[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Halo 6 be successful if they just copied Reach's mechanics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: downloaden-halo-reach-pc.jpg (424KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
downloaden-halo-reach-pc.jpg
424KB, 1920x1200px
Would Halo 6 be successful if they just copied Reach's mechanics and put it on PC as well?
>>
>>376458267
>Reach's mechanics
The same mechanics copied from CoD?
>>
>>376458267
They kind fucked the franchise. The last three games have only sold fractions of what they used to.
>>
Reach was fucking garbage. People shit on 343 but all they did was continue the direction Reach was headed in

>Put a billion enemies on screen at once
>Have a headshot sensitive weapon or be completely helpless and useless
>Half of the deaths wont be your fault or preventable in any way. Elites having instant, untelegraphed and one hit kill melee attacks started with reach
>The concussion rifle
>plasma weapons being useless in general
>>
>>376458529
This. I tried to go back to it. What an obnoxious game to play.

You can jump in and play any of the other games on Legendary. But this one so many of the deaths just feel like cheap bullshit. AND THERE'S SO MANY FUCKING ENEMIES.

It's an absolute chore to play.
>>
>>376458529
100% This
>>
>>376459072
>You can jump in and play any of the other games on Legendary. But this one so many of the deaths just feel like cheap bullshit.
You can't say this when you're concerning 2 and 4. Reach is the easiest of the series on legendary, and the easiest to do a no death run in.
>>
>>376458529
>sprint
>get out of jail free armor lock
>active camo that doesnt even work
>braindead AI squadmates that cant kill anything (but at least cant die)

literally bungies fault halo 4 and 5 are the way they are
>>
>>376458529
Nah reach was awesome
>>
>>376459298
The only thing difficulty about 2 is the Jackal snipers
>>
>>376459383
And there's nothing near that degree in Reach. It's so fucking easy. Every single elite that tries to melee you is a free kill because all you have to do is jump up.
>>
>>376458267
Should just copy invasion mode
>>
>>376458267
COD is already on PC.
>>
>>376459329
Don't forget "return to battlefield or die".
>>
>>376458529
>put a billion enemies on screen at once

This is what made me dislike the game. It's just a chore. It was the same in halo 3.

We went from a Spirit dropship dropping 2 jackals, 4 grunts, and 2 elites in CE, to a dropship in reach dropping ten jackals, 12 grunts and 6 elites in Halo Reach

It's fucking obnoxious. it isn't fun. Sure I CAN kill them all. But it really dims the fucking experience.
>>
>>376459724
>It was the same in halo 3
No it wasn't, Halo 3 was actually fun.
>>
>>376459836
Still a fucking meat grinder
>>
>>376459963
No it isn't
>>
>>376460010
hes right. Bungie straight up said they wanted to put more enemies on screen in Halo 2 and couldnt until Halo 3 with the new hardware. And it shows immediately. It's the first thing anyone playing the game will notice
>>
>reticle bloom

oh yes i sure loved having each 1v1 rely on RNG
>>
>>376460232
But Halo 3 was good.
>>
>>376458529
Took two too many posts to get to this. TPBP
>>
>>376460628
Nobody said anywhere that it wasn't. It's just where the "trash mobs" started. There's a LOT of grunts in that game
>>
>>376458529
I recently tried to replay it and hopped in on legendary
>stick an elite with a plasma
>he's only red he's fucked
>it doesnt kill him
>he charges and kills me with a melee attack that hits in like 1/6th of a second

Stopped playing there.
>>
>>376460795
Okay
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.