[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here is excited for Tekken 7? What was you last Tekken?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: tekken 7.jpg (225KB, 1159x711px) Image search: [Google]
tekken 7.jpg
225KB, 1159x711px
Who here is excited for Tekken 7?
What was you last Tekken?

Ultimate Question --> Tekken vs Street Fighter !?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhzS66L-0yA
>>
>any punch button breaks normal throws

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
>>
oh hello shill,it's been like 2 minutes since last tekken thread died,are you alright?
>>
>>376520264
Why is what he's doing bad?
>>
>>376520086
No matter how hard you shill this garbage no one will ever give a shit.
>>
>>376520305
Nope, he's either butthurt because he likes Street Fighter better or can't handle a discussion about which of the two is better without being a fag
>>
>>376520431
About Tekken 7?
>>
>>376520218
Thank god, normal throw breaks were unnecesarily autistic.
>>
>>376520218
There is literally nothing wrong with this. Having to learn 3 throw breaks were retarded and noob kings used it way to much as a clutch and I dont mean the command grabs.
>>376520305
Nothing its an angry Street Faggot autist
>>376520086
Right here OP. All games are shit to me right now since were so close 2.5 fucking years. I cant wait much longer.
>>
>>376520431
>One of the longest running fighting franchises ever
>Garbage

Okay summerfag, you can stop being retarded anytime now
>>
>>376520086
Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, KoF and MK have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.
>>
>>376520474
But now I can't throw people who know this. Throwing people was a quick way to shake someone out of being overly defensive.

Without having to fear basic throws, you have to rely on special throws (which can be fiddly) or mixups, which some good players just don't fall for.
>>
>>376520583
People who play overly defensive sucked at throw breaks anyway.
>>
>Ultimate Question --> Tekken vs Street Fighter !?!

Are you fuckign serious

a game with 60% hp endless nonsense combos and no real tech vs street fighter?

well

fucking

memed
>>
>>376520086
I'm excited, last one I really got into was Tekken 5 DR
>>
File: Average day in Tekken forums.jpg (159KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
Average day in Tekken forums.jpg
159KB, 858x536px
I'm still furious that Harada denied America of Summer Lesson, just because we made fun of his Marie Rose ripoff.

Doesn't matter much anyways. Between SF5, Blazblue, KoF, and just about every other fighting game being discounted, why would anyone waste $59.99 on a fighting game at this point? Even the new glorified Guilty Gear patch costs $39.99 wholesale for the physical version.
>>
>>376520563
>Key word might

Euphoric idiot detected, you can literally disable all of this like most E-tournaments do
>>
>>376520474
>>376520218
>a game mechanic completely became useless
I wonder why they bothered putting it in then
>>
My first and last was 5, whats changed since?
>>
>>376520583
King is high tier now solely because special throws are way more relevant than they used to be
>>
>all good oki strategies are gone now because back rolls are out so you can't float people from making the wrong decision on wakeup

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
>>
>>376520856
You cant back roll now? What?

Pretty sure I did in the arcade version
>>
>>376520558

Players will probably drop the game after a month
>Let's add customization
Players will probably avoid pre-orders
>Fine let's add p/o bonuses cause everyone loves them
Players will probably drop the game anyway
>Ok let's throw DLCs season passes and cut content in!
You know we should probably do something about stage plainness
>Nah more marketing
B-but players
>Ok let's show in lousy SF4/5 kinomatic scenes for special moves,after all everyone and his own mother loves them especially when they break the fuck out of game's flow
Y-you're a genius
>>
>>376520953
You did because you did an ankle kick.

When you do an ankle kick now it causes a new back roll animation along with it so your opponent can't just breathe over you after you hit them with an ankle kick.
>>
>>376520765
because sf5 is shit and majority of people who want to play a "2.5D" fighter still prefer street fighter rather than shifting to a new fighter with a smaller playerbase
>>
>>376520810
The gameplay is much more fast paced and fluid, although a bit more casualized. We'll just have to see what 7's all about when it comes
>>
>>376520994
Good job anon, this is the most autistic post I've seen in awhile. Maybe you shouldn't waste your potential and go back to SFV?
>>
>>376520086
>stealing content
nice one OP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-yJ9Yju2mQ
>>
>>376521245

I refuse to play any SF that is not in 2d,now fuck off pajeet
>>
I have some special throws with my characters.

Hei, Devil Jin, and Kaz have f, f+1+2, Jin has d/f+1+4 and u/f+1+2, Miguel has d/f+1+2, and Lars has u/f+1+2.

However I never like using these because they usually feel stubby in terms of range. I can actually lean forward with regular throws.
>>
>>376520218
>>376520808
Only regular throws. Breaking command grabs is same as before, so you still need to sit in training mode and practice this shit for hours to get good.
>>
>>376520994
Whats with the shitposting jeez
>>
>>376520994
>Let's add customization
>Players will probably avoid pre-orders
I don't see the correlation
>>
>>376520086
I always like some Tekken and I love me some Street Fighter but this gen Tekken as Street Fighter V isnt a consumer friendly product.

MVCi looks decent though.
>>
>>376521769
Much like console wars, the remaining true fighting game community still hates other fighting games. Those hidden Street Fighter fans always troll these threads.
>>
>>376520086
Haven't played since Tekken 2
>Tekken vs. SF
Both are mediocre fighting games
>>
>>376521769
Simple they are a fan of a game that flopped because no one cares about esports that lashes out at other games for no real reason.
>>
>>376521960
>MVCi looks decent though
shit taste bro
>>
File: tekken 7.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tekken 7.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>376522405
This isnt MvCI and it still looks better than tekken 7
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.