[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't remember what /v/ said about it when it came out,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (38KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
38KB, 460x215px
I can't remember what /v/ said about it when it came out, but it's a fun little game.
Fuck you I liked it thread?
>>
>>376613930
>I can't remember
Sure thing newfag. Now fuck off
>>
The camera was so bad it made me motion sick and thus the game was unplayable.
>>
>>376613930
I've been coming to /v/ since 2008. But yes, newfag and all that. You remember every thread about every game ever posted? I didn't think so.
>>376614071
Yeah I keep having to fuck with the sensitivity to try and make it work.
>>
>>376613930
Fun game, for the first 5 hours, then it took everything i had to stay awake.
>>
>>376613930
The camera was shit and the story/setting ended up being quite bland/boring despite the interesting premise. The gameplay was pretty fun though, too bad the bland setting made the playthrough a bit depressing though.
>>
>>376614149
>I've been here since the start / early beginnings, I swear!

Sure thing newfag. Good job on replying to yourself as well.
>>
>>376614218
Thank you for that. I literally was just explaining to someone that this game makes me sleepy. I thought maybe it was the visuals and colour choices, but I play for maybe an hour then just feel absolutely wiped.
>>
>>376614272
>Xd
>>
>>376613930
The only real problem I had with it was it's difficulty curve, and by that I mean lack of any difficulty past the first 2h of the game. You could get super overpowered in no time flat and stay that way till the end of the game with minimal effort.
>>
>>376614343
We get it m'doodmeister, you browse the dank maymay generator
>>
sidequests turned into a chore, movement sucked and some of the areas were really boring, but it was a enjoyable game wouldn't replay ever though.

Might+sorcery best combo
>>
I really liked this one.

/v/ seems to be the only site that hates it though.
>>
>>376614273
Yeah, dropped it 19 hours in, even tried more builds and rushed both dlcs to see if something was salvageable but nope, still boring af
>>
>>376613930
Guilyt pleasure for me, played through it once (90 hours) and made several characters afterwards.
>>
>>376614453
Story was really great, but gameplay was dumbed down garbage which made it extremely repetitive as well
>>
>>376613930
this game was 50 hours too long

have it focus on a non-shit story and condense it into a 10-15 hour experience before you get sick of the fucking combat, lore dumps, trash quests and then you have a nice hidden arpg gem that you could look fondly back on and sometimes replay with a different build
>>
>>376613930
The combat is not some exceptional hidden gem, it's identical to any other 3rd person hack and slash. Kingdoms of Amalur succeeded in making me want to turn it off during the intro cutscenes alone, then succeeded after 20 minutes of gameplay. Low effort trash not even deserving of a garbage bin.
>>
Literally the first, and since only time, I have complained about a game feeling like a single player MMO. I always wanted one, up until I played KoA.
>>
I don't see why anyone defends this game, it's not even AA quality it feels like a stolen game engine and a shitty indie developer stealing notes from his 14 year old's doodles. This game is shit, the combat is no saving grace and the story (at least what I remember) was a joke. What a trash art style too.

Fuck this game OP, you could do better shoving your hand into a massive pile of RPG's, I guarantee you'll pull out something more worthwhile than this shit 9 times out of 10.
>>
>>376613930
Braindead single player MMO

The only thing I liked is how wolves surround you and actually work as a team to take you down

The only quest that had a few different approaches was the quest that they put to show off the game in a gameplay, then they promised how every quest was like that which was obviously a blatant lie
>>
>>376613930
/v/ hated it. The phrase "single player Wow ripoff" came up a lot even though I never found the games to be similar. In my opinion it was a fairly average RPG that had it's moments. During a steam sale you could probably get it for less than $5 which would be well worth it.
>>
I really want to like KoA, but its just so painfully generic. Its quintessentially mediocre.
>>
>>376616912
You can already get much more worthwhile games for $5, did you know there's a bunch of great shit developed between 1997 and 2005? You don't have to settle for crap games anon
>>
>>376617185
And I've probably played all of them. The game isn't really crap it's just middle of the road. I've played far worse games.
>>
>>376617402
I don't know anon, this game left a sour taste in my mouth and I can't fathom why other people would want to spend a few hours with it rather than literally anything else
>>
>>376613930
>worlds first single player mmo
its fun but gets super boring really quickly also too easy
>>
>>376613930
The combat was fun for a while playing as a rogue, but the story and quests are incredibly dull.
>>
>>376620807
My girlfriend just played through it all as a mage and she never plays mages, but she loved it. I usually go warrior, but I've been playing sneaky with daggers and bow and I'm having a blast.
>>
>>376614415
>>>https://www.reddit.com/

here you go now you can just copy and paste
>>
File: IMG_1426.gif (48KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1426.gif
48KB, 355x200px
>Signature edition for a brand new ip was $275 at launch
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.