[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've started pmay Soul Sacrifce Delta. I'm really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Soul-Sacrifice-Delta-vita-02.jpg (352KB, 1680x779px) Image search: [Google]
Soul-Sacrifice-Delta-vita-02.jpg
352KB, 1680x779px
So I've started pmay Soul Sacrifce Delta. I'm really early into the game but I've a bunch of questions.

1) Is there difficulty tiers ? Like low rank, high rank G rank.

2) Is there a way to play a quest again without having to mash throught the story dialogues ? Or will I have access to story free quests ?

3) Why do I have a shitload of lore entry already unlocked. It spoil pretty much every monsters.
>>
>>376500734
Bump
>>
>>376500734
>1) Is there difficulty tiers ? Like low rank, high rank G rank.
There's 15 difficulty ranks, Black Pages are the G Rank, so to speak.
>2) Is there a way to play a quest again without having to mash throught the story dialogues ?
Story quests can skip already read dialogue by pressing R1.
>Or will I have access to story free quests ?
Yep, you need to finish the prologue with Nimue first though, you'll be given the option of changing your allegiance too, the canon faction is Avalon though.
>Why do I have a shitload of lore entry already unlocked. It spoil pretty much every monsters.
Is that supposed to be bad? You're reading a book that is supposed to turn you into the greatest wizard ever, what would be the point if you couldn't read anything? The lore is fundamental for understanding the story and characters.
>>
>>376501827

Thanks for the answers.

>by pressing R1
I'm on vita but there must be some equivalents. Plus if there's story free quests then there is no points to redo the storyline.

>Is that supposed to be bad ?

No, I was just surprised. Is it unique to Delta ? I've read pretty much everything except for the monsters entry I haven't fought (which is a lot) I also stopped reading field description when I saw they put monsters story in some of them.
>>
>>376502151
>I'm on vita but there must be some equivalents
What's that supposed to mean? Press the R1 shoulder button and you'll completely skip a chapter and go right to the battle preview, there's no equivalent to speak of, even if you use a Vita TV with a DS4 you still need to press R1.
>Is it unique to Delta ?
Can't honestly remember, I played SoulSac years ago, but I don't think monster lore was locked in there either.

Remember to use rumours too, , they're good for grinding levels or getting better Soul/Essence drops, later on you'll unlock the bazaar and one of the NPCs there will give you rumours, another one will let you sacrifice an offering for a random rumour too.
Hope you enjoy the game.
If you're not a piratefag we can hang out together someday, the online is still pretty active and I don't mind helping newbies for some random fun.
>>
>>376502680
I though the shoulder bouton was named R or something like that. Is there a R2 i was completly unware of all that time ?

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunatly my wifi is rather random so I can't play much online.
>>
The lore entries are mostly for general purpose, because these monsters have been around forever so whatever.

It doesn't actually spoil any plot. The Lore in Soul Sacrifice is pretty top notch anyways.
>>
>>376502795
>Unfortunatly my wifi is rather random so I can't play much online.
Shame, Alice's endless dungeon is great fun with friends.
>>
>>376503952
I never got farther than like, floor 10 in Wonderland thanks to only allowing certain builds not by any actual restriction but how stingy the game is with keeping your charges, and if someone leaves, that's it.
>>
>>376503952
Well, I can play on some weekend when I visit my parents.

>>376503728
Yeah, I don't know i feel like it's better to go read the entry after killing the monster for the first time. I'll read them all anyway.

Now that I think about it, how's soloing the game ? Are the monsters hughe hp sponges like in Toukiden ? I've killed Jack-O-lantern this morning and it feel like the monster goes down relatively fast.
>>
>>376504296
You can pick partners to do shit with you (if you save them), though I think the story quests you're stuck with what they give you.

They've balanced things pretty well because in the original game, killing shit took forever because you had really terrible offerings to work with. Like in Delta, you have Bronze->Silver->Gold->Black for offering ranks, well there was like wood and stone before that. They just got rid of those.
>>
>>376504461
Delta really seems to have improved a lot.

By solo I mean no partner.
>>
File: abyssal fiend.jpg (124KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
abyssal fiend.jpg
124KB, 500x500px
>>376504696
They balanced the arm types. In the original there was no reason to do anything but dark arm. Light arm is just as viable now thanks to the various new offering types they added. Each arm type has a summoned weapon preference too (Dark has arms, Neutral has axe/sword and Light has spears)

the crossover fights are worth doing even if you're doing the lower tier ones because they tend to be really, really good offerings. The Toukiden one offers the best Blood and Arm offerings in the game.
>>
>>376504924
>Crossover fight

What the fuck. Look like I'll need to check the dlc.

Anyway thanks for all the answers
>>
>>376505104
There's Crossover content with Toukiden (Abyssal and Cthonian Fiend), Freedom Wars (Dionaea) and God Eater (Marduk)
>>
>>376502795
In some games the back touchpad functions as an r2/l2
>>
File: sadhunta.png (47KB, 125x153px) Image search: [Google]
sadhunta.png
47KB, 125x153px
>Try to get into SS through demo
>Couldn't get into it because I'd tried to melee everything like its MH and got my ass kicked by Cerberus
>>
>>376505273
Dionaea is the dragon thing no ?
Freedom Wars was great but was seriously missing in term of monsters
>>
File: 2017-04-20-144307.jpg (113KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-20-144307.jpg
113KB, 960x544px
>>376504045
>never got farther than like, floor 10 in Wonderland thanks to only allowing certain builds
I regularly solo the dungeon with a simple Earth Fist build, but almost any build is viable as long as you make it work for the Dungeon, Weapon builds, Blood builds, Special Magic builds, the trick is getting the right timing for recharges and dying and reviving at the right time to maximize offerings.
You can get to floor 50+ easily alone.
>>376504296
>Now that I think about it, how's soloing the game ?
Depends on your build really, game is plenty soloable but you need quite a lot of skill depending on how you build your characters, a pure offense Avalon 1/99 build for instance requires a lot of skill if you're soloing since at high rank you die in one hit to anything, but you can pull out insane damage too and finish anything in a two or three minutes, tank Sanctuary builds focus more on support and survivability so they're good for people who can't dodge or defend, but at the same time any mission will take forever because your damage output will always be laughable, Grim is a balanced path that favours builds that have both decent offense and survival potential, but it's a bit more gimmicky than Avalon builds when it comes to attacking, and not even remotely as powerful.
Basically, the game changes a lot on how you build your characters and the kind of spells you use, soloing difficulty is influenced a lot by that, you can also play with NPCs, but that's not really soloing and takes away a lot of the challenge.
>Are the monsters hughe hp sponges like in Toukiden
Not even close, unless we're talking about Minotaurs/Ogres, but even them go down pretty fast if you have a reasonable damage output, as long as you have the right offering rank there's really no HP sponge.
>>376505104
Daitenma/Goenma fights are great in SSD, do get the DLC.
>>376505397
If you wanna melee Cerb you absolutely need an evasion spell, SS monsters hit like a truck compared to MH monsters.
>>
>>376500734
>G rank
Drop it senpai, it's nowhere near MH games

I wish the Vita had good hunting games but sadly, your best bet is MHFU on it
>>
>>376505973

It was just an exemple. I also have a 3DS anyway.

Plus the worst mh clone I played for now was Toukiden Kiwami so heh.

>>376505720
Look like Avallon is the best play style.
>>
>>376505973
>it's nowhere near MH games
It's much better than the vast majority of MH games.
>>376506130
>Look like Avallon is the best play style.
As long as you're good enough to afford it, yeah, Avalon shits on everything.
Problem is if you do a true Avalon build you can't do much other than attacking directly, if you like more tricky stuff like Parasites, most ranged spells, time and space shenanigans and so on you're out of luck because Avalon doesn't give you boosts for those, healing in a Avalon build is next to non existent, most Avalon sigils also severely nerf other really useful stuff like Armor spells, the Durahan gives you a very powerful Armor spell but it's pointless on Avalon builds because you still have next to no defense and HP and chances are some of your sigils cut down the duration of the armor spells by more than half.
Avalon is a high skill, high risk/high reward faction, if you're really good at the game or want a real challenge the 1/99 build is the way to go, but you really need to know the game inside out to just not die again and again, keep in mind that when you solo there's no carting like MH, if you die, you lose, so you better learn spacing, shout counters, charging, sustaining your offerings and everything else if you want to run an Avalon build.
>>
>>376506672
So what makes it better?

The shallow combat? The lack of things to do outside porting to the next arena?

The grimdark edgy enemies designed for 14 year olds?
>>
>>376506672
No him but it does seem like Soul Sacrifice is a better choice than XX, that I can tell you for sure.
>>
>>376506848
>The shallow combat?
The combat is anything but shallow, especially compared to MH.
>The grimdark edgy enemies designed for 14 year olds?
You're saying it like MH doesn't have it's share of garbage designs and isn't plagued by pallete swaps and reused assets.
>>
>>376500734
>Is there difficulty tiers ? Like low rank, high rank G rank.
Yes, 11+ stars are the G rank, you'll need to use black tier spells to handle them in a reasonable timeframe.

>Is there a way to play a quest again without having to mash throught the story dialogues ? Or will I have access to story free quests ?
Pretty sure there was a specific button to skip the story and just go to the mission page. Also there are a lot of non story missions in the game that are in a separate section.

>Why do I have a shitload of lore entry already unlocked. It spoil pretty much every monsters.
That's for you to read whenever you want to, you can also get some info on possible weak points of monsters before going to missions to fight them.
>>
File: Image-bloodborne-c01.jpg (269KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Image-bloodborne-c01.jpg
269KB, 1280x720px
>>376500734
The Japan Studio guys who were behind Soul Sacrifice and Bloodborne have been teasing some new project for the past 18 months that apparently will be shown off at E3 this year. I know most people are thinking it'll be another collaboration with From, but fuck, I really hope it's Sony giving the SS IP another crack.
>>
>>376507132
What if: Borne to Sacrificeâ„¢
>>
>>376507168
I remember reading someone a few months ago saying they felt that Inafune's screwed-up fairytale setting for SS would work well in a Souls/BB/Nioh-style game. Honestly, I don't really find myself disagreeing with that too much.

As long as they wouldn't call it Souls Sacrifice.
>>
>>376507132
>I really hope it's Sony giving the SS IP another crack.
Let's hope so.
The jump in quality between SS and SSD was huge, if they do end up making a new SS game I'm sure they'll make it even better, it's become my favorite hunting game, the only other games that are on the same level are MH4U and FU, and still SSD is just so different in design that I can't quite compare them anyway.
What saddens me is that the original SS story is over, so if there's going to be a new game it's gonna have a new setting and lore.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.