[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After years of people shitposting for New Vegas, I finally gave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 431
Thread images: 57

File: 61121-0-1450154650.jpg (625KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
61121-0-1450154650.jpg
625KB, 2560x1600px
After years of people shitposting for New Vegas, I finally gave it a shot.
>go through generic as hell starting area called Goodville or something else starter towny named
>decide I want to go to New Vegas and head overland
>get gibbed by giant bugs
>can't be too upset, the villagers in Goodtown warned me about killer bugs up there
>head up the road toward New Vegas instead
>get warned by some new people about Deathclaws on the road
>for fuck's sakes
>spot them a mile away, try and stealth past
>they aggro anyhow and kill me
>remember a stealthboy I got from Pleasant Springs
>try using that and stealth past
>the fuck? stealthboys give +100 stealth. google this shit
>apparently Deathclaws have maximum perception and can spot people even at a distance with stealthboys up
>quit trying to rail against the invisible walls of the game and start heading south

Does the game ever open up, or am I forced to play on linear rails the entire damn game?
>>
File: red forman.jpg (31KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
red forman.jpg
31KB, 625x415px
>>376594646
>>
>>376594743
So just linear rails? Gotcha. Y'know as much shit as people talk about Fallout 4, I can basically go anywhere I want out the gate in that game.
>>
>I am pissed that I can't do everything in the game at level one
>>>/fallout4/
>>
File: pioneer-saloon.jpg (44KB, 550x311px) Image search: [Google]
pioneer-saloon.jpg
44KB, 550x311px
Goodsprings is a real place you fucking asshole.
>>
>>376594846
>can't do everything in the game
aka
>can't go in any direction at all except the one the game forces you to
>>
>>376594646
I was a console peasant with no knowledge of the series and I still managed to slide past the deathclaws (with no stealth boy)

Get good

But also the game is set up in a way to introduce you to major characters and factions on your way to vegas so following the path is a good idea too
>>
>>376594842
jokes on you for getting a game and playing it solely to come here and rant about it. Games are for people that want to enjoy them, get the fuck out of here pleb
>>
>>376594646
lmao

this is why NV is great,it eats dumb faggots alive
>>
>>376594939
>haha look at this sucker willing to try new things!
Yeah, you sure got me.
>>
>>376594842
Why is "going wherever I want" suddenly the metric for what makes a game good or bad? Do you really get distracted that easily?
>>
>>376594998
>why is 'going wherever I want' suddenly the metric for what makes a SANDBOX game good or bad?
Suddenly?
>>
>>376594982
from your first post it seems like you played exactly 20 minutes, died a lot and then decided to toss it and rant on /v/ because you don't understand the basics of storytelling. sounds like a pleb to me alright
>>
>>376594646
Yes the game opens up massively when you reach a certain point in the main quest.
>>
>>376594646
Game opens up the second you're good enough not to get your shit wrecked by random encounters.
>>
>>376594646
>Anon tries to run to Vegas early on
>Against all warning, anon goes down the two paths infested with high level shit

Try taking a detour, getting better equipment, or doing literally anything else than going dick first into danger moron.
>>
>>376595056
It is not a sandbox game jesus christ, you had the wrong expectations for this game clearly.
>>
>>376595056
Sandbox? Like, Minecraft?
>>
>>376595056
New Vegas is an rpg. It has sandbox elements, but it's Not purely a sandbox game. Where do you get that from?

Besides, you didn't even bother to finish the opening
>>
>>376595059
Bit closer to an hour. Explored all the homes, made sure I did all the quests. Also restarted a couple of times to fiddle with skills to try and get the most out of the starting area. Honestly, despite the nerdrage posters here are coming at me with, I do like the game so far. I'm just disappointed it's turning out to be so damn linear. I really just wanted to see the sights of New Vegas since it's in the game's actual damn title. Like if it was called Fallout 2: Junktown, or Fallout 4: Diamond City.
>>
>>376595056
open world =/= sandbox
>>
File: 1360762708078.jpg (153KB, 436x833px) Image search: [Google]
1360762708078.jpg
153KB, 436x833px
>>376594646
>they aggro somehow
>a beast bred to hunt and kill prey with heightened senses SOMEHOW spots an untrained low level character
you can still sneak past though by the mountains. invisible walls my ass, stop being shit at videogames
>>
>post apocalyptic death wasteland full of horrible monstrosities

>waaah why can I only take the safe roadways without dying boohooo

>I would rather have every area be full of ghouls that scale to my level
>>
Game's not gonna handhold you.

Open world freedom carries the weight of knowing what you can and cannot do at any given moment/level. You're not going to stealth past Deathclaws just like that at level 1.

There's a reason the starting quests point you in a general direction.
>>
File: Cazadores_tribal_village.jpg (433KB, 1120x840px) Image search: [Google]
Cazadores_tribal_village.jpg
433KB, 1120x840px
>>376594646
It opens up once you get strong enough to kill Death claws.
Or find a mini nukes.

Unlike FO3 new Vegas forces you to use OP weapons that have limited ammo if you want to get past the hardest encounters.

Unlike 3 ond 4 ware you never even have to touch a nuke loucnher the entire game.
>>
>>376595167
You have to look at it from the ingame perspective. The people tell you where you should go in order to get an advantage. Exploring is good of course, and you have a lot of opportunity to do it while you are on the road to NV

The way there is part of the adventure.
>>
>>376595121
>>376595132
>>376595161
So we're acknowledging that it's a linear game with a linear story you have to follow as opposed to the open-ended nature of every other title. Gotcha.
>>
>>376595167
>I really just wanted to see the sights of New Vegas since it's in the game's actual damn title
The first chunk of the game is the journey too New Vegas. Many people can spend double-digits of hours not even reaching it and just fucking around with the rest of the game.
>>
You can sneak past the deathclaws, you have to hug the wall and stay as far as possible from them. Stealthboy before you even get [CAUTION], they will come to you if you have caution, you have to remain hidden at all times.

All enemies also have hidden ranges they will chase you to, they can't follow you if you go far enough so if you do get caught out just fucking rush and abuse jumping up things to beat their dumb ai
>>
>>376594646
>Complains Goodsprings is startertown named.

It's an actual place you tremendous faglord.
>>
>>376595167
If you've played Fallout 2, you know how once youre done in Arroyo, Klamath and the Den in a fairly a linear sequence and you finally reach Vault City and the game starts to spill open and you have loads of freedom? Yeah it's like that but when you reach the New Vegas strip basically.

The game stops being linear once you're out of the early game and in fact becomes highly choice and concequence dependent
>>
>>376595297
>every other title

No, maybe just fallout 3 and 4 are like that. If you travel into dangerous areas in 1&2 you will get fucked
>>
Remember that time the enclave wiped out the only friendly and intelligent deathclaws that have ever existed?

GOOD TIMES
>>
>>376595297
Anon you were warned that there was scary shit out there. You have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>376595297
Have you ever tried walking in random direction in Fallout 1 or 2?
>>
>>376595167
Hint: getting to New Vegas is a big part of the game. Working for it makes it worth it.

Hint 2: even if you make it there, good luck getting in without doing some stuff first.

Hint 3: there's a reason you were shot in the head in the beginning.
>>
>>376595417
Good riddance, mutant scum can't be trusted
>>
>>376595274
>Unlike FO3 new Vegas forces you to use OP weapons that have limited ammo if you want to get past the hardest encounters.
How to tell someone is shit at games the post. If you can't kill deathclaws with a hunting rifle at the end of the game, you're beyond shit.
>>
Is shitting one FNV the new meme on neo/v/?
>>
>>376595167
It's less linear than keeping you stuck in a goddamn vault for an entire tutorial with jack shit to do but the main quest.
>>
OP we could spoiler you like shit and tell you that the game is not linear at all. But we won't. Because you seem to be unwilling to accept any other view than yours anyways.
>>
>playing final fantasy game
>acquire boat/ship
>fly/sail to random island on other side of the map
>get raped by enemies 20 levels higher
fucking shit game has no freedom
>>
>>376595460
Yeah because the Enclave killed the trustworthy ones.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>376595437
Yes. Pretty frequently. Largely because I didn't quite understand the AI at first and how the maps worked.

Again, I don't mind that New Vegas is linear. But really in 1, 2, 3 and 4 you're given your task - get a water chip, find your father/kid, etc and then the world opens up and you can go anywhere.

This is the first time in a Fallout game where I was forced into literally one single direction along with the plot. Sure, some of the titles have a general plotline you kind of have to follow like >>376595392 said, but by and large, the whole world is open.

New Vegas is basically just head south.
>>
File: 2017-05-11.png (62KB, 314x146px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-11.png
62KB, 314x146px
I'm not sure even you know what you're talking about. Just play the game. You're arguing with people who have hundreds of hours (my case only a bit over 100, but I'm getting that itch now) of gameplay while you're still at the start.

Hope you continue to enjoy it and see what it can do once you're out and about.
>>
>>376595297
>THIS GAME MADE ME LEAVE MY COMFORT ZONE SO IT'S BAD

jesus christ just kys
>>
>>376595510
Yea yea and new Vegas forced you to talk to fucking Doctor Phil before you could leave his house. Same shit.
>>
>>376595559
OP please play on and make another thread later when you reach THAT point of the game and APOLOGIZE
>>
>>376595581
>acknowledging the game is linear must make it bad!
Which're you, underaged or deep autism spectrum?
>>
>>376595559
New Vegas is "track down the man who shot you in the head and retrieve your courier package"
>>
>>376595590
5 minutes rather than a long winded shit quest with your dad. Try harder.
>>
>>376595460
>Friendly deathclaws
>Save people's lives
>Protect a vault with doctors and regular people in
>Learn english to talk to people
>Only eat brahmin for food and steal the brahmin from a rich brahmin baron who can afford to lose one or two

The Vault 13 deathclaws are the nicest people in the game by far
>>
>WHAT IS THE HERESY?! A PERSON HAS A PREFERENCE FOR HEAVILY SANDBOX-TYPE GAMES AND IS DISAPPOINTED? I MUST TELL HIM WHY HE IS WRONG TO HAVE THAT OPINION
>>
>>376595559
>But really in 1, 2 ... you're given your task - get a water chip, find your father/kid, etc and then the world opens up
So, what's your plan for fighting Enclave patrols as a level 2 Chosen One character? Scratch that, a party of giant radscorps?
>>
>>376595627
Oh, I'm definitely playing on. The Survival mode is an unbelievable amount of fun so far and even though I'm only at Primm, the story and characters are great. But I do definitely feel like I'm being shoved in a single direction while I play.

Of course, acknowledging that seems to have brought out the defensive autistic fury of the game's fans, so...
>>
>>376595629
Whose side do you think I'm on?
>>
>>376595629
But it's not linear. You just have to avoid the dangerous wildlife.

The only difference between this or fallout 3/4 is enemies don't scale to your level to make it baby easy mode everywhere.
>>
File: in the town of agua fria.png (108KB, 966x268px) Image search: [Google]
in the town of agua fria.png
108KB, 966x268px
>>376595694
yes, some opinions are objectively wrong
>>
>>376595737
NV was my first fallout game, and I didnt know what to do at all, didnt understand anything. So I followed the advice and went to Primm. From there, you can go pretty much everywhere in the west of the map, you dont HAVE to follow the directions.
>>
>>376595718
Run? Stealth if I'm built for it?
>>
So to summarize the thread so far, OP didn't realize that his actions had consequences.

Is this right?
>>
Post your song

"In the town of our freedom rode a ranger one july day.."
>>
>>376595694
Maybe he should stop saying it's a linear game when it's demonstratably not. Not even more than other entries in the series.

You can dislike it all you want, but if you say something incorrect, I can say you're wrong.
>>
Holy hell I love New Vegas but these shills are hilarious.

Thanks OP. Every Fanbase needs a good triggering every now and then
>>
>>376595839
Where did you get that? In his first post he doesn't rage about the bugs or deathclaws and acknowledges that he was forewarned about both of them and went anyhow. The gripe seems more like that there's no avenue to explore beyond the prescribed path of the game. And he's not really wrong in that regard. Game doesn't open up for awhile.
>>
>>376595834
Running from Enclave patrols doesn't work until you have the means of tanking a bunch of plasma/pulse/gauss shots.
>>
File: 1485290496533.png (4KB, 324x271px) Image search: [Google]
1485290496533.png
4KB, 324x271px
After months of people shitposting about BoTW, I finally gave it a shot

>Play Breath of the Wild
>Decide I want to go to that big cloud thing
>Get assraped by giant boss
>Have to go to the rail dungeons instead or else I will die

Does this game ever let me beat the endgame enemies on level 1 when I know nothing about it, or will I have to first learn about the fucking game to be able to take alternative routes?
>>
>>376595839
OP didn't realize that most RPGS have paths dictated to the player by the strength of the enemies.
>>
>>376595559
you can head north through i15 if you stick close to black mountain and are careful or if you stick to the western border
or you can go south and then as soon as you get past nipton you can do whatever the fuck you want
the game points you in a specific direction because it's a story-based rpg and you're a character with a well-defined objective set in place from the opening cinematic, but you have a ton of leeway with how you approach the game even from the very start
>>
OP: serious question for you here

How is having dangerous deadly areas in a nuclear apocalypse wasteland a bad thing?

Fo3 doesn't really have much like this, and fallout 4 does but only just barely. It seems to me that you would prefer if the deathclaws, scorpions, or cazadors were replaced by some easier enemies?
>>
>>376596003
Not Fallout games really though. If you're even mildly competent, you can clear the Radscorpion nest right out the gates in Fallout 1. Expecting FNV to play like the other Fallout games isn't unreasonable, despite what the shills in this thread say.
>>
>>376594646
Congratulations, you played the game for like 30 minutes before you gave up.
>>
>>376594982
People absolutely hated Fallout 3 because after a certain level you could basically play the entire game with no challenge, blindfolded.
They hand it off to Obsidian for New Vegas and ex-Black Isle team guys make the game right.
This faggot comes on here and bashes it because he can't get to New Vegas at Level 1...
>>
>>376595932
From the whole "linear" thing.

If you're ballsy enough you can make it through just about anywhere and pick up plot points as you go along. How much or little you want to explore is entirely dependent on how brave you're feeling (in regards to all the deadly shit standing in your way).
>>
>>376596076
>Not Fallout games really though.

>play fallout 1
>go left instead of right
>get ass raped by supermutants with miniguns

>play fallout 2
>go left instead of right
>get ass raped by enclave with energy weapons
>>
>>376596130
Fallout 3, you can get to megaton easily. Fallout 4 you can go to diamond city pretty quick as well.

Somehow explain to me that wanting to go to the main area and NAME OF THE FUCKING GAME on the box is such a bad thing??!
>>
>>376596237
New Vegas is much more important story wise than Megaton or Diamond City.

Hence why it's in the name.
>>
>>376596075
Poster: serious response to your questions here.

>How is having dangerous deadly areas in a nuclear apocalypse wasteland a bad thing?
Never said it was. I didn't complain that the Cazadores or Deathclaws were there. My gripe was that they blocked off the entire top half of the map. Although posters seem to suggest that by exploiting some wall jumping or other unintuitive gameplay that it's possible to bypass. I might've figured it out eventually, but I'm still barely an hour into the game. Basically the issue was what this guy said: >>376595932

Finding dangerous pockets are fine. Good, even. Finding the entirety of the map except the one direction the game wants me to go is instakill? Less good.

>Fo3 doesn't really have much like this, and fallout 4 does but only just barely. It seems to me that you would prefer if the deathclaws, scorpions, or cazadors were replaced by some easier enemies?
No. I don't have a strong preference with level scaling or monster scaling. You adapt to the game's system you're playing. NV doesn't scale and that's perfectly fine with me.

That answer your questions adequately?
>>
>>376595932
Except he's complaining about the game giving a general direction, and calling it liner because he doesn't know how to get past the deathclaws. That like complaining about being pointed to go to DC for the main quest in FO3, but you don't have to, because you can go straight to the vault your dad is in and complete the main quest that way, but because you didn't know about that, the game is linear.
>>
>>376596237
It'a not. It's just that you thought it'd be easy.
>>
>>376596237
how are you comparing vegas to megaton
megaton's a tiny shithole that's meant to be the first place you go
reaching vegas is the sole goal of the first act of the game and the culmination of that part of the storyline
>zelda's name is on the box, why do you have to do all those dungeons and beat ganon to meet her?
>>
>>376596161
I don't think ballsiness is accurate. OP was ballsy enough to try going north twice despite being warned. I think the correct term is "autistic stubborness." How many times are you willing to die and reload before you brute force your way through? Or cheat and look it up online?
>>
>>376596301
you can bypass it pretty easily if you know where. Without doing some cheaty shit. You just run a lot and when you are there you are fucked as a level 1 character if you don't make it to NV and progress the story asap. So idk what you want from the game
>>
>>376596301
If you can still travel in whatever directions you want, then what's the point of having dangerous areas?

Because then you can always just go around them...
>>
>>376594857
Does it have blonde whores hanging around in real life too?
>>
>>376594842
They offer freedom in different ways, 4 lets you go through the whole map right from the start but NV is far more open ended in its quests.

To answer your original question the game points you through a loop around to the actual city of New Vegas during the first act but after that you're free to go wherever, although it is possible to sneak through the deathclaws to skip all that.
>>
>>376596237
Because build up.

You're probably the type who doesn't appreciate good foreplay before sex either
>>
>>376596301
Dude its just a strip of highway that leads directly to Vegas, calm your tits.
>>
>>376596237
Did you mean Rivet City
>>
>>376594646

are you me OP?

>try to go north for 3 hrs before finally giving up and going south
>think the jail needs to be taken over but they all hostile so kill every single one of the powder gangers there
>dont turn left during the stealth nightkin area, end up having to kill every single nightkin (sigh this was painful)
>>
>>376596305
Not really. If he just wandered north and died, I'd agree with you. But he pointed out that he played the starting area pretty thoroughly, didn't bitch about being killed, and even tried to stealth boy past the deathclaws. That's more than a reasonable effort. Expecting someone the first time they pick up the game to know that the deathclaws will spot you regardless of distance of stealthboy if you try sneaking during the daylight (something not explained in the game), or that even at night you have to preactivate and hug black mountain to slip past? That's the kind of stuff you either looked online to know, or figured out after dying a fuckstack of times.

Pretend you don't have a thousand hours in the game when you start smugly telling people how they should automatically know the shit you figured out years and hundreds of playthroughs ago.
>>
>>376594897
you can, you've just gotta not be shit.
>>
Don't worry op. I agree with you 100%. What obsidian did to the series is a disgrace.

Only like 3 super mutants in the whole game. What the fuck. Barely any brotherhood of steel, and the game expects you to want these generic NCR guys as the Heroes instead. Uninspired pure evil villains with no motive other than to cosplay as romans and do evil things. New Vegas is totally intact with fucking electricity and grass and fountains, hardly even looks like the apocalypse happens. Boring flat desert for miles with nothing interesting to explore. They take away from the setting of the previous game and decide to move the series to the west coast for some fucking reason. I guess so they could make up their own shit. They really should have just made a cowboy game instead of putting the fallout license on it.

I am glad Bethesda set it back on track with Fallout 4.
>>
>>376595056
Open world is not the same as sandbox.
Sandbox games allow you to go anywhere and must have a consistent density of content and collectables everywhere. An example of a sandbox game is GTAV, Watch Dogs, Far Cry, Ghost Recon Wildlands, all the recent ubishit sandbox games.
An open world game can block you from going to certain areas in a logical way, such as using tough enemies. In an open world game there is a gradient of content throughout the map. Fallout is not a sandbox, its an open world RPG.
>>
>>376594646
>After years of people shitposting for New Vegas, I finally gave it a shot.
Yeah. You gave a shot to shitposting about New Vegas. Congratulation!
>>
>>376596475
Eh, even in F4 you're somewhat restricted, but it's more in the classic Fallout way than FNV is. In Fallout 4, you can go just about anywhere, but there are pockets of danger. You go wandering into Quincy and your ass is grass. Same with the Glowing Sea. And that's how most of the titles are, even the ones with level scaling. FNV is a bit of a departure. If it was more true to its roots, it would just have the deathclaws be in the quarry, not blocking the entire route north. You wander into the quarry, you die, you know to avoid it until later levels. But they really want you to follow the story in FNV, so that's not how the game got set up.
>>
>>376596546
I wouldn't expect a new player to know a quarter of what I know about the game. That's why the game tell you to go that way instead of north several times. Once you get hours under your belt, then you see how open the game is, and you're no forced to do what the game tells you to do. I don't have a problem with him struggling to get past the deathclaws, I have a problem with him throwing a bitch fit that he can't see New Vegas in the first hour of the game, and it's for some reason bad for the game to give him a safer route to New Vegas where deathclaws are never a problem.
>>
>>376596831
>fallout 4
>closer to the series' roots

Oohh I am laughing this has to be bait
>>
>>376596546
It's just that the characters in the game say "there are deathclaws on the i15 and they will rip your guts out through your asshole" and then you keep heading north and you get physically stopped by the ncr guy who says "if you go farther even god himself cannot save you"
Deciding "I bet these guys are bluffing full steam ahead" and then crying when they were right is moronic. the game sets up this area as incredibly difficult in a clear, concise way that fits into the setting and story as a whole. No matter what, you know the risk you are taking by attempting to go through it. Meanwhile, following the route the game puts you on to Nipton at the very least introduces you to the Legion and the NCR and lets you start deciding how you want to play the game.
There's a difference between open world and "do whatever the fuck you want whenever regardless of the plot or any other considerations." It's an RPG. Not Minecraft or No Man's Sky or whatever.
>>
>>376596805
Eh, I'd argue that the Fallout games are still sandboxy. A sandbox game isn't about collectibles, it's about freedom. At the end of the day, FNV will let you be a Legionnaire, a NCR Ranger, a Brotherhood Knight, a cannibal wanderer... really anything you want. You can also play the game any way you want. People denying that it's a sandbox game are only doing it because the discussion has leaned in a way as though to imply that makes the game poorer or worse in some way, and it doesn't.
>>
>>376596831
Now I've only really played F1 but I remember not doing things in the "required" order more or less made the game unplayable. At least for a new player.
>>
>>376596802
>Moving it to the west coast for some reason

Pleb, the series (and best installments) started in the West you retard. The east coast are the shit episodes in the series
>>
>>376596935
>didn't refute a single point made
Congratulations, you lost the argument in your first post.
>>
New vegas was a bad game but at least it did quests right. fallout 3 and 4 are just a bunch of not connected quest markers that barely effect anything. While all the factions interconnect with each other and your actions can actually effect future quests beyond "this NPC was killed so you can't do it"
>>
>>376596972
Don't reply to obvious bait anon.
>>
Fallout 3: go wherever you want from the start. Eventually the main quest will give you a map marker and you can walk there to meet the character or faction for the plot.

New Vegas:
Can't go wherever you want from the start. (Unless you're tricky) Game naturally pushes you in the direction to meet characters and factions important to the plot. Then opens up.

Decide for yourself which is better.
>>
>>376596943
Except that's not the situation at all. OP didn't say he didn't believe them, go reread it. He just thought that despite the danger, like in every other Fallout game, there's a way around the dangerous area.

And there really isn't. Him even knowing to use the stealthboy is above and beyond what's reasonable for a new player to try.
>>
>>376596972
You're stupid for replying seriously not even to a bait, but an obvious joke.

>>376597132
New Vegas: you meet the quest character and can kill them, listen to them than kill them, do as they ask, backstab them.

Fallout 3: you can't kill your dad! He's your dad!
>>
>>376597015
I don't feel like "refuting" obvious bait. Even replying to this is a waste of my time
>>
Why does /v/ shill new vegas so much?
This is the only place that shills that turd
>>
File: 5123512523534123.png (115KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
5123512523534123.png
115KB, 300x295px
>>376597198
>just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>376597135
There is a way around the danger that people have pointed out. But since there's danger, it's difficult. That's what danger does. And why you might decide to avoid the danger instead of trying to brute force through it and then complaining
>>
>>376597257
Because it's good?
>>
>>376597132
This is what OP needs to see. It's worldbuilding. There's a reason why map marker GPS nonsense is so hated in Bethesda games. Being told to go somewhere and then going there is all well and good... But that's literally the ONLY way Bethesda ever bothers to do things.

New Vegas "cuts off" most of the map at first, but it's still a decent chunk to explore and the player with more naturally encounter things than just following a fucking GPS from point A to point B
>>
>>376595059
I remember I could start a new game, rob good springs of all its plates and cup, run to the prison and side with the inmates to get their guns, then run to the NCR outpost and comeback to the prison killing everyone in the attack before finally running back to goodsprings to fend off the powder gangers. All in like 45 min, good times
>>
>>376596802
>the game expects you to want these generic NCR guys as the Heroes instead. Uninspired pure evil villains with no motive other than to cosplay as romans and do evil things.
This is how you spot someone who hasn't played New Vegas
>>
File: Dreamboy.jpg (113KB, 780x850px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamboy.jpg
113KB, 780x850px
>>376594646
It is a Role Playing Game. A game in which you play the role of a character in a setting.
It is not an open world shooter like bethesda developed Fallout games
>>
>>376597132
New Vegas is better. Of course it's better. Fallout 3 is boring boring boring. Zero challenge. Same enemies.
>>
>>376596802
i had a good chuckle. thanks.
>>
>>376597391
dude the post is dripping with sarcasm
take your head out of your ass and read it again
>>
Oh no I can't walk wherever I want aimlessly. That's a shame, I wanted to go north and jack my dick in an abandoned building. Fucking Obsidian can't do anything right
>>
>>376597281
No, what people pointed out was that there is no reasonable way around the danger. You didn't figure out your first time playing about the day/night cycle governing stealth penalties and that you had to use the stealthboy and preactivate it at Black Mountain to get around.

Sure, you know it now. It seems simple now. You've probably gone that way a hundred times now without blinking or slipping up. But again, you didn't know it in the beginning and it's not reasonable for any new player to just magically have that information.

Now, you're either advocating that he autistically spends the next few hours brute forcing his way through, which is stupid. Or that he goes online, spoils the game and cheats to find the way through, which is even worse.

The correct answer here is to applaud his tenacity in trying a couple of times and even using a stealthboy and then acknowledge that the game, at least for awhile in the beginning, is set on rails and that won't change until he's an experienced player who's now investigating ways to break or exploit his way off the rails.
>>
>New Vegas "cuts off" most of the map at first, but it's still a decent chunk to explore and the player with more naturally encounter things than just following a fucking GPS from point A to point B
My only issue is that it makes replaying the game a bit of a drag. Well, you know, unless you don't want to skip a fuckload of the main quest and early areas completely.
>>
>>376597351
>It's okay when new vegas does it
Right
If fallout 3 or 4 did this all of you would shit on that and would say something like, it ruins the roleplaying or something
>>
>>376597458
>lol dude chill I was just pretending to be retarded lmao
>>
>>376595297
Other way round. New Vegas is far more open with it's story than 3 or 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwlt4FqmS0
>>
>>376594646
>can go east or south
>cant go north and is warned about it in goodsprings and sloan that shit is dangerous

game opens up once you get past nipton
>>
>>376597397
My favorite part of role playing is doing exactly what the game tells me to do.
>>
>>376597474
That's funny because I never worried about night time stealth penalty or whatever the fuck you are talking about. When I first got the game I just crawled around in the boulders on the mountainside then made a break across the open area at the end for the abandoned space museum before the deathclaws caught up. No stealth boys, no penalties, just being clever and using the environment
>>
>>376597397
How is it roleplaying if the game isn't giving you choice?
It's okay when new vegas does it huh?
>>
>>376594646
Ignore most of the New Vegas shills, OP. The game is on rails for awhile and while there are technically some tricks to get around it... you don't really want to. Your first time through really should be just following the rails and seeing the story that Obsidian wants to tell you. Once you've cleared through it, it'd be a much better time to start doing the classic Fallout "wander around and see what I can find" gaming.
>>
Nice blog post. You might trigger four or five people.
>>
>>376597498
Fallout 3&4 have no role-playing to begin with so it would be fine
>>
>>376597498
It's more that in F3-4 you would have little to no opportunities to roleplay.
The NV start is really fucking linear, but it still showers you with opportunities to do that linear content in a lot of ways and "build your character". In F3, but especially 4 you would just get a few dialog choices that all lead to the same outcome with no way to get around doing your task.
>>
>>376597593
>game has different voices telling you to do different things
r-roleplay
>>
There are people on /v/ right now okay with Bethesda half-ass releasing Fallout 4 and letting modders paint the piece of shit on the plate gold, instead of accepting a fully developed game like F:NV.

This is Neo-v.
>>
>>376597481
Yeah, just like the stupid fucking Vault kiddie shit in 3 is a drag. Or pre-war shit in fallout 4.

Besides it's been explained multiple times that you can still go wherever you want if you avoid enemies properly.
>>
>>376597660
>the very first time I played the game I happened to go north, it happened to be night time, I happened to be pre-stealthed at a distance the deathclaws wouldn't spot me, and I happened to be wall-hugging/jumping along black mountain to get past them

Riiiight. You're that kid who would look shit up online and then insist to all his friends he just figured it out on his own, right?
>"Yeah, I was playing Mortal Kombat and then thought to myself, what happens if I push ABACABB at the title screen for no reason?"
>>
I will admit OP, New Vegas was my first Fallout game. I kept thinking "When the hell am I gonna get to New Vegas?" I played for hours thinking that was the goal. THE goal. I kept waiting to get there. You have to understand, like I wish I would have, New Vegas is the END goal. The journey is seriously the real goal of the game, not New Vegas. Forget that it says New Vegas on the cover, if you know what I mean. The journey and stories and people you encounter are what's important.
>>
>>376597715
>>376597730
And yet most people agree that 3 and 4 are more fun
It's almost like this shithole is being contrarian again
Hmmmm
>>
>>376597593
Role-playing is about following rules and limitations you absolute fucking retard.

If I'm playing a Strong barbarian character in an rpg, he can't go around being a wizard out of nowhere. And I mean a true RPG, not a "do anything you want lol" like skyrim.
>>
>>376597474
Yeah I didn't know there was a way to go through at first. So I didn't go that way. I'm not even sure why I would have wanted to, considering that at that point I'm trying to find Benny in Primm in the complete opposite direction.
I'm advocating that he doesn't go that way because literally everything about the game tells you not to go that way and it's completely antithetical to your goal as a character. And if he still does want to go that way, he should expect it to be incredibly difficult and not get pissed off when it doesn't work out because that's how that way was designed.
The first act of the game points you in a single direction because it's an RPG. It has a story you are acting out. You have a ton of freedom in how you act in this story, though. Even in this section of the game. And then as soon as you get to Novac, the entire game map is wide open and you can go wherever you want for whatever reason.
A game taking a bit to fully introduce the setting, plot, and factions isn't putting you on rails, it's giving you a reason to play the game at all.
>>
>>376597850
Yea that's a good comparison with literal walking across the map cunt
>>
File: 1481546530080.png (249KB, 600x629px) Image search: [Google]
1481546530080.png
249KB, 600x629px
>>376595880
>our freedom

it's Agua Fria you swine
>>
File: Bait_fde29c_5515578.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bait_fde29c_5515578.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>376594646
>>376594646
>>
>>376597765
They are a drag but they can easily be skipped with mods.

The content in NV, not as much, There's just too much of it, and in a lot of cases gives you so much EXP and shit you almost feel bad for skipping it.
>>
>>376597778
No, it was daytime

I had no stealth boy and didn't even know what they where

I used my fucking brain and thought "wow, that dinosaur that killed me was strong and fast. I'll climb through those boulders on the mountains where they can't reach me"
>>
>>376597779
OP here, still occasionally checking on the thread.

Yeah, I'm starting to see that. I just cleared out the hotel at Primm and am perusing my options for a new sheriff. The story in the game is fun and I am enjoying the journey.

Don't get me wrong, even if I had managed to get to New Vegas I probably would've still followed the story path on my main save. I just noticed how close New Vegas was to Goodsprings and wanted to go take a gander before getting into the game proper and was frustrated that so many invisible barriers were pushing me out.

Reminds me of Skyrim dungeons where you can see the door for the end of the dungeon right next to the entrance. New Vegas is so close, but so far.
>>
>>376597898
If you're playing a character who's wearing leather rags and recovering from being shot in the head, maybe you shouldn't try to mess with giant murderbeasts
>>
>>376597830
steams out of 10 rating lists
fo3: 9/10
fo4: 7/10
fo nv: 10/10

i mean do a couple google searches
>>
>>376597830
Most people agree that CoD is the tightest shit in the world. Most people only play like 2-3 video games a year.
Hmmmmm
>>
>>376597830
I have good memories of playing NV but whenever I try to play it again I remember the shitty atmosphere and seas of brown. Hand me Fallout 3 and I'd just fucking play through that shit.
>>
>>376597951
>i snuck past the deathclaws in daytime without a stealthboy :^D
Sure you did, Kevin. Sure you did.
>>
>>376597898
Yeah okay, if I'm playing an RPG as my barbarian man again, and a peasant approaches and says "halt! The swamp ahead is known of the Swamp of anal goblin rabe! Don't enter or you will be raped and killed!"

Hmm, lets see, should I enter, or come back later when I have goblin-killing poison and a chastity belt hmmmm
>>
>>376597997
>New Vegas is so close, but so far.
Honestly that was part of the appeal of that whole thing for me. You can always see it on the skyline but you have to deal with all this shit to finally get to it. It made the game feel rewarding and created such a good feeling when you finally enter the Strip.
It would have been horseshit if you could just ayylmao your way over there in the first hour
>>
>>376597997
You're better off going to the right anyway. The north pass isn't just treachorous it's a fucking wasteland with no sidequests or characters.
>>
>>376598057
So, what makes the shitty atmosphere and seas of green-brown better than the shitty atmosphere and seas of brown?
>>
>>376598075
what, you want me to go back in time and video tape it for you? It's clearly not fucking impossible, I've even done it on other playthroughs since then.

Are you so far up your own ass you can't believe someone else has a conflicting experience??
>>
>>376598109
Then you get to the strip and feel sad that it's the worst area in the game.

Freeside is pretty dope though. Way more interesting than the Strip.
>>
>>376598212
Because there's things to see and actual interesting places to be. It actually feels like a post-apocalyptic wasteland rather than some bland desert.
>>
>>376598253
Let's pretend for the sake of discussion that you did. The issue isn't that you were a statistical outlier and managed to get past, it's the way you're trying to sell it as though everyone should've been able to do the same. Congratulations if you really did exploit the game AI and wall jumped around them on your very first playthrough without foreknowledge of how many deathclaws there were, how far they went on, or any of the other parameters people take for granted with hindsight, but fuck you for being twice a retard in thinking that's typical.
>>
>>376598108
>goblin poison and a chastity belt

The difference is that this RPG sounds actually fun whereas New Vegas is not
>>
>>376597997
You'll have this "a-ha!" moment where you fall in love with this game. I guarantee it.
>>
>>376594646
By the time you reach New Vegas going through the south path, you are more than ready to kill the bugs and the Deathclaws, and do whatever the fuck you want, you fucking faggot, and by the time you reach NV, you already have a bigger picture of the whole situation.
But being a stupid contrarian is more important.
>>
>>376595559
You can pretty easily fight through the bugs at early levels if you specced right just like going through dangerous areas in FO 1 and 2. Also helps that one of the DLCs that comes with pretty much every recently bought copy nets you a grenade launcher.
>>
>>376598423
Man, I must have played a different Fallout 3 than you.
Also, the fact that NV did more of a post-post-apocalyptic world is way more interesting than just copy pasting Mad Max and adding some meme retro TV's here and there. To see how the world deals in rebuilding and forming their own culture out after the apocalypse is the best part of the genre. It's like reading a space opera or fantasy novel that has no world building, what is the point?
>>
>>376598434
You make it sound like it's some massive glitchy exploit, and that's what is really fucking annoying me.

Nigger, I got killed by a giant lizard and then ran through the mountains (AKA: where the lizards can't go)

Then I made a break for a building and went inside so the ones chasing me across the open area at the end would piss off.

That's literally about as simple as it gets. I'm sorry my playthrough doesn't fit your narrative of New Vegas being super linear, talking about stealth boys and detectors and statistics and shit. But that's just how my adventure went, and it's definitely not hard to replicate because I do remember doing it at least one other time.
>>
>>376598641
>>
>>376598609
Oh yes, I oh so love the boring ass NCR and utterly impossible legion and their "culture".
>>
>>376594646
Why didn't you use the stealth boy to get past the bugs? Why haven't I tried that yet?
>>
>>376594646
I watches my friend hug invisible walls and climb the rocks next to deathclaw quarry. He jumped down at the end and ran out of aggro range. He did this on an xbox 360

If you're gonna cheese, git gud at it
>>
>>376594646
get gud.

also, it's a depressing ass shit game.
it's interesting occasionally but I wouldn't wanna play it too much.

I really prefer fantasy settings.
>>
>>376598775
I did. More than the generic apocalypse dwellers 101 in megaton, or the generic apocalypse dwellers 101 in rivet city, and let's not forget the wealthy apocalypse dwellers 101 in tenpenny tower.

The most interesting parts of F3 were the Enclave and BoS because they actually had at least some culture to them. It doesn't have to be super realistic, just fun and interesting.
>>
>>376598764
Why resort to petty shit like this when someone challenges your viewpoints?
>>
Doesn't open up till you get to primm or novac depending on your playstyle, yeah
>>
>>376598926
You don't even have to hug walls. So stick near to the mountain of course. But The deathclaws can't climb most of the rocks, so even if they do spot you, just climb uphill a bit or go ontop of something.
>>
>>376599000
Yeah, and none of the shit in Vegas was either fun nor interesting.
>>
>>376599006
Because engaging kids like you never works, Kevin. You'll insist that you just "stumbled upon" fucking anything until you're blue in the face. Like you have some vested interest in everyone believing your obvious lies. And since I'm not willing to play ball, but don't care enough to argue the point, you get the stock answer.

>>
>>376599020
there is almost nothing to do though. I mean, that's the point of the setting but Primm is just about wiping out the entire inside of that one building and appoint a new sherif and Novac is just that ghoul quest, killing off the slave trader cunt with Boone and retrieving some info about dead NCR faggots for a cripple. that's all there is to do.
>>
>>376599109
I disagree.
>>
>>376594646
I'm late but yes, it's very linear until you meet House and later Caesar. The game wants to introduce you to basically all of the factions before letting you run free and choose who you want to support and quest for.
>>
>>376599186
Primm also has talent for the talent pool quest ("I may have plowed his daughter. A little." still makes me chuckle) and the vertibird lady pilot. And No-Bark is a pretty cool character. He's even on the radio!
>>
>>376599109
Cannibals were fun.
>>
>>376599143
" I didn't do something on my first playthrough, so that means nobody else could have done it "

This is literally what you're saying.
>>
>>376599143
Not him but I've done it, I mean it was pretty hard but it's not like it's impossible to get past them on foot without glitching.
>>
>>376599320
How did tribals manage to become so civilized in effectively no time at all?
>>
>>376599368
That's one of few plot holes in NV, as admitted by lead designer. The initial draft had a much longer time period between House taking control of the tribes and the game's events.
>>
>>376599312
It's ghouls, I tell ya! Religious ghouls in rockets looking for a land to call their own. Don't you laugh at me! I know a spell that will make you show your true form, cave rat taught it to me.
>>
>>376599341

>>376599353
Yeah, we've all done it. The issue is that Kevin magically figured it out on his very first playthrough. But that's how Kevin is. He found all the warp whistles, discovered the hidden materia, guessed all the input codes all on the first try. Kevin's just awesome like that.
>>
>>376594646
Linearity isn't inherently bad. Bethseda's Fallout games suffer from having incredibly in-cohesive settings, and part of that is them giving you some major plot-line that the game world lets you ignore for as long as you like.

Seriously, if you're going to make an open world game, you have to have some structure there. Just dumping a player into a world without purpose is minecraft tier.

Also the town of Goodsprings is an actual town in Nevada, as are most of the towns in game.
>>
>>376594646
I ran from Goodsprings to the Strip no problem on my first playthrough.
>>
>>376594646
what I got from your post was:
>"wahh it's too hard, why isn't it giving me a free pass, REEE"
>>
>>376599470
> The issue is that Kevin magically figured it out on his very first playthrough.
Not really sure why that matters. I can't really think of anything I've learned in the game that would have made it easier to get past them. Apart from just being familiar with Bethesda's Gamebroyo games in general.
>>
>>376599470
I don't know how you managed that, but you're easily the least likable person in a FNV/FO3 designated shitflinging thread.

>>376599586
Stop replying, please.
>>
>>376599471
>Just dumping a player into a world without purpose is minecraft tier.
It worked pretty well in Morrowind to be fair.
>>
>>376594646

>Can't even get passed the deathclaws by abusing the invisible walls

Come on now, you attempted to get past the Deathclaws in a non dsp way, and then give up so you can shitpost on /v/.

On my second playthrough I got to NV before I even reached Level 2.
>>
>>376599143
Wtf mane it's easy af to cheese through quarry by sticking to high rocks and cranes and whatnot. Not to mention that deathclaws scatter if you shoot them from places they can't reach you.

If you ever played a post Daggerfall TES game you'd intuitively try this if you were hellbent on going through quarry at lvl1
>>
>>376594646
They literally tell you not to go through Quarry Junction, go back to Skyrim.
>>
>>376599586
It doesn't matter. It's just exhausting always having a Kevin around.
>yeah, that Vanguard at the beginning of Demon's Souls fucked me up the first time. knew it was going to be a good dame.
>>Vanguard? Pffftlol, I beat him the first time.

>fuck me, I just tried that dragonforce song on guitarhero and got destroyed
>>Through the Fire and Flames? lol piece of noob ass shit, i got a perfect score the first time!

etc etc.

Kevin is always there to tell you that he overcame any obstacle easily the first time.
>>
>>376594646
I could run past everything to New Vegas and it only took me three tries. You know you can run past the cazadors or find a way of sneaking past black mountain and deathclaws without a guide?
>>
>>376594646
>>376594842
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1488728587889.png (96KB, 336x366px) Image search: [Google]
1488728587889.png
96KB, 336x366px
>>376599143
Wew lad. Just because you're too retarded to play a game doesn't mean everyone should change their stance.
>>
>>376594646
>Fallout 4 was made for people like this
>>
>>376599740
This. I don't know if that other poster was Kevining, but fuck they're the bane of fun game discussion.
>hey /v/, tips on how to beat X?
>"X!? LMAO I killed X on my first try while eating a sandwich you pathetic faggot!"
>>
>>376599740
Well in this case he's right to do so since the discussion was about OP trying to do the same thing and claiming it was impossible while in reality it's a fairly simple, if a bit challenging thing to do. Even for a first time player.
>>
>>376599670
>>376599805
>>376599851

Settle down, Kevin.
>>
>>376599470
Walking on a fucking cliffside to avoid giant monsters is hardly rocket science
>>
>>376599879
Settle down yourself Thaddeus.
>>
>>376598434
If you want to blame anything, blame quicksaves. Trail and error without punishment. It doesn't take all that much patience if you're really that curious.
>>
File: 33400121461_5216790a3e_o.jpg (2MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
33400121461_5216790a3e_o.jpg
2MB, 2560x1080px
This pasta again?
>>
>>376599831
just stop being shit? If you ask for tips you'll probably get one ironic git gud and an actual response giving you tips unless you're acting like a fucking idiot
>>
>>376599740
Not in this case. OP is just being a stupid whiny faggot cause a game is giving him a hard and proclaiming it impossible. Some dude just claimed that it is. OP is just a little bitch.
>>
Good job, you guys got all the Kevins riled up. Now we get a hundred more posts about how easy it is to exploit invisible aggro ranges and terrain jumping. Can someone else post how easy and intuitive it is for a new player to figure out how to terrain hop through deathclaw country? I don't feel like it's been cemented in enough.
>>
>>376599879
Shut up and go back to playing legos Eliot. We all know you're too stupid to play with anything that requires a little bit of thought.
>>
File: 4ef.jpg (49KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
4ef.jpg
49KB, 500x475px
>>376594646
You're not forced to do shit.

I've done a couple of playthroughs where I just made a straight line for New Vegas, and killed Benny there without ever going anywhere near Novac.

You're not limited in any way, the only way that you're dissuaded from going off the path is by really difficult enemies.
>>
>>376600068
Just chill anon. Contain your autism.
>>
>>376599740
Those hyperbole scenarios are *TOTALLY* comparable to outrunning Bethesda's shitty AI by standing on rocks.

Seriously dude lets use skyrim as an example. Someone says "the first town I went to was Solitude"

Is it unlikely? Yes, most people won't do that. Is it absolutely possible, even for a first time player? Also yes.
>>
>he didnt enjoy sneaking past super mutants and deathclaws at low level to get to new vegas early
I hope the nv2 rumors are true anyway
>>
>>376600068
It is easy to run past cazadors
>>
I got to New Vegas on my first playthrough. Just walked through the deathclaws. It was easy. Why can't you guys do the same?
>>
>>376596546

>Bit closer to an hour
>>
>>376600068
>almost every post that followed was this
Hard always being right.
>>
>>376594646
You cant talk bad about new vegas here. Despite it just being fallout 3 with slightly better quests set in an empty desert. People like to roleplay as gay cowboys here.
>>
>>376600068
Shut your mouth Frederic, you always get mad when someone figured something out that you didn't
>>
>>376594646
If you don't think its tedious at all spending your time running straight to new vegas with no money and guns, then why didn't you just keep heading east until there wasn't a "Deathclaws" sign?
>>
File: 1483000711855.png (6KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1483000711855.png
6KB, 210x230px
>>376600068
Settle down OP. No amount of sperging would roll back your stupidity, just let that impotent tantrum of yours settle down a bit.
>>
Lookit those Kevins go.
>>
>>376600241
>replying to yourself
is this your way of letting us know you were pretending to be retarded?
>>
File: 1482406252387.png (278KB, 1299x1322px) Image search: [Google]
1482406252387.png
278KB, 1299x1322px
>>376600307
and he's still going on.
>>
>>376600241
>challenge people
>get surprised when people challenge back
>>
>>376600348
>predicts I will spam the thread in an autistic fury
>I do exactly that
>he gloats about being right
>"I win"
wew
>>
>>376600363
>faggot baits people
>people proudly take the bait
>another new vegas thread devolved into maximum retardation
I want nu-/v/ to leave.
>>
Okay so apparently I'm the original "Kevin" here who claimed the extremely impossible feat of sneaking past the deathclaws by using the mountain on my first playthrough.

OP I wasn't trying to make it a personal attack on you, or say you were an idiot, or say "the solution is super clear lmao"

I totally recognize it's a bit of a trick just not as big of one as you made it out to be... just saying it's not impossible to get past the deathclaws.
>>
>>376600473
Quit fucking roleplaying, OP. I was the original "Kevin" poster and you're not going to backpedal for me.
>>
what are some other games that i can play for that new vegas feel again? im really itching to play another rpg like new vegas
>>
>>376600473
when I get home tomorrow I'm going to make a new save on new Vegas and run past the deathclaws just to spite this fucking retarded shitposter
>>
>>376600470
When you have constant threads about a 10 year old game every day and everything that has been said have already been said 4000 times discussion tends to falter. See /vg/.
>>
Back to Fallout 4 faggot
>>
>>376600526
>wanting to play New Vegas

Sure you do, Kevin. I bet you just "want" to play games out of nowhere all the time, don't you? I bet it comes real easy for naturally gifted Kevins like you, to just "want" to play a video game
>>
>>376600526
Skyrim with gun and loli mods
>>
>>376600638
Yeah, fuck off Kevin.
>>
>>376600638
>>376600714
>samekevining
>>
>>376600660
skyrims quests fucking suck and are predictable as fuck i didnt completely hate it like i thought i would
>>
>>376600526
Depends on what you mean by the "new vegas feel".
Do you mean more open ended quests that can be solved in a lot of ways? Then Arcanum, and Fallout 1-2, or maybe something like Way of the Samurai.
Do you mean first person open world RPG? Then TES games, or Stalker if you want more of a shooter and less RPG.
Also, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines.

Haven't played much if it myself but give Gothic a try. I hear it's pretty good.

There ain't a lot of games like the 3D fallout games unfortunately. Bethesda seems to have a bit of a monopoly of the genre sadly.
>>
>>376600881
i haven't tried the previous fallout games are they worth a shot?
>>
File: Dorks.jpg (107KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Dorks.jpg
107KB, 512x384px
>this thread
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-11-03-25-21.jpg (48KB, 768x217px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-11-03-25-21.jpg
48KB, 768x217px
>>376600768
>implying

There's always that one Kevin who tries to start shit...
>>
File: 1482422468725.gif (808KB, 225x249px) Image search: [Google]
1482422468725.gif
808KB, 225x249px
>>376600408
>lol i was merely pretending
>>
>>376597865
Thank you sane anon. OP guy entered the game with the drive being: let's wander around in a sandbox. Which is the the opposite of what this rpg is trying to achieve. You are meant to move with purpose and direction, being driven by your characters goals and personality. Of coarse there is some sandbox fun to be had along the way but that's just a bonus.
>>
>>376594646
The game opens up after you get past the town after Goodsprings. Don't remember what it's called but there's a quest to kill some Raiders that invaded it. Once you get there you can go basically anywhere you want.
>>
>>376601000
Sure. The combat is pure ass but many of the quests are quite interesting and open.
>>
>>376597759
well no shit
>>
>>376600526
>get out of here stalker
>>
>>376594842
Fallout 4 is a soulless piece of trash. All quests and characters are shit. Pipe weapons and the looting system is shit. It was worse than Skyrim.

NV had good varied quests with multiple choices that had an impact in the game. It's why I've played that most out of the three modern installments.
>>
>>376601000
Depends how much tolerance you have for slow CRPG's. Could take a while to get used to.
>>
>>376598310
Agree with this wholeheartedly. Haven't found a combination of mods to even half-way rectify this.
>>
>>376598974
Stop stating your opinions as facts you cretin
>>
>>376601146
By looting I mean the boring, repetitive
>"Oh it's the same gun as last time but now it does extra damage to super mutants"

All they had to do is have a large arsenal of base weapons, special variants based on those and unique weapons.
>>
>>376601146
Skyrim at least feels alive and you can still lose yourself in it. Fo4 felt entirely artificial, every bit of immersion you'd get would be blown away the next time you interact with the world.
>>
>>376599879
Calling someone kevin is a very autistic, ineffective debating technique, friendo
>>
File: cazador.png (271KB, 800x492px) Image search: [Google]
cazador.png
271KB, 800x492px
>>376594646

>get gibbed by giant bugs

heheh
>>
>>376594646
F4 is a shooter with light RPG mechanics and shit writing.

NV is an RPG with shooting and good writing.

You can't roleplay in F4. You are always the same fucking voiced cunt of a protagonist. Not the silent weirdo dress-wearing loner that only uses his fists to kill things. They threw replayability out the window.

They took the franchice, took a shit on it and added crafting mechanics so that autistic fags could play it like any other timesink game.
>>
>>376600638
Lol someone is pretending to be autism-kun
>>
>>376601248
>"let's make a game about exploring ruins and scavenging stuff"
>"let's remove any incentive to go look for new weapons and equipment since you can just keep upgrading your starting pistol"
>"fucking genius Todd"
>>
File: 1463168271444.jpg (448KB, 2309x2309px) Image search: [Google]
1463168271444.jpg
448KB, 2309x2309px
>>376601368
Bugs are our friends.
>>
>>376595880
"Heartaches by the number, troubles by the score..."

Fittingly, it's also the name of best girls quest.
>>
>>376601000
Fuck you. That is all.
>>
>>376601445
>autistic fags
Anon, the only autistic fags here were the ones pretending their playthrough of new vegas was a special snowflake roleplay story and not exactly the same overall experience as everyone else.
>>
File: Laughing American.png (322KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing American.png
322KB, 500x434px
>>376594646
>Goodville
>Goodtown
>Pleasant Springs
>>
>>376601581
Give it up OP. Please, calling others autistic wouldn't make less of a retard.
>>
>>376601335
Exactly this. I blame the dumbed down dialogue system and voiced protag.

I don't want the game to revolve around me or my character. It should be a world, with you in it. Not a hero with a world around him.

I hate Bethesda for fucking up F4.. and I hate myself for falling for the trap and buying it in launch.
>>
>>376601146
Yeah, the crafting system they came up with basically made it so that there were basically about 6 different guns each with a bunch of slight variations. Would have been better off if they literally just had normal guns then ripped of a gun modification mod if they wanted to have weapon customization be a thing so badly.

They tried to make it this "INFINITE WEAPON VARIATIONS" thing but it just ended up being a "ALL THE WEAPONS ARE THE FUCKING SAME" thing. Also removing durability was a huge mistake since it was the one thing that made you have to kind of think about which gun you were going to use (your really good one that you're saving for strong enemies or your worse ones that you don't care about as much). It might not have felt like much because you could end up with tons of loot regardless and not have to worry about it but having to fix your guns and other weapons just made the game more immersive for me, it felt more like a post-apocalypse survival situation because you had to scrounge around to fix your shit.
>>
>>376595504
Not to mention not all op weapons have limited ammo. You can easily by any kind of shotgun ammo and with "and stay back" at level 12 or something, nothing can really Stonewall you for long.
>>
>>376601581
Just because you don't understand roleplaying at all doesn't mean that all roleplayer's are autistic. If that were the case ACTUAL RPGs would be a much more niche genre than they are.
>>
File: 1484945380427.jpg (90KB, 960x745px) Image search: [Google]
1484945380427.jpg
90KB, 960x745px
>tfw /v/ is to smart to ignore a bait thread
>>
File: 1481319772723.png (223KB, 413x396px) Image search: [Google]
1481319772723.png
223KB, 413x396px
>>376594646
>tfw played the game three times but never managed to get past cassadors and deathclaws
I mean there's an easy way through hidden valley and black mountain, but I'm still kinda upset that I haven't achived the true mastery of the game.
>>
the game is utterly garbage until you get to new vegas. you either have patience for it or dont
>>
>>376601335
This. I literally quit playing Fallout 4 when I tried to kill some guy I had sussed out was a synth in disguise only to find out he was immortal like basically every other character in the fucking game and everyone in the whole fucking city psychically homed in on my position (which was in full stealth, using a silenced sniper rifle from hundreds of meters away behind a sign and some bushes).

My immersion collapsed, I realized that I couldn't actually make any real decisions in this game, can't even kill people unless your 'supposed' to. Hell, you fucking kill this guy later because he fucking WAS a synth but you can't kill him now because you haven't started the quest so he's fucking immortal.

I just fucking quit right there, quit the game and haven't played it since. Just completely killed the experience for me.
>>
>>376601775
If people ignored bait threads there would be like 3 threads left at any given time
If only..
>>
>>376601660
I kinda liked that about 3 and NV. Even if you found a rare end game weapon you could barely use it because it had almost no health and cost too much to repair.
>>
>>376601820
The only thing past them is a crappy valley.
Past that is a bunch of drugged out psychos.
>>
>>376601863
Nah
>>
>>376601653
Its Bethesda's fault for not hiring a competent writer and thinking that "whacy violence, nukes and 50s" is what makes Fallout good.

Also why the flying fuck would you buy a Bethesda game at launch? Should have waited for at least 2 patches.
>>
File: 1423332932202.png (317KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1423332932202.png
317KB, 453x604px
>>376601926
This isn't even the average bait where a falseflagger spouts something like "NEVER EVER" or generic consolle war shit. It's literally a a troll or a legit retard sperging against the world.
>>
>>376601536
they were literally before my time my im sorry anon
>>
>>376601238
so the fallout setting isn't depressing?
it's fact that it is. ask literally anybody.
>>
>>376602089
They were before my time too but how can you not have heard about shit like fo2 and bg2? I mean where have you spent your time on the internet?
>>
>>376601820
Lol look at this fucking noob!

I massacred the Cassadors on my first playthrough of the game when I accidentally went the wrong way and ran into them. Didn't realize till later when I saw people talking about them that it was supposed to be hard.
>>
Fallout 3 was my first fallout.
>Playing fallout.
>go through boring intro quest.
>Finally get out of the vault "Yeah"
>see nothing but dirt and a huge metal construct in the distance.
>ha fuck that place.
>go right from the vault.
>die to a two headed bear.
>alright lets go to the big metal construct.
>Fight a bunch of stupid mole rats with my baseball bat.
>Spot a huge grey thing in the distance.
>What the fuck is that?
>walk towards it sneaking.
>its a fucking death claw.
>Nope.jpg
>being the idiot I was I got up and ran away.
>Battle music starts.
>I turn around.
>Staring at me is death itself.
>Shit my pants and die.

I respawn a couple of seconds later and the deathclaw is gone.

After that I could never get the deathclaw to respawn anywhere near megaton.

Same thing with fallout NV except I was at the graveyard near good spring and I happen to spot a bunch of cazadors just siting around.

So I shot one.

Biggest mistake of my life, and it was these mistakes that make me love these games so.
>>
>>376602141
Okay the setting in isolation being depressing, thats almost a fact. The game as a whole being depressing and shit is absolutely not a fact. Nice attempt at back-pedalling though.
>>
>>376602231
you caught me, im a fucking newfag underage and thinsk skyim is the best game ever.
i just wasn't too intrested in playing the older games,i will go back and play 1 and 2
>>
>>376601660
Every time I came back to my "base", I had to manage my inventory in a way that made sense.

Kept enough provisions to last me a week or so. Couple guns that were in decent condition and I had ammo for. One powerful weapon for the OHSHIT moments.

That turned into
>"Here, have this rifle you can upgrade endlessly and it'll carry you through the game"

Bethesda was just lazy.
>>
File: 1492676803086.jpg (57KB, 302x351px) Image search: [Google]
1492676803086.jpg
57KB, 302x351px
This is one of the best bait threads in a while, not bad really.
>>
>>376602304
Kevin please. I cannot engage with you further and so I must bid you ado. Mayhap you will think on your blas(french e) deception for the trifle that it is.
>>
>>376601581
>Role-Playing Game
If your RPG doesn't have role-playing, it doesn't have much replayability.

Unless the dialogue and quests are well written. Which they weren't in F4.
>>
>>376602448
Hope you enjoy them. I would play 2 first, 1 is worse in every way and there isn't much story to catch up on. Only play 1 if you're desperate for more imo.
>>
>>376602628
>ado
>>
>>376594646

New Vegas start is easily the worst part of the game. You really only have two options, either sneak past the death claws and cazadors or take the handheld route and go south.

New Vegas is not a very open ended explorer, once you get to Vegas itself the game opens up quite a bit as it basically becomes your hub.
>>
>>376602872
A great many of the best rpg's start with the worst part of the game. Not sure why.
>>
File: 1494424241767.png (68KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1494424241767.png
68KB, 512x384px
>>376594646
Fallout NV is horseshit. Idk why everyone acts like they love it.
>Game has unreasonable skill checks
"Hey uh the guy that shot you is here! Oh you want in? Well you need 2000caps, or science skill of 80! What? You can sneak past the guards? Well it doesn't matter because the door is unpickable anyways!"
>Lazy developers
"Pay me 300caps and I'll give you some shitty advice to get past that Boomer arty! Oh there's also a train tunnel you can take! What's that? It's requires a lockpick skill of 100 to open? And it's guarded by 2 deathclaws?? And you still get shelled immediately upon exiting regardless of whether they spotted you or not?? I don't care!"
>Lazy quest design
"Go across the map to speak to this faction, which will give you a quest across the map to gain their favor, then travel back across the map, turn the quest in, do them another favor, turn that quest back in, then rinse and repeat that 5 times and there's your main quest!"
>>
>>376603080
Like 90% of posts this is either bait or retardation. I'm going with bait.
>>
>>376603170
t. nostalgia baby
prove me wrong
>>
>>376603080
We full bait now.
>>
>>376594646
Yes it opens up particularly if you play with sexout mods
>>
>>376594846
You can't do that in FO4 either.
It's actually similar to FNV in this regard, you get more powerful enemies in some areas.
>>
>>376603237
One of the biggest problems with FO3 was too many skill points and checks being tot low. Meant you could do everything in one playthrough. In NV the high checks encourage specialization, role playing and replay value. Oh yeah there are plenty of useful medium checks too.
>>
>unironically falling for this bait
>>
>>376603080
i am very well aware this is bait but do people really struggle to collect 2000 caps? A couple of weapons duct taped together and you have that.
>>
>>376603413
while I agree to the usefulness of skill checks, and I wish fallout 3/4 had more of them besides speech checks, it's still ridiculous to throw that HUGE of a skill check at a player so early into the game.

plus the main quest was very underwhelming and repetitive
>>
>>376603695
>it's still ridiculous to throw that HUGE of a skill check at a player so early into the game
How early? I didn't even get to the stip before spending like 60 or 100 hours of fucking around because there's so many quests in Freeside, Maccarran etc.
>>
>>376594842
Stop being a fag and explore the Goodsprings area until you can get past the bugs to the north, it's entirely possible. From there you just have to snipe high-level raiders in Bonnie Springs and then haul fucking ass past the Fiends to New Vegas.
>>
>>376594646
>>go through generic as hell starting area called Goodville or something else starter towny named
It's literally an actual town in real life near Las Vegas, Pioneer Saloon and General Store included.
>>decide I want to go to New Vegas and head overland
>>get gibbed by giant bugs
>>can't be too upset, the villagers in Goodtown warned me about killer bugs up there
>>head up the road toward New Vegas instead
>>get warned by some new people about Deathclaws on the road
>>for fuck's sakes
>>spot them a mile away, try and stealth past
>>they aggro anyhow and kill me
>>remember a stealthboy I got from Pleasant Springs
>>try using that and stealth past
>>the fuck? stealthboys give +100 stealth. google this shit
>>apparently Deathclaws have maximum perception and can spot people even at a distance with stealthboys up
>>quit trying to rail against the invisible walls of the game and start heading south
Git gud.

Going North early is meant to be hard. If it's too hard for you, you big fucking babby, just cheese it or use the console.
>>
File: Betsy.png (816KB, 784x547px) Image search: [Google]
Betsy.png
816KB, 784x547px
Non-Essential Side Quest from New Vegas
>be reconnaissance operative
>responsible for training other troops
>on a mission hunting a psycho raider
>hunter becomes hunted
>get raped violently and nearly eaten
>barely survive
>develop intense PTSD
>develop overly masculine persona to cope
>start harassing other female officers
>learn your rapist is murdered by courier
>mad you weren't the one to pull the trigger
>reluctantly agree to accept mental help

Essential Main Quest from Fallout4
>spouse gets murdered
>they took muh-baby
>oh fuck robots n sheit!
>antagonist is a dying old man
>disappointing "no duh" plot twist

If there is a good and just god in this world, there is a special place in hell for faggots like Todd who butcher and ruin modern art.
>>
Also, if you spec'd for high luck and lockpicking and can get as far south as Primm you'll pick up a fucking crit cannon that will carry you till endgame if you treat it right behind the desk of the abandoned casino.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>376603080
>>
>>376595167
Theres nothing to see in new vegas, it's a shit hole. It's not meant to be a shit hole but bethesda made it into one.
>>
>>376597830
>are more fun
I know personally people who think getting STI's from random grindr hookups is fun.
Your point being?
>>
>>376601445
>You can't roleplay in F4.
That's weird. My first character was a Brotherhood of Steel paladin who didn't romance anyone since he was loyal to his dead wife. When the time came to blow the Institute, he left his synth "son" there to die with the rest of the robots. And when Danse turned out to be a synth, despite being his best friend, he put a slug through his brain. He used BoS combat armor over their unique fatigues and the Righteous Authority laser rifle whenever he wasn't in his BoS power armor. All his settlements had people wearing the same and BoS flags everywhere.

My last character was a raider who stuck his dick in Cait while stopping her from getting off the chems and never even bothered to rescue the Minutemen at the beginning. He never looked for Sean either or had anything to do with the whole Institute / Railroad / etc nonsense. The Brotherhood never came to the area. No, but with the Nuka World DLC, I set up dozens of raider camps all across the wasteland. Even the settler camps I filled with people dressed in raider armor and the buildings all filled with raider item motifs. If and when the Brotherhood ever come, they'll find the entire region of Boston is one giant Raider utopia with a minigun wielding raider power armored Bandit King sitting on a massive pile of caps in a fortress in Hangman's Ally.

And hell, those aren't even my best RP builds.
>>
>>376594646
it is entirely possible to head straight north to new vegas
also there are mods that remove invisible walls
git gud
>>
File: 1494177501145.jpg (79KB, 556x742px) Image search: [Google]
1494177501145.jpg
79KB, 556x742px
after trying to enjoy this game really hard, turns out it's shit
people like it because "muh feelings and roleplay" which is something that it doesn't have, but each one makes his own impressions of the game

you can't deny this, some people like bad games and that's okay
>>
File: 1443726252871.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1443726252871.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>376594646
>>go through generic as hell starting area called Goodville or something else starter towny named

stopped reading there as I knew this was bait.
>>
>>376604298
>i knew it was bait, but i posted anyway
That's still taking the bait, stupid.
>>
>>376598775
>utterly impossible legion and their "culture".
Islamic state says hi.
Prepare to die, infidel
>>
>>376594646
TOP FUCKING KEK
I snuck through the quarry on my first character at level 2 on my first day playing.
Holy shit, how can you be this bad when the game dumps stealthboys on you?
>>
>>376604341
The threads got 300+ replies I don't think it matters at this point
>>
>>376595116
its like those fags who say morrowind is a terrible game with those webms of a guy with 5 in blunt attacking a mudcrab with 0 stamina with a warhammer.
>>
>>376598859
You can just use the reload warp speedrunners use
>>
>>376603695
Oh you weren't bating. Well now I just feel sorry for you Kevin,
>>
>>376604370
EVEN TOPPER KEK
I snuck through the quarry on my first character at level 1 on my first minute playing.
Holy shit, how can you be this bad when the game dumps stealthboys on you?
>>
File: 1492968263132.gif (792KB, 196x207px) Image search: [Google]
1492968263132.gif
792KB, 196x207px
>>376595686
and they are all dead.
>>
>>376604273
Only idiots like yourself see view own opinions as facts though.
>>
>>376604553
oh god that typo /thread for me
>>
File: too far..png (21KB, 233x200px) Image search: [Google]
too far..png
21KB, 233x200px
>>376601510
>>
>>376603941
Don't forget the unmarked quest to find the dead rangers body. Not even a put in your quest log, just a note to remind you about it.
>Go to the location.
>can talk to the troopers or just head straight in.
>Kill the fiends and avoid any traps.
>Pick up the body back using the grab function and literally drag it back to the troopers.
>Troopers have different lines depending on how much damage you took (Surprised that you either pulled it off without a scratch or that you went through so much for some guy you never even knew.)
>Mr New Vegas mentions it on the radio.

This fucking game man. Even something like shooting the memorial causes the guy in front of it to start yelling at you.
>>
>>376604553
it's not an opinion
people who like new vegas agreed with me that the game is only for roleplaying purposes
the game itself is empty and they tried to make it good with dialogues, which are bad, and usually filled with "cruel jokes", ruining it completely
>>
>>376603793
ok so 60-100hrs of grinding irrelevant quests while you finally track down the guy who shot you is all it takes to get through a door. Sounds like roleplaying to me
>>376604431
show me how many hours you even have in NV, my guess is you never even played it and just slurp up whatever /v/ tells you is good so you can try to fit in
>>
>>376604668
Pst even if some people agree with your opinion, it still isn't a fact. See: organized religion.
>>
>>376604627
you can kill that faggot by the memorial without consequence.
>>
>>376604678
>60-100hrs of grinding irrelevant quests
They're actually pretty good quests. Investigating a Vault full of plant zombies, interrogating a Legion officer, spy hunting, bounty hunting, penetrating an irradiated death trap Vault with an armoury full of incredible weapons.
>>
>>376604734
it makes it clear that you're just delusional
but as I said, liking bad games isn't a bad thing
>>
>>376604678
I'm out. Not going to engage with your random accusations pulled directly out of your signposting ass.
>>
File: merely pretending.jpg (13KB, 356x217px) Image search: [Google]
merely pretending.jpg
13KB, 356x217px
>>376594646
>OP has the pathfinding ability of a Bethesda NPC
>MFW OP is a Bethesda NPC
There's a trail through the mountains like right fucking there between where the Deathclaws are and the Super Mutants you dumbass.
>>
>>376604815
I'm delusional because I'm explaining to a moron the difference between an opinion and a fact?
>>
>>376594646
Maybe you shouldn't of pirated the game :).
>>
>>376604884
so many signpost captchas..
>>
>>376594646
>playing new vegas
>cesar sends his assasins to kill me
>they stop me in the middle of the fucking desert with nothing to use as cover and nowhere to run
>way to strong for me to handle at that point
>reload 20 times and get killed on the spot
>have to reload earlier save
>have to come up with strategy of having a nearby building i can run inside whenever i come across them
>>
Did they actually try to make freeside dangerous so I would need the king bodyguard or am I always over leveled by the time I get there?
>>
>>376595559
Niggah new vegas opens up basicly the second you enter new vegas. The game doesn't end when you get there for fucks sake.
>>
>>376595590
It literally takes 3 minutes to leave the Doctor's house in FNV. FO3's intro sequence is 20 minutes MINIMUM.
>>
>>376604884
you just proved my point then thanks
>>376604803
And you're right they are fun side quests, and the game is fun. But it I roleplay, heavy. It just seems wrong to go bounty hunting when I have a more important issue to deal with first, and I think that's why I can't get into the game because it ends when you finish the main quest.
>>
>>376594646
>It took me two or three tries to get trough on my very first playtrough.

You might just be bad at videogames OP.
>>
File: 1494431369929.jpg (18KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1494431369929.jpg
18KB, 500x479px
But who the fuck is kevin?
>>
>>376605324
AHHHHHHHHHH the moment you refuse to reply to a shitposter you lose WHEN WILL IT END AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: merely pretending.jpg (80KB, 600x894px) Image search: [Google]
merely pretending.jpg
80KB, 600x894px
>>376605226
>>
>get warned by some new people about Deathclaws on the road
>for fuck's sakes
>spot them a mile away, try and stealth past

heh mfw i cheesed and savescummed my way past them
>>
>>376605324
Roleplay a different kind of character, then?
>>
>>376604887
You can easily get fucked by mutants if you try to go up the path with the fallen high tension towers.
>>
>>376594646
weak. you can get past all of that. you just suck.
>>
>>376604967
If you think it's not a fact what I'm saying then keep living your own dream, I'm not waking you up anon
>>
Guys recommend your unique builds, like a speech build where you get all the speech perks or a melee build.
>>
>>376595504
IIRC in my first playthrough I could easily shit on deathclaws using rifles around mid-game. I never got close to end-game.
>>
>>376601495
>0 points in banter
>scrapper perk
>already have starter equipment so op in the first couple hours of the game that i dont need to buy or sell anything
>caps are fucking worthless to me
>>
im doing a gunslinger player through right now, no repairing allowed, only pistols, House and so far im having loads of fun

you really do have to put artificial restrictions on your character to get the most out of it, thinking of doing that retard of the wastes next
>>
File: Get a load of this guy.jpg (9KB, 182x200px) Image search: [Google]
Get a load of this guy.jpg
9KB, 182x200px
>>376605123
>angering the legion before you can even reach vegas
>>
>>376605954
i dont even know what i did to anger them
regardless thats bullshit, what are you even suppossed to do when it happens? start a new game?
>>
>>376605817
low intel runs are the best. the only issue is you're gonna be fucked if you dont level your skills correctly
>>
>>376606025
Go grab boone from novac. hes a crackshot that'll kill those assassins before you can see them. those that do survive are easily dispatched by you.
>>
>>376606025
did you have the sniper guy as buddy? Legion automatically aggros you if thats the case. even if he's parked somewhere
>>
>>376606096
i played new vegas years ago buddy
>>
>>376606159
then start a new game faggot
>>
>>376605370
I think its from redit. Fi
>>
>>376606209
i already played it three times
>>
File: path.png (1MB, 1154x1100px) Image search: [Google]
path.png
1MB, 1154x1100px
>>376605498
I'm not saying it can't happen, but I've never had a problem with it. This is a rough approximation of the path. There's no invisible wall there.
>>
>>376606296
play it a fourth time
>>
>>376606025
Grab E-DE and Boone and try doing some errands for the NCR guys at that one outpost next to the two statues in order to get a service rifle, it's breddy good starter gun.
>>
File: This_Machine_side.png (231KB, 920x280px) Image search: [Google]
This_Machine_side.png
231KB, 920x280px
Favorite gun?
>>
>>376606296
>4 endings
>3 playthroughs

Go fix your math buddy.
>>
>>376606025
>i dont even know what i did to anger them
You probably wore NCR faction armor or had Boone with you.
>>
>>376606449
>not leaving something unfinished so you can always tell yourself you have a reason to go back to it in the future
>>
>>376606302
I always head up the ramp and stick closer to the cliffside, sometimes Deathclaws will get up there but it only happened twice in like 20 playthroughs.
>>
>>376599648
Morrowind sends you off to the blades right away though
>>
File: glasses.gif (931KB, 351x197px) Image search: [Google]
glasses.gif
931KB, 351x197px
I like how to have a thread on /v/ about a game you have to shitpost.

Just kidding its really annoying. My image is porn so dont click it if you dont want to get fired dipshit.
>>
>>376597474
But that's the exact way a game is supposed to be designed, it has a set structure, but isn't directly holding you to the rails. It's the exact opposite of Bethesda's design philosophy that's a big mess but won't let you kill any character they deem important.
>>
You have to crouch to enable the stealthboy (which is pretty stupid).
>>
>>376600638
I hope you have a really bad day.
>>
>>376597474
i went straight to new vegas on my very first playthrough. the first thing i did after leaving the doc's house was open the world map and head to vegas. the first quest i completed was G.I. Blues. you are bad, your family is bad, and everyone else you know is bad.
>>
I have yet to visit jacobstown, find lily and Raul, finish all DLCs, join BoS and mod break the game with visual upgrades...
And a ton of other stuff and probably stuff I don't even know about
>>
>>376594646
>every fucking character in the game told me not to go to this dangerous place
>go there
>die

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>376608076
And in his first run no less, I understand trying to break the mold in subsequent runs when you better understand the mechanics but in the first fucking run you usually try to play the game how it's meant to be played.
>>
>>376608076
Retarded Oblivion/Skyrim/F3/F4 kids think "dont go here it's really dangerous" means "there is a bunch of loot here and some leveled enemies that you can deal with at level 1 with a healing item or two".
>>
>>376608390
I did the black mountain foothills skip my very first play of the game.
>>
>>376608624
Why though? I mean it's quite obvious you're meant to take the scenic route from the obstacles they place and the fact that there are so many high level skill checks in the northern region of the map.
>>
>>376608624
I did the same thing. I ended up on a tiny plateau surrounded by deathclaws and I couldn't damage them. I ended up just dropping a bunch of mines on them which crippled their legs, then I hopped over them and made a beeline for Vegas.
>>
>>376594646
>>376594842
Literally git gud. You can go anywhere but the Fort at any time. The game isn't leveled to you so if you go someplace hard it will be hard, but that just makes it more rewarding.
These days I normally go north and kill the killer bugs on the way. Cleared out Quarry Junction at level 2 as well with just my varmint rifle, boxing gloves and a fire axe.
>>
>>376608749
nobody expected new vegas to have an actual story, after fallout 3. most people i've spoken to, me included, made a beeline for the strip. i wanted to get rich, buy a bunch of guns and go exploring. i put maybe 50 or 60 hours into the game before i discovered primm.
>>
>>376608749
>Why though?
To get to Freeside and roll casinos with my 9 luck.
>>
>>376609205
But in your first run would you know this? I'm talking about what you did in your very first run through the game. For example I accidentally pissed off the NCR by going to Primm while wearing powder ganger armor had to kill a few of them to get away and ended up going House.
>>
>>376609464
How did I know Las Vegas would have casinos?
>>
>>376605226
I'm guessing it's for being a pacifist? Freeside is the only town (at least, that I can think off.) Were you get attacked by random thugs often.
>>
File: 18152097738_f20e81cc23_z.jpg (38KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
18152097738_f20e81cc23_z.jpg
38KB, 620x400px
>>376596802
>New Vegas is totally intact with fucking electricity and grass and fountains, hardly even looks like the apocalypse happens.

>I hate unique locations in my game to break the monotony, why isn't everything drab and lifeless, wah wah wah
>>
>>376606025
I somehow pissed off the NCR when I had only reached the mojave outpost. I think I accidentally hit a trooper in a firefight, but I honestly don't know. Nobody had turned hostile but when I loaded into a new area my rep went down and all the NCR treated me like a huge asshole. Few days later a ranger showed up when I was at the gas station near near Helios one threatening me if I didn't turn my rep around in 3 days. That was pretty fun desu, desperately running around to get my rep back up to mixed so I could avoid getting the rangers hunting me.
>>
>>376597670
/thread
>>
You're basically saying "I thought the game was X which I like, but it's Y which I dislike."

It's like you're trying to pass off your disappointment as criticism. That's fine and everything but what's the point?
>>
>>376600165
I killed the cazadors with explosives. If you put your mind to it and don't mind dying a few times a new player can skip the ring road. But most of the time they die twice get the Firelink Shrine graveyard syndrome and decide to just avoid the northern routes and go the long way.
>>
>>376594646
You can sun around the deathclaws with stealth and rock hopping.

FA NV gets off to a pretty rough start. I encourage you to get a damage increase add-on.
>>
>>376596542
not the games fault you're a retard with no sense of direction
>>
>>376598775
>utterly impossible legion and their "culture"
What are...

- ISIS
- Nazis
- North Korea
- USSR
- Sparta

?
>>
>>376609550
Can I actually play as a pacifist?
I remember Todd said you could in fallout 4 but I doubt that actually works
>>
File: 1494422796134.jpg (27KB, 591x448px) Image search: [Google]
1494422796134.jpg
27KB, 591x448px
>>376595297
I'm guessing you never played any fallout but 3, NV and 4.
>>
>>376597516
>can't detect the most obvious sarcasm
the only retard here is you senpai
>>
>>376594646
>>remember a stealthboy I got from Pleasant Springs
>>try using that and stealth past

it would help if you actually STARTED stealth by crouching you faggot.
>>
File: ASPARAGUS.jpg (13KB, 290x163px) Image search: [Google]
ASPARAGUS.jpg
13KB, 290x163px
>>376600473
>>376600517
I AM KEVIN!
>>
You can go past the gate you find after passing by the NCR prison and figure out the rest yourself.
>>
>>376612165
I think some guy called many a true nerd did a no kills run. Don't know if he used any glitches or not. He also did a kill everything run and one where he used no healing items.
>>
/v/ is so far up their own ass with new vegas because it runs on toasters that cant actually admit to the many negatives the game has. It is, at its core, basically slightly better fallout 3 after all. Go ahead /v/. List 5 negatives with new vegas. Its pretty easy, unless you are an obsidicuck.
>>
>>376595167
>junktown
>in fallout 2
>>
>>376613608
-You can get stuck if you jump into objects or try to "climb" things sometimes
-a few quests are bugged and can be messed up easily
-Vats glitches that can get you killed
-Dead bodies sometimes get stretched and twisted for some reason or appear stuck in the environment
-factions aren't really that helpful and you can usually just put on faction armor. Even then you can get your reputation reset later on.

What types of flaws are you thinking of?
>>
>>376613608
>List 5 negatives with new vegas.

- shitty, unstable bethesda engine
- bad graphics (due to bethesdas shitty engine)
- lack of qa (bethesda's job... they fucked up)
- unfinished areas/factions (time constraints by,
SURPRISE: bethesda)
- it also has this veryy ugly bethesda logo
ingame (you can fix it with mods! :) )
>>
>>376615664
>>
Play the game longer than 20 minutes and you can do whatever
>>
File: KarmaSystem.png (115KB, 637x454px) Image search: [Google]
KarmaSystem.png
115KB, 637x454px
>>376615802
You tell me, Todd!
>>
>>376616234
At least Fallout 4 will still get a sequel with a score of 84.
>>
>>376595579
Make it stop.
>>
File: Untitled.png (42KB, 255x113px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
42KB, 255x113px
>>376616985
forgot pic
>>
>>376596405
probably?
>>
File: OGTim.jpg (40KB, 600x252px) Image search: [Google]
OGTim.jpg
40KB, 600x252px
>>376616629
Just you wait, Todd, just you wait!
>>
File: 1493085156828.jpg (11KB, 354x217px) Image search: [Google]
1493085156828.jpg
11KB, 354x217px
>>376605954
>not killing lupus canis as soon as you find him
gotta start that melee hardcore mode somehow
>>
>>376617134
Oh, I am fucking ready.
>>
>>376617514
Todd, You really thought I'd came alone?
>>
>>376618140
>I do not enjoy killing, but when done righteously it's a chore, like any other
>>
>>376617216
see
>>376618879

Fucking latin furries!
Thread posts: 431
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.