[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think there will ever be a proper Metroid Prime game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1590.jpg (20KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1590.jpg
20KB, 512x288px
Do you think there will ever be a proper Metroid Prime game for the switch?
>>
>>376506225
Nope. Probably a re-release at best. Nintendo are too stubborn and incompetent. Retro's key staff that worked on MP are long gone.
>>
>>376506225
Maybe,but I'm expecting 2D a bit more.A hunters sequel is my dream Metroid Switch release
>>
Depends on what you mean as "proper". When I think Metroid, I think an adventure with sense of isolation. Could be a different outlook for somebody else.

Not to mention, most of 2002 Retro really isn't there anymore, if they were to make another one, would it even be the same? Have that same feel as it did when we were kids?
>>
Considering the Switch looks like a second Wii at this point, I'd guess we get an excellent game, followed by a franchise-ruining piece of garbage.
>>
>>376506761
haven't the ex-employees only done mediocre stuff like recore and stuff?
>>
>>376507020
Re-core was practically the most recent, yes.
>>
>>376506225
Considering Reggie has been seen wearing that Metroid Pin out a few times I'm guessing they have a proper Metroid game in the works and I'd be really surprised if they didn't show something at e3.
I'm hoping for a Prime sequel, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a well-made 2D game.
>>
>>376507218
>Considering Reggie has been seen wearing that Metroid Pin out a few times

For Federation Force, I'd assume.
>>
>>376507115
it's so weird,like they all couldn't have been the weaker talent right?
>>
>>376506353
yeah look at recore, they're so good!
>>
>>376507450
Honestly, It's something I'd have to dwell on.

Let's assume it's some of the best and worst, people may have left throughout the releases of the Prime trilogy. Now we skip to Re-core, around a near 9 years later and more people could have shifted.

It's all dumb theories we can sit here and drivel about, but it could be a possible factor.
>>
>>376507218
I'd prefer a well made 2D game, but I'll take a 3D one if it's handled properly. Either way as long as it's in the same vein as Prime or Super they really can't go wrong. No other hunter bullshit either, no multiplayer garbage. Just pure Metroid.
>>
>>376507862
At this rate, it could end up like Fusion. I can't hate that though since Fusion imo is still a strong position in the series.

What do you feel that they would do?
>>
>>376506484
>Maybe,but I'm expecting 2D a bit more

i think its the other way around and metroid is just going to be prime from now on

its been 7 years since other m and there hasn't been one single peep from sakamoto or anyone on his team regarding mainline metroid. no ideas, no news, nothing. that department doesn't even work on traditional videogames anymore

meanwhile tanabe has said that he wants to do prime 4, and he's even shared ideas on what it could be like. retro has has even discussed it as well.
>>
>>376508007
Like I said, as long as 3D is handled properly like Prime 1, I'd be beside myself for either. Prime 2 it started to go off the rails, and Prime 3 in my opinion may as well be as bad as Other M. Metroid isn't a series for dialogue or npc's. It's isolation and exploration. Fusion was a good entry but it really feels like that's where they wanted to break loose from what Metroid is supposed to be about and started giving it way too much exposition and dialogue and hand holding. It even carried over to Zero Mission, just not to the same degree.
>>
nintendo only wants to make zelda, mario, and pokemon now. hope you like 20 different marios, because that's all you'll get.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.