[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to say /v/ I'm getting pretty optimistic about this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: The Surge.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px)
The Surge.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
I have to say /v/ I'm getting pretty optimistic about this game. I was disappointed with Lords of the Fallen, and naturally passed this off as a shitty sci-fi version of that. But with it coming out in less than a week I decided to watch some gameplay videos and it actually looks like it could be damn good. Many of the people who have played a demo say that the movement and general feel is tighter and much more responsive, some even comparing it to Bloodborne. The level design seems to be on point as well, with plenty of verticality and shortcuts and different paths that loop around. Also the mechanic of targeting and dismembering specific limbs in order to get different pieces of gear is fucking cool. My biggest concern is just that the game won't hold up. I can definitely see the quality dropping drastically as the game goes on if they don't keep up with level design and enemy variety.

Is anyone else thinking about playing it?
>>
>>376610575
>Is anyone else thinking about playing it?
No.
>>
I'll get it unless the reviews are bad.
>>
I'd get it if i could play as a dismembering qt waifu
>>
>>376610947
I can't really argue with you but I do think it's kind of a shame. Unless the game goes to shit after the first boss I can see it being a sleeper hit of 2017.
>>
>>376611071
I'm no waifufag but I do think they kind of fucked up by not having any kind of character creation. Hopefully they'll justify it by actually giving the MC a good story.
>>
>>376610575 (OP)
>Is anyone else thinking about playing it?
yes, bought it this morning with vanquish
>>
Really hoping this is gud.

But looking at the devs track record does not instill a great sense of confidence in the quality of this game.

But still, please let it be good.
>>
Premise is cool, ideas are cool.

I'm assuming the execution will be heavily flawed, if it isn't I'll buy it for like $30 when it goes on sale or something.
>>
File: surge.png (122KB, 1378x828px) Image search: [Google]
surge.png
122KB, 1378x828px
just to piss Soulsfags off
>>
>>376610575
Game looks like shit.
>>
does it have denuvo
>>
>>376614245

Well congratulations, you bought a bad game

now what's the next step in your master plan?
>>
>>376614814
having fun with it lmao
>>
The devs have no idea how to actually make a Souls game . It's like they lurked /v/ saw all the moronic ideas for a sci-fi Souls and threw it into a game.

5 dollar bargain bin pick up at best.
>>
>>376614410
Pretty sure no.
>>
Gameplay still looks slow and clunky
No thanks
>>
nice try shill, but this game looks ass.
it's the antithesis of fluid
>>
>>376610575
I fully expect the flow and pacing to be fucked and everything to be very easy compared to Souls games, which are already not hard.

But, design wise it's looking better now than when it was first revealed, so that might carry the game for me.
>>
>hit something
>no visual response from the target, only damage numbers
Same shit as in LotF.
Won't even pirate.
>>
E3 is just around the corner. I'll see what From has in store for us.
>>
>>376616265
>look up gameplay trailer
>enemies clearly stagger when hit sometimes

Are you blind or retarded?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.