[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm kinda reconsidering my opinion over this one. Vanilla

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (38KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
38KB, 460x215px
I'm kinda reconsidering my opinion over this one. Vanilla is pretty alright even though itemization in early game is fucking shit it gets better later. I still prefer the other games of the genre but it isn't that bad.
What do you think about torchlight 2?
>>
i liked it more than titan quest but it's still pretty dull after 15+ hours
>>
>>376564883
Loved it starting out, got incredibly bored after about two hours. Didn't feel like anything was coming together and the difficulty ramped up through the roof, on top of not really feeling connected with the game world or narrative. Not sure if I got shit drops or just had no idea what to build.
>>
>>376564883
loved the first one.
got really disappointed by the second one. went ham on vanilla and mods and really tried to like it but its failure is not one of its parts but an amalgam of all the small things that pile on.
i have no desire to play it. id rather go back to path of exile or diablo 2 for when im burned out on path of exile.
>>
>>376565150
The latter most likely, I'm following a build I found online and I went from potion chugger to cakewalk, difficulty curve actually went down.
>>
File: 1354615146_vaas.jpg (56KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
1354615146_vaas.jpg
56KB, 600x336px
>>376565316
>path of exile or diablo 2 for when im burned out on path of exile
>>
>>376565475
your reply is redundant.
by their very definition arpgs have a simple loop -> get gear ->beat boss to get better gear -> repeat.
>>
its alright, but then again I didn't really have any idea what was going on or how to do anything when I played. Now I know what I'm doing and very much enjoying Grim Dawn
>>
Diablo 3 is shit.
>>
File: 1446682715054.jpg (18KB, 464x266px) Image search: [Google]
1446682715054.jpg
18KB, 464x266px
>>376565818
Grim dawn has so many stats going you don't find better gear easily, but the itemization isn't nearly as shit as TL2.
>Drop some dosh to the enchanter ferret
>1% increase in gold found
>mfw
>want to reroll
>need to pay 6x as much to erase the enchantment
>>
>>376564883
eh, its average but there's something about it that makes me lose interest

It speaks volumes that you can find people who made mods but never finished the game.
>>
>>376564883
Classes are my basic issue with it.

Don't really like any of them but engineer. Mods fix this, though.
>>
>>376564883
The delays killed my hype and the main reason to play it (with my friends). We had to go back to our uni/jobs when this stupid shit was finally released.
For the game itself, it's ok, I guess. It feels bigger but somehow weaker than the first game, mostly because TL1 was smaller but really did its best with the little it had. The only reason I don't think it's mediocre it's because of the engineer class, shit is fun as fuck and had very cool builds, and the map animations, like how even minor monsters have proper spawn animations (like werewolves coming out of houses), and QoL stuff like hold'n'hover to change targets.
The story is placeholder tier, the other classes are forgettable, and the itemization is meh for most of the game. Mods are also surprisingly shit (except for "vanilla+" "QoL" stuff), most of them are broken as shit, and none of the custom classes that I tried are much better than the base ones.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.