[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix Halo? What features would you like the newest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

How do we fix Halo? What features would you like the newest iteration to have?
>>
>>376561710
Multiplayer was pretty good imo. Could use some more tweaks to movement abilities(also fucking remove ground pound and shoulder charge).
But the campaign...jesus fuck. I don't know if there's anything they can do to salvage the story at this point. I guess in terms of gameplay, more open world levels? The campaign in halo 5 felt really on-rails and overly linear whereas I think previous games gave the player a good amount of freedom while still keeping you on track
>>
File: Halo 5.gif (196KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
Halo 5.gif
196KB, 500x334px
>>376561710
>Make it multiplayer only, the campaign is beyond saving at this point and has nowhere to go.
>Just focus on competitive, forge/custom games, and firefight.
>Outsource it to a company that knows how to make good games, 343 cannot be trusted anymore
>go back to the series roots, arena based combat.
>get ride of sprint, ADS, and most of the perks. The Jetpacks and boosters can stay
>Have an expansive fireshare system for maps, videos, screenshots, and gametypes tied in with a custom social media site
>Have very comprehensive custom games options, so players can tweak and create gametypes to there liking.
>Have, at minimum, 15 gametypes at launch.
>Keep the artstyle simple, no over complex guns or armor designs
>bring back full Armor customization, with every Armor system unlockable via certain actions in game rather than through microtransactions/RNG.
>get rid/downsize the cancerous reqpack system
>Remove the shittier weapons from Halo 4/5, bring back some of the weapons from 2/3/Reach that were removed.
>Bring back at least 30 classic maps from Halo 1-3, with 10-15 new maps.

Frankly, the series should just die and MS should move on to something else, but we all know that won't happen. By dumping the campaign though, MS could focus on making a decent arena multiplayer shooter that actually works at launch, has good balance, and tons of customization.
>>
>>376561710
Halo 6 is already being fixed though.
>>
>>376563631
Are you seriously fucking trusting 343's word? After all the broken promises and lies what makes you trust them now? The halo party is fucking dead and even if they release a halo 3 remaster they will just dick up that online on that too because all the money will be put towards advertising a 343 developed halo while you're left with an incomplete product that didn't even require as much effort to make to begin with
>>
>>376564148
No but I want to see how it goes, right now there's the good news
>Master Chief focused
>split screen

But then you have the bad news
>Blue Team focused so coop stays
>double down on Spartan Abilities
>split screen is only two players
>still no campaign theater
>Halo 4/5 art style
>microtransactions
>short campaign
>short levels
>Cortana's the main villain
>Prometheans
>Warden fights
>>
>>376564442
I forgot for good news
>simple story
>Brian Reed fired
>new writer
>Tom French multiplayer lead
>>
File: 1494449649822.jpg (77KB, 433x599px) Image search: [Google]
1494449649822.jpg
77KB, 433x599px
>>376563185
>bring back full Armor customization, with every Armor system unlockable via certain actions in game rather than through microtransactions/RNG.
>get rid/downsize the cancerous reqpack system

There is zero chance of this happening now that Microsoft has seen what people are willing to pay for.

The only future Halo has is Pizza rifles and Warthog cards.
>>
>>376561710
Make it Halo 2 again.
>>
Be able to play them without Win10.
>>
>>376565075
You know this isn't ever happening, anon.
>>
File: 1494461692942.jpg (219KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1494461692942.jpg
219KB, 1200x630px
>>376561710
Fixed a bit
>>
>>376561710
Bring mcc to pc and then reenact dilbert3 inside microsoft headquarters using live ammunition
>>
>>376565310
Don't worry, that's Halo 6 and beyond.
>>
File: plisdontkiume.gif (1MB, 352x260px) Image search: [Google]
plisdontkiume.gif
1MB, 352x260px
>>376565456
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.