[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good games that involve politics, spying and generally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: republicrevolutiond_4.jpg (157KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
republicrevolutiond_4.jpg
157KB, 1024x768px
What are some good games that involve politics, spying and generally being a conniving son of a bitch, /v/? Can be a big geopolitical grand strategy or an old-ass FMV game or anything in between
Pic related, anyone else played Republic: The Revolution? Really fun game, although for some reason it won't run on my current PC
>>
>>376503134
I'm guessing you already know the obvious ones and is just looking for some obscure games, so I can't help you with that.
>>
>>376503317
Honestly, not particularly. What are the obvious ones? Only ones I really know are that Realpolitiks one that just came out and Democracy and that's pretty much it
>>
>>376503134
Floor 13
>>
>>376503551
This looks really cool, thanks
>>
DEFCON multiplayer
Evil Genius
Offworld Trading Company when you use the black market to fuck with people anonymously
>>
>>376503474
Geopolitical Simulator
Victoria 2
Supreme Ruler

I guess SR is more directed to war.
Vicky 2 is nice because it shows how economy affects the political awareness of the population.
Geo Sim is more into what you're trying to look for.

Also, it is kind of related, and even though it is set in the middle-ages, Crusader Kings 2. It is not the same kind of politics, but politics nevertheless.
>>
>>376503783
True I forgot about GSGs
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Bump, need more games like this
>>
File: nukedakues.gif (547KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
nukedakues.gif
547KB, 640x350px
>>376503134
>>
File: 250px-Tropico_3_Box_Art.jpg (26KB, 250x311px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Tropico_3_Box_Art.jpg
26KB, 250x311px
>>376503134
Tropico 3 and 4 are pretty great. Nothing beats being a banana republic dictator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCxy-4IAgzo
>>
I always loved focusing more on the political aspects in Tropico 3, having an iron fist in a velvet glove. During one election (which I never had to rig) when it looked like my opponent would squeeze ahead barely I ordered the secret police to take him out. The order didn't get carried out until right after the election (which I still won) but as I was following the hitman around with the camera and they caught up to my rival, I checked his thoughts; the last thing he thought before his assassination was, "I KNEW someone was following me!"
>>
The guild 2
>>
>>376504481
>>376504476

Tropico mind.

>spying on your secret police and bumping off the one that thinks, "I could be a better presidente."
>>
These all look like really cool suggestions, thanks a lot anons
>>
File: xiii.jpg (52KB, 476x680px) Image search: [Google]
xiii.jpg
52KB, 476x680px
Grand strategy games in general, although Crusader Kings 2 and Sengoku put a particular focus on personal feudal politics
Koei strategy games, like Romance of the 3 Kingdoms and Nobunaga's Ambition are a similiar deal
Democracy games, as some anons already suggested
Floor 13 and Shadow President are both decent, but obviously a bit dated
Tropico games
The Guild 2
XIII and Splinter Cell games are basically political action thrillers
Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics and Front Mission are all pretty heavy on their politics too
>>
You should try Urban Empire
Also, I know this may not be exactly what you're looking for, but Fallout: New Vegas gets really in depth with its faction politics and how you can play with them.
>>
>>376505656
>>376504803
thanks dudes
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.