[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Excuse me, but this thread is reserved for games with 11/10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Quake1cover.jpg (18KB, 250x290px) Image search: [Google]
Quake1cover.jpg
18KB, 250x290px
Excuse me, but this thread is reserved for games with 11/10 art direction.
>>
Quake's art direction was 9/10 at best.
>>
Brown isn't an art direction
>>
Im going to have to enthusiastically agree with you OP. One of the few games i replay yearly, still love it just as much as ever
>>
>>376586867
Do you like Quake 2 as well? I do.
>>
>>376586867
Whats a good way to play it on a modern PC? Assuming there are just source ports like Doom has.
>>
File: wieder.jpg (77KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wieder.jpg
77KB, 1024x768px
Everything about quake is amazing from the ambiance to the gameplay. And of course, the art direction as you so graciously pointed out OP
>>
>>376587007
>he plays the source ports
you should feel bad
>>
it gets boring in the long run though
>>
>>376586981

Yea i do, although i enjoy the combat and movement more in the original

Oh man, my dad bought me QOOLE on cd rom, which was a level editor for early ID games and i loved the quake 2 sci fi aesthetics. I made a conveyor belt maze with moving lasers and all sorts of cool shit. I rember the lighting effects in that game blew my mind at the time. Hard to believe i did that in grade school.

I really should commit to designing and finishing a map or two
>>
File: 1454876916817.png (2MB, 800x3848px) Image search: [Google]
1454876916817.png
2MB, 800x3848px
>>376587007
Quakespasm
>>
File: 56767898.jpg (55KB, 564x625px) Image search: [Google]
56767898.jpg
55KB, 564x625px
>>376586391
team fortress 2 is the only thing close, quake is a hodgepodge of random shit because that is exactly what it is. you cannot say that it is perfect
>>
>>376586981
I like the idea of strogg where they take organics and grind them up to make evil cyborgs and shit. But Quake 1 had a great enemy variety.
>>
>>376592164
>Going through the processing plant in Q2
Spooky shit seeing people on conveyor belts getting ground up into paste for Strogg food.
>>
I like Doom's brighter colors more tee bee aych
>>
>>376586391
quake has coool style but gameplay is OVERRATED AND WEAK
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.