[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you first realize that every single complaint you have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: yooka.jpg (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yooka.jpg
279KB, 1920x1080px
When did you first realize that every single complaint you have of this game is true of Banjo as well if you take off your nostalgia goggles?
>>
File: IMG_20160614_144625.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160614_144625.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
i dont have complains towards Yooka and I replayed Kazooie and Tooie not so long ago and both are great games.
>>
>>376469328
>is true to Donkey Kong 64
ftfy
>>
>>376469328
I didn't play banjo originally or this.
I decided to emulate banjo just to see if I would like this sort of game.
Yes, every complaint that I read about in the reviews are exactly the same problems in banjo.
Therefore, if you liked banjo, you would like this.
>>
Its too late, they already offended an e-celeb /pol/ likes. There will be no discussion
>>
>>376471465
/pol/ only pretends to like things when their opinions are represented
>>
>>376469328
Fans of Tooie will like it.

Kazooie and Tooie are fundamentally different from each other
>>
File: 1490498939983.jpg (72KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1490498939983.jpg
72KB, 605x605px
I backed the game and was promised a version for Wii U but they cancelled that so I ordered it for PS4 and then they sent me a steam code. I've emailed them and they say they won't give me a PS4 code. Anyone else have a similar problem?
>>
>>376469328
if anything yooka layee is comparable to tooie's worst worlds, but 5 times bigger for no reason.
banjo kazooie 1 is a solid experience.
>>
My biggest complain is that there are too many loading zones that teleport you to a nonsense location.

In Banjo Kazooie if you walked into a loading zone, you went to a logical location. In Yooka Laylee you just teleport to a random spot that makes no sense.

For example, in the first level you walk into a door on the tower and come out another door back to the outside. In BZ you would have actually gone inside the tower.

Because of this, the level design is just not nearly as good.
>>
>>376469328
Sorry I don't suport nu-make devs with SJW opinions.
>>
I never really liked Banjo but YL's controls are clearly worse and the game is less polished.
>>
>>376471793
Haha wow they think you'll get it if they don't give it to you or something?
>>
>>376469328
>>376471392
But isn't one of the biggest complaints of the game the fact that the first level is the best one and they fall off hard after that and that the frame rate chugs at times and that some of the transformations are just useless

Banjo has none of that
>>
Yooka-Laylee has way more wrong with it than either Kazooie or Tooie, and I say this as someone who's fairly critical of Kazooie. There's really no defending the egregious blunders made in YL.
>>
>>376469328
>Stamina bar
>Worlds look like they're made in Halo Forge because of Unity
>5 whole worlds
Some of them, sure, but not all
>>
>yooka shills moving goalposts

HURR IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE OUR UNINSPIRED AND CLUNKY VERSION OF BANJO YOU NEVER LIKED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. LOL DUDE THIS CLASSIC HAD FLAWS TOO OUR GAME ISN'T THAT WORSE FUCK YOU
>>
>>376472380
>Haha clunkyyyyy xdd
>>
File: 1338502922001.jpg (36KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1338502922001.jpg
36KB, 512x384px
>>376472380
>game says it's going to be x
>game is x
>people hold it against game that it is x and not y
>>
>>376472050
If they don't give me a version I can use then I won't support any game they do, let alone this one.
>>
>>376473036
Where in Yooka-Laylee's advertising did it specify that it was going to be shit?

I'm waiting.
>>
>>376469328
grant kirkhope fucking sucks i don't like atonal fucking cartoon music that is intentionallly shitty for babies
>>
>>376469328

>Playtonic:Hey guys help us fund this Banjo styled throw back game, it'll be a 3D platformer/collectathon styled game just like Banjo was
>Reviewers/pissbabies too young to have played Banjo: WHAA WHAA THIS GAME IS TOO MUCH LIKE A 3D PLATFORMER COLLECTATHON WHAA WHAA

The fuck were people expecting?

I think its a fun game, its got flaws but its a nice fresh start for Playtonic, I hope they can take what they have and improve in the future or maybe they'll try another project

It's less charming than Banjo for sure though
>>
>>376473297
>less charming than banjo

Because the character was such a unique concept. A fucking bear in shorts and a vest with a backpack that holds the other character, add the fact that the dialogue is just UMBA DUMBA BUMBA and the game just oozes charm
>>
File: yl.png (1MB, 1580x775px) Image search: [Google]
yl.png
1MB, 1580x775px
>>376473197
Circled it for you senpai
>>
File: 1486270738329.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1486270738329.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>376473535
Why do you hate life?
>>
>>376473535

>in a vest

You've never played Banjo have you
>>
>every single complaint is true of banjo as well

Not true. Banjo devs didn't get political and remove voices to virtue signal to SJW's.

Your post is factually incorrect, OP.
>>
Banjo is a literally 20 year old game

I shouldn't be seeing 20 year old problems in new games.
>>
>>376473981

>SJW

Is he fitting in yet /v/?
>>
>>376469328

It's more similar to Tooie to a certain extent, except levels are far bigger and badly designed. Plus, the artstyle and music are shit.

If you really believe this game is comparable to Kazooie in terms of quality and pacing, you're an underage fag and shouldn't be browsing 4chin
>>
>>376474318
That explains why framerate issues and slowdowns are still a major issue in over half of the games that are released every year.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.