[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal of this game? Genuine question because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10

File: 880985.jpg (157KB, 900x738px) Image search: [Google]
880985.jpg
157KB, 900x738px
What's the appeal of this game? Genuine question because so many people are currently playing it
>>
File: based fucking lirik.gif (2MB, 810x540px) Image search: [Google]
based fucking lirik.gif
2MB, 810x540px
idk i like watching it being streamed by my favorite streamer pic related
>>
>>376583231
Not OP, but what's the appeal of streamers?
>>
>>376582769
The adrenaline rushes you get when you hear footsteps, a voice or nearby gunshots.
>>
>>376583301
they give me (yous) only when i give them money and they act as my surrogate friend since i have none
>>
>>376582769

I don't know. The optimization is so godawful that I can't enjoy whatever appeal there is
>>
Fun deathmatch game in a large world and with plenty of chances for emergent gameplay due to the shrinking area and needing to scavenge equipment yourself. Don't think it's worth $30 though. Hopefully it drops to maybe $15 at some point while people are still playing it.
>>
Really good time when you coordinate with teammates to try and flank other groups or set up ambushes around areas you know people are going to pass. Also looking like it's going to actually have consistent updates to it unlike DayZ which still isn't fucking out or H1Z1.

Optimization is ass right now, but that's to be expected for an unfinished game.
>>
>>376583589
This.
Didn't really seem like I'd be into it, but a group of my friends talked me into buying it. Not worth $30 but it's become a game I spend a lot of time playing with friends and it has allowed for some incredible moments. Hopefully it'll drop down in price because it's buggy as fuck and just all around very unfinished (early access). $15 is the MAXIMUM you should consider paying.
>>
Basically the hunger games style gameplay?
Jump into an area with no weapons and scramble to find them and survive
+shrinking/changing play area
+artillery strikes
>>
Really hoping one of the two other maps they're working on right now has more overall cover across the island. Too many open areas which just result in sniper fights by the end
>>
>>376583369
Pretty much this. Millennials don't know how to make real friends so they just watch pretend ones instead.
>>
>>376584037
>Millennials

Has that just become the go-to work for 'people I don't like?'
>>
>>376582769
The basic appeal of this game is that faggots who don't make money or work for a living can do one thing better than those who do.

>play PUBG 40 hours a week
>get 6-12 kills in a game
>get super excited about 4x and 8x scopes
>pussy is 5/10 at best

>work after college for 40 hours a week
>100k income after 4 years of effort
>super excited when you get a day off to play games with your friends not caring about winning or losing
>pussy is 9+/10

decisions decisions
>>
>>376583887
One of them is a desert with a big city like Baghdad and two minor/medium towns
>>
>>376583231

>lirik

neck yourself will ya
>>
File: 1493344149386.jpg (133KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1493344149386.jpg
133KB, 728x546px
>>376584316
>wagecucks
>>
>>376584189

most people on this site are millenials
>>
>>376584189
That is literally what generational naming is for
>>
>>376582769
Streamer/Youtube cancer and the wave of teens that follow, probably.
>>
>>376584189
That anon is right in this case, it´s mostly millennials that watch streamers but it´s generally a meme and most people don´t even know what a millennial is
>>
>>376582769
>Groups from 1-4
>Air drop wherever you want and search for weapons
>Map gradually gets smaller and kills you if you stay outside
>Last one alive wins
I play the exact same game mode in Arma 3 and I'm not paying $30 to do the same thing but battle Royal is a fun game mode
>>
>>376583231
Underage faggot. Leave
>>
good thing that the one and only PLAYERUNKNOWN(tm) copyrighted the genre and we won't see this drivel made non stop like mobas.
>>
>>376584037
We don't know how to make friends because we're too busy saving the human race
>>
>>376582769
If you can understand the appeal of this game, you're probably too young to be posting here.
>>
>>376584189
I've seen it mostly used to describe people born in the early 90s to early 2000s i.e. teenagers to 20-somethings
>>
>>376584554
>he didnt realize NEETs are a meme and gave up his life
>>
File: IMG_0478.jpg (52KB, 480x391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0478.jpg
52KB, 480x391px
>>376584037
>I'm edgy and hate people who aren't me.
>>
>>376583301
Friend simulator for the most pathetic of virgins
>>
>>376585402

Late 90s to early 2000s falls under Gen Z though
>>
>>376585402
Funny thing is, millennials are people who were born before Y2K, so yes it does include people from the 90's, but also people from the early 80's.
>>
>>376585609
What if I tell you 4chan is a text streaming site
>>
>>376583301
just something to watch while eating if I cant find anything on youtube for me
>>
>>376583231
fuck off falseflagger

>>376584037
replace millennials with weebs and you're 100% correct
>>
dont know but i like watching pflax play it
personally id never buy it
>>
>>376582769
It's hunger games bro
>>
>>376584037
If you're not a millenial, then you're either too young or too old to post on this board. My guess is that you're on the wrong side of 30, which is fucking laughable. Loser.
>>
File: excuseme.png (112KB, 197x228px) Image search: [Google]
excuseme.png
112KB, 197x228px
>>376584037
And who do you think is responsible for millennials inheriting such shit qualities?
>>
>>376587397
The same people who fucked over everyone else, when they had everything handed to them on a silver platter? Yeah, sounds about right.
>>
>>376582769
Getting together with some friends to operate together with nonshit gunplay.
>>
>>376585521
Not him, but am millennial and find that millennials (and p much everyone myself included) are terrible. Got sick of putting in the effort so I'm just gonna jack my wang for a couple years and see how things change.
>>
>>376582769
Stealth, risk vs reward, big playercount/map, servicable guns, etc.

It's just fun making a mad dash to do anything to survive for 15 minutes until you're the last one alive.
>>
>>376583231
jackfrags is pretty good. he has a lot of gameplay videos with him and other people. it gave me a good introduction to the game and helped me make up my mind to purchase it
>>
I'm a really long-time fan of OFP/ArmA, literally since the day of release in 2001, and I reckon Battlegrounds is a fun game. What I don't understand is how something that requires a lot of patience and some good tactical decision making, as well as good team-work if you're doing a group match, is so popular. There's a hell of a lot of not doing much while constantly being stressed about when the next bullet is going to whizz past your head - or into it - and not a whole lot of quick-reward action happening, and character cosmetics are (currently) entirely worthless as you can acquire all of them except the hip bag and preorder jacket in the round.

So yeah, why is it so popular? Is it just because its chaotic nature allows streamers to cherrypick some really good parts for their videos?
>>
File: 1487187524241.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487187524241.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>376583231
quality bait
>>
>>376590306
The games are pretty short. It's not a long term team based game or anything, and you don't even have to play in a team. The size of the map is also constantly getting smaller, forcing you to move and creating conflict as people meet. So you do have some quick-reward action actually.
>>
>>376582769
its round based day z without the garbage zombies
>>
>>376582769
It is Early access so beware. Same dude who did the Arma BR mod and left the shit show that is h1z1. Game is popular with streamers. It's fun to play with friends. Fun overlooks the bugs at the moment in my opinion. Devs are pretty active. Playing solo sucks a whole lot of dick though. You sit in a house for 20 minutes to get killed or get one kill and die right after. 30 bucks may be steep for this game, but it's worth it in its state if you ask me, but only if you play with friends. It will go into the microtransaction shit though, so if you don't like that welp
>>
Are you fags unironically saying Lirik is bad streamer? Wew lad. kys asap
>>
play a round with a friend, and you will no longer have such questions
>>
>>376584316
>having a job affects the quality of the pussy
>>
File: battleroyale.jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
battleroyale.jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
>>376583786
>Hunger Games
>not Battle Royale
your new is showing
>>
>>376591063
I haven't watched/read Battle Royale in a while but I don't remember the battlefield shrinking in it. I don't know anything about the Hunger Games though so I don't know if it does it in that either.
>>
File: br.jpg (515KB, 1600x1162px) Image search: [Google]
br.jpg
515KB, 1600x1162px
>>376591142
it happens in both except Battle Royale came out in 2003 and Hunger Games came out in 2008. COINCIDENCE!?
>>
>>376585732
80's fags HATE that fact and deny it up and down forever
>>
>>376582769

Its a shooter moba

People will get butthurt and deny this but its 100% the truth
Once you see past the conceptual and surface details it becomes quite obvious
>>
>$30
>early access
>entire game about one multiplayer game mode
>buggy
>microtransactions in the future
It won't go that far. Remember DayZ?
>>
>>376591142
It doesn't shrink, it is split into squares and when no one dies in an hour or something like that the island gets bombed. God I wish they made an anime from the source material already
>>
Shill.
https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/880985/
>>
>>376592036
They made both a movie and a manga.
>>
>>376591746
I didn't realize that MOBAs acted on the game mode of deathmatch.
>>
>>376591746
>Moba
Man you idiots sure like to slap moba onto everything.
>>
>>376592160
a new manga? I read the old one. The movie was aaalright but you don't get the same emotions and possibilities from a real life movie than from a Anime (if its an adaptation)
>>
>>376591746
but there are no npcs
>>
>>376589435
The answer is not at all, except you're now even further behind. Get your shit together sooner rather than later.
>>
>>376590306
You can be a shitter and sneak by everyone while the map closes and watch everyone kill each other. Teams with good players who secured a good area generally wins, but the map shrinkage forces everyone to eventually encounter each other or die by out of bounds.
>>
>>376592216
>>376592234
>>376592272

typical brainlets who can't see past the surface of something

PUBG has the same kind of structure as mobas

first of all its a team game (there is a solo mode but everybody knows team mode is the main one that people take seriously)
you queue up with your relatively small team of 4 in a matchmaking system
the beginning of the match is characterized by slowly "farming" up gear so you're well equipped to handle the later stages of the match
the middle of the match is characterized by movement to a secure location and defense of that location ideally no or only small conflicts occur
the final stage of a match is characterized by aggressive plays or "teamfights" which ultimately decide who wins the match
the most important skills when it comes to winning a match are 1. Teamwork and 2. Learning the map because these things lead to efficient movement around the map and having control over encounters
pure mechanical skill is important but its not the be-all end-all
matches typically last 30-40 minutes at most lending well to the addictive "one more match" nature of the game

its all fucking there
you can say its not a moba all you want but all I know is people play it the exact same way because its more than close enough
I say this because I have plenty of experience with both
>>
>>376593329
That's a lot of words for "it's fucking deathmatch".
>>
>>376593329
So it's a death match? Ok.
>>
>>376593638
>>376594239

ha you guys are even dumber than I expected

first of all you mean team deathmatch

but here's what you're probably not understanding though and another thing that makes PUBG so much like a moba
neither in mobas nor in PUBG is KDR the ultimate factor that decides who wins
it is certainly an important correlating statistic in both games but it is NOT EVER the condition for winning a match
in mobas you win by destroying the enemies base
in PUBG you win by being the last team alive in the final circle
please just take a second to notice how neither one of these win conditions involve getting the most kills in a match
PUBG is not a deathmatch
>>
>>376594509
It's deathmatch with no respawning. There are other games with this game mode. You sure are trying awfully hard at this, anon.
>>
>>376594593

if PUBG is a deathmatch with no respawning fine
then MOBAs are a deathmatch with respawning
it really doesn't matter what you call it
both games are still about objectives that don't explicitly involve killing the opposing teams
hell in PUBG kills matter EVEN LESS than in mobas so I don't know what you guys are really trying to say
ideally in PUBG you don't even want to fight at all until the final circle
>>
>>376594509
>in order to win:
>1. You/your team are the last ones alive
>2. Everyone but you/your team is dead

its a deathmatch
>>
>>376594840
Deathmatch with respawning means that kills matter. Deathmatch without respawning means you have to be the last person alive. The objective of MOBAs isn't either of these. That's like saying that capture the flag is deathmatch. It is objectively not.
>>
>PUGB is
>a Multiplayer game
>an Online game
>Battle focused
>within an Arena (the island)

PUGB is a MOBA
>>
>>376595185
It however isn't an ASSFAGGOTS.
>>
Well OP changed image's name and his stupid phrase to get a bunch of guaranteed replies,sadly was not smart enough to stop shilling for this pos
>>
>>376594593
Sorry, but you can only get a win message from being the last one alive. If you ever get one from accumulating a certain number of kills, let us know, cause that's the only way you'll ever be right. Battle Royale games are survival games. Tough shit if you guys are too stupid to only shoot the last guy/team alive.
>>
File: svlhlvdpapuy.jpg (81KB, 616x960px) Image search: [Google]
svlhlvdpapuy.jpg
81KB, 616x960px
>>376582769
High stakes.
You only get one life and it is all mind games and accuracy so it takes a bit of skill.
It is pretty much the perfect streaming game, hence why it is so popular.
>>
>>376594924
Nope. Death matches of every variety have a score or kill counter you must get to. Since you can win Battle Royale games without getting a single kill, they are objectively disqualified from being deathmatches. They are survival games, and nothing else. Not DM, not TDM, not MOBAs, none of that shit.
>>
>>376595185
Multiple Orgasms, Both Anal?
>>
>>376594924
>>376594945

like I said call it whatever you want its just a name
even if I say PUBG is a deathmatch and mobas are not its not gonna change the fact that when actually playing it they're the same exact same thing in people's minds even if they can't make that connection themselves
>>
got it yesterday, got to 2nd place....furthest i ever got....he camped the little hut and i didn't know you could blow open the door, so he used his auto shotgun and killed me.

so fucking close

the game gives me this rush and I don't know why I like being surprised being shot in the open.
>>
It basically condenses the looting aspects of survival games, which was the last big boom, and focuses on the PVP which used to take several hours to get to and has less running around trying to find people as the circle brings people together. Big map, big playercount, circle allows you to have drastically different games and you might have to change your plan just seeing the circle spawn far away. Killing/dying also has weight since you basically spent minutes looting all the shit and running around so if you kill someone or die, you basically just killed 10-20 minutes of their real life.

Its less of a wonder of why these games got popular, and more why AAA MP shooters got stale and boring as fuck. The moment AAA publishers try to release one of these games, the bubble bursts and only 1 will be left standing. These games require high player bases to keep queues low, and high player counts which is probably not happening as AAA publishers 100% will want the game on consoles.

It ""could"" work, a 50 man BR game with a medium/small map but who knows if its feasible since its also quite risky.
>>
>>376582769

Fuck you shill

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/880985.jpg
>>
>>376582769
flavour of the month meme game
>>
>>376586216
I love how Sips is somehow a golden god at the game.
>>
File: 732127343.png (117KB, 320x263px) Image search: [Google]
732127343.png
117KB, 320x263px
>>376593329
>>376594509
>Last Man Standing TDMs are now MOBAs

Wow thank you anon for enlightening us with your intelligence, I tip my fedora in your direction.
>>
>>376582769
Gameplay that fallout should have been
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.