[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just beat Act 1 of this damn thing. It's honestly kinda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: diablo-2-box-set.jpg (828KB, 1320x743px) Image search: [Google]
diablo-2-box-set.jpg
828KB, 1320x743px
Just beat Act 1 of this damn thing. It's honestly kinda boring, even on what's the highest difficulty I can do right now (that /players8 thing.) The game's sorta got the RPG part going, but is kinda braindead on the action part. Even then, it seems that there's minimal story/setting content, with most of the work done towards getting loot. Feels like more of a skinner box than MMORPGs do (especially if I am supposed to repeat the same exact stuff once I beat the game apparently just everything's stronger). Maybe it didn't age well, but I still don't see how it could've ever been passable as an ACTION rpg.
>>
>>376485770
this game is not an RPG.
>>
>the highest difficulty I can do right now (that /players8 thing.)

don't do this yet or ever, you idiot. Of course it's going to feel like an unfun slog if enemies have 4 times the HP and double the damage.
>>
>it seems that there's minimal story/setting content
It's not minimal just because you're not reading things or talking to people.
>with most of the work done towards getting loot
Yeah, that's pretty much what this game is.
>>
For the first time playing, I'd recommend playing it normally instead of players8.
>>
>>376486658
Nah man, this game is about watching your skeleton horde grow larger and larger and the radius of your corpse explosion grow longer and longer until you are a true lich king!
>>
>>376486003
Not in a "you role play shit" kinda way it isn't. But in a number crunching, crawl dungeons kinda way it is. Probably the only thing going for it.

>>376486136
>>376486851
I know. I changed it partway through, hoping for a less braindead experience. Nothing changed except things take a couple more hits to die and I got better loot so things still don't take that long if at all to die. players1 or 8, my problems with the game so far are still there either way.

>>376486658
>It's not minimal just because you're not reading things or talking to people.
But I have read everything and talked to everyone so far. This bit is the disappointing one! Seeing how all the talkable NPCs have both a gossip option and one where they give their own comments on quests they didn't even give me was so cool, only to be let down with what limited information they say. Not helpful in expanding the setting, nor from a "it's near this place" gameplay perspective either, it's some form or another of "getting this shit done, PC."
>>
>>376486975
Ah, my mistake.
>>
>>376485770
I don't want to make it sound like that one WoW argument where "you haven't gotten to level X yet" but it's true that the meat of Diablo II is building your character through all of normal and into nightmare. That means having some nice rares or uniques, plus chasing after those runewords according to your to-do list that you theorycrafted (or googled) among other things.
>>
>>376486854
I always took bone wall just so I could trap my buddy in a billion walls. I could create them as fast as his berserker could destroy them. Shit was fun.
>>
It hasn't aged well, pick up a more recent game of the genre like Path of Exile.

It's also kinda retarded to judge the game after one act and use that experience to paint the entire game as a skinner box.
>>
its probably pretty shit if you play it for the first time today, apart from the awesome music and charming sprites.

if you aren't looking forward to that 1% string of ears dropping or whatever there's no buzz or anticipation.
>>
File: 1242957578153.png (119KB, 450x322px) Image search: [Google]
1242957578153.png
119KB, 450x322px
>>376485770
>MMORPGs
>>
>>376485770
>play ONE act
>start complaining and analyzing the whole game
holyshit. Do you watch 15 minutes of a movie and then assume the rest? Do you not understand character progression and that the good stuff comes lv30+? Is this your first arpg?
>>
Millenials; The Thread.
>>
>>376485770
>plays arpg
>is surprised it's loot-centric

sort yaself
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.