[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Global Agenda is an online team-based game by Hi-Rez Stu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: global agenda.jpg (544KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
global agenda.jpg
544KB, 1600x1200px
>Global Agenda is an online team-based game by Hi-Rez Studios developed using Unreal Engine 3.
https://youtu.be/ESE-QzPpZ50

Was it good?
>>
File: hellno.png (32KB, 288x118px) Image search: [Google]
hellno.png
32KB, 288x118px
>>
it had this really shitty matchmaking system that would gauge you based on your personal performance in a match, regardless of if your team won or lost and then if you did TOO well then the system would begin to match you with complete fucking retards and against highly skilled groups of players in an attempt to bring you back down to earth.
>>
It wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad. It had a lot of similarities with tf2 gameplay wise, only with an mmo shell. Medic was really fun, there were heal beam guns like the tf2 medic and even a laser pistol that healed teammates and healing grenades. You could spec into poison and all of your shit would turn into poison weapons instead of healing. You could hybrid and throw a bunch of aoe mines and grenades onto a capture point and everything would heal teammates while poisoning enemies with like 4 or 5 stacking dots.

There was a lot of fun to be had but looking at it objectively it wasn't a very good game, it just managed to not be bad.
>>
>>376615226
>copy tf2 when tf2 was popular
>copy dota2 when dota2 was popular
>copy overwatch when overwatch was popular

Was Tribes the only original idea Hi-Rez ever had?
>>
>>376615226
Goddamn, poison medic with that fire and forget nanite boost heal was so fun.
>>
>>376615338
Smite is pretty original. The moba formula is it's own genre now, making a moba is not copying dota anymore than making a shooter isn't copying halo.

Also, I had way more fun with Smite than I ever did with any moba since HoN. It has a way higher skill ceiling than anything else in the genre, the laning and ganking is much more intense, the jungle is much more fluid and dynamic. The only thing it really suffers in is item builds are even more braindead than league. Every god has an objectively best item build, the only exception being the ones that can jungle have a jungle build, but even that only deviates by one item, which you sell late game anyway to replace with a standard item.

The formula they created is really fun, nothing else in the moba genre will ever top initiating a team fight with Odin or stalking runners in the jungle with Shibba's ult.
>>
>>376616938
>It has a way higher skill ceiling than anything else in the genre

Stopped reading there, closing the tab and deleting from my browser history.
>>
>>376617261
Not an argument

Which moba has a higher skill ceiling than smite?
>>
>hi rez

Avoiding that shit like the plague.
>>
>>376615338
A nostalgia cash-in was an original idea?
>>
>>376618467
Pre-fuckup Tribes was a fluke
Nothing else they have done is worthwhile
>>
>>376615517
Nanite healing was super fun for defense raids.
>>
>>376620749
I really like paladins
>>
>>376618392
probably gigantic even though its ded
>>
>>376615338
>tribes being an original idea
>i am sub 18 years old

wew (actual) lad
>>
>>376620749
Smites great though.
You just need people to play with because solo-queue like most mobas, is hell.
>>
>>376615338

>reboot of a sequel of a spinoff
>original

damn son, u b8ed me hard
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.