[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is every class in this game so broken? >regenerate is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Fortuner.png (161KB, 963x588px) Image search: [Google]
Fortuner.png
161KB, 963x588px
Why is every class in this game so broken?

>regenerate is almost a full heal every turn
>free mana every turn
>insane defense buff that is instant the turn you activate it
>status debuffs and attacks that do even more damage when applied

Mana is basically trivial and I never have to use items. I feel like there hasn't been an encounter so far that has given me issues ever since I got this class. Only the beginning felt like an uphill battle due to lack of SP for skills. All the other classes feel like they do some crazy damage as well with setup and the Agent is also an infinite mana battery with their hacks.
>>
Wait until you unlock the last two classes before talking about broken classes. Especially banishers that can almost kill every dragons in one turn.
>>
>>376459174
Power is a good feeling in an RPG. I think I ran punchmaid hackerboobs and shotasamurai for the whole game and never had a problem outside of the status ailment boss.

I didn't know you could trade class levels for stat bonuses until the post-game. I enjoyed it, though. My biggest complaint was that punch combos don't work on trash since everything dies too quickly, but being able to go all out on bosses was nice.
>>
>>376460032
I played 7th dragon PSP. Compared to that this game is WAY to easy, but the class synergy is a whole lot more fun to mess with. I seriously wish it had a hard difficulty or something since I know this game will probably never get a sequel or remaster.

So far my favorite class is the Yu-Gi-Oh class
>>
>>376460284
>Troy Fire and Maple Tear, plus the other chase bullshit Agent has

This game would be way better than Etrian Odyssey if it had some difficulty.
>>
>>376460490
Are the chases good? I think I ignored them entirely on my run and just focused my agent on hacking and then making people fight each other.
>>
>>376460745
So far troy fire does pretty good damage after every fire attack I do, coupled with my Duelist X-burn, the damage racks up fast, especially since X-burn does a huge nuke on the third turn. It works even better in my favor because Troys increase Hacking chance, so it lets me hacks dragon easier to disable them with madstrife, or recover Mana with Scapegoat. I still can't believe I found such a powerful combo really early into the game, I admit it requires a lot of setup though, you could get this off way faster with Samurai using Maple tear and spamming regular attacks instead of X-burn. I can also opt for Troy Ice instead and just spam ice skills with my Duelist while the Rune Fencer does his ice thing, the point is Agent is already synergizing with a lot of shit. I feel like Godhand and Fortuner are just pure support and kinda do things on their own though.
>>
>>376461149
Oh, yeah. It feels like EVERYTHING combos together. My agent had the "shoot everything in front of you" button and my samurai had the "chop everything in front of you" button and by about midgame I was destroying trash on the first or second round so my punchmaid never got to do a thing.

I didn't mind it on the trash so much, and dragons+bosses gave me a bit more to chew on. Godhand's got some nice debuffs and effects but they take several turns to get rolling, even with the +combo stance.

You're making me want to play it through again, though. And I never did finish the post-game, I think I only did the first three parts to it.
>>
>>376461495
>>376461149
Funnily enough my Agent was support on bosses, since the healing+ and her damage didn't really match what samurai and godhand could mete out. It really depended on whether or not I could land Hack on a boss, and then it was free MP and skipped turns to self-damage.

When you unlock Ultimate skills it really trivializes boss fights. It's kind of a shame since it makes things even easier but it feels good to be so powerful.
>>
>>376461495
Well I am having a lot of fun with it thats for sure. I might bother with the post-game myself.
>>
>>376461748
You won't be terribly surprised by it. I found myself relying a lot on ultimates to make it smoother, but as mentioned I didn't realize you could trade level progression for stats so I was probably unprepared in the scheme of things.

Enjoy it, the game's got a cool aesthetic and while not terribly difficult it's a nice ride (as far as I'm concerned).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.