[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any reason to get a Scorpio / PS5 over a same-priced pc? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Project-Scorpio-4k.jpg (122KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Project-Scorpio-4k.jpg
122KB, 1600x800px
Any reason to get a Scorpio / PS5 over a same-priced pc? How good is the vr compared to the Rift?
>>
>>376552739
Have they released a pricetag for the Scorpio yet?

I figure unless there is an exclusive you really want, then there isn't much point of getting one. I'd personally only get one if Halo 6 or Destiny 2 weren't coming to PC, but since they both are, and since the video card in my desktop is better than the one in the Scorpio - I'll pass.
>>
>>376552739
> Buying a faux-pc in current year when handhelds are the future for gaming

Just get a PC, Vanquish is coming to it.

And if you want to support console gaming support handhelds, i.e. the Switch and maybe the PS Vita 2 when it gets released, so Sony and Microsoft can stop releasing inferior PC bricks that aren't mobile and just sit next to your TV.
>>
>>376552739
No.
>>
>>376553871
>handhelds
Are you literally carrying your console and tv in a briefcase like that autist who put a video of himself reeeeeing at his parents on youtube?
>>
File: kali_ps4_portable.jpg (116KB, 855x481px) Image search: [Google]
kali_ps4_portable.jpg
116KB, 855x481px
>>376555730
Where the fuck did you get that impression from my comment?

I said handheld, H A N D H E L D, as in the bloody 3DS/Vita/Gameboy/Switch

I'm saying pocketable or at least backpackable portable consoles are the future, not whatever pic is.
>>
>>376553871
>Get a PC, it's getting a game that's been out for years on consoles

Is this really how far PC gaming has fallen, they need the dregs of 5 year old games instead of something new?
>>
>>376556204
>tiny weak shitty device
>future
You've got to be 18 IF THAT to think this.
>>
>>376556423
ALL consoles are inferior hardware to the PC.

Specs don't matter when making a console especially a portable one, because everyone doesn't expect a 2017 phone to be as powerful as a custom built PC with 2017 specs, so you can get away with it.
>>
>>376556384
Because it shows that more and more publishers are waking up and realising the potential of the enormous PC market. Soon the only reasons to buy a console are for 1st party IPs like Mario and Bloodborne, & for the convenience due to portability.
>>
>>376556810
If specs don't matter, why isn't anyone making nes games outside indie faggots? Why did it take until now for the consumer market to warm up to vr? Are you squidding me?
>>
>>376557168
No it shows that publishers are realising that they can make a couple extra dollars of the small actual PC market that buys games, and thus they can wait 5 years, release the game without really putting in any effort at almost full price and PC players will flock to it and talk about how good the studio is for doing it.

If publishers realised this apparent potential enormous why is there still so many games that undersell on PC compared to console i.e. GTA5.
>>
>>376558069
>why is there still so many games that undersell on PC
People who want the game NOW buy it on console.

People willing to wait will wait until patches, improvement mods, and better or cheaper hardware come out to buy it on pc. By then the price has already dropped.
>>
>>376557428
Because not everyone wants to make NES/8-bit artstyle games. Not every dev is the same, some want to make FPS/strategy/Open-world.

Let me rephrase, specs don't matter if the games on the system run well. People will buy a system for the games and if the system compliments their lifestyle (e.g. people that go outside a lot will likely get a phone/Switch)

>Why'd it take up until now for people to warm up to vr?

What? you mean since the Virtual Boy or since Occulus Rift?

Because more innovation was required before VR became near perfect and more devs made games for it. I know what you're going to say, "Ha! You see? Specs DO matter for VR to run correctly!"

But that's not the point. The point is to make a console that can run the games its audience wants.

A company wants to make a VR ready system? That's fine. Nintendo wants to make a console that involves dual screen gaming with a touch screen? Alright, go ahead.
>>
>>376558578
^This

GTAV was released on PC after the X360 and PS3. No shit the PC version sold less because the people who wanted it early already bought it on console.
You gotta compare the sales between versions of the same game while keeping all the variables the same e.g.
- Release date
- Marketing for each platform
- Glitches in each version (Looking at you Batman Arkham Knight)
>>
>>376552739
it depend on your lifestyle, Anon. Are you willing to spend hours reading and filtering useless data on the Steam technical forums or/and spend time watching benchmarks vids just figure out how to if your machine can run a certain game?

$300-400 "console killer" meme builds usually has shit tier resell value and even shittier upgrade path. I would rather spend extra on a CPU that can last for 4 years and a good mobo that supports OC and has 4 DIMM slots. I just sell and upgrade my graphics card every 2 years, They are easier to install and the dated graphics card are easier to sell.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.