[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Love the original Xenoblade Chronicles, in my top 5 games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

>Love the original Xenoblade Chronicles, in my top 5 games of all time
>Really hyped for XCX on Wii U for years
>Preorder the super sweaty limited edition with the steelbook case, artbook, art cards etc
>Game arrives, hype at maximum levels
>Play 6 hours, get to the swamp area and never touch it again

The game felt so soulless and uninteresting compared to the original game, the lack of a decent, characterised and talking protagonist let the game down for me and I just didn't have as much fun or feel as drawn in as I did with the original game. I also found Mira to be a less compelling world or setting than Bionis/Mechonis. Am I wrong? Did I not give it a fair chance? Give me your own experiences, /v/.
>>
My first Xeno game, and I dumped the game at around Chapter 9 which I hear is right before getting mechs? It was a pretty unique game, but felt too much like an offline MMO, with the need to sometimes grind or prepare equipment and team-wise for some encounters.

The soundtrack gave me quite a shock though, pretty unique and quite catchy sometimes.

I don't know if I have the will to go back to it because I still kind of want to complete it.
>>
I actually really enjoyed exploring the world, especially once I got the mechs, but I stopped shortly after as the combat is so lackluster
>>
>>376497834
My story is the opposite of yours. Could never get into XC, but loved the shit out of XCX. Huge plot holes, but it was fun exploring and fun fighting.
>>
File: NotActuallyThatFast.jpg (456KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NotActuallyThatFast.jpg
456KB, 1280x720px
>>376498031
>around Chapter 9 which I hear is right before getting mechs?

You get mechs after Chapter 6
>>
>>376498157
Then it was Chapter 6, not 9.
>>
>>376498031
> with the need to sometimes grind or prepare equipment and team-wise for some encounters.

I don't doubt you, I did it too at first but once you get overdrive you literally never need to grind for equipment ever again as you will have literally %100 immunity and can take on any level monster (unless they have damage reflect)
>>
>>376497834
>soulless
Wew
>>
>>376498393
There's this weird thing that I've noticed where if you make content optional, then storyfags simply refuse to touch it.
He probably didn't do any of the cool sidequests, and the cool main story chapters are pretty far into the game playtime wise since things don't really pick up til the Ganglion assault on NLA in chapter 8, so he simply didn't get to it.
>>
>>376498745
I myself tried doing them at first but it really takes me out of it that if you decide to do quest and missions at all besides story you get overleveled in a heartbeat
>>
>>376498393
I'd describe Xenoblade X as many things, but soulless and uninteresting are not among them.
>>
>>376498846
X is actually a lot better about not over leveling the player than the first Xenoblade was.
Quests and exploration reward chump change for exp and the best way to level up is instead to fight enemies above your level because the exp scales WAY up based on the level difference.
>>
>>376498383
Bullshit i only last 30s in overdrive
>>
Main story was a let down but did i some pretty good side quest like professor b and the water plant. Give it try if you went but if you find it enjoyable next time your probably better off just dropping the game.
>>
>>376499031
Learn how it works
>>
>>376498846
There's a level cap and monsters that can go above it so you can never really overlevel to the point the entire game gets broken at least
>>
>>376497834
Are you me? My experience was identical to yours
>>
>>376499031
git gud

He probably means that's the end of your troubles in the mandatory content.
Because, tackling all the Tyrants takes quite a bit of grinding in some form or another.
If you're on foot you need some Overdrive related augs like Count Up or Duration Up if you want to reach infinite up time Overdrive, along with a good weapon and Potential gear
Meanwhile If you're going a skell route you're gonna need a 60 frame, some good weapons (dual Drones + R-Cannons, Diskbombs with MSL-MAG, or super weapons), and the right attribute resist augs in armor.
>>
If you guys dropped this game before finishing it you're missing out.

>All that mech/character customization.
>Character back story quests.
>All that exploration that gets even better when you unlock the flying module.
>>
File: Wii_U_screenshot_TV_01_C4_D-7.jpg (444KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Wii_U_screenshot_TV_01_C4_D-7.jpg
444KB, 1280x720px
>Will never be able to get the True Hero Achievement because online is dead

I tried to use the exploit of staying in the home menu until you were sure the global nemesis was dead and then jumping online to quickly get the final kill, but it just corrupted my save file.
>>
File: 2jds5ua.jpg (447KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2jds5ua.jpg
447KB, 1280x720px
>>376499529
>All that mech/character customization.

>when you get bored and decided to make the most powerful level 20 skell ever
>>
>>376497834
Shut off kyle
>>
File: 1454568607240.png (407KB, 587x646px) Image search: [Google]
1454568607240.png
407KB, 587x646px
I thought Mira was more interesting than Bionis/Mechonis but they did nothing with it. X was a practice run with HD assets. They decided to tone the story down while also trying online and customizable avatars for the experience. They wanted to avoid overwhelming themselves like they did with Xenosaga and ended up underwhelming everyone. It was a big experiment that somehow got some of the best enemy, armor, alien and world design I've ever seen in a game. All wasted on a game that was never going to go anywhere, because it was only ever going to be a practice run.
So while people praise Chronicles for having 80 hours of British voices as you plod slowly from landmark to landmark or painstakingly search for a single NPC to hand in a god awful quest, they shit over X for it's awful main story that ends just as it gets interesting even though the side content is actually fun to do thanks to much-needed improvements to quests and movement. And now they're back to doing proper length games with Xenoblade 2, with a style of shading that would've worked wonders for Kunihiko Tanaka's style, in a setting that looks like a rehash of Xenoblade 1 with a worse protagonist and waifuswords.

I'm platinum mad.
>>
>>376500005
That dude (Lao, I think?) and the clone were total bros, and were on my team more than Potato chan was.

I didn't even care that the dude did what he did.
>>
>>376499413
Thanks man
>>
>>376500563
Lao and Yelv were cool as fuck. Fry wasn't bad, either, but I typically threw a Elma in there just to keep it from being a total sausage fest, and to keep at least one other main story party member from being underpowered.
>>
File: IMG_0033.jpg (58KB, 546x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0033.jpg
58KB, 546x366px
>>376497834
>soulless
Either a shitpost or you genuinely didn't realize what you did. Either way I chuckled.
>>
File: does not comprehend.gif (2MB, 300x340px) Image search: [Google]
does not comprehend.gif
2MB, 300x340px
>>376500962
You silly humans and your souls. So silly.

I want to see how an entire city of people react to the fact that their bodies were never going to be saved and the plan that was instead used has malfunctioned horribly. I want to see a city of people react to the fact that they should all be fucking dead.
>>
>>376501406
Never gonna happen, it will just get covered up.
They'll say some bullshit about how the transfer device to put them back in their original body was damaged in the fight for the Lifehold and will appease people considering the future of humanity by shitting some random new humans out of the core the way that Elma had it make a cat.

>Yeah, of course they were one of the people selected.
>What do you mean you don't know them? Of course there's people in the 7 million on the ship you don't recognize
>>
>>376498383

Complete bullshit. Overdrive alone doesn't make you invincible and can't be done infinitely without proper augments. You can combine it with cheese builds to become nearly invincible, but you likely won't know about those unless you read up on them online.
>>
>>376497834

You probably just have shit taste. Xenoblade X's world is probably the most interesting and well-designed out of any game in existence. Xenoblade had an amazing concept for its world design, but the actual environments aren't quite as imaginative as X's. Makna Forest has nothing on Noctilum, Satorl Marsh isn't as otherworldly and beautiful as Sylvalum, etc.

Yes the first game is still better because it has a great story as well while X doesn't, but X is still at least a 9/10 game.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.