[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly reminder that Dark Souls II is an excellent game and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 2452140-dark-souls-gameplay.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2452140-dark-souls-gameplay.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
Friendly reminder that Dark Souls II is an excellent game and people only hate it because DaS1 had big shoes to fill, bolstered further by people's hardcore nostalgia goggles for it.
>>
I like DS2. Not as much as the first but at least it never reaches Bed of Chaos levels of shit.
Plus it had great weapons/armor sets. way better than the first for making themed characters and stuff. Powerstancing and bonfire asthetic are great mechanics too.
Not a fan of the gem/flask system tho. It was already perfect in DS1.
>>
>>376490136
I don't hate it but it's my least favorite souls, most of the bosses are shit
>>
>>376490136
The movement and combat feel really weird, but its still a great game, and some of the environments were incredible.
>>
>>376490136
I am a massive waifufag, and Dark Souls 2 had the superior waifu, but I still cannot support this game. Not even ironically. That's how shitty it was.
>>
>>376490136
But Dark Souls 2 was better than the original.
>more bosses
>more locations
>great weapons
>better stat system
>better hitboxes
>more difficult
Nothing to dislike.
>>
>>376491431
>more=/=bettter
>>
>>376490136

Something I've always wondered since DS2 threads don't come up often. Any lore fags know why the emerald herald is credited as two different voice actors on IMDB?
>>
>>376491783
She appears as a kid later in the game for whatever reason.
>>
>>376490136

No, I enjoyed the shit out of BB and DS3。
>>
I started my second playthrough a couple days ago and I must say, the lock-on sucks ass
>>
One thing dark souls 2 had going for it was expanding the left hand slots capabilities and adding powerstance movesets to weapons.

NG+ additions to bosses sounded good on paper but the most memorable ones were "add two more minor enemies" which is pretty pathetic.

At least they tried.
>>
>>376491431
>better hitboxes

k
>>
I somehow enjoyed it but I would be lying if I didn't estimate that I had ZERO fun with every single enemy encounter in the game.

By a large margin it is the most annoying soulsborne game thus far.

Over the entire course of the game enemies always seem to have way more poise than you can possibly overcome so you never stagger them and they just madly wail at you so every single enemy encounter is a pain in the ass and the game throws multiple of these assholes at you at any given time.

Having said that I think Shulva is the best location in any soulsborne games so far.
>>
>>376491431
>better stat system
>while ADP exists
>>
>>376490136
>a statue blocks your way
Fuck this shit.
>>
>>376492818

seriously

they could've at least put a locked door there or something
>>
>>376491783
Cut content I believe or something that just got lost when the game was scrapped and remade. The original story was supposed to be you journeying through the emerald herald's life or something, and you would see her at different ages. This is why there's concept art for her as a child.

>>376490136
90% of it is definitely nostalgia. I also think part of it is both games play differently. DS2 tends to have what you can call bullshit enemy placements that require you pull enemies or put some thought into how you approach the encounter. DS1 and DS3 you just kill each enemy as soon as you see them and you're fine.
>>
Or maybe it's because the pre-release trailers show us one thing and the final product is completely different to what was shown.

One of the biggest downgrades I've ever seen.
>>
>>376490136
Nah, DaS2 was shit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.