[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is, without a doubt, one of the worst tactics/strategy game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1414700787-valkyria-chronicles.jpg (117KB, 1024x729px) Image search: [Google]
1414700787-valkyria-chronicles.jpg
117KB, 1024x729px
This is, without a doubt, one of the worst tactics/strategy game ever made, I played it on PC and jesus it's so fucking bad compared to some PC games of the same genre it almost seems like a bad joke, is this the kind of garbage people have to deal with on consoles? Why the fuck is this piece of trash so fucking praised?
>>
>>376503949
If you wanted a Valkyria thread, you could've just asked.
>>
File: 1494183505803.jpg (747KB, 1200x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1494183505803.jpg
747KB, 1200x1350px
>>
>>376503949
I feel the same.

I got it dirt cheap, put 16 hours into it, never touched it again.
>unbalanced as fuck
>killing fodder enemies is all but pointless
>battles can drag on like crazy
>characters were okay at best and annoying at worst
>controls were horribly imprecise

I just don't get the appeal.
Story was a little interesting, I guess, but not worth dealing with the terrible gameplay for.

With that said, I still feel bad for Valkyriafags for how the franchise turned to shit with the sequels.
>>
File: sit back.jpg (92KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
sit back.jpg
92KB, 625x626px
>>376503949
>it's so fucking bad compared to some PC games of the same genre it almost seems like a bad joke, is this the kind of garbage people have to deal with on consoles?
>>
>>376504587
Play something like X-COM, Shadowrun or even Invisible Inc. and you'll see they're much better than Valkyria by a long shot, it's not even a competition, Japan can't make strategy, let alone tactics.
>>
File: vcip.png (169KB, 864x709px) Image search: [Google]
vcip.png
169KB, 864x709px
>>376504428
I'm just the opposite, I thought the gameplay was fun for a while but the story was fucking retarded even by JRPG standards.
>>
File: Selvaria_4.jpg (162KB, 1400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Selvaria_4.jpg
162KB, 1400x1800px
fun things are fun
>>
I really wanted to like it, but I couldn't get over how tedious the gameplay was and how 90% of the cast was garbage. I just couldn't keep playing after I realized I needed to spam scouts if I didn't want battles to take more than 3 hours.
>>
>>376504736
>Play something like RNG Simulator
I like X-COM too but that's just the opposite end.
>>
>>376504875
>the pic
Huh. I'm only at like Chapter 6, so I guess that spoils the rest of the game for me.

The first time I realized I was going to have problems with the needlessly dramatic subplots was right at the beginning when those two faggots are fucking with Isara. Not only did Welkin handle it like a little bitch, by gameplay standards he should have easily been able to just rotate them out of his unit.
>>
File: 1227425945382.jpg (380KB, 610x738px) Image search: [Google]
1227425945382.jpg
380KB, 610x738px
Yeah, it's a piss-poor tactics game, because the developers were bad. Doesn't mean there aren't any good tactics games on consoles.
>>
>>376504736
I don't disagree that the gameplay seems unfortunately paradoxical (you are given the illusion of choice on methodology and unit composition, but seemingly ever map has a specific strat to beating it in one, or at most two, turns, for which the game rewards you; at once allowing yet de-incentivizing novel playstyles), but you're badly hidden PC master race rhetoric was poorly hidden, and obviously the whole point of this thread.
>>
Not sure why it gets so much praise either. The gameplay was a neat idea but was way too easily broken. You either abused tactics and rushed maps with scouts or spent time slowy moving through a map which wasn't fun at all. Not because it was difficult, but because it was balanced in a way that battles were a slog if you didn't take advantage of the system to break things. I did have some fun with it, but it was a one and done type deal once I beat it. Story and main cast were also pretty fucking dumb, and the side characters you could recruit ironically ended up being much more endearing and interesting.

How are 2 and 3? I heard 2 went for the highschool anime angle which sounds pretty eh, but looking at stuff for 3 it seems (slightly) more grounded.
>>
>>376505732
2 and 3 are better in the sense that its not just scout rushes and tactics spam

but being PSP games, the maps are tiny and it brings the games down
>>
>>376505116
Vc has similar rng, it just doesn't tell you the odds. Like try using a lancer at anything but close range and tell me how that works out. Fuck I've even had them fail at close range before
>>
>>376504736
>He doesn't play Koei grand strategy games
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
>>
>>376505116
X-COM is not that bad about the RNG because it has a fucking staggering amount of tools to let you mitigate it. XCOM somewhat less so, but it's still possible to do shit like go half an I/I game without getting hit. Less so since EW, but that's not the point.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.