[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saw this at 11/05/2017 >when will the current parasitic generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Saw this at 11/05/2017

>when will the current parasitic generation of video game journalism die?

How do you decide what games to buy and what not to /v/?
>>
>>376602992
>How do you decide what games to buy and what not to /v/?
Yohoho, and doubloons only for the worthy.
>>
If it just came out and is full price. I dont buy it.
There is no reason to buy a game for full price when the same game, usually with all the DLC, will be $10 or so in a matter of months.

The only exception is if its a multiplayer game and your friends are getting it.
When it does meet those criteria I base my purchase on gameplay videos and my general knowledge from past games that were similar.
If somehow that fails me and the game was still shit, oh well refund it. Failing that I only lost $10 and not $60.

All of that of course assumes I dont pirate it.
>>
>>376603528
this except I just rent it, DLC is never worthwhile enough to bother waiting for a game, and in fact sometimes makes the experience worse actively by throwing better gear and loot at you. Spent $3, beat prey, turned it back in to redbox, no problems. It wasn't that great anyway. Maybe in like 3 or 4 months i'll rent it again to try a different playthrough style but probably not.
>>
>>376603653
I'm not familiar with redbox myself, only heard about it. I imagine they dont have PC games in there. Either way it would be easier to pirate it.

The DLC was just an extra. The wait is because most games are no longer worth $60 in my opinion. Plus if the game has some launch disaster you avoid it and have the patched version ready to go.
>>
>>376602992
The problem is that the IGN review says it's a good game but because the reviewer had issues that caused his save file to become corrupt he gave it the 4/10.
>>
>>376603827
yeah, no pc stuff in there, naturally. that's pretty much the main detriment to PC gaming for me personally, no rentals. I haven't bought a AAA title, or even considered buying one, on PC, in a few years now. Redbox gets pretty much every AAA release for both ps4 and xbone day 1. They even got hitman recently, and they have dark souls and all those awful but still guilty pleasure ubisoft games.

$3 a day, sometimes less if you have a coupon. It's worth it. Not sure if they exist outside of the states though.
>>
>>376602992
I pirate them
>>
>dude bioshock in space lmao

Prey deserves to fail. Bethesda did all they could within their power to fuck over the original devs for Prey 2 so they could rebrand it as nuSystem Shock. Serves them right.
>>
>>376603887
I dont think AAA is worth a buy on any platform nowadays but $3 to find out yourself isnt that big a deal for sure.
igg games is a great rental place for PC
>>
>>376602992
Luckily Prey had a demo so I knew what to expect going in.

Overall, I dunno, look up gameplay on youtube? Most games are sequels these days anyway so I already know what to expect.
>>
>IGN reviewing like a steam review

Surely they should make it known but not just flat out call it shit because of a bug on their system
>>
>>376602992
>when will the current parasitic generation of video game journalism die?
Literally never. Your best bet is to try to find a few reviewers whose opinion you agree with (and I mean individual writers, not sites as a whole), and try to follow them.

Beyond that, watch other people play segments via YT or Twitch/other game stream sites. If you can't find any reviewers you agree with (or don't want to) this is one of the only other legitimate routes to go. The only other legal road would be to buy it, and refund it under the time limit if you end up not liking it.

If none of those sound appealing you could pirate, and buy it if you like it.
>>
Justifying a Game Breaking Bug that happened 3 times despite assistance from the publisher themselves is completely inexcusable.

The apologist excuses I've seen on here from Bethesda fanboys are downright pathetic.
>>

Whether or not they were made by Atlus or Falcom
>>
>>376606275
How about the fact the bug is already fixed, was fixed before the review went up, and retroactively fixes older saves?
>>
>>376602992
you compare it to comparable games and games that came before it
>>
>>376602992
the 4/10 is for the PC version of Prey because the Console version is really bad while the PC version is amazing, this is purely a political move because IGN are in bed with Sony/Microsoft
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.