[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What version of Final Fantasy VI is the best? I hear it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Final_Fantasy_VI.jpg (34KB, 478x264px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VI.jpg
34KB, 478x264px
What version of Final Fantasy VI is the best? I hear it's ace and I wanna play it on my Vita but I dunno if the GBA, SNES, or PS1 version is the way to go. Help an anon out, bro?
>>
>>376501847
gba because it has the new features and extras
>>
>>376501847
Absolutely not the Playstation version, load times are horrible and there's really nothing that's better about it.

GBA version has bonus content, and I think some bug fixes, so most people will tell you to play it with a patch that fixes the GBA's color pallet and inferior sound quality to be equivilant to the SNES version.

They can't however patch the screen resolution, which is still in the advantage of the SNES

The script translation quality is a point of contention about what is better between GBA and SNES, but what's for sure is that a couple extra things got censored/changed for the GBA version.
>>
>>376502121
>They can't however patch the screen resolution, which is still in the advantage of the SNES
It's a 2D, pixel based game so it's not really a problem. Rather than image clarity being lower due to lower res, with 2D you simple see less shit, think draw distance.
Let's say that on SNES you can see 20x18 tiles, but on GBA you see 16x14 and the tiles at the edges that would be normally there you simply can't see until you move in that direction, that kind of thing. Ultimately irrelevant.
>>
>>376502121
So Playstation isn't like Chrono Trigger with the added cutscenes and shit?
>>
>>376502242
>seeing more or less of the game on screen at once is irrelevant
>>
>>376502326
It is for JRPGs. It doesn't affect encounter rate RNG nor the combat (and combat screens are brand new to account for lower res anyway)
>>
Playstation had FMV and almost no censorship. I think GBA does not have any. GBA has better true translations and more content.

Play the playstation first and then GBA is the only way to experience the whole game.
>>
>>376502548
Except it does effect encounters if you can see dead ends/treasure earlier and chose better movement routes.
>>
GBA with the music fix
>>
>>376502835
>I think GBA does not have any.

Except for the changes they made to the scene when Celes is introduced and also her scene near the beginning of the WoR if you don't save Cid
>>
GBA with SNES music patch.
>>
>>376502943
I mean GBA has no FMVs.
>>
su-fami
>>
>>376503037
Well you said it immediately following "no censorship" so it was a little vague.

And I think the Playstation version still has the edited sexy enemy sprites that the SNES used with extra clothes, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
>>
>>376503213
No, the PS1 is the SFC version with the English script applied to it, while making to grammatical corrections to it. The graphics on the PS1 version are uncensored. The best version to play would be the SNES with the "Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition" patch.

On a related note, I want to play the vanilla version of IV, but I'm not sure about the translation to use. Anyone know a good patch that isn't the J2E one, otherwise I'll play the PS1 version. I don't want to play the GBA/PSP versions because they made those too easy.
>>
>>376502856
That only happens if you're a retard that skips content. Anyone that likes exploring dungeons in full is not impacted by this.

>>376503213
GBA's censorship can be removed as well, it can literally be patched to be perfect aside from resolution.
>>
>>376503837
You could also theoretically ROMhack the SNES version to have the GBA's bonus content

Wait, why hasn't anyone done this?
>>
>>376504126
It's a good question. That would be definitive for sure, GBA translation with GBA extra content on SNES.
>>
>>376502279
not him but there's an opening and I think ending fmv. I'm playing on my Vita and with fast loading on it's still noticeable not that bad.
>>
>>376503656
Not really an answer to your question, but if it's challenge you're after, have you considered trying the DS version of the game? It's pretty good. If I remember right, the Steam version is a port of the iOS version, which is in turn a port of the DS version with touch menus and the game's previous difficulty level renamed as it's Hard mode. So you'd either play the DS version or the Steam one on Hard mode.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.