[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While most can agree this is a great game. It has one major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: FTLSlider2.jpg (23KB, 616x353px) Image search: [Google]
FTLSlider2.jpg
23KB, 616x353px
While most can agree this is a great game.
It has one major flaw, it is RNG heavy.

How would you make this game less RNG dependent but also keep the aspect that you might not find the weapon,system..ect.ec.
>>
>it is RNG heavy

Victory isn't dependent on RNG in FTL so it's not an issue
>>
>>376546183
This.

FTL is a great game. But once you need harder difficulty to enjoy it. The game become a dice roll.
>>
>>376546306
There is a twitch streamer who had a 39 game win streak in FTL on hard advanced edition. He lost in the 40th game due to decision making, not RNG. He used every ship and layout

FTL is never RNG based beyond the first few jumps of the game where losing has no stakes
>>
>>376546183
>it's not an issue that almost every "important" choice you have to make along the way is a 50% chance of either succeeding or losing a crew member
Nah, fuck that. The RNG in the game is shitty, and I'd rather them just flat out take away a crew member when I hit an event than give me a meaningless choice that would result in the same outcome anyway.
>>
IMO, the main problem is that you're gonna be fighting the exact same boss in every game you play. You can't avoid it and some weapons are just shit against it, while others give you a big advantage.
There's nothing wrong with relying on RNG in a game like this, where you have to roll with the punches and do the best you can with what you can find/buy. However, when you keep going towards that one boss it becomes about finding the right weaponry and equipment to deal with those three fights, not about surviving and trying out new shit.
That's the biggest problem (and it's not a huge one, but it's there) for me. Having a randomly generated boss or choosing between two bosses or something else might have been better.
>>
No, this game is Flak I based.
Fucking overpowered piece of shit.
>>
>>376546574
This. You guys don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>376546574
Link? I legit struggle with this game sometimes
>>
>>376548084
I'm guessing he's talking about LethalFrag, just google him.
>>
If by RNG heavy you mean you went to see giant alien spiders and it didn't turn out as fun as you expected, then that is entirely your fault and the game is perfectly fine as it is
>>
>>376546575
There aren't many no-win events and all the rest you can either take your chances and roll the dice or not or come prepared with whatever system/crew/etc. that grants you a (beneficial) blue option. Pretty much all choices in pretty much all games are meaningless, in FTL they add to the feeling of being a fairly helpless ship on the run and having to make the best of whatever's thrown your way imo.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.