[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Donkey Kong turned out to be the janetty when he has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (4MB, 2584x712px)
image.png
4MB, 2584x712px
How come Donkey Kong turned out to be the janetty when he has consistently had better games than Mario since day one?

Is it just because Donkey Kong isn't "relatable" and retarded normies get mad or disinterested when they can't play as a human?
>>
>>376549316
>Is it just because Donkey Kong isn't "relatable" and retarded normies get mad or disinterested when they can't play as a human?
what the fuck
>>
Mario was already consistently good by the time DKC rolled in. As they say, you gotta beat the champ to be the champ.
>>
>>376549316
>Is it just because Donkey Kong isn't "relatable" and retarded normies get mad or disinterested when they can't play as a human?
Definitely one reason. Also why Okami bombed despite being literally a Zelda game (but better in every single way) and casual as fuck.
>>
>>376549316
No idea but considering N64 and 1st 3D "open world" releases of both games

Donkey Kong >>>>>>>>> Mario

Seriously, that game was the best.
>>
Donkey Kong games usually sell really fucking well. Tropical Freeze is an exception but Nintendo was retarded with that game in many ways (keeping it a secret for too long, delaying it for no reason, etc)
>>
>>376550770
I'm afraid that we might not get a new DKC because of that. I loved TF and I want more Donkey Kong.
>>
He had a real bad run between DK64 and DKCR where Nintendo decided he should only star in mediocre ports of SNES games and shovelware (with the exception of Jungle Beat)
>>
>>376550380
wait, you think DK 64 is better than Mario 64? Holy shit lmao you have the worst fucking taste ive ever seen anyone have
>>
>DKC 1994
>DKC2 1995
>DKC3 1996

>DKC Returns 2010
>DKC TF 2014
>?

Why the fuck does retro takes so long in making these games, yes obviously development periods are longer now but consider that the DKC trilogy was also developed in 3D and then ported to 2D to work on the SNES. Also the Retro team is a lot bigger than the team making DKC back in the day, also 4 fucking years to make a 2D platformer?
>>
>>376549316
The 3D Mario games are all solid.

As for the 2D games, well one,. the DK games are made by Retro, which is a great studio and it's pretty clear NSMB has no effort put into it
>>
>>376550380
i'm sorry i used to love dk64 but mario 64 is almost objectively a better game
>>
i want to see Candy Kong in HD ;)
>>
>>376549316
Man the SNES graphics hold up REALLY well.
>>
>>376551373
They're fighting a civil war right now in secret for the supremacy of DK vs Metroid.

go DK
>>
>>376549316
I think some of you have some pretty powerful rose-tinted glasses when it comes to the post-Rare Donkey Kong games. They were always just mediocre following the first Donkey Kong Country.
>>
>>376550770
I feel like the major reason why it didn't sell as much is because it wasn't interesting to talk about. It was just more of the same from before during a time where Nintendo keeps shitting out sidescrolling platformers.

If it was a 3D platformer it would've been a bit more successful because there would've at least been something there to draw interest.
>>
>>376551742
niggas out here inhaling holy water
>>
>>376551373
Gotta put in those cutscenes, cinematics and other frivolous shit in games today.

That said, the Wii U didn't need a shitload of supercomputers in one room just to make Tropical Freeze. We could have had a 'sequel' last year, or even Tropical Freeze at launch. Recycling assets is nothing to be ashamed of, more devs need to do that instead of trying to reinvent the wheel every single time.
>>
>>376549316
It's diet racism.
>>
>>376551373
They also ported DKCR to the 3DS
>>
>>376549316
Donkey Kong does NOT have better games than Mario.

DK Country 1-3, relatively the same.
SMB 1-3, all more or less different.

DK 64, collect-a-thon with sloppy controls.
SM64, acrobatic-a-thon with tight controls and dare I say better visuals.

Also 3D world and Galaxy are some of th best 3D platformers to have come out.

And finally, Mario Bros. Arcade > Donkey Kong Arcade. Tbh the series would have been better off without Rare and their gross redesigns.
>>
>>376553729
(You)
>>
>>376553841
DON'T (YOU) ME REEEEE

ALSO FUCK RARE, THEY KILLED DONKEY KONG JR
>>
>>376549413
I can't tell what you're expressing surprise at. Do you have autism?
>>
>>376551373
Masterpieces like tropical Freeze take a while to make
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.