[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Yfw Mass Effect is dead. Why bros? Mass Effect was THE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: sadliara.jpg (31KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
sadliara.jpg
31KB, 550x309px
>Yfw Mass Effect is dead.

Why bros?
Mass Effect was THE rpg that defined 7th gen.

How did it all go wrong?
>>
>>376592063
>How did it all go wrong?
I am gonna say the earliest sign was the marketing of ME2 and how they killed Shepard basically just as a hook to advertise the sequel.
>>
>>376592063
It really does charactarize the 7th gen of gaming.
Heralded as something big, mysterious, and open ended, middled with an alright blend of genres with good mechanics mixed in, and will end as this one is currently going, with flashy looks and dogshit conclusions.
>>
>Pander to SJWs
>Shit show that is ME3's ending

Those two things combined pretty much doomed the franchise. It is for the best honestly, now a new space rpg can happen.
>>
>THE rpg that defined the gen
No, that was Demon's or Dark Souls.

Only Mass Effect 1 and parts of 2 were any good and that was mostly due to Drew Karpyshyn's lore.
2 was already hit and miss and the seams were showing and 3 was a shit heap.
By that Citadel DLC every character was a caricature of themselves and BRs were hacking your account for multiplayer packs.
>>
>>376592063

>How did it all go wrong?

They put Mac Walters in charge and didn't pay Karpashyn to write an outline of the trilogy that would give it a satisfying ending as soon as it was apparent that ME1 was a hit.

On top of that EA bought the company and drove away most of the talent that worked on ME1 and ME2.
>>
>>376592063
And I am happy about this. Finally they will stop raping a dead corpse
>>
>>376592063
>Died with Andromeda instead of ME3
Pretty good outcome desu since I think Andromeda is a decent game.
>>
>>376592063
>Mass Effect is dead
Good riddance. Another game series that couldn't keep a consistent identity dies out once again.
>>
Can anyone give me a non-meme explanation for why the ME3 ending is considered so bad?

I played it, and it actually was fairly ok. It wasn't great, but it certainly didn't feel as bad as most people say. What am I missing?
>>
Skyrim defined the 7th gen. Sorry my dude.
>>
For me the direction of the series was obvious from the transition between 1 and 2. Without going into too much detail, basically instead of improving parts of the game (mako, inventory, etc) they just scrapped them.
>>
>>376592063
>How did it all go wrong
Mass Effect 2
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.