[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the superior tone for video games? Brown and Bloom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1494484630731.jpg (952KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494484630731.jpg
952KB, 1200x1200px
Which is the superior tone for video games? Brown and Bloom or Colorful?
>>
Brown and Bloom, Christopher Nolan style
>>
Both
Good games know how to balance atmosphere
>>
>>376611853
Depends on the game
>>
>>376611853
>not colourful with a gentle hint of bloom that helps colours blend together nicely and give a dreamlike glow to everything without looking garish
>>
>enter region
>bring horse to a full stop
>announce the name of the region
>continue on
>>
>>376614337
>Not taking a moment to admire the view
>>
>>376611853
why they made a city in the part of a mountain that wind blow against?

Look that grass, it is a desert
>>
>>376614770
It's just winter
>>
>>376611853
I don't mind brown, but fucking hate bloom. You can make your game as brown and gray as you want, but make it crisp.

Same goes for colorful.
>>
>>376611853
Depends, I generally prefer colorful but brown and bloom can be pretty immersive in a game with a dark setting and overall bleak tone. The main problem is that shooters overused brown and bloom and gave it a bad name, because fuck creativity.
>>
File: Patagonia.jpg (60KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
Patagonia.jpg
60KB, 768x512px
>>376615129
this is how the desert nears my home looks in summer
>>
>>376611853
Depends on the tone of the scene

I wish more movies and more games would play with color along with the story. Not that this is never done, but too little, esp. in games. The bottom art should be the first time you see the city in a time of peace, and the top one should be when you return in a time of strife.
>>
>>376615658
Very pretty, amigo

That's a very ominous sky
>>
>>376611853
You can make a game not colorful without using bloom
>>
>>376615820
yeah, the south is the most beautiful place in the world.

Except that part. That it is like 3/4 part of patagonia
>>
>>376611853
depends on the tone the game is going for. If it's trying to be depressing or scary, a subdued colour palette is more suitable.
>>
>>376614337
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVg5Mnj02zA
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.