[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I started to replay Titanfall 2, and i believe it is extremely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: Titanfall2-1.jpg (298KB, 1300x732px) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall2-1.jpg
298KB, 1300x732px
So I started to replay Titanfall 2, and i believe it is extremely under-rated. It has tight controls, fun gameplay, and a good story (if not predictable at some points). It has evolved so much since the original titanfall, and is honestly amazing. It's campaign is short, but really fun. Theres some missions that are just incredible. I really enjoy this game, and i don't get why so little people give it a try. The marketing campaign was awful, but this game deserves more players.
>>
Of course it went extremely underrated, EA forced it to be released between Battlefield and Call of Duty with very little marketing and idiots calling it COD-like.
>>
>>376560521
i still think that if it came out on the pc for steam instead of origin, it would really help with the playerbase, at least on that platform.

and yeah, titanfall 2 has quickly taken the first place as my favorite single player fps campaign. I still didn't go too deep into the multiplayer, but for what i played it was pretty fun as well.
>>
>we may never see TF2 overcome EA's bullshit
I just want to be able to play this game with more than like 100 people!
>>
>>376560521
It's not underrated as everyone that plays it fucking loves it. Its recognized as a great game.

The problem is people are stuck on the super popular games, like overwatch, battlefield, and call of duty so much to the point they wont try anything else.
>>
>>376560521
Yes, Mr. Marketer, I, too, just started playing this underrated gem and am LOVING it :)
>>
>>376560978
I'd play it if the MP weren't online-only and had splitscreen, LAN and local co-op for the campaign.
>>
It's awesome but the slow patches and content just kills my mood to launch it, also no Ranked mode of sorts just makes kinda pointless to keep on gitting gud if it's forgotten and done after you finish the match.

I think there's a big potential to teamwork and actual competitive mode but they're not getting there.
>>
yeah you all should buy it right now
>>
>>376561151
>i only play games that fit my specific needs 100%
>>
>>376560521
Online was OK, campaign really was amazing.
>great pacing, it doesn't cheapen the robot sections by overdoing them but it doesn't skimp on them either
>freerunning is fun in its own right
>story is unambitious but solid, characters were likable

Really had a good time with it, if they make 3 I'll be looking to the campaign more than anything
>>
>>376561416
Campaign was great, its a shame there was none in the original
>>
>>376561190
Came here to post this
>>
File: 1492725247670.jpg (42KB, 500x441px)
1492725247670.jpg
42KB, 500x441px
Protocol 3: Protect the pilot.

Goodbye, Jack.
>>
>>376561342
Not my fault games stopped meeting those needs with the advent of paid online play, DLC and micro-bullshit. Most console shooters before 8th gen had all that.
>>
>>376561190
>Ranked mode
Ranking crap is cancer to a game's community.
>>
>>376560521
Reasons why people don't give it a try are as follows

It's EA, so people love being part of the meme that anything EA is automatically shit
Memers spread that it is basically CoD because they're stupid, so other stupid people (the largest demographic) believe them
It was released between BF1 and CoD, so the normie crowd probably doesn't even know it exists
The game has a surprisingly high skill ceiling, so alot of new players are turned off because they think the controls are bad, when in reality they are bad
>>
>>376562238
>It's EA, so people love being part of the meme that anything EA is automatically shit
Hello, EA shill.
>>
>>376562362
See? Memes are more powerful than you people realize.
>>
>>376562049
"It brings the community together!"

Meanwhile in CS:GO..
>"FUCKING SILVERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>376560926
Are you on PC? Not surprised if it's dead there, on PS4 there's usually at least 6,000 people online. Matchmaking is kind of slow no matter what but I always get a full match.
>>
>>376562435
Let's be real here for a hot minute:

I didn't like it because it was yet another $60 shooter with online-only MP consisting of a scant few playlists and game modes and a short, if good, campaign with no local co-op. It also requires Origin even though it's completely unnecessary for the game to function.

Perfectly valid and legitimate reasons to not want to buy a video game, it doesn't offer what I want, It doesn't offer enough content.
>>
Ever notice how these
>I just bought/finished [X] game why isn't it talked about more :(
marketing threads always die when people start stating logical, valid reasons for why they didn't like the game in question?
>>
>>376562985
I really just think that not enough people play. I think it deserves more players
>>
r97 nerf when
>>
>>376562662
Everything is true except the "scant" playlists. There's a good variety, and you'd be better off saying that there are only a few that people play, which is due to the modest amount of active players, which is only exasperated by spreading lies like "it's shit because it's EA".

However, if MP shooters are something you like, Titanfall 2 is a very worthwhile pickup. There's clearly no convincing someone who doesn't like MP shooters that an MP shooter is something they want.
>>
>>376562985
I wanted to know if people felt the same as me
>>
I bought it on release and didn't look back. I had a blast in the campaign, and I'm STILL playing the multiplayer constantly because of how much I want to try and git gud like the better players out there. The game started off as a 6.5/10 for me when i bought it, but it's a solid 9/10 for me now that I've actually learned how to use grapple effectively and branched out a few different weapons.
>>
>Titanfall 2
> DOOM

Any other fps gems from 2016?
>>
I liked these shill threads better when they started with anime girls
>>
>>376563546
DOOM is honestly my favourite FPS ever
>>
>>376563195
More people would play if the game offered more content.

Respawn should know this, they themselves made some of the most-played shooters ever, and they were so in part because they offered more than a content for a single person to sit down and play alone.

Publishers can downplay the importance of local play because they want to push micro-purchases, DLC, subscriptions, etc., but that was in part what made the games of the past so memorable and gave them longevity. People played games like CoD 4 and Halo 3 for years because they had shit to do, there was more to do than play a 5-hour campaign alone and play online alone. Halo in particular had tons of user-generated content and allowed you to play it both online and offline. Stop stripping out features and your games won't die instantly.
>>
I put like 60 hours into the MP on the ps4 when I got it for like 30 dollars I think. It was definitely worth it to me the game was fun as hell and everyone was God awful at it, I was literally 1st place in 50% of my games and in the top 3 I think 93% of them kek
>>
>>376563262
>You don't like MP shooters
I like MP shooters that aren't online-only and actually allow multiple people to play them.
>>
>>376560521
I agree, shame that it being tied to EA and origin means that it'll only get a fraction of the playerbase it deserves, They really should've just self published on steam
>>
>>376560521
>Create a great new ip
>Movement system is so fluid Call of duty copies it for three years
>Just want to make a good vidya so you listen to your fans, promise free content, and improve with the second game
>EA jews you and releases the game to compete with battlefield and call of duty
>Game ends up DOA

Titanfall didn't deserve this death. It probably didn't help that CoD beat future FPS into the dirt by the time of Titanfall 2's release.
>>
>>376565984
So where's the local play?
>>
>>376564156
You're a ridiculous person looking for reasonsI to be mad about something you already don't like. Don't know why I wasted time replying to you
>>
>>376560521
>no titan/loadout customization
>evolution
wut?
>>
File: 1343870296253.png (660KB, 841x908px)
1343870296253.png
660KB, 841x908px
I dont give a shit unless theyve added Frontier Defense
>>
>>376566826
>Wanting console games to have features they used to have is ridiculous
Hello, Mr. Marketer.
>>
>>376565984
Its really shitty man. That release date was fucking dumb, they KNEW when those other games were releasing too.
I guess its another EA ploy to absorb more devs for CALL OF DUTY 67 PAGAN DEMONS $129.99
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.