[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this worth $30? i'm thinking about buying it with WoW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: 1480755811543.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480755811543.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
is this worth $30? i'm thinking about buying it with WoW tokens

i'm also a top HC path of exile player so i know what a real arpg is like
>>
You won't like it, just keep playing PoE.

Or alternatively you can play this and then like PoE even more.
>>
>>376602274
it's worth it, infinitely better than it was at release.
don't expect the depth of PoE, but also don't expect the horrific garbage clunky combat of PoE.
>>
how are you a poe player yet never researched d3 in any way
you should know its shit
>wow player
oh
>>
>>376602274
It's a lot more fun than PoE
Jump into it, blizzard fixed all issues pretty much
>>
>>376602274
Diablo 3 + RoS feels real tight in what it does well, primarily that moment-to-moment which is vital in a hack & slash game, but you have to decide whether its structure and progression suits you. There's a free trial you can check out before committing.
>>
>>376602274
just buy Nioh if you want a good arpg.
>>
it's shit. they dropped the ball big time.
no fucking way is it worth $30USD.
spend that on the game you already enjoy.
>>
>>376602274
I like it in the way youi like a crap tv show. It's not very complex, but gameplay is a lot smoother than PoE and it feels a lot more satisfying to decimate mobs with insane damage numbers.
Also, the season journeys add a lot.
>>
>>376602274
I'v sunk about 4k hours in PoE before trying d3. Cloaked in about 200h into that and i can tell you that once you hit 100h you have experienced everything d3 has to give. It's not worth it imho.
>>
>>376602758
>>376602968
t. people so jaded at launch that they never bothered to check if the game was still shit
i know, i know, they hurt you. jay wilson hurt you. but he's gone now, and they put legitimate effort into cleaning up his mess.
>>
>>376602274
is it $30 for the game and expansion?

If so, yeah its worth it. I got about 800 hours into the game.
>>
>>376602274
poe is a much better game
>>
>>376603141
nah nothing like that.
i exploited the RMAH like a mad man across multiple accounts. made a load of cash. quite a few people did. multiboxing was fun. I even had accounts that survived "2 beez"

all that aside, the game is a poo. devs have/had no clue how to handle weapon/gear/etc etc. in fact i think they just added ancient, ancient gear
or some such garbage lol
>>
>>376602379
This. Don't do D3 man. This is coming from a (former) rank 9 HC wizard on one of the older season ladders. I tried so hard to enjoy D3, and it's just bad. Stick with PoE, it's a great game.
>>
diablo 3 is garbage. you'll be bored of ros within a few months

grim dawn is boring cuz i beat the shit out of it

path of exile is so ugly i refuse to play it, though it was good in the beta.
>>
>>376603197
if only they didn't build it on the fucking horrible engine with terrible animations and shit combat
d3 combat with PoE everything else would be perfect
>>
>>376602274
When does PoE get fun? Tried a few times but had something come up after a few hours in
>>
File: 1469685280852.jpg (41KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1469685280852.jpg
41KB, 500x371px
As someone who has played every popular ARPG, yeah, I can recommend it

It has actually become slower-paced than PoE which is insane because if I told you 3 years ago that D3 would eventually becomes SLOWER than PoE you would have said I was insane.

It lacks the "depth" of PoE builds but even that is slowly becoming more shallow with every patch Grinding Nigger Games shits out, and 3.0 is such a volatile patch we have no idea where its gonna go.

Don't expect it to be overly complex or have tons of shit to do at the end game though. For the most part, you're running rifts and finding some stupid build to do with ancient items instead of sets.

>>376603521
>PoE is a great game

t.someone who has never played PoE for an extended amount of time or gotten to end game.
>>
>>376602274
D3+RoS is a great experience to some and terrible to others. It's definitely divided. It's worth trying it out to see what you think.

My personal opinion is that it's an excellent game and certainly worth 30 bucks. I have at least 600 hours in it, and am just now starting to get tired of it.

Don't listen to /v/ regarding it though, this game attracts trolling faggots harder than any game I've ever seen.

>inb4 trolling faggot
>>
>bought it at launch
>hated the game
>fast forward to this year
>try out season 9 for shits (never did seasonal ladder before)
>am I...having fun?
>play s10
>have even more fun

I don't regret buying this game anymore. Seasonal journeys are a blast. Getting the right gear and using different builds is pretty enthralling. I'm sure it'll all get old once you've tried everything, but there's a lot to try as far as characters and builds, so I think it's worth it.
>>
It's not fucking worth 30 dollars.
Is it not available for 5 bucks somewhere?
>>
>>376603541
>you'll be bored of ros within a few months
Up to 30 dollars for months of entertainment is garbage?

By Bobby Kotick's standards, that's at least $4,200 worth of entertainment, given the expected amount of play hours during those months, and comparison to the price of a cinema ticket for a 90 mins movie.

And I say at least, because video games are more engaging so their entertainment level is higher than movies.
>>
>>376603847
used to be able to pick it up on the cheap, i haven't looked at prices for a few years lol.

i remember that dude who ate a booger and that other dude who was claiming he was disabled and in a wheelchair, whom stood up and walked away mid stream. ahhh the fun times and drama.
>>
>>376602274
It's actually better on PS4 than PC. Feels much better to play with a controller. I know that's blasphemy, but it's true.
>>
Don't expect to do anything other than what everyone else is doing for the season--which I suppose is no different than PoE itself. There's virtually no creativity as far as making off the wall unconventional builds but the game itself is 10x more polished and FUN than PoE ever will be. I've put several thousand hours into PoE and the magic is gone, so maybe I'm just jaded.
>>
>>376604225
This
>>
>>376602274
No.
>>
what the fuck
why is everyone saying "it's good now with RoS"
I know that was the flavour of the month shitposting with d3, but I can't believe people are believing that
I mean, the game is still fucking bad, nothing is fixed.
just tell me what is "fixed and now is good" with the fucking game
the game still has shit story, shit item mechanics, shit difficulty, cartoon graphics for a diablo game, etc
>>
>>376604228
>--
>em dash with two hyphens
Are we—seriously—listening to this man?
>>
>tfw playing Marauder set DH
Arrows, arrows and rockets everywhere!
>>
>>376604491
nothing can fix the story, but who cares, it's a game about killing monsters and nobody even plays the story anymore.

item mechanics are WAY better, legendaries exist and have interesting powers, they change your build when you pick them up while leveling and it's fun to think about how powers can interact with your skills.

none of these games are difficult, at all. it's fucking numbers dude.

cartoon graphics? it's a different art style, you might not like it, but that doesn't mean others wont, and it isn't "cartoon", do you think DOOM 2016 is "cartoon" as well? because the demons and hell have a very d3 art style.

there's just way more to the game now, adventure mode as a ton of shit going on to make it more fun, new goblin types, more rewarding caches, and rifts are just as fun as ever.

it's a game designed to be played in bursts of about 2-3 weeks now, which is where seasons come in.
>>
>>376604225
only problem is that blizzard doesnt update the console versions that often. I think it has something to do with Sony and Microsoft, but my friend had to buy the pc version because he waited a year without seasons.
>>
>nothing can fix the story, but who cares, it's a game about killing monsters and nobody even plays the story anymore.
a lot of people see the story as something important, but I agree that it's not gamebreaking

>item mechanics are WAY better, legendaries exist and have interesting powers, they change your build when you pick them up while leveling and it's fun to think about how powers can interact with your skills.
item mechanics are fucking shit
it's "grab the item with the highest number lmao" like using a two handed axe with a mage because it gives more spell damage, and stats like crit and crit damage%, just like in my favourite wow game
Throwing legendaries every fucking step at your face is something that makes the game too fucking easy and uninteresting, it loses the magic of finding an unique item because you're finding a million per minute.

>none of these games are difficult, at all. it's fucking numbers dude.
a lot of people had trouble with andariel, duriel or some shit in act3 in diablo2 when starting
even my most casual friends told me d3 is too easy.

>cartoon graphics? it's a different art style, you might not like it, but that doesn't mean others wont, and it isn't "cartoon", do you think DOOM 2016 is "cartoon" as well? because the demons and hell have a very d3 art style.
it feels really cartoonish, and it wouldn't be a bad thing because I liked torchlight2 and this one is really cartoonish, but diablo3 lost his dark feeling with those smooth and light graphics.
There are mods that try to fix them but I don't know if you can get banned using that.
Also some anon posted a colour comparison between the two games, can't find it but showed why it's so different (something about colour schemes and contrast)

1/2
>>
>>376604825
>>376605341
>there's just way more to the game now, adventure mode as a ton of shit going on to make it more fun, new goblin types, more rewarding caches, and rifts are just as fun as ever.
I'd really like this if the game wasn't that easy and your character and equipment felt like any other way, like in d2

it's good trying different things to a new game, but holy shit don't completely ruin it

also seasons are a fucking abomination
>create a character and start again from 0 every few weeks
holy shit
>>
>>376604840
The updates roll out at the same time across PC and console (PS4/Bone), it's just that the season framework (as in, just the leaderboards - all the other special seasonal crap like new items and updates were there all the time) wasn't in consoles until this most recent patch.

I haven't checked to see how they've managed to keep hackers out of the console leaderboards, but it wasn't infested with them in the first week so maybe they figured something out somehow. I don't know.

I personally think the season concept is retarded anyway. Just play HC or delete your old save data if you want to start over so badly.
>>
>>376605459
>likes the genre
>gets attached to characters even though ladders have been a thing since d2

???
just play on nonseason if you're that opposed to it
>>
>>376606029
the seasons were a lot longer in d2
also I'm not that attached to characters, but people are constantly saying "dude legendaries give a new whole sense to the game lmao"
and turns out new legendaries are in seasons, wow
>>
>>376602274
Really good if you play on PS4 with someone else. On PeeCee not so much.
>>
>>376606112
you're supposed to play on season and experience the new shit until you get bored, which is usually 3-4 weeks, the seasons go on for longer than that don't they?

i'm not actually sure, since ive never played for a whole season and then the next one.
i find it more fun to play on HC until i die, though
>>
>>376602274

its kind of the opposite of PoE imo,

in that diablo 3 wants you to do its adventure mode, and in PoE you level up by doing the story in acts over and over, this is what diablo 3 started with when it came out, now you can just jump into rifts (maps) at level 1 onward to level.

the story mode is worth a straight on play through at least once its pretty good. the expansion adds act 5.

in diablo 3 all of your skills have variations with different effects and element types, and you just choose ur passive abilities in the skills menu loadout instead of messing with gems. I do like the gem system in PoE, but the diablo 3 skills system is just so much easier to swap and switch things on the fly and experiment easily.

then the end game meta for diablo 3 as it stands now is based around builds usually involving set gear for most classes. greater rifts are the dungeons that go past the usual difficulty cap and are kind of the dick measuring contest for skill and difficulty, and Rng to some extent.

lastly i find diablo 3 alot easier to play with other people, PoE definitely has some multiplayer aspects in end game maps and such, but they're very specific and take alot of time and effort to get there.

in diablo 3 you can just join anyones group and get carried by more powerful players than you and both benefit from a run of just hanging out and stuff. theres also end game group meta for diablo 3 involving supports and team comps, but at least diablo 3 has more options and its easier to get to.

i unno if it will go on sale for any cheaper any time soon, but i think my friend got diablo 3 for like 15 bucks on sale last holidays, played atleast 30 hours with me before going back to poe.
>>
>>376606546
but what's new in each season? usually too little to find it profitable to start a season
and good luck finding those few new items
>>
>>376607039
you'll always find shit you haven't found before due to the sheer size of the pool now.

also if you pick a different class every season you play, you will always have a fresh experience because they change skills/runes a lot, even replace old ones with completely new ones, sometimes.

i just treat it as a pseudo roguelike, i start a new HC seasonal character every time i play, use what i get, quit when i die/get bored. it's a great filler game in that way.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.