[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, i've done at least 5 playthroughs of Dishonored

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

Alright, i've done at least 5 playthroughs of Dishonored 2. Dishonored is one of my favourite game series, and I was really excited for dishonored 2 after playing the first around 15 times. While i do like the game a lot, i have a lot of complaints. I want to know other peoples complaints on this game, or if you just liked it completely. I'd like to know.
>>
Shitty performance at the start turned me off for sometime. Beat it as Emily once, never bothered to beat it as corvo
>>
I did not play on PC version but I have played at friends, and i understand the issues of the PC port. I played on PS4 though
>>
The story sucks. I didn't want to have the same characters from the first game appear again. I especially didn't want Delilah.

The actual game is great.
>>
I realized the main reason that I didn't like dishonored 2 as much as the original is because of how different the atmosphere is. It just doesn't feel like a dishonored game
>>
>>376558361
I liked the story of the game, performance on every platform was mostly bad. Controls weren't as tight as the first.
>>
>>376558449
Yeah agreed, i love the game. Just found it too different.
>>
>>376558361
At first I thought Prey had way better performance, and then I realized it was just because they were able to cull objects way more aggressively due to all the corridors.

Holy shit the reactor though. Went from having 120-150 FPS maxed all game straight to 30.
>>
I think the gameplay, level design and atmosphere/setting are great. The atmosphere isn't quite the same or quite as good as the first one I think, the whole focus on whaling and the connection between whales and magic/the Outsider really gave the first one a special kind of eldritch atmosphere for me, which I really enjoyed despite how the actual game wasn't really about that.

The big flaws in Dishonored 2 are the performance (is Edge of the World still complete shit?), the lackluster story and the boring characters, despite having a good, potentially-interesting setting to work with. I played it thoroughly as Corvo and I most certainly enjoyed it, but I don't feel like picking it up again or playing as Emily.
>>
File: 1446394928658.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446394928658.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>376558131
I really enjoyed dishonored and the DLC, But Dishonored 2 was not very good.

what i liked:
Dishonored 2 had more of the same. Which was great. They kept the formula simple and the gameplay the same. Basically a free 7/10 for keeping it true to everything from the first.

What i didn't like:
Blood flies were a terrible replacement for the plague.
The story is bland and had no twists or surprises and villain takeover is unbelievable.
Didn't delve into the lore other than a very rough explanation of the outsider.
Emily's power were terrible and made pointless by blink.
crafting was overblown for how short the game was.

I played through the game 3 time but Emily was such a pain in the ass to play as.
>>
>>376558916
The biggest conplaint i had was how the controls weren't as tight. It felt like there was crazy input lag and it threw me off a lot
>>
>>376558978
I wholeheartedly agree with this, another thing I'd like to add is its annoying how bullshit they made the AI and how the nonlethal option almost seemed like in afterthought in most levels, being tucked away into a corner where you'd hardly notice it was there
>>
>>376559150
Huh, I don't remember having any input lag that was too noticeable. When it actually hit 60 the game felt fine to me.
>>
>>376558449
Funny because that was the opposite for me.
I bought the first at release expecting Dark Messiah 2, dropped it for a few years before picking it up again and finishing it, still though it was a meh game with pretty good DLC. Loved DH2 enough to do multiple playthroughs.
>>
>>376558978
The entire intro was a farce.

Everything moved at a break-neck pace, meaning you couldn't get a grip on what was going on.

Also, why is there no NG+?
>>
>>376558978
Much better level design though, it says a lot when the worst level is the one taken from the first game.
>>
>>376558131
they fucked up the pacing and recycled the plot.
Also gloomy steampunk london was much more atmospheric than shitty sicilian coast city.
>>
>>376560272
Edge Of The World is the worst level honestly.

Carrying that body to the pit was a nightmare.
>>
>>376558131
Just finished it yesterday
Some of the line of sight seems straight up broken, there were times i blinked behind someone and they spotted me, or around corners ect.

Other than that i enjoyed the game the more it went on. I remember thinking while at Addimire(or however its spelled) if this doesnt get better i will quit. By the time i was done with clockwork mansion i was falling in love.

A big part of this is the additons to bend time that, It honestly made the game for me. Suddenly everything became a time travel puzzle.

but the ending was rushed and unsatisfying
>>
>>376559805
I'm talking about PS4 version
>>
>>376560079
Theres a ng+ now and its great
>>
>>376560719
No idea in that case, but low FPS inherently has higher input lag and if you played on a TV, those tend to have higher input lag too, so I can definitely see it.
>>
>>376561056
Yeah it was awful
>>
>>376560548
Endings in dishonored never were great. Very unsatisfying though
>>
>>376560719
another i problem i had because i did rent it for PS4 was how low the FOV was.
>>
It was the most disappointing game I have played because I loved the first one so much I played it multiple times to get every ending and achievement. I loved the story and thought the writing was excellent, rivaling the lore of the HL2/portal universe.

The writing for dishonored 2 was abysmal.
The primary targets are horrible and forgettable, which is made worse because every single mission is a disable/kill mission, unlike the first which had kidnapping and multiple escape missions.
The side missions were horrendous and not even integrated with the main quests like in dishonored 1 which had the slackjaw/granny rags side quests. I can't believe there was no side quest that was somehow related to the lore behind Daud and Delilah.
Less varied enemies than in dishonred 1. What the fuck? No music box overseers, nothing equivalent to tall boys, no witches like in the dlc, no Daud's assassins, no hounds, no watchtowers like in dishonored 1, only FUCKING GUARDS and ROBOTS that you can block all the attacks by holding guard. What the FUCK!
>>
>>376560548
can i get a quick rundown on what happened in dishonored 2? i loved the first one but never got around to the sequel
>>
>>376561790
Omfg, it was the worst. Great game, shitty performance
>>
>>376561908
>nothing equivalent to tall boys
The robots are kind of like that

>no witches like in the dlc
What? There were witches in multiple levels.
>>
>>376558449
>'a dishonored game'

Doesn't really mean much when there had only been one before
>>
>>376561918
Delilah from the dlc comes back and basically steals emilys crown. Then she does the exact same thing corvo did in the first and takes the throne back.
>>
>>376561908
adding more,
The biggest sin of dishonored 2 was that they didn't design the game to be played ghost. The maps were just not designed for stealth which is really fucking stupid. The stealth gameplay is so fucking bad because the AI is fucking retarded and if you alert one guard every fucking guard on the map is alerted, also the enemy placement is not conducive to stealth gameplay at all. Just think of Jindosh's mansion and that fucking mission where you have to use the occulus. It is so fucking stupid to do ghost in either because of the extremely limited options.
>>
>>376561995
>the robots are kind of like that
fuck no, the tallboys had an unblockable ranged attack and were armored. you can block every single one of the robots' attacks and take it out in one ranged attack by shooting its head off. Also, the robots fucking ruin stealth gameplay because they have massive vision.

> What? There were witches in multiple levels.
The witches were nothing like the ones in the DLC, who had unique attack patterns using magic.
Also it didn't make any fucking sense that you couldn't team up with the overseers to take down Delilah.
>>
>>376562629
>The witches were nothing like the ones in the DLC, who had unique attack patterns using magic.
Except they were. There were three different kinds of witches and they all had their supernatural powers.

>Also it didn't make any fucking sense that you couldn't team up with the overseers to take down Delilah.
By the time you get there, they're all dead.
>>
>>376562748
>By the time you get there, they're all dead.
which makes no sense considering that they have music boxes, but the writers magically retconned this since they realized the whole plot wouldn't work if they had the music boxes
>>
>>376562953
You can kill plenty of music-box overseers in Dishonored 1, I don't see why Delilah and her witch army wouldn't be able to do the same.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.