[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it too much to hope for DLC for this? The main game was really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Dishonored-2.jpg (54KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored-2.jpg
54KB, 494x750px
Is it too much to hope for DLC for this? The main game was really good but I want more and I will pay for it.
>>
Unfortunately, it sold like shit.
>>
>Tfw no Daud-tier extra chapter.
>>
File: 1428896815810.png (8KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
1428896815810.png
8KB, 509x619px
I want a Dishonored 3 set in Tyvia
>>
they should have had entirely new characters so that the story could feel fresh, not to mention how they removed any mystery behind the outsider

I love the worldbuilding/atmosphere in Arkane games but their stories and characters are mostly terrible
>>
I think it's over for this franchise, sadly.
>>
It's already a dlc to the Daud dlc.
>>
dishonored 2 was shit compared to the original

now move onto based prey
>>
>>376522181
>The main game was really good
its objectively not a good game
>>
>>376525562
You're objectively retarded. What now?
>>
>>376524921

>Tfw no Dishonored 3 set in Pandyssia with the character being part of an expedition into the dark heart of the wild continent to tame its savage peoples and bizarre wildlife.
>>
>>376522181
>main game was really good
(You)
>>
It didn't deserve to fail. It was everything you could ask for in a Dishonored sequel.
>>
They'll announce it at E3. R-right?
>>
I love the world building of the series, but the actual writing is pretty poor.
>>
It's dead, Tim
>>
Pretty sure they will announce some kind of challenge dlc like the one for d1
>>
>>376528092

Most likely, yes.

A mysterious file labeled beta testing for "Dishonored Black Sparrow" was added to Steam's internal database about two months ago

https://steamdb.info/app/403640/subs/
>>
>>376528931
Thank god. I'll pre-order that shit, even if it makes me play as Billie Lurk.
>>
File: 1480645150958.jpg (2MB, 2008x3047px)
1480645150958.jpg
2MB, 2008x3047px
>>376529067
>play as Billie Lurk

Might be cool
>>
>>376529067

I think it's equally likely that we could play as the Crown Killer.
>>
>>376529591
Doubtful, since they don't want us to go around killing innocent people to try to frame Emily.
>>
>>376528684

>good storytelling in background details
>falls short when presenting overarching plot

oh geez its almost like it was written by a man who's primary talent is leveldesign
>>
>>376529591
I doubt we would get a story dlc but maybe a challenge mode because playing as the Crown Killer removes the whole aspect of lethal/nonlethal and chaos that the series is built on.

As for in general I think we'll hear some news on it soon since Prey is finally out
>>
>>376529948
>>376530228

Technically many of the pacifist neutralizations in the series have already been the sort of events which the public perceives as "deaths".

The Pendleton twins mysteriously disappeared at a time when their little brother desperately needed additional parliamentary voting power, only for him to never publicly cry out for their retrieval.

Lady Boyle mysteriously disappeared on a night when security alarms set off and cut her party short.

Rothwild mysteriously disappeared during a time period when his his slaughterhouse was caught up in workers unrest (I think you can even overhear some NPCs talking about how they bet that he's now "in the meat")
>>
>>376522181
I'd like some DLC. The gameplay, level design and setting/atmosphere were really good even though the performance, story and characters were quite shit.
>>
>>376530585
It just doesn't make much sense to me to be playing a character that is being mind controlled by evil people. Billie Lurk going after Daud makes much more sense to me. She has an actual story arc left to finish.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (80KB, 802x630px)
Untitled.jpg
80KB, 802x630px
>>376530721

To me it would just become a question of the doctor trying to remember herself, with her choice of low chaos v.s. high chaos becoming a reflection of which self she's giving in to.

One of the biggest reasons I entertain the idea is how much effort was already put into the conception of this character design and rigging of this full model which we never even see in motion during the main game. Like, I have friends who've slaved away for Zenimax, and according to them those fuckers DO NOT LIKE wasted resources.
>>
>>376530585
That's great and all from an outside perspective but the games have always been about the players perspective. Dishonored is all about revenge/redemption, at any cost and by any means. Even low chaos. Crown Killer/Grim Alex just doesn't fit in that narrative at all for a number of reasons.
>>
>>376531263
Your second point is why I could see her being used in a challenge pack kind of way. But I really can't see her being inserted into the Dishonored narrative
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.