[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is objectively the more difficult game? let's put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: DemonsSoulsVSDarkSouls.jpg (53KB, 490x210px) Image search: [Google]
DemonsSoulsVSDarkSouls.jpg
53KB, 490x210px
Which is objectively the more difficult game? let's put moon grass farming aside and playing under normal conditions. For me I would say Demon's souls. It was even less forgiving and it spaced out the boss doors way further than dark souls did and I don't think there was anywhere to sell/get rid of items for souls. At least DS1 had that option.
>>
Demon's souls's boss's can be cheesed. And even if the man eater fight was one of the more difficult boss's of DeS nothing compares to Smough and Oreinstien and the bed of shit.
>>
File: 5yPsWb0.jpg (186KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
5yPsWb0.jpg
186KB, 500x600px
Demon's without a doubt.

>item weight capacity
>false idol ressurector
>black world tendency
>hardest NPC fights
>flamelurker
>yurt killing people
>one of the final bosses can steal a level

Another bit: DS1 halved your health on few occassions. It sure sucked when it happened, but not anywhere near as sucky as not knowing the cling ring existed in DeS.

DS1 had some more polished and amazing fights DeS had world 5. As a whole it's a lot more challenging and bullshit.
>>
File: niggasright.png (2MB, 1146x856px) Image search: [Google]
niggasright.png
2MB, 1146x856px
>>376583128
>>
>>376583128
what did black world tendancy do?

also why have they tried to shut down the servers for this game like 6 times.
>>
If you're playing Souls because of difficulty, you are a faggot. That was never what the games were about.
>>
>>376583367
Increases enemy hit points
Increase enemy damage output
Adds black phantom enemies
Decrease player character HP in soul form

From has tried many times to kill Demon's servers because it costs them money to run, but even to this day there's enough people playing to warrant keeping them running.
>>
File: 6n5aIH0.png (253KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
6n5aIH0.png
253KB, 500x700px
>>376583619
>>376583367

The best part is the black level gets increased if you die in human form.
>>
DeS. Health reduction on death, longer and thus longer runbacks to bosses. Too bad every world except 1 ends with a gimmick.

>>376583486
If the games weren't difficult, they'd never impart satisfaction.
>>
>>376583776
It really was foolish to tie world tendency to the online median. Any time I wanted to do a pure black or white event I had to play offline. I'd have rather just lowered my world tendency by losing in PvP than having to suicide.
>>
>>376583619
wow this game is fucking brutal. where do I get the healthregen shield?
>>
Does armor do ANYTHING in any of the souls games? it's such bullshit how useless it is.
>>
>>376584086
It's guarded by a black skeleton on the 2nd floor of the building in 4-1 behind the vanguard demon.
>>
>>376584379
I just beat the tower knight should I try to go for that shield as a begginer at this game.
>>
>>376584476
Sure man. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Just don't get upset if the rolling skeletons get you a few times. You may need to just be okay with it being a suicide run. Honestly most people would suggest moving onto 2-1 and then 2-2 because the areas are slightly easier and after that you can get boss weapons, but play it however you want famalam.
>>
>>376584243
Armor is OP in dark souls 1
>>
>>376584243
Upgrade it.
>>
>>376584795
yeah I managed to get to firelurker but that was a long time ago. he was so hard I couldn't beat him I know there's a shield called purple shield or something that can resist fire? maybe I should use that against him again.
>>
>>376584917
All you got with heavier armor in DS1 was better poise which didn't mean jack shit in DS1 because everything still basically does the same amount of damage and the difference is negligible.
>>
>>376585138
It may not help much. Flamelurker hits so hard he'll just eat through your stamina if you try to block. He's one of the toughest fights in the game because of his speed and aggression. He can be cheesed a few ways though. Magic absolutely murders him, and his pathfinding is staggeringly retarded so you can get him stuck on one side of the set of bones at the entrance to the room while you stand on the other side and throw stuff at him or shoot him.
>>
>>376582521

Any ancientfags here?

Shadowgate for NES. No walkthroughs, no guides.

Also, catchy music. That shit gave me more problems than anything else I can think of
>>
>>376582521

>Let's put aside one of the main things that completely discredits my argument

Why even make the post then?
>>
>>376585236
I don't get how damage amounts matter with poise, it's more about how quickly enemies can combo. Poise means you can muscle through an attack and kill an enemy before it can follow through and kill you.
>>
>>376582521
I've played both and Demon's Souls is generally much easier, though it does have the occasional difficulty spike (False King Allant). Most of DeS's bosses are about understanding the gimmick, not understanding their attack patterns or reflexes or anything like that. And while DeS is more punishing with death (half HP + having to do more of the area over again) because of grass it's easier to ram your head against everything. And it's not like Bloodborne where most enemies are autistic spergs that take half your health with every hit. Most DeS enemies are pushovers.
>>
>>376583619
And yet I can't find anyone at the beginning of stonelurker...
>>
>we will never get demon's souls HD.
>>
>>376585965
so if I upgrade Havel's armor I could basically be a walking tank who can't be knocked over?
>>
>>376582521
Interesting. I think it's Dark Souls because you died so much faster. Whenever you die, it's because you fucked up one thing, you got hit twice, and that was it.

Demon's Souls felt a lot more forgiving in that respect. Not just because you have functionally infinite healing items, but because it felt like the game was balanced around having half health in phantom form. With the cling ring or being human, you're actually pretty tanky, even without armor since it's worthless anyway.
>>
>>376585236
Poise was actually useful in 1 though, it made fights like Gwyn, Four Kings, O&S, and Manus a breeze. The fights I had the most trouble with were the ones that punished stacking poise like Artorias and Kalameet
>>
>>376586002
DS3 and bloodbourne are hard because they're much faster and I don't think ds1/DeS players were used to that sort of speed. Shields pretty much became useless in DS3 and poise is treated as a joke.

I think old souls players needed to adapt. I used to think DS1 was harder than 2 but 2 is harder for all the wrong reasons of the fucking copy and pasted enemies where as DS1 for the most part was fair.

Demon's souls is so fucking brutal though.
>>
>>376586242
You need to be quick rolling and the damage reduction from armor isn't noticable. If you get knocked over you have i frames and can quickly evade once you get up. Even with highpoise you can still be staggered so even then it's not worth it.

Honestly if you're taking the game seriously you should go naked but if you want to play for fashion use heavy armor.
>>
>>376582521
Does NG+ count? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but DeS NG+ was absurd. I would get one shot in 1-2. I eventually cloned a bunch of souls and got to soul level 200+ and that still didn't help much. Never beat NG+.
>>
>>376586460
git
>>
>>376586165
Havel set can't be upgraded in DaS1 but yeah, kinda. You can't just sit there and mash R1 all day against stuff with a lot of health though.
>>
Iframes were really broken in DS1 and made it way too easy to evade shit.
>>
File: 2770233-9913215536-14199.jpg (64KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
2770233-9913215536-14199.jpg
64KB, 480x600px
>want to wield Havel's shield
>50 points in strength

Nigga I ain't doing all that shit.
>>
who /heavy armor/ /halberd/ /towershield/ /chunky/ here?
>>
>>376586787
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.