[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Yfw Mass Effect is dead. Why bros? Mass Effect was THE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: sadliara.jpg (31KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
sadliara.jpg
31KB, 550x309px
>Yfw Mass Effect is dead.

Why bros?
Mass Effect was THE rpg that defined 7th gen.

How did it all go wrong?
>>
>>376561036
EA
>>
>>376561165
/thread
>>
File: Skyrim.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
>>376561036
>Mass Effect was THE rpg that defined 7th gen.
>>
You fags let them get away with copying Gears of War. You fags let them get away with abandoning the story and meaningful choices. An RPG without G or RP is... well Andromeda.
>>
>>376561036
It's not dead. You just have your nostalgia goggles on too tight.

You hate Andromeda for being shit, but the hard reality is that all the reasons you hate it (shit writing, shit combat, shit animations, cringy dialog) have always been so in ME. Andromeda's only real difference is that it's not as linear as a piece of string like all the other ME games.

Mass Effect has always been shit. You were just young and stupid when the first couple came out.
>>
>>376561240
No
>>
>>376561502
Linear is good keep your open world garbage like this
>>376561240
the hell away from me.
>>
Because a lot of writers today are complete fucking retarded twats that keep focusing on diversity of skin color and maintaining an equal amount of women and male characters rather than actually giving me a fucking reason to care or like them. Every fucking character has the exact same witty and snarky personality in every triple A title
>>
>>376561502
Sounds like someone didn't hear the news.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAIOFHFg_Lc
>tfw you fuck up so hard your entire studio gets demoted.
>>
>>376561502
Andromeda is just so fucking soulless. Literally Inquisition in space. Also, it castrated one of the most important features of Mass Effect, the dialogue system. Now can be either a nice guy or a snarky nice guy.
>>
>marks getting worked by clickbait articles
It's nothing special for people who are finished on a project to get moved to another one.

Do you really think EA is going to pay a studio to just sit there and do nothing when they can be doing support work on a different upcoming title?
>>
I don't even blame them for moving resources away from the franchise. ME3 was bungled. They gave it another chance and five fucking years of dev time for Andromeda, and they bungled that too.

Honestly, I'd like the IP to go to a completely new studio at this point. Each and every game is a painful example of wasted potential.
>>
File: mfw.png (27KB, 631x708px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
27KB, 631x708px
>>376561036
>Dragon Age 1
>Choices did stuff.
>Decent size towns with interesting stuff to do and some good quests

>Dragon Age 3
>Choices do barely anything besides make you gay or not
>Big oversized boring open world filled with fetch quest shit to make the game seem longer

>Mass Effect 1
>Choices did stuff.
>Decent size cities with interesting stuff to do and some good quests
>Epic plot about saving the world by uniting the galaxy

>Mass Effect 4
>Choices do barely anything besides make you gay or not
>Big oversized boring open world filled with fetch quest shit to make the game seem longer
>Boring non plot about nothing with no conflict and dull party members

Why is this allowed?
>>
File: God damn it Bioware.jpg (101KB, 1599x899px) Image search: [Google]
God damn it Bioware.jpg
101KB, 1599x899px
>>376561781
>Do you really think EA is going to pay a studio to just sit there and do nothing when they can be doing support work on a different upcoming title?
Do you really think fucking EA wouldn't have said studio immediately start churning out more shit.
The entire Bioware Montreal studio got demoted to a support studio and the entire IP has been put into Hiatus until further notice.
That wouldn't have happened unless the sales numbers were absolutely atrocious.

If Andromeda was even close to a financial succuss, you know EA wouldn't give a shit and just be like, "Good job Montreal, now get to work on Andromeda 2".
>>
so much for the Mass Effect MMO I'd been hoping for
>>
>>376561514
>>376561575
He's unfortunately right though
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.