mean it seems like such a small detail, but that makes it seem to me that the people behind it give a shit. Just hope they give enough of a shit and that it's really good. Like on par with the 2009 Ghostbuster game good.

>>376646196
I don't really mind who turns out to be the best counselor since I wanted to use AJ cause of her stats and bein cute, but Deborah is a cutie too. Love me some Velma-style nerd girls. Shit, you better be able to at least give her Velma colored clothes.
>>
>>376646432
I think best also depends on what your playstyle is, I'm trying to play stealthy and get cars etc done as quick as possible
>>
Any counselor you're going to make it a point to try and kill, or try and avoid? Obviously I'll go after everybody but if I see the douchey prep guy I'm going to hunt him down.
>>
>>376647039
Niggress.
After the hell that was the major Beta event, I will be sure and cull every one of them I see now that they're balanced.
>>
>>376646424
>Being ignorant is thinking Jason was the main badguy in the movies
So him being the killer in 9 out of 11 movies mean nothing?
>>
>>376647039
Fat kid for the easy meal.
>>
I hope iconic characters like Mark, and Alice make it to the game and we get the chance to do classic kills like the bed and the mirror
>>
Devs are streaming game right now, this is not a drill!

https://www.twitch dot tv/weskeltner
>>
>>376621658

Do you get play as part one's "jason?"

Betsy Palmer
>>
>>376648294
No. She was an unreached Stretch Goal.
Maybe in the future.
Also stop Reddit spacing, it's bad for your health.
>>
>>376648169
Looks like they're just talking about counselor clothing.
>>
>>376648294
They said her gameplay would be hard since you never actually see her kill it's more implied since she isn't revealed to be the killer till the very end
>>
>>376647039
Jenny is for sparing.
>>
>>376648294
That would be a completely different kind of game, not worth it imo
>>
File: 436042_1348244951870_500_283.jpg (84KB, 499x283px) Image search: [Google]
436042_1348244951870_500_283.jpg
84KB, 499x283px
>>376648472
Right? he's really going though each consolers outfits which are just recolors
>>
>>376649154
He explained why they're recolors though. But he said more sophisticated outfits are a possibility for the future.

>Dr. Voorhees, I'm Kenny Riedell
>>
>>376649272
I mean I get why cause they're indie but can I see some gameplay, I can look though outfits when I get the game myself
>>
>>376649369
Well the big reason is because the gore tech is meshed around their outfit, so making a new outfit would require extra work with the gore.

But I'm also disappointed we aren't getting gameplay, but I'm sticking around just in-case. It's not that long of a wait anyhow.
>>
File: IMG_2884.png (270KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2884.png
270KB, 600x436px
>game is coming out this month
>not in October where there's actually a Friday on the 13th

I shouldn't be picky about this but I am.
>>
>>376649687
They didn't wanna delay release any longer.
>>
>>376649272
Are they gonna say who the kickstarter created characters were?
>>
So.... how do you kill jason?
Is there gonna be some secret cave on the outskirts of the map that has his moms head in it, and if you destroy it Jason starts taking damage? I want it to be hard to pull that shit off
>>
>>376649996
The counselors? It's Kenny, Lachappa, Bugzy and Adam. Basically, every male except Chad.
>>
>>376650051
A few ways:
>Have a 10 Strength character hit him with every weapon on the map
>Hit him with the car AND have Jarvis shoot him plus a good bit of beating with the various weapons
>There will be other ways in the future that haven't been revealed
>>
I have been waiting for this game a long time ago.
Fuck the devs who want to release it at the same time with consoles...
>>
>>376650051
I'm thinking you can do it in the 2 minute mark. I know you can put on Pamela's sweater which should play some role in killing Jason
>>
>>376650385
It prevents Jason from hitting you. He has an animation where he hesitates to hit you and looks lost in a trance.
>>
>>376650385
Probably does bonus damage and reduced taken damage but but where do you find that

>>376650220
> every weapon on the map
Sounds impossible, does Jason have a health bar?
Can you play as a cop with a gun, or is that last year?
>>
>>376650690
>does Jason have a health bar?
Not that anyone can see, but he does die after taking a specified amount of damage, which varies per-Jason.
The easiest to kill is Part 2. Hence why he has the Defensive weakness.
>>
>>376650571
The animation in question.
https://youtu.be/8ayAvY-x5PU?t=4m56s
>>
>>376650690
The sweater thing was a data mined sound bite
>>376650571
Seems OP I might just go for it all the time
>>
>>376651015
>Seems OP
>Everyone makes a mad dash for it
>Jason just chops them down one by one before they can get to it
>>
>>376650908
Part 6 also has a defense weakness, and part 9 has fewer hit points. Not sure if that's worse than having a defense weakness, or if it means that you get the lower health but don't suffer having a weaker block.
>>
>>376651162
I feel like few day 1s will know about it so it'll be easy to exploit
>>
>>376650571
Surely it doesn't make you immune to jason, it would have to be like he grabs you and rips it off, then you get free, so next time you die
>>
Just waiting on the Xbox pre-order to open. I played the beta on PC and found that, even on the lowest settings, my 750ti was barely getting 24 fps.
>>
File: 1467770804633.jpg (219KB, 1132x1698px) Image search: [Google]
1467770804633.jpg
219KB, 1132x1698px
I'm afraid that the game costing $40 bucks just digital will turn a lot of potential players off.
>>
>>376651537
They'll spend the same amount on an early access game that never leaves alpha.
>>
>>376651537
>$40 isn't expensive

>That's still cheaper than every triple A
>>
>>376651502
I'm waiting on physicals which got delayed and more than likely won't be out till June
>>
File: Kickstarter.png (57KB, 1128x844px) Image search: [Google]
Kickstarter.png
57KB, 1128x844px
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
Does anyone else feel it's hard as fuck to kill Jason with Jarvis. I've never seen it done personally
>>
>>376653145
It doesn't help that Tommy only brings two shells with him. Once those are gone, he becomes no different than one of the counselors.

As a huge Friday the 13th fan, I got rock hard when they announced he was going to be in the game and would be voiced by one of the original actors that played him.
>>
>>376653145
You couldn't kill Jason in the beta, and Jarvis is just a high-stat character who starts with a gun. He isn't superman.

They should make Jarvis spawn in with a pocket knife, med spray and a flare gun/firecracker. I'd rather have a full inventory than a gun. He felt too vulnerable.
>>
File: tommy jarvis.gif (951KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
tommy jarvis.gif
951KB, 499x281px
>>376653326
[eurobeat intensifies]
>>
>>376635129
Atleast Dead by Daylight still have decent playerbase. I hope Friday will achieve the same success, but it's rather unlikely mainly due to it's price. It's 2 times more expensive than DbD.
>>
>>376653471
DbD lasted longer than Evolve, certainly, but the playerbase is dropping and the game is in decline.
>>
>>376653471
But there's 2 times more variety in Friday. In DbD. you find some generators, activate them, and leave. There's a shit ton more options and things to do in Friday the 13th.
Granted, most people won't care about that and will only care about the price.
>>
>>376653431
Yea but isn't the whole point of him supposed to give the remaining 5-6 a chance to kill Jason.

I get he's not superman but he should at least be able to fulfill his purpose. Whats the point of giving someone a second life if they just have to escape again.

But from what I understand you can kill him as Jarvis
>>
>>376653679
My friend thinks DbD has more variety becuase it's not "one single IP" but what I tried to explain is that Friday has far more variety and challenge.

Not to mention that the developers are planning to support it with more content
>>
>>376654116
He means that there are multiple killers with different playstyles which changes how the game plays. But I don't think it matters all that much when the game boils down to generator repair.
>>
File: 1490918228609.png (624KB, 570x559px) Image search: [Google]
1490918228609.png
624KB, 570x559px
I've only watched a little bit of it and it looks terrible compared to DbD. Is there something I'm missing with the core game mechanics? Jason jogs like a retard and the gameplay is slow as fuck, it's cool though that he murders the campers and can destroy shit though. I guess his teleporting makes sense due to the map size but I don't get where the gameplay gets interesting if Jason just one shots people.
>>
>>376645269
Is that left perk fucking Chris Hansen?
>>
>>376654470
He doesn't one-shot people. If he melees them, it takes 4-8 hits or so.
If he picks them up, he can instantly kill up to 4 people. After that, he has to find an environmental object to kill them with or they break free when they fill their struggle meter.
The break-free window is relatively small, but it's definitely doable.
>>
>>376654570
Let the memes flow.
>>
>>376654470
Compared to DBD, matches are longer and there Jason has to keep track of way more people. Also unlike DBD is that Jason always has the upper hands. I believe the reason there are so many counselors is because it's pretty much guaranteed for more than half of them to die.
Almost like it were a slasher movie
>>
>>376654470
The game is slow and tense which makes it fun IMO

They've improved a lot since beta but take it with some salt since nobody's played it

But in beta: Jason takes 3 shots to kill someone you can also heal yourself if you get away, if he grabs you and you have a pocket knife you can break free, someone can also hit jason and get you free thus stunning him giving you all a chance to escape, you can also just wiggle free if the jason isn't just trying to do basic kills I.E. the environmentals, which require him to walk to to the fire place or whatever.

DbD look boring to me becuase there's not many variables.

The core gameplay You have to try and escape from camp while requires piceces to unlock the routes and even then you have to get to those route which makes the game tense IMO becuase Jason can stop you as you're driving out. Break the phone box you're trying to call with etc.

Also they like I said they've added more since beta so I'm expecting the game to play fairly fresh at it's core the game is hide and seek which I can see some people thinking it's boring
>>
File: Untitled.png (26KB, 1040x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
26KB, 1040x1400px
>>376654570
>>
What's your favourite Friday the 13th /v/?
>>
File: Violet.png (317KB, 720x392px) Image search: [Google]
Violet.png
317KB, 720x392px
>>376656802
Part 5 has best girl.
>>
>>376656802
The one where Crispin Glover dances like a tard
>>
>>376656802
2 is this even a question?
>>
>>376656802
I'm torn between 2 and 3.
>>
>>376621525
>>Pre-order only
>>You have to buy it separate from a pre-order
only reason is it started as a kickstarter so that is done now, it should be available for preorder now that its approved by steam etc to buy there.
>>
>>376658520
It is on pc, there won't be console pre orders I don't think
>>
AJ is thicc.
>>
>>376660226
best girl
>>
>>376647245
Can someone tell me what made her such a bitch to deal with? Was she faster than even Jasons shift ability?
>>
>>376661912
She had such insane speed and stamina that she could outrun Jason even when out of stamina and if she gained distance from him, she could just stop moving, wait for for her stamina to recharge, and then start running as soon as Jason gets close again.

They nerfed her band-aid style in the beta, and for the full game they say they've reworked how stamina works so that it's possible for her to actually run out and be unable to keep running.
>>
>>376661912

With the high speed and how stamina originally worked, she could out run Jason for days.

Basically, you need to trick tele-grab her if you wanted to even consider killing her. It wasn't particularly easy because Jason clearly stops moving when using the ability so you can watch for it.
>>
>>376634936
>how dare they pay homage to the various iterations of the iconic character the game is centered around
>how dare they try to add some variety to the Jason gameplay with different skill sets
>oh by the way check out this game that I have nothing to do with haha I think it looks pretty neat
>>
File: 1490140407991.gif (993KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490140407991.gif
993KB, 540x540px
>>376656802
6 that shit was so damn fun
>>
>>376662504
The best part? The creator of that game, Last Year, threw a tantrum over the existence of F13. Accused it of stealing his idea and trying to kill his game because they made him take down the picture of Totally Not Jason Voorhees on the Last Year kickstarter page.
>>
>>376634936
>Last Year

isn't that the game made by a known vaporware kickstarter scam artist?
>>
>>376653679
>>376654116
Would Friday the 13th draw in people who love the movies? I mean it's base only on one movie franchise, but it's got 6 different Jasons that everyone has access to and iconic locals like Crystal Lake. Plus you can deal with counselors in many more ways than DbD.

It was made for fans so I'm sure it'll entertain them as long as the user base is large enough for relatively constant matches. I mean when I was a kid movies like Friday were pretty popular. You'd figure kids from then would have a console or pc capable of playing it.
>>
>>376663173

Honestly, it drew me in before I had seen any of the movies. I liked the amount of attention to detail the crew was giving the game.

I then proceeded to marathon the movies.

I'm torn between 4 and 6 as my favorite.
>>
>>376622348
Only be worth it if they make a spaceship level to match
>>
>>376663173
Everyone should watch all the movies anyways.
Even Part VIII.
>>
>>376660226
I'm not going to want to kill her or Deborah. I like their body types and nerdy/punk girls. I mean I'm still gonna try to kill 'em as Jason but maybe wait for the others to be dead first.

>>376662190
>>376662317
So instead of just running all day every day she's going to have to use it more wisely? I'm happy with that. I may not have interest in most of the counselors but I do hope they're all viable and can be of use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j3-Nnu7kxI
>Kane Hodder will never rough you up.
Why live?
>>
>>376664208
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWWtB-FdNJ8&t=338s

He's like 60 and I know damn well he could royally kick my ass.
>>
>>376664105
>Even part VIII
You mean even part IX

>part V has massive fan backlash because Jason turned out to be an impersonator in the last few minutes of the movie
>part IX: most of the movie is normal people doing out-of-costume Jason impressions
>>
>>376664646
I keep on forgetting about part IX
>>
Anyone know if they released game codes yet for those that bought it through their kickstarter page?
>>
>>376664208
>>376664457
Kane's head is kinda goofy looking, but he's definitely someone you should never fuck with
>>
>>376665094
They're not sending them out until release apparently.
>>
>>376665329
Alright, I can finally stop checking my email daily, thanks.
>>
>>376645269
Chad all day every day.
>>
>>376647245
The Niggress' main thing is still to keep Jason occupied while the other counselors do the objectives, if anything you should ignore them now that they're balanced since they're too dumb to do any of the objectives by themselves without alerting Jason that they're doing it. Leave them for last and they become a useless character.
>>
>>376621270
>>376621658
>>376621809
>>376621906
>>376621996
>>376622092
>>376622358
>>376622713
super obvious marketer shill
>>
>>376621906
Part 6 looks wrong to me.
>>
>>376653326
>and would be voiced by one of the original actors that played him
Oh fuck, which one is voicing him?
>>
>>376667038
Thom Mathews. From part 6. The good one.
>>
>>376621270
>I'm gonna work with Jason 7 since I dig the ripped clothes showing off his bones and such, plus machete
Hopefully he got buffed a bit. Was my favorite Jason to use but he was so underpowered in the last closed beta.
>>
File: 1420100160778.jpg (7KB, 167x251px) Image search: [Google]
1420100160778.jpg
7KB, 167x251px
>>376621996
>still has a Shift weakness
>now has a traps weakness
>no stalking as a strength
They better have buffed the ever loving SHIT out of grip strength ti give him some usefulness or else best boy will be lowest tier Jason again.
>>
>>376667767
Hopefully they find a way to make water speed a bit more useful. Isn't there supposed to be a boat escape or something in the final game?
>>
>>376668043
Yes, Jasons with water speed strengths are the only Jasons that can swim faster than the boat.
>>
>>376668107
Good to know the addition of throwing weapons and overhaul to stamina should really help out the Jason's that can't run.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (17KB, 255x352px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
17KB, 255x352px
>>376621658
>jason-2-stat-screen[1].jpg
>>376621809
>jason-stat-3-screen[1].jpg
>>376621906
>Jason-6-stat-screen[1].jpg
>>376621996
>jason-7-stat[1].jpg
>>376622092
>jason-8-stat[1].jpg
>>376622358
>jason-9-stat[1].jpg
>>376622713
>savini-jason-stats[1].jpg

nice marketing
>>
>>376666631
>>376668532
There from the official twitter

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/857341961707114498
>>
>>376667767
I managed pretty well with part 7. He wasn't as effective but counselors always managed to do something stupid like hide.

I was like a tiger stalking his meal.
>>
Who is the cutest Jason?
>>
>>376621270
>can't run
Into the trash it goes.
>>
File: image.jpg (581KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
581KB, 1920x1080px
It was funny seeing people come to hate Vanessa during the beta.
>>
>>376668992
Part 2 with the sack on, Part 3 without the mask, or Part 6 because round mask.
>>
File: 1493057305193.jpg (101KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
1493057305193.jpg
101KB, 800x582px
>"horror" game
>You get to play as the monster
For fuck's sake stop doing this
>>
>>376669772
Shut up. All I've wanted to do as a kid was be able to play as the monsters.
>>
File: KD_Manual_Jason.jpg (8KB, 159x156px) Image search: [Google]
KD_Manual_Jason.jpg
8KB, 159x156px
>>376668992
Kid Dracula Jason.
>>
>>376669853
Kids are stupid with zero understanding of what makes horror good or meaningful
>>
>No Jason X

Delete
>>
>>376669772
It's based off a horror movie. That doesn't mean it's a horror game
>>
>>376670041
>Horror needs to be super serious all the time with no variety allowed
>>
>>376670123
F13 was classified as part of the slasher genre.
>>
>>376656802
part 4 and 7
>>
>>376670239
Yeah and slashers are part of the horror genre.
>>
File: Roy_Burns.jpg (65KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Roy_Burns.jpg
65KB, 900x600px
When will they add the best Jason?
>>
>>376671243
I don't get why people like part 5 so much. The special effects were really bad and the kills were forgettable aside from the guy getting his head crushed by a belt against a tree.
>>
File: XixieIv.png (1MB, 1802x750px) Image search: [Google]
XixieIv.png
1MB, 1802x750px
Bench mark test results
>>
>>376671364
because friday the 13th is already retarded and part 5 brought it to an entirely new level that can only be beat by that guy that had a fist fight with Jason for like 4 minutes.
>>
So is jason still crazy op with how he can basically drop in out of nowhere on a player?
>>
I wish they had the budget to film in all the places they originally wanted to in New York.
>>
Choose your Jason and say why.

Jason 7, I like the look and fucking machete.
>>
>>376673139
Part 8. I love the slimy look he has.
>>
>>376667026
this was the hardest one for them to animate
>>
>>376650908
I think it was said a while back that to indicate Jason has been weakened (maybe half health) then his mask will fly off to leave his face exposed.
>>
>>376673734
I'm willing to bet it's because 6 was less muscular than Hodder.
>>
>>376671784
That does come right from the movies though. He's a lumbering slow super zombie who can still get the drop on people even after they've run a mile away. I do think he should be op, but that a team of counselors can still do well with some team work.

>>376671864
What did they film there for the game? Are they adding a city map?
>>
>>376627957
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvIs-dycgv0

>implying based Jason can't run
>>
>>376674236
He's got that weird shoulder thing going on too.
>>
>>376653326
From what I remember, his stats are all maxed to ten. So it'll take a while for your stamina to reach 0
>>
>>376669175
I read she even pissed off other counselors. Why was that?
>>
>>376671398
Why does the jock look like a transvestite?
>>
>yfw Ash DLC
>>
>>376675310
Based on a kickstarter backer. Every male except Chad is a backer.
>>
File: fucking vanessa.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
fucking vanessa.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>376675224
She's the gotta go fast character but due to bad balancing in beta she was uncatchable so she'd sandbag other teammates because most of the people that flocked to her were 4 follower twitch memers
>>
>>376675224
Because >>376675409
>>
>play as an over powered being that cannot lose or die
>thinking that's fun

The constant use of instant gratification by being able to just kill shit easily is lame and not fun.
>>
>>376675567
>cannot lose
you can lose
>cannot die
you can die
>>
>>376675567
Jason CAN die though.
>>
>>376675224
Say that you're playing another counselor that's installing the final part needed to escape by car. Out of nowhere you hear Jasons chase music play and a Vanessa player jogging. Most of the time Vanessa players will jog around you because you're slower, whoever is playing Jason will obviously go for the slower player and once they do Vanessa jogs away and returns moments later to steal your car and drive away solo.
>>
I hope this game does well. If DBD can maintain a player base this should be okay.
>>
>>376675409
What a fucking bitch. I mean maybe she didn't know the counselor was in there but god damn that'd piss me right off.

>>376676407
Ok that settles it. If Vanessa does this shit or is still balanced poorly somehow (though from this thread it seems she's been tweaked) I'm going to go after her if she pulls this sorta thing. I'll walk right by the person at the car.
>>
>>376675567
He can lose or die though. You should know what you're talking about before posting
>>
File: 1494341216983.gif (220KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
1494341216983.gif
220KB, 320x238px
>>376675567
>he doesnt know what he's talking about
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 948x531px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 948x531px
Would you have helped her, /v/?
>>
>>376675567
>be jackass retard who jumps into threads and makes baseless posts

>get told

Seems about right.
>>
>>376676885
>Vanessa
>getting caught
>ever
I would because she's clearly a new player and has no malicious intent yet and is probably trying out characters.
>>
Oh yeah, The F13 Game crew will be at the Famous Monster Convention . Sean S. Cunningham will also be a guest at the con.
>>
>>376676885
I guess it depends. If she was running around like a dumbass or trying to use others to avoid dying, no. If she was an actual friend I was playing with or was trying to be helpful over all, I might.
>>
>>376676885
Part 2 is a good looking boy.
>>
>>376621270
>They seem to want to make it an actual love letter to the films and fans, and I actually like the idea of stalking or being stalked

Doesn't exist in this game thanks to the teleport mechanic.
>>
>>376677186
Part 2 is one of the better costumes.

I think the bag is more intimidating than the hockey mask. Reminds me of the Town that Feared Sundown.
>>
>>376677479
Dreaded Sundown*

fuggg
>>
File: 1472222832159.jpg (116KB, 394x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472222832159.jpg
116KB, 394x500px
>People complaining about Vanessa when Jason has a *teleports behind you* ability that he can attack right out of.

She was the only remotely challenging character to kill in the beta, When you saw any of the other characters as Jason they were already dead unless in a group of around 5 in which case only half of them were. Hopefully that'll be fixed when stealth is buffed.

Won't deny she fucked over the other characters hard though.
>>
>>376677580
>stealth buffed
From what I've heard, it has.
>Beta
>Even the most composed characters end up shitting their pants if they stay alone in a LIT CABIN for too long
>Or seeing a single corpse turns them into a glowing red dot on Jason's super-vision
And now it's passable or something. Don't know specifics.
>>
File: elephant-man-5.jpg (101KB, 800x367px) Image search: [Google]
elephant-man-5.jpg
101KB, 800x367px
>>376677479
The sack would have worked had it not been for the fact that Elephant man was released a year prior. People mistook Jason as a sympathetic figure.
>>
>>376677580
She wasn't overpowered. She was completely broken. Literally impossible to catch without telegrabbing, which wasn't possible unless they ran in a straight line after you activate shift.

It's not hard to keep away from Jason for long periods of time as slower characters. Use barricades, traps, hide in large cabins and sneak attack Jason when he rounds corners, or pair up with another stealth character and fight him as a team when he comes, then run.
>>
>>376677993
The secret to stealth in the beta was always having the flashlight on. Even if you hugged a wall so the light from it wasn't visible your character would still get a MASSIVE reduction to fear. I could seriously hide in the woods as fucking Chad with it on while hugging a rock or cabin wall and have Jason not be able to see me with Sense and teleport away after thinking I'm not around anymore.

This was something practically nobody knew of so no wonder people thought stealth was broken.
>>
>>376678018
It's especially terrifying when you realize that the movie The Town that Dreaded Sundown was based on the real "Phantom killer" who was described as wearing a white sack with holes cut out over his head.
>>
>>376645013
I know it's been 7 hours but the pure retardation of
>F13 is a homage to F13 not every other slasher movie and this is wrong
>>
I just wonder if we're getting a Nightmare on Elm Street game if this does well enough.
>>
>>376678510
I'd rather The Thing.
>>
>>376678510
A Halloween game should happen before that.
>>
>>376678785
It would probably be the same thing as this game.
>>
File: 150850-Thing,_The_(USA)-3.jpg (69KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
150850-Thing,_The_(USA)-3.jpg
69KB, 640x908px
>>376678612

A-hem

>>376678785

Wouldn't that just be a dull rehash of FT13?
>>
>>376678510
Would be neat, but it would be a little more complicated to do something like that. A Halloween game would make more sense honestly, especially since they already have the basic gameplay model down for it with F13.

>>376678612
Would also be very interesting, but they would need to have this sell really well to work on a project like that and do it justice.
>>
>>376678785
Why? Michael is just a weaker and slower Jason. It'd be easier to make a FvJ expansion with elm street
>>
>>376678227
That sounds like total nonsense too because it wouldn't logically make a person less scared.
>>
>>376678889
I meant an asymmetrical multiplayer Thing game. It's been done as custom maps/modes for games like Warcraft, but there's no full game like it, unhindered by modding limitations.
>>
>>376637723
>Isn't one of the big problems with DBD is there's few people playing as survivors?

You need 4 survivors and 1 killer to start a game

If you play killer, you can find matches instantly
If you play survivor, you can be stuck in lobby hell

Do the math
>>
>>376678889
>Wouldn't that just be a dull rehash of FT13?

It could be released as an expansion maybe, or a less-expensive sequel. They'd have to redesign the map layouts, and probably give more in-depth designs of the indoor areas since Halloween series is a lot more "home-intruder" themed.
>>
>>376678954
That's how it worked in the beta, but because it made no sense nobody used it because nobody thought it would have any effect at all when it made all the difference in the world. I was able to hold out in a cabin practically an entire game thanks to having it on and my cabin would never light up on Jason's sense. If the cops were called that was pretty much a guaranteed escape for me thanks to it.
>>
>>376679109
Don't forget we'll also get thorn cult Micheal Myers.
Who doesn't want that?
>>
>>376678785
Dead by Daylight has what you want.
>>
>>376678785
If people from the Dead by Daylight team manage to secure Myers then hopefully he can make another appearance in Friday The 13th.
>>
>>376678459
I responded to the wrong guy oh no
>>
File: The Sacrifice.webm (3MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
The Sacrifice.webm
3MB, 420x236px
>>376632986
>Why would people not want to play as the killer?

The thrill of being chase is just as fun as chasing someone

Unfortunately, a lot of faggots on DBD have made the chase game be run around in circles in a safe spot until the killer gets mad and quits, causing the devs to do stupid bandaid solutions and unecessary survivor nerfs instead of fixing the map layout generation problems
>>
>>376678917
Michael is probably just as strong as Jason pre-hell, and if we include both after their "resurrections", they're close to each other. He's also a lot smarter too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys16MvJ2XVU
>>
File: jj jarrett.jpg (216KB, 1487x836px) Image search: [Google]
jj jarrett.jpg
216KB, 1487x836px
can i play as best girl?
>>
File: Shitting in the Woods.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Shitting in the Woods.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>376679149

Wish I had known that
>>
File: Jason it's Mommy.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Jason it's Mommy.webm
3MB, 480x270px
>>376669175

>Somone saved my screenshot

Oh man

I spent a good 5 minutes dragging her corpse to that fireplace just to get a screenshot while everyone else escaped.

>When you barter with the Jason player to spare your life if you help him catch the Vanessa

Proximity voice chat is God's gift in this game
>>
>>376680048
Vanessa is going to get nerfed, SO fucking bad.
>>
Reminder to burn Tripfags at the stake because they're too mentally deficient to read a thread before posting or to use common sense.
>>
File: 1408585902[1].jpg (96KB, 640x377px) Image search: [Google]
1408585902[1].jpg
96KB, 640x377px
>>376679517
Mm. Just thinking of an all out slasher royale. You have campers and then multiple killers from different movies. They compete to kill the most campers and be the last slasher standing by killing one another.

It'd definitely be shit but the idea of a slasher and camper teaming up and baiting other slashers to take them out seems kinda fun.
>>
>>376680331

At that point, why even have her in the game? Her gimmick is being the fast mother fucker that can get shit from point a to point b. She loses that and she's just a shit tier counselor.

Jason players can't catch her by surprise because the fucking music starts blaring the second he gets nearby. I know they added a new stalk ability, but that shit is retarded. It should be built in and the music should absolutely not kick in until after the player realizes they've been spotted.

Counselors hate her because the UI exposes every counselor's position to each other at all times. What do Vanessa players do? They run to the slower weaker players to get Jason off their backs.

Their nerfs and solutions just feel like crappy solutions to a bigger problem with her character type.
>>
>>376681003
She was literally impossible to catch without telegrabbing, which was impossible against anyone half-competent. She'll still be the hardest to catch, she'll just no longer be broken.
>>
File: tumblr_l57lxkLL6q1qa1o5zo1_1280.jpg (139KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l57lxkLL6q1qa1o5zo1_1280.jpg
139KB, 666x1000px
>>376680925

She was so cute. The only highlight of that shitty movie.
>>
>>376629728
Except those two Jasons full on sprinted.
>>
>>376677461
He does that in the movies though and depending on Jason has to wait a good bit before he can warp.
>>
>>376681649
I thought it was more of a light jog
>>
>>376681953
He escaped that cop pretty well.
>>
The beta footage looks like garbage. You might be one of those children that shriek "THEY'LL CHANGE IT IN DA FULL VERSION" but realize that this very rarely actually happens and the game will be bad.
>>
>>376682149
oh i thought you meant in the game
>>
>>376682459
They've already changed a shit-ton. The reason things rarely change from beta is that most betas are not betas at all. They happen a few weeks before release, not five months.
>>
>>376682608
I was saying it would make sense for the two living Jasons to have a run. Granted he'd be slower than the teens.
>>
File: 1431628114997.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1431628114997.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
Are asymmetric multiplayer games even fun in the first place?
>>
>>376680048
If you're the one who helped him get that Vanessa, you are a champion. Shit is funny as fuck.

>Jason seriously Vanessa was talkin shit about your mom lemme go and I'll help you get her.
Jolly good! ki ki ki ma ma ma
>>
Can you put his traps anywhere you wish? I'd like to plant one out of a window to try and flush counselors into it.
>>
>>376682976
Has to be on ground textures, so you can't put them inside a cabin or on a dock or what have you. Outside of windows should work.
>>
>>376682634
The only thing they have done is make the gap between good and bad councilors much larger then it was before.

>We nerfed this in order to balance fast characters! It also affects the slower characters in a much bigger way but they never get found anyway.

They do a terrible job of making the game look entertaining which is why they only showcase kills in the trailer.
>>
>>376683126
You're talking out your ass. I'm not even sure which nerfs you're referring to.
>>
>>376683054
Are there overhead traps? There should be, my nigga.
>>
>>376683054
Well, that makes it better to fuck with people. This is off-topic to a degree, but I always thought that people should be able to break out of hiding places to stun him for a second or get a chance to escape rather than prey he doesn't find you.
>>
how good will this game be for people who don't know anything about the movies or Jason
>>
>>376683204

>Fences
>throwing Knives
>traps
>stalk

In what instance would being slow be better in any scenario where they were a factor?
>>
File: Genuine Motherfucker.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Genuine Motherfucker.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>376682928

I was a good friend
>>
>>376683475
The change to fences is meant to prevent looping. You can still keep him off you and gain some distance with them.
Throwing knives are limited and won't be wasted on slow characters.
Traps don't really tie into the situation, same with Stalk.

Slower characters tend to be stealthier, so they'll be targeted later.
>>
>>376645394
CoD Ghosts had DLC where the Maniac perk would turn you into Michael Myers or the Predator, with their gimmicks too
>>
>>376621525
all the exclusive backer shit will be DLC by October

>>376637503
Packanack
Higgins
Crystal Lake

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the Boat from VIII and the space ship from X eventually
>>
File: laughing tennant.jpg (10KB, 300x172px) Image search: [Google]
laughing tennant.jpg
10KB, 300x172px
>>376644591
They nerfed a counselor in the Beta
>>
>>376649687
they already promised an "Early" 2017 release date
>>
>>376671364
Because you're a fucktard with the inability to know anything outside of your bubble.
>>
>>376623894
DbD is still alive and that game Amis a buggy mess
>>
>>376662610
to be fair, a big guy wearing a hockeymask does seem like a silly thing to take down
>>
>>376683581
>The change to fences is meant to prevent looping. You can still keep him off you and gain some distance with them.
You would gain much,much,much less distance when playing as a slow character in addition to all the stamina you would have to waste running around them.

>Throwing knives are limited and won't be wasted on slow characters.
You don't want to make sure the characters who make it easier to escape are killed asap. That sounds like a smart game plan.

>Traps don't really tie into the situation, same with Stalk
If a trap snags you as a slow character you are pretty much done for. I'd rather run into Jason with a fast character then a slow character if he is hiding in one of the buildings.

>Slower characters tend to be stealthier, so they'll be targeted later.
Yeah we really have command over luck to ensure they are always found later.

All of these non-answers totally changed my view on the slow useless characters.
>>
>>376684172
It made perfect sense. You have two kickstarter games, running their campaign at the same time. One of them is an official F13 game and the other is similar in concept and using a character that looks like Jason Voorhees for promotional art. Too many idiots would mix up the projects.
>>
>>376676636
they nerfed her in the beta and they said the reworked how stamina functions
>>
>>376678889
>well-aged ps2 game with horrible aiming mechanic and even worse AI

the only thing this game did right was that it was canon, proving MacReady and Childs were both human.
>>
>>376684339
They didn't rework stamina but instead nerfed Vanessa's even more so that the number doesn't correctly reflect it anymore.
>>
>>376678785
>Halloweenfag again
Fuck out of this thread already.
>>376678917
This. It would be alright to have him as another character, but the game would be the same.
>>
File: 061_bender-scarf.gif (18KB, 320x441px) Image search: [Google]
061_bender-scarf.gif
18KB, 320x441px
>>376684201
>shit player can only run Jason into his allies
>>
>>376684507
They've said they've reworked the way stamina works so that characters with high stamina regenerate at slower rates. So Vanessa will get her huge pool of stamina, but won't be able to crouch and wait for Jason to get close and then start running again with a full bar of stamina.
>>
>>376684273
the projects are already mixed up enough, there's 3 killers vs teenagers games out in the mix now

dead by daylight, Friday the 13th, and Last Year. DBD was confirmed shit, F13 has potential, as does Last Year although there's like no material out for it yet. Seems a bit much for F13 to demand some indie guy to take down a generic killer image
>>
>>376684943
That literally makes no sense. Athletic runners can run faster, longer, and more often.
>>
>>376685016
It wasn't a generic killer image. It was clearly meant to be mistaken for Jason, which is an issue when there's an actual F13 game competing on the same website for funding. Completely reasonable to demand it be taken down and replaced with something else.

The dev of Last Year then threw a shitfit, accusing them of stealing his idea and trying to outright kill his game using copyright nonsense. The reason is obvious - he's extremely envious because they got the license and he didn't. He thinks it should have been him.
>>
>>376685126
Whether it makes sense is irrelevant. If the characters with high speed and stamina and regenerate their stamina quickly, they are literally impossible to catch. If you want them to have high stamina and speed, this is the only way you can do it.

The beta fix was to simply lower Vanessa's stamina, basically removing her uniqueness. It was a band-aid fix that didn't get carried into the full game.
>>
>>376684858
I actually never played Vanessa once but its just hard to not see the huge benefits fast characters have over slow one and having your lifespan left up to luck is a retarded approach.
>>
As much as I would love to have Michael or Freddy in the game as DLCs. I kinda wish Leatherface would make an appearance. Might never happen but a map based on the mansion sounds nice.
>>
>>376685247
>Whether it makes sense is irrelevant
That isn't at all true. I understand their reasoning as she needs to be balanced, but it still doesn't make sense.
>>
>>376685126
Balance, plus athletic runners don't have to worry about a super zombie killer coming after them.
>>
>>376685480
I don't think he would constitute as the right kind of villain for this kind of game. Hearing a loud chainsaw while you're trying to get half a dozen people would be a problem.
>>376685606
I know it's balance, but I just wish they'd have a better way to do it.
>>
>>376685534
It doesn't need to make sense. All that matters is whether it is good game design, and it is unquestionably good game design for a character to not be able to infinitely outrun the killer. You may be autistic.
>>
>>376685673
>You may be autistic.
Nice buzzword, shill.
>>
a pool has more water than a bottle

but it takes longer to fill up a pool than a bottle
>>
>>376685673
>and it is unquestionably good game design for a character to not be able to infinitely outrun the killer.
Is it good game design for your survival to rely completely on RNG checks?
>>
>>376685806
It doesn't. High stealth stats aren't meant to allow you to avoid being detected when Jason is standing right outside your cabin. When they do, that's a bonus.
>>
>>376685868
You get skills or traits or whatever and in the beta when crouched with both of them on you had a 65% chance for Jason not to sense you.

If he does sense these stealth characters then what other option do they have? You can't pair up with other people because of the insta kill grab mechanic. You can't traverse the map fast enough without making lots of noise to do any objectives. You can't drag out or escape chases. You can't fight back efficiently.

Soudns like a good balance job.
>>
>>376686173
>You can't pair up with other people because of the insta kill grab mechanic.
That's precisely why you pair up. If he grabs you, your teammate hits him and you're free and he's stunned. If he's smart enough to not use the grab in this situation, then he has to fight you conventionally, and you can surround him. All it takes is one good hit and he falls over.

Also, the stealth characters make pretty much zero noise even when sprinting.
>>
>>376686321
>If he grabs you, your teammate hits him and you're free and he's stunned.
Yeah except that he can kill you the instant he picks you up. It even works against pocket knives if you spam fast enough. I won't even factor in the terrible combat system where Jason can swing like 10 times per second and stunlock you to death.

>Also, the stealth characters make pretty much zero noise even when sprinting.
Stealth only affects how far away he can sense you when sprinting. If you are within a quarter of the map he can sense you no problem.
>>
>>376686745
>Yeah except that he can kill you the instant he picks you up. It even works against pocket knives if you spam fast enough.
That was a bug. Spamming the number keys caused the kills to start before they were supposed to be available.
>I won't even factor in the terrible combat system where Jason can swing like 10 times per second and stunlock you to death.
Only a problem in 1 on 1 combat, and I hear they may have changed that.
>>
>>376686745
You understand they've changed how Sense works a bit right?

The range of detection is nerfed early game and gradually increases as the game goes on.
>>
>>376686860
>Only a problem in 1 on 1 combat, and I hear they may have changed that.
They also made councilors attack faster but have said nothing on the combat system being 100% useless and basing 2-3 characters around it. You could only strafe in combat mode and there was no lock on. Blunts objects only had a chance to stun based on luck and strength and if they didn't then you were in a shit situation. Sharp weapons are 100% useless until you do enough damage to break his mask off at which point they can finally stun him. Obviously hurting him will be a major part of killing him but when you are fighting the controls more than the other person then its time to either fix it or get rid of it altogether.
>>
File: 1418820103196.jpg (552KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
1418820103196.jpg
552KB, 1024x819px
>DbDfag is trying to shit on F13
>>
>>376687191
How does that make it any more skill based when in the beta there was 4 main areas you had to patrol and everything in between was dead ground?
Use sense in high item areas and you will kill "stealth" characters just as easy as any other.
>>
>>376687515
You activate sense. A cabin on the other side of the map lights up. Do you teleport there and deal with the player there, or do you teleport to an area that shows no counselors, and then sense on the off-chance that there may be someone there?
>>
>You activate sense. A cabin on the other side of the map lights up. Do you teleport there and deal with the player there, or do you teleport to an area that shows no counselors, and then sense on the off-chance that there may be someone there?

Is there a boombox in the cabin cluster? Is there a car parked near the cluster? Is there a phone near the cluster? Is there a powerbox near the cluster? All simple things that narrow down the chance of you legitimately wasting your time as the killer.
>>
So are stealth characters going to be useless? Was looking forward to using the two stealth girls so I'm hoping they're at least viable.
>>
>>376689050
They were the most useful characters in the beta, once they nerfed the overpowered negress. And even the negress completely relied on the stealth characters to power their method of escape.
>>
>>376689050
Aside From faggot Vanessa players luring Jason to you to save their asses, stealth was already good in the beta. If you made sure to leave everything as is and not make it obvious that you're about, Jason can easily pass you by.
>>
>>376621658
>>376621809

These two Jasons shouldn't be able to stop the car desu. Human Jason wasn't up for that level of shit. Even Part 6 Jason probably would eat it.
>>
File: Grandad Angry.png (263KB, 602x403px) Image search: [Google]
Grandad Angry.png
263KB, 602x403px
>>376689050
>Hide in the bushes as Jason passes by.
>Character fucking screams.
>>
File: thick 1.jpg (102KB, 578x818px) Image search: [Google]
thick 1.jpg
102KB, 578x818px
so dont bullshit me, is this gonna be good and have replayablity? or another streamer normie bait game?
>>
>>376689725
It's good and replayable, but will probably have a low playerbase and die after a month.
>>
>>376689725
I think it will be good, but whether it will have replayability remains to be seen.

>>376689794
DbD has survived a year while feeling like an early access game. They literally take three months to fix basic bugs. F13 isn't going to die any time soon.
>>
>>376622713
I like this new look but where's Uber Jason? I want to be a cyborg slasher in space.
>>
>>376689872
Not in the game, at least not at release.
>>
>>376689687
Stealth characters have to have at least above average composure, right? They'd be useless otherwise.

>>376689725
Would fuck her senseless.
>>
File: 1473351692334.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473351692334.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>376690005
Uber Jason skin wasn't in Mortal Kombat either so I'm really worried it'll never happen in this game.
>>
>>376689421
So would leaving the doors unlocked as a stealth character be a good idea? I mean if a Jason comes by and can just easily open the door, and not see any windows open, he may just go off to find someone else.
>>
File: Sessler cracked out.gif (3MB, 294x362px) Image search: [Google]
Sessler cracked out.gif
3MB, 294x362px
>>376621270

Didn't they hire Sessler as a consultant?

How did that turn out?
>>
>>376690314
That's only useful at the very beginning of the match. Everyone who enters a cabin and doesn't leave within 20 seconds will barricade all the doors and open all the windows, and then start exclusively using windows to enter and exit unless they've all been smashed. Because of this, Jason will, after the first five minutes or so, expect every cabin door to be locked and barricaded regardless of whether anyone is inside.
>>
>>376689829
>DbD has survived a year while feeling like an early access game. They literally take three months to fix basic bugs. F13 isn't going to die any time soon

DBD does have the benefit of being an arcade like game where matches are quick and lobby requirements are pretty small.

F13 seems like a commitment
>>
>>376690609
One game takes 5 players, the other takes 8. Not a huge difference really. You're right about the matches being shorter, but matches in F13 are only 20 minutes at most, it's still not a lengthy game.
>>
>>376689829
You know I just checked the general on /vg/ and they shit talk the devs there too. Are they really that bad?
>>
>>376690946
DbD devs are retarded and too busy trying to make the game into an E-Sport meme.
>>
>>376690946
They're some of the worst devs I've ever seen. It takes them literally months to fix horrible game breaking bugs that affect the entire playerbase, and they can't balance to save their lives.
>>
>>376690586
Sometimes you'll find a cluster of cabins that nobody spawned at or got to so all their doors are unlocked and windows closed.
>>
>>376691206
Thinking on it not locking the door is something I may give a shot. Since they're cabins it may be a viable strategy. Now if we had a map with a bunch of full fledged houses, I'd really be more inclined to lock and barricade the doors. Hope they add a map like that.
>>
>>376649687
They'll probably do some special event or add something then.
>>
>>376691974
Oh shit that'd be cool. Maybe decorate the maps with Halloween decorations or something.
>>
I'm counting the days, man, I can't fucking wait.
>>
File: C3MiiVfW8AEM_8Y.jpg (155KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C3MiiVfW8AEM_8Y.jpg
155KB, 1200x675px
Even if this game is trash at least we're going to get some top tier waifus
>>
>>376695448
Best girl.
Thread posts: 387
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.