[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that it's been six months, looking back at it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: FFXV-5.jpg (81KB, 496x618px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-5.jpg
81KB, 496x618px
Now that it's been six months, looking back at it was it really THAT bad?
>>
I never followed the hype so it was an ok game for me.
7/10 at least there's no Hope or Snow in your party.
>>
it wasn't that bad, it was worse
>>
OH DARLING DARLING STAND BY MEEEE
>>
>>376458995

>yfw this starts plaing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfo9QoqKIw0
>>
>>376458743
Depends on who you ask. Threads here are forever doomed though and you know it, just play some other stuff and move on
>>
YUP.
>>
xv killed my dog and stole my car
>>
>>376459354
And now you're out for revenge
>>
>>376458743
I liked it a lot.
8/10
>>
File: 1462123748781.gif (3MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1462123748781.gif
3MB, 300x169px
I just bought it, never even played a FF game before

Watched a lot of gameplay videos and it looks fun
>>
Is all the DLC out yet or what? I want to play the complete version.
>>
>>376459713
There'll never be a fully complete version. And no, only one of the 3 episodes are out and there'll be multiplayer DLC, character creator and shit after that. Just play it on PC in a few years when it's not even the same game anymore
>>
>>376459830
How was the Gladio DLC, I'm assuming it fills in the part where he randomly leaves your party without explanation?
>>
>>376458743
I enjoyed my playthrough when it came out, now waiting for the summer update for PS4 Pro optimizations and whatever else they're bringing. How have they changed chapter 13?
>>
No, and the bromance allowed me to live in a fantasy world where I had friends.
>>
>>376459906
Yeah, more or less. It was alright i guess. Not really better or worse than the rest. They should've released the first episode for free though to make up for the delay imo.
I won't even play the other episodes though, it just feels so weird going back to it after i'm already done with it
>>
this game was fucking shit and a disgrace to the final fantasy name I wish this shit didn't exist its so fucking cringey of a game. The world is shit and all the characters are shit the summons are shit the enemies are shit and the battle system is shit!! 0/10 game

fuck modern gaming
>>
>>376459981
The Ring now destroys everything and wastes less time on cooldown and they added an alternative route where you play as Gladio.
There's also added scenes where you can see how Ravus died like a lil bitch
>>
>>376458743
Trash goes in the _____
>>
>>376460272
Oh nice. Maybe one day we'll actually be able to play the complete game.
>>
>>376460591
Chapter 13 made you drop the game entirely?
>>
>>376458743
It was just painfully mediocre. Could have been great.
>>
>>376460859
No I competed it, I mean once they add all the extra scenes and shit in.
>>
>>376460272
I expected way more from that cutscene, it really didn't add much. If they continue at this pace maybe Luna will have a few more lines at the end of 2020
>>
You can tell they dulled everything down from the story to boss difficulty to controls expecting it to be a normie hit and it was. Expected a FF to cater to all demographics and prepared to be disappointed like with 13 but was surprised it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be in the end. The delayed DLC shilling is horrendous though
>>
>>376460272
>and they added an alternative route where you play as Gladio
How does this work exactly? Is it just a segment where the perspective switches over to the bros and you're controlling Gladio for it? Or can you actually choose to go through ch. 13 as Gladio instead of going through Noctis' portion?
>>
>>376460951
My bad I misread your original post, it sucks that it'll probably be an additional year before they finally add everything in through DLC and what not.

Ignis deserved better.
>>
>>376461249
It isn't integrated into the main story, it's a separate mode you choose on the main menu
>>
All I remember of the story is Altissia and being seriously bummed about World of Ruin. It's extremely uneventful.
>>
Not as good as some people want it to be and not as bad as some say. Kinda mediocre and it obviously cut too many corners. I won't even go back to it, the DLCs and updates take forever and i'd rather watch them on YT than having to go thourgh hte whole game again just to see a few seconds of cutscenes that don't really add much
>>
>>376461348
it is in the story though. when you get to that part it asks you which path you want to take (noctis or gladio) it doesn't let you do the other path after you complete it either
>>
It wasn't unplayable but it was boring enough for me to stop playing. It's shallow as fuck and when it came out it felt like a fucking early access game with that whole planned out schedule of dlc and fixes they had in mind that should have been there to begin with. I even remember them talking about this before the release about how they planned on supporting the game for a long time which to me was a big fucking red flag.
>>
Not bad but Persona 5 so far is blowing it out of the water.
>>
>>376458743

If you like Action games with RPG elements, then it was good enough.

If you like Actual RPGs or Final Fantasy, then no, it was shit.

But in 10 years all the 11 year olds who are playing the game now will say how amazing it was when they buy the re-release. just like what's going on with FF12 right now.
>>
>>376458743
No its not, but its not THAT great either. It a solid 7/10 how it is now. But none of the parts of the game were really fully realized. The story, combat, world, all need a lot of work. Not only that but there's not really any replay value, once youve done everything, the funs over. I'm really hoping Square shells out some decent DLC to make this game more than slightly above average
>>
It wasn't bad, the narrative just falls apart after chapter 9 and was a snail's pace before that.
>>
idk i only played an hour of it
>>
>>376459906
Its a solid hour long. Then it gives you a unique boss fight. And gives you a half hour extra part to play as Gladio during chapter 13. All in all, about 2 hours worth of entertainment, so if they keep this up with Prompto and Ignis then we got 6+ hours of game. woopdeedoo
>>
>>376461490
>dat absolutely garbage negotiation scene that changes absolutely nothing.
I laughed.
>>
It's fucking awful
It was the first time in a very long time where I absolutely couldn't fucking wait for it to end but I'd already spent like 4 hours on it and figured I may as well see it through
>>
>>376464425
FF12 has always been both a great game and great RPG.
>But muh turnbased
Fuck off
>>
>>376464920
>Proving his point
>>
>>376464920

>but muh muh meme

12 is a mediocre action game that can play itself.

RPGs are named after tabletop games, which must be turn based. Anything that isn't turn based, isn't a full RPG. Action games with RPG elements are not RPGs.

The action game with RPG elements is a stale genre that can't go in any other direction, and hasn't for literally a decade. The only reason people like them is because of name recognition. Just because you just turned 18 doesn't mean you have good opinions.
>>
>>376458743
If you skipped 13, it was okay. If you played 13, it was a masterpiece.
>>
>>376464864
oh man, I had forgot about that part
>that ugly boring dyke cunt prime minister
>still had more character development than your wife to be
>>
>>376464591
The narrative was non-existent to begin with. I watched the movie and I was still completely fucking dejected with this game

>oh my dad died
>lol back to camping i guess let's go see some giant cocks
>>
>>376464760
How's the fight with Cor?
>>
>>376465182
This piece of shit makes 13 look good. At least 13 is a complete game with a tangible plot. At least 13 had the fucking decency to put all of the inane worldbuilding bullshit into a codex/glossary instead of just OMITTING IT ENTIRELY AND PRETENDING LIKE IT'S COMMON KNOWLEDGE
>>
>>376465341
>It's another 'I didn't listen to the radios or read the magazines so I think that the game had no world building' post
>>
>>376465275
Actually done well. He's hard as hell, and it forces to understand the mechanics of the game(Gladio) for once, without relying on your teammates.
>>
File: smarmy doggo.jpg (22KB, 718x512px) Image search: [Google]
smarmy doggo.jpg
22KB, 718x512px
>>376465430
>it's another "delusional FFdrone tries to excuse the decision to put loads of plot in a movie that nobody watched" post
>>
>>376465102
Glad you could tell us all the Infinity Engine games aren't RPGs due to them being real-time.
>>
>>376465565
Don't forget there was an anime too. The game put important information in three hours of outside media across a movie and an anime.
Blows my mind that anyone thought that was a good idea.
>>
>>376458743
Yes.

Combat was boring "hold X to win"
Can only accept one hunt at a time
Can only have one quest marker active at a time
Refilling the car felt arbitrary
Important plot shit happens off screen and is told only by newspapers or radios. Or the movie. or the anime
>>
There's more meat in 2 hours of every jrpg that in this game in 40 hours.

It was enjoyable for me but that's it, the game itself is crap, the other thay I was looking at my library of games and I was shocked when I saw it, literally forgot I had it.

One of the most forgettable games I have ever played to be honest, what the fuck where they doing, the lack of direction is unbelievable.
>>
>>376465102
>FF12
>action game
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>376465713
Its not even THAT important of information, and is only briefly mentioned in-game. The stuff that happens in Kingsglaive really doesnt have shit to do with FFXV, only the simple fact that Nifleheim invades Insomnia killing pops and sending Luna on the run is a major plot point to the game, it could of(and did) explain all that in a short cutscene. It doesnt go into explanation why the demon magic is bad or the fate of Ravis or the Emperor, its all unnecessary filler.

Same with Brotherhood, its just lame ass backstory for the bros that sometimes is referenced to with a line of dialogue here or there
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.