[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>live in the 1980s >pay money to see a movie because piracy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: qm3x0r-L.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
qm3x0r-L.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>live in the 1980s
>pay money to see a movie because piracy doesn't exist
>it's shit
>oh boy those movie producers got me again lol
>live in 2017
>pirate a movie before i see it
>wow that was a good movie, i'll go to a theater to support the producers

So why is piracy a bad thing again? My parents told me that people sometimes left movie theaters because the movies were so bad. That's money thrown in the fucking toilet. Scale that up to $60 for today's games.
>>
>>376547336
>watching a pirated movie then deciding to go watch it at a theater
You know this doesn't happen. Why didn't you at the least try to say "pirate movie, liked it, bought dvd"
>>
It's a wonder how quality was ever a thing back then when there were so few free options to contend with.
>>
>>376547797
Movies are a social experience, anon. Watching the same movie with friends is a different experience from watching it alone. With that said I'm not going to go out with friends to watch a movie if it's shit.
>>
>>376547797
So how does this make piracy bad?
>>
>>376547902
beats me. the snes library is a sea of shit with a few gems. makes me wonder how many awful games nabbed a shitload of sales because of how slow word of mouth was.
>>
>>376547336
>80s
>shit movies
>2017
>good movies

C'mon, you're not fooling anybody.
>>
And yet despite this supposedly informed consumer climate where only good films can ever get money, due to chivalrous pirates, the quality of the film industry is still in nose dive.
>>
>>376547926
So to you the social experience is secondary to the movie. I've seen plenty of shit movies with friends and it's always a good time to rag on it afterwards
>>
>>376548258
I do that too, but we do it at home. A shit movie is a shit movie. Just because you have a good time with friends doesn't mean that the people who made the movie deserve remuneration.
>>
>>376547336
Pirates never do this, don't even try to deny it, cunt.
>>
I go to movies based on the reviews of critics that I trust and I've managed to avoid any stinkers for quite a while now. I didn't realize I was supposed to pirate it first.
>>
if

>pirate a movie before i see it

actually happened, I'd agree with you
>>
>>376547336
>1980's
>Piracy doesn't exist
>Some of the best quality and cult classic movies to ever be made

>2017
>Literally nothing but Capeshit and the raping of Star Wars
>90% of the movie is made by computer images

Piracy proven to drive quality production into shit.
>>
>>376547336
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dtPv0uFxII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUQI28utNcg&list=PL6lDGQYIqCXfG-CuVDHUS0CNTY4vYp30g
>pay money to see a movie because piracy doesn't exist
>piracy doesn't exist
Always a pirate, always freedom.
>>
>>376548393
It's true I've never pay for things I pirate unless I really really like them and even then I rarely do.
>>
>>376548258
My dad told me he used to heckle the movie screen. It sounds like the nerdiest shit ever to me.
>>
Since this is pretending to be about video games, this argument is moot if a demo is available. Looking at you, automata pirates.
>>
File: sad pepe.jpg (23KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.jpg
23KB, 385x385px
i wish I understood how to be a pirate and know every website out there to pirate stuff from
>>
>watching a movie twice in a week
>>
File: 1491825309596.png (131KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1491825309596.png
131KB, 396x385px
>>376548620
>supporting denuvo
>>
>>376548492
This
>>
>>376547336
>IF I LIKE IT I WILL BUY IT HONEST

0/10 bait, The Faggot. Just pirate your shit and stop wringing your hands.
>>
>>376548507
I honestly I don't have anything against pirates and I'm guilty of doing it a few times too but I fucking hate these lame justifications that these kids try to use. Just fucking own up to being a douche.

Like people that claim they use an ad blocker because "Oh I don't want malware!" Just say you don't like ads who cares
>>
>>376548692
Playing neir on anything but PS4 is a mistake
>>
>>376547926
>Movies are a social experience
What did he mean by this ?
>>
>new game
>has Denuvo
>no GOG release because why spend money on Denuvo if you plan to release a DRM free version

Denuvofags will defend this.
>>
>tfw whenever someone speaks out against piracy on /v/ others begin shouting "I bet you pirate non-vidya"

Shit, the only time I download things is if they are no longer available for purchase from the producer. Even then I preferentially will purchase it used.

Honestly the whole "piracy isn't theft" argument just obscures shit. Piracy isn't theft, it doesn't make it right. If you can reconcile piracy for yourself then fucking go for it, but I have never seen a moral justification that doesn't come down to an enormous sense of entitlement, that the pirate deserves to be able play the games without paying.

The only pirates who are tolerable are the 'fuck you I do what I want' ones, not ones who make moral simpering noises or excuses.
>>
>>376548763
Do you remember the web before adblock? Advertisers were running rampant with fucking flash ads that had sound that ate up your RAM. It was also a vector for malware because Adobe was slow to patch it.

I hate ads and I don't want malware, which is why I block everything.
>>
>>376548763
But that's why I use an adblocker
That and also pop up
>>
>>376547797
Ive done this with every DC cartoon movie. It seems retarded but I want them to make more especially with how bad the live action movies have been.
>>
I just wanna play vidya games and not spend money is that so wrong?
>>
>>376547336
Stop trying to fool yourself. Maybe a handful of every 100 that pirate something actually go and buy it to support the devs. Most play the game to completion, then come up with some small bullshit reason to say the game was bad, even though they 100%'d it, and never buy it.

And those handful that do buy it, wait till its 5 bucks on Steam, so the Devs don't even see profit off it.
>>
>>376548620
Who?
>>
File: 1458889370040.jpg (306KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458889370040.jpg
306KB, 1920x1080px
If I purchase a game from a dev studio EA killed, that money goes to EA and I hate to support EA. What do.
>>
>>376549346
you already own like 50 games and have a backlog
>>
>>376549346
>>376549442
There is nothing wrong with pirating.
Trying to hide your pirating ways behind some bullshit logical fallacy, thats just dumb. Just scream I'm a pirate and I'm proud really loud over and over again.
>>
>>376549346
>I just wanna play vidya games and not spend money is that so wrong?
Generally? Yeah.
>>
>>376547336
I actually do this with every game I've played since torrents came to exist.

It's cool because I live in a poor country where the authorities don't even understand the concept of torrents and basically everybody burns games... well not now but back in the teenage times I haven't met a person who would actually buy games.

> tfw I chipped my Xbox 360 straight when I got it back in 2006 and torrented about 30 games. Still works today and I ain't even mad bcs of xbox live because I didn't even have an internet connection at home back then.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

However, as I said, I bought countless of titles because I wanted to support the developers, some of them even after finishing the pirated version of game, so I've never actually installed the originals at all.
>>
>>376549474
Why do I have all these games I don't wanna play?
>>376549560
I'm alright with that
>>
>>376549543
I don't pirate. I enjoy having physical copies but I don't want to support greedy EA fucker who is living on some remote island. Say I want to own a physical copy of Dead Space 1. What do.
>>
>>376549895
Buy it off ebay for cheap dummy
>>
>Shit Tier
I pirate games because the devs are greedy assholes and the game is probably bad!

>Meh tier
I pirate games to use it as a demo

>God tier
I pirate games because I like free shit.
>>
ITT: people trying to justify pirating No Man's Sky instead of paying $60 like it deserved
>>
>>376549065
This, they love to try justifying it and come up with the most retarded excuses. Then you're a moralfag for calling their argument retarded.
>>
>>376547336

Pirate threads should be banned
>>
>>376550279
You can justify not even touching the game at all though.
>>
>>376550521
>still trying to justify not giving the devs money
>>
File: king_of_heading.png (325KB, 900x509px) Image search: [Google]
king_of_heading.png
325KB, 900x509px
>live in the 1980s
>beverly hills cop coming out next week
>can't wait for those silly black man antics
>LITERALLY can't wait
>page jose
>this 14 year old shows up at my door with a big duffel bag
>empties all the betamax tapes on my sofa
>what the fuck is "karate kid"
>pick up beverly hills cop
>teen lust sounds good too
>kick jose out
>go on my teletext chat boards and laugh at people who pay money for this
>>
>>376549895
Buy it second hand, admittingly someone bought it from EA, but that is the case as soon as a store stocks it.
>>
>>376547336
Nigga nobody pirates a movie and then decides to pay money to see the same movie again no matter how good that movie was.
>>
>>376548692
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>376547336
piracy is bad because it says so in the bible
>>
>>376552087
You don't have to watch it again, OP should have said buy the dvd or something
I do the same with games, I pirate and if it's good I buy the game later even if I already finished it
>>
>>376547336
Who has ever once paid to go see a film they like after pirating it. At most it's: "wow that was so good im going to hold onto the torrent".
>>
File: 1464474264589.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464474264589.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>376551839
But I want to give my money to Visceral and let them know I want them to finally make Dead Space 3 anon
>>
File: Jesus was a Pirate.jpg (114KB, 660x471px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus was a Pirate.jpg
114KB, 660x471px
>>376552446
Was that in the Jewish half or the half that actually matters?
>>
>>376547336
>>pirate a movie before i see it
>>wow that was a good movie, i'll go to a theater to support the producers
LOL

When movies come out in torrent they're no longer on theatre you stupid fuck.
>>
>>376548492
>Correlation = causation
>>
>retards pointing out a mistake in OP's example rather than trying to prove the "first try then if good buy" logic wrong
>>
>>376553184

>let them know I want them to finally make Dead Space 3 anon

oh you poor child, im so sorry
>>
>>376552537
>"I pirate games on release and then a year later give the devs $5 during a Steam sale to clear my conscience."
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.