[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't there more vehicles in the recent fallout games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Fo2_Highwayman.png (15KB, 325x153px) Image search: [Google]
Fo2_Highwayman.png
15KB, 325x153px
Why aren't there more vehicles in the recent fallout games ? Fallout 2 had a drivable car, the enclave had vertibirds which the brotherhood stole and apparently manufactures then, in New Vegas there is a truck that is mentioned on one of the terminals in Black Mountain and there is a couple of military trucks in Camp McCarran

But why don't we see them being used or anything
>>
>>376538157
Vehicles don't work with the engine
>>
>>376538250
bullshit
>>
File: 4NbmOCd.png (437KB, 964x690px) Image search: [Google]
4NbmOCd.png
437KB, 964x690px
>>376538483
>>
>>376538612
They can actually do that for a drivable car but they didn't. I think one of the reason why they didn't is the map being too small for it.
>>
>>376538157
people would get butthurt because of distances/travel time, it's sort of the same reason there's not a greater reliance on horses in the elder-scrolls series..

in addition when you've got enough area for vehicles to be "worthwhile". it means a lot of empty or procedurally generated space between points of interests.

While I admired New Vegas's wide open and empty spaces (as they gave a good sense of "place") others found it boring because it didn't satiate their ADHD like skyrim or FO4 seems too.

Vehicles also introduce control issues, customization issues, etc. also as of the latest game it's getting pretty close to 300-years post-war... It annoyed me in new vegas that the NCR didn't even have biplanes.
>>
honestly NV would have been better had it used a Fallout 1/2 style point of interest map rather than a fallout 3 style continuous wasteland

if it had been built like that, a vehicle would have been guaranteed, as well as traveling using the NCR railways etc.
>>
>>376538746
oh yeah sure, and disregard the fact that everytime you looked under the car or the car jumped over something you'd see a fucking human body coming out of the bottom, and the fact that the car would handle like a fast running player which would be completely fine i guess because it's all the fault of the fucking map being too fucking small ainnit ya twat?
>>
>>376539037
>It annoyed me in new vegas that the NCR didn't even have biplanes.
Remember that in the fallout universe, there's virtually no fossil fuels left, extensive use of the simpler older aircraft designs would be impossible.

The NCR however does have a significant number of vehicles even if cars still remain a luxury product (about 1 in 200 NCR citizens has one) and course they a working railroad infrastructure and likely a few buses as well.
>>
There's no way Gamebryo could handle it. It can hardly handle a horse
>>
>>376539468
Making the model invisible will solve that. Make the helmet respond to physics so it will respond to uneven ground/etc as well as make the model slower or faster depending on ground angle/etc and it will work.
>too fucking small
Can't read?
>>
>>376539256
It would have to be a completely different game, pretty much.

Not sure if better, to be honest. I like what they did with Gamebryo.
>>
>>376538157
The maps are too small and the terrain is too rugged and littered with obstructions.
>>
>>376538612

lol
>>
>>376538746
fo3 map after vegas seems huge. I'm nauseous after all the metro also.
>>
>>376540401
Too small for a car.
>>
>>376540043
it wouldn't have needed to be that much different

after all, unlike fallout 3 there's not nearly as much emphasis on actually exploring the wasteland, you're mostly traveling through it on your way to somewhere else and the rare unmarked location or event you'd come across could have been easily handled like fallout 1/2's random events

the settlement design would have mostly remained the same as a very good number are essentially locked off from the wasteland at large be it through natural obstructions or even a loading screen
>>
>>376538157
Gamebryo is trash.
>>
We could atleast see ncr transport trucks moving around, don't need to necessarily drive them
>>
>>376540401
The metro's the best part imo, I love making my way through the tunnels fighting of enemies, I wish there was more of them down there.
>>
Gamebryo cant handle working ladders
>>
>>376541198
There's quite a lot of little moments that I love in Vegas that aren't possible in iso. Like seeing the Lucky 38 from different points in the story. Seeing it from your graveyard for the first time was quite magical.

The map/setting also has roads. You often aren't traveling some abstract "wastes", you travel the roads. Though you can do that with a modified FO2 engine, probably.
>>
>>376541487
They look exactly the same, there really should be an underground map. I noticed after 100 hours that I missed entire district.
>>
File: gambryo game.jpg (212KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
gambryo game.jpg
212KB, 1000x562px
>>376541856
>Bethesda cant handle working ladders
ftfy
>>
>>376542009

If fallout 3 had actually had more thought put into it's overworld design the metro system could have been something really impressive. Imagine if nearly every metro tunnel was connected in a giant underground map that you used to either get around impassable areas of the overworld map.
>>
>>376542362
I swear that brick and wood texture is used in fallout 3
>>
>>376541856
>>376542362
modders have been able to implement working ladders in NV, as well as drivable vehicles and even plane flying
>>
>>376542551
Aren't the drivable vehicles propelled by tiny, invisible explosions?
>>
>>376542663
just like real vehicles
>>
>>376542703
shiet
>>
Bethesda can't even do LADDERS

FUCKING LADDERS

You expect them to make a usable car?
>>
>>376538157
The car wasn't really "drivable" in fallout 2 either. Still cool as fuck just for the comfy music.
>>
>>376542865
only Fallout Tactics had it right

such a underrated gem
>>
>>376538250

They aren't competent enough you mean.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6005/?
>two-thousand fucking nine
>>
>>376539547
nuclear powered biplanes.

There's fission and fusion cells out of ass everywhere
>>
>>376538157
F2 not canon thank god
>>
>>376543740
except it is
>>
>>376543795
except it is not, Chris.
>>
>>376544052
Except it is, Todd
>>
File: 1494268664983.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1494268664983.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>fusion powered cars were too new/expensive for most people in the US before nukes yet fusion powered cars are everywhere
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.