[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motion controls failed, 3D gaming didn't even have time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 5ck0lJu.jpg (194KB, 1620x599px) Image search: [Google]
5ck0lJu.jpg
194KB, 1620x599px
Motion controls failed, 3D gaming didn't even have time to get its foot in the door to fail, VR failed, what's the next video game gimmick on the horizon?
>>
File: you think this is a game.gif (1023KB, 265x260px) Image search: [Google]
you think this is a game.gif
1023KB, 265x260px
AR
>>
>>376483519
When did motion controls fail? Nintendo has them down pretty well.
>>
>>376483930
Wii had it's moment with them but Sony's crap and Microsoft Kinect failed, and even Wii failed because it's not around anymore, so at its best it was a passing fad. It didn't make any lasting impact in the gaming fermement.
>>
>>376484070
I suppose. But gyro counts as motion, too. Both the Wii U and Switch made good use of it. PS4 has it too but I don't recall any game actually involving it to any degree.
>>
>>376483930
Motion controls failed when Nintendo stopped making motion controls the core element of the games they developed for the console they conceptualized and developed primarily around motion controls. The only developers making motion-controlled games are shovelware developers.
>>
>>376484190
Second Son. That's pretty much it.
>>
Cramming politics into non-political games. In the west, at least.
>>
>>376484190
That "good use" is really wasted when it's in a genre that should be using a mouse instead
>>
>>376484190
Hold up, gyro is when you tilt the controller and the game responds, correct? Gravity Rush 1 and 2 utilized it pretty well, if controlling the camera counts. It was much more efficient than using the stick.
>>
>>376483519

VR failing is a meme. Just tried it for the first time last weekend.

PSVR is the worst of the bunch and it still felt immersive. Statik is a grade A+ puzzle game whose only flaw is the length.

It's super fun. Honestly if the second generation has marked improvement over the current generation I'd definitely consider buying one.
>>
>>376484710
Nothing wrong with a different control scheme that still works incredibly well. Gyro aiming is fucking on point.

>>376484780
I suppose it counts, as camera control is part of gameplay. But yeah, I remember being able to both sticks to do shit and then use motion to move the camera felt really good.
>>
File: 1481273708494.jpg (49KB, 447x723px) Image search: [Google]
1481273708494.jpg
49KB, 447x723px
>>376483519
>what's the next video game gimmick on the horizon?
Streaming games.
Games that require some part of them installed on your phone.
Games that require more buttons than a controller has.
Multiple role co-op games.

>>376484881
No, its fucking dead. There will be no 'next generation' if these are all the sales they're getting.
>>
>>376484650

It's a organised assault n games at this point. People want it the same as film and TV.

I appreciated that the industry has lots of voices of reasoning, left. That why e celebs get attacked a lot, because a lot of them wont sell out. and actually give their own thought out opinions.
>>
>>376485560
I'd imagine the poor sales are due to the fact that actual gamers aren't stupid enough to be duped into buying tech they know isn't advanced enough yet. VR gaming is definitely something to look forward to in the future, but it just isn't ready at this point.

And complete immersion will likely never happen unless we go full Matrix with the brain jacks.
>>
>>376485560
>Games that require more buttons than a controller has.
There are already entire genres that do this, consolebab. Have been for decades.
>>
>>376486053
The last console i owned was the n64. I'm the one making the prediction from the PC only side, as I see more and more people buying controllers and excusing shitty ports.

iphone generation is too stupid to use a mouse and keyboard, and the games in the future that do will all be gimmicks.
>>
>>376484190
Bently's Hack Pack would be 33% better without the stupid fucking gyro controls.
Instead of being a complete pain in the ass to complete, It would be fun as fuck to complete
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.