[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Homefront: TR launches with serious game breaking bugs and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

>Homefront: TR launches with serious game breaking bugs and gets negative reviews.
>"So glad I didn't buy that broken and shit game."
>Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 launches with game breaking bugs including a save wipe issue and gets negative reviews.
>"Who cares? Shit game from a shit developer."
>Prey launches with game breaking bugs including a save corruption issue and gets negative reviews.
>"IT'S A CONSPIRACY! THIS GAME DESERVES A HIGHER SCORE EVEN THOUGHT IT FUCKED THE REVIEWER'S SAVES AND THEN FUCKED THE REPLACEMENT SAVES ARKANE SENT OUT."
People don't care about games getting "unfair" reviews over technical issues until a game they personally like is offended.
>>
>>376584804
its fucking mind blowing isn't it?
>>
You know the cute girl with cerebral palsy trying to cook? That's Prey (2017). We defend her because she's trying her best!
>>
>>376584804
the ign reviewer is literally the only instance ive heard of someone having that bug, i bet he made it up. prove he didnt.
>>
>>376584948
prey isn't trying anything, it's a fucking cash grab, stop defending dogshit
>>
File: 1987984.jpg (159KB, 1191x343px) Image search: [Google]
1987984.jpg
159KB, 1191x343px
>>376584804
>/v/
>not biased

Pick one.
>>
File: shills among us.jpg (1MB, 2761x1552px) Image search: [Google]
shills among us.jpg
1MB, 2761x1552px
>shills exist

No fucking shit
>>
File: 1490497336571.png (432KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490497336571.png
432KB, 480x480px
>>376584804
>game made by publisher who stopped sending press copies to journos gets lower score than ones that did get sent press copies.

Prey might be shit, but far shittier got 7/10s at best.
>>
>>376584981
They just released a beta patch to fix it.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/480490/announcements/detail/1296319532120777013

The beta patch also fixes the second game breaking bug where the game just starts crashing every time you try to enter the Lobby.

The interesting thing is that all three CryEngine FPS games -- Homefront, SGW3, and Prey -- released in the past year have the same problems. They always get fixed with patches, though.

These issues are "rare", sure, but that's no comfort to literally thousands of people who've run into a game breaking bug. If Prey hadn't flopped on consoles, the reports would be more widespread.
>>
>>376585159
Dishonored 2 got glowing reviews despite also having a review embargo. The difference is Dishonored 2 didn't have game breaking save corruption bugs.
>>
>>376585362
instead, it got one of the worst optimization since batman arkham knight
>>
>>376585984
Nonsense. Also, Arkham Knight ran fine on consoles. Prey mostly runs fine on consoles, too, but it has dips. Dishonored 2 on PC has an odd juddering, and typical id tech 5 performance issues, but it's otherwise fine.
>>
It's probably due to how likely you are to get those bugs which affects how well known it is. This thread is the first I've heard of it and it deserves to be discussed more so people know what they're getting for their money. In the case of Homefront and SGW3, everyone who plays it are greeted with bad performance and shitty bugs like events not triggering and invisible enemies so it's no wonder it's much more well known and discussed by the players.
>>
>>376586248
I think the bigger difference is people actually played SGW3 and Homefront.
>>
>>376584804
Because games are not created equal, anon. Is this really news to you?
>>
>>376586407
I was always under the impression that Prey at least is doing better than those two games ever did. Homefront flew under the radar as soon as performance issues started to crop up in forums and shit and SGW3 never seemed to pick up momentum at all. Even the open beta a few months back didn't seem to have many people participating.
>>
>>376586506
All CryEngine FPS games are created equally buggy, it seems.
>>
>>376586594
Prey seems to have completely tanked on consoles. General audiences aren't interested in it at all.
>>
>>376584804
>prey with game breaking bugs.
What bugs?
Nearly finished with the game and the only I noticed that was weird was audio clips repeating themselves until I opened my inventory and a medical service bot clipping in a table.
>>
>>376586704
>Important objects falling through the floor, breaking quests.
>Game crashing when travelling between areas.
>Game refusing to load saves, complaining that they are for a different version of the game.

The save issues are very similar to how Homefront behaved at launch.
>>
>>376586685
That's pretty pathetic, honestly. What happened? I heard that the PS4 version has weird input lag and shit but nothing else. I'm surprised that it's doing so badly considering we're in that period of drought where there aren't that many new AAA games coming out for a while.
>>
>>376584804
>dat feel when Homefront TR is now a damn good game, but no one will play it again

Devs did outdid themselves with post release updates and fixes.
>>
I had a bug where I couldn't load into a zone without crashing, was only 4 hours in so I started a new game. Finished without any other bugs, some people got unlucky though.

That said, Prey is an excellent game, and bugs won't take that away. TR is a very mediocre game, both in terms of story and gameplay, so regardless of any bugs it had it was just poor to average.

Sniper, I never played and I won't ever play any of those games so no opinion there.

Arkham Knight had a far worse launch, as did Dishonored 2 and both of those games are fantastic. Again, your argument is shit because bugs don't automatically make the game itself bad.
>>
>>376586853
>That's pretty pathetic, honestly. What happened?

Weak and confused marketing.
>>
>>376586853
>That's pretty pathetic, honestly. What happened?
Audiences want co-op, lots of action, and games that look good on Twitch. The Twitch thing is really important. If a game looks boring while a youtuber plays it, it will struggle.

Alien: Isolation sold poorly until steep discounts. Mankind Divided sold quite poorly. This genre of game is not very popular anymore and console audiences in particular don't really like them. It's a huge shame because Prey is easily GOTY.
>>
>>376586918
>Arkham Knight had a far worse launch
Arkham Knight was flawless on consoles.

Prey is getting mediocre reviews even from people who didn't encounter any bugs, so maybe the game has deeper problems that are reflected in its poor sales.
>>
Bethesda shills LITERALLY infest /v/.

Fuck nuPrey
Fuck Bethesda
Fuck Arkane

Press s to spit on Prey

s
>>
>>376587017
You mean on TV or something? Websites have been having banners of this game for a month prior to release, I think.

>>376587098
Seems reasonable. I don't put any time or consideration at all into these Twitch celebs or whatever but, no doubt, they don't hold a pretty big sway on the younger audiences. It's a shame that so many customers are playing games to 'fit in' to those crowds rather than playing them to have personal fun these days.
>>
>>376586870
They did an astounding job considering the game was a major disappointment sales-wise for an open world game in development for 4-5 years, but there are a few issues that were too deep rooted to easily patch -- such as AI patrol behavior. Also, an auto-save system with no manual save is just asking for trouble. Good game, though. It'll always be divisive, though, because it looks like a Far Cry game yet rejects a lot of the design ideas behind Far Cry, leaving Far Cry fans feeling pissed off.

Prey's advantage is that its primary audience is people who like games like System Shock. Prey flopping elsewhere has paradoxically helped it on Steam because the people buying it on Steam know what they're getting.

The new Sniper Ghost Warrior looks interesting, I must say. I bought Prey instead, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on it as the developers patch the issues.
>>
>>376587167
>Prey is getting mediocre reviews even from people who didn't encounter any bugs, so maybe the game has deeper problems that are reflected in its poor sales.

Prey's problems are technical and modern audience. I read and watched some of the reviews

>game is so fucking difficult because it doesn't give you enough ammo to fight enemies or they're not worth it
>also says says recycler is useless busywork when that's how you're supposed to fabricate ammo/health if you''re deadset on fighting everything

People don't know how to play Prey because they either A) expect a straight up shooter or full-time stealth game. Game is neither of those things and that's what marketing failed to convey.
>>
Gotta say it's pretty amazing what Arkane have done with CryEngine. Seemingly every object in the game remains where you leave if you come back hours later.
>>
>>376587603
I wonder if people today would have the same complaints about Bioshock.
>>
>>376587835
You can't die in Bioshock.
>>
>>376587835
Who knows. Bioshock mostly got praised for its story and "twist," as well as the atmosphere and detailed world.

Honestly, Prey is a fantastic game in all of those regards as well, maybe not quite as great as Bioshock was in its time, but it's close.

This game just isn't for the braindead underage gen-z children that play video games and require everything to be spoonfed to them.

Makes me sad, because this game is a gem to me, my favorite type of single player, atmospheric and story-driven game and it likely won't sell well enough to deliver a sequel. Dishonored was a cult hit and did well enough for one, but I doubt Prey will. I just hope it gets some DLC or something to wrap up the story.
>>
>>376588047
I worry for Arkane if both Dishonored 2 and Prey do poorly
>>
>>376588175
Did DH2 do poorly? I never saw sales figures or anything.

The story for DH isn't finished yet either... well maybe for Corvo it is.
>>
>>376588175
>>376588297
Also, I'm kinda shocked we still don't have any DH2 DLC missions. The first game's DLC was so fucking good, lengthy and worth the money.
>>
File: Dlc_screen.jpg (454KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Dlc_screen.jpg
454KB, 1600x900px
>>376588352
I'm pretty sure they're working on DLC. After all Dishonored 2 was made by a different team. Maybe they didn't want to announce anything until they've patched the game first purely for some positive PR? I know the firs game's DLC was pretty much announced in the same month it released or so.
>>
>>376588175
it's staggering the way both dishonored 2 and deus ex: mankind divided both got such mixed responses. I guess "original, but improved" doesn't really cut it anymore for game sequels and people expect more radical differences.
>>
>>376588930
Mankind Divided was great, but it was so fucking short, and the story had a cliffhanger that just ended way too suddenly. Also, the reduced scope of the game was clearly shown. Prague was awesome, and superbly detailed and I loved exploring it, but it was still a tiny fucking hubworld and that was it. The entire game was Prague and about 3 other locations that were missions only. They could have at least made Utulek it's own hub, but the game was obviously rushed out, even with all the extensions they had.

I blame square enix, they obviously forced them to split the story and make it shorter, and now they aren't even working on a sequel because of that shit. So because of Square fucking once again, we have to probably wait another five fucking years for another half baked story.

Fuck Square Enix, fuck them so much. Also, Breach was so fucking tacked on and shitty, fuck them for making the devs waste resources on that garbage.
>>
>>376584804
>"So glad I didn't buy that broken and shit game."

I can relate to, but at the end i loved Homefront TR with all the DLCs and bugfixes.

Is one of those times that when you wait to get the full experience in one go.
>>
>>376589336
I don't understand why so many modern games have a "broken now, will be broken forever" attitude. It's like they want the game to stay broken to reinforce their hatred or overt disinterest in a game.

"Why is it bad?"

"Because it's broken."

"Okay, we fixed it guys. Hope you enjoy our game."

"Pfft, who cares? It's a generic game that I don't care about. Plus it's over 3 months old and therefore nobody cares anymore."

You can't win with these people.
>>
>>376589686
Usually when a game makes a bad first impression, it's hard to find a reason to go back to it later on. It's cool that Homefront is working fine now and all, I've even been hearing good things about the DLC missions but I played it when it was shit and broken and the interest is just no longer there. Maybe one day, when I have no backlog anymore and nothing to play, I'll be interested in it enough to buy the whole thing. But for now, no thanks. I simply have other things to play.
>>
>>376589686
You answered yourself.

>Plus it's over 3 months old and therefore nobody cares anymore

With so many new game releases no one has the time to wait for months until the game is fixed. By that point it's already old news. Although, this is really more of a console problem when first couple of weeks of sales will make or break a game. PC releases have much longer tail sales with discounts and whatnot.
>>
>>376586815
Thank god I was lucky, didn't get any bug during my 30h run.
Will wait for a patch before continuing my 2nd playthrough.
>>
>>376591129
My runs were bug free too. Honestly the game runs great.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.