[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stellaris is now on sale for 40% off on Steam, and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 3

File: stellaris.jpg (14KB, 250x347px) Image search: [Google]
stellaris.jpg
14KB, 250x347px
Stellaris is now on sale for 40% off on Steam, and it's been out for a year now, which seems to be roughly when Paradox's games start feeling less incomplete and getting good. Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy this? Also does any of you know what the Nova Edition and Galaxy Edition are? As usual, Steam does a shit job explaining these. They just want you to buy them without knowing what you get, or something. And the final question, can the DLC be pirated if I buy the core game, like one can easily do with CK2 or EU4?
>>
It's not steam's fault, it's up to the publisher/developer to write up their store page

And there is no real discernable difference aside from cosmetics and non-game related shit
>>
Get it on Humble Bundle for $12
>>
>>376453998
usually thats like soundtrack + artbook shit

just get the humble monthly for 12 dollars and you get this game
>>
And yes It's starting to actually feel like a complete game now, although they stillhamore room to improve
>>
>>376454418
>It's not steam's fault, it's up to the publisher/developer to write up their store page
I don't guess I really thought that through but tbqh that makes more sense. It's real common on there though.
>>376454424
Wait what? I've never bought a Humble Bundle. Where's the one with Stellaris for $12?
>>
>>376454621
It's under the Humble Bundle monthly
>>
Buy base game, pirate dlc just like any other paradox game.
>>
>>376454759
Cool yeah I just wanted to be sure it was available. I don't pirate shit all the time but Paradox gets way too carried away with that shit so I don't mind.
>>
>>376453998
>do any of you know what the Nova Edition and Galaxy Edition are?
A waste of money

Buy the game in the humble monthly bundle. Not only is it $12, but will include other games that may or may not be shit. Only downside is no refunds or dlc.
>>
>>376455138
>>376454682
I'm probably either an idiot or a retard but I can't find this.
>>
>>376455197
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?hmb_campaign=Humble_Monthly_June_2017&hmb_source=banner&hmb_medium=banner
>>
>>376455673
Thanks dawg.
>>
>>376454759
You are the reason why they have to make so much DLC to sell.
>>
>>376453998
it's more simple than CK2 and you can't really compare the content EU4 has now to it that said it's the only game i hate because of the unoptimized late game lag.
>>
>>376454759
You (or anyone else) wouldn't happen to have a link to the pirate DLC would you?
>>376456690
Fuck off with that shit man. We're on 4chan.
>>
>>376453998
still waiting for complete edition after they stop making DLC, too lazy to pirate it
>>
>>376454759
if the main game is through steam, i presume it's just unlocking/adding something to the same folder etc, could steam or other find this out, i don't want to lose access to a hundred games due to a jewish company that leaves parts of the game behind a paywall...
>>
>>376453998

I've heard it plays more like 4x than grand strategy. Is that true?
>>
>>376457858
Yeah, it plays like a dumbed down and generally shitty Distant Worlds
>>
>>376457858
indeed
>>
I just got it on Humble Bundle for a dozen bucks. Do I file this shit under 4X or Grand Strategy?
>>
File: 1439363601877.gif (3MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1439363601877.gif
3MB, 300x225px
>>376455673
>subscription fee
>>
>>376458153
Subscribe and instantly cancel, you still get everything for the month.
>>
>>376457858
yep.
>>
>>376457858
Yup. It gets called grand strategy only because Paradox made it.
>>
>>376457964
>>376457965
Is it reminiscent at all of Master of Orion? MoO2 was my fucking shit back in the day.
>>
>>376458210
yeah right you fags said the same thing about g2a shield and swtor
>>
>>376458317
>>376458346

Not him, but is it still, how to put it, victory-focused? Like with Civilization or Endless Legend, I feel the need to work toward a victory condition. while in EU4, I just like expanding my country and have no beefs with just starting a new one even if I don't ever complete the game.
>>
>>376458453
Even if it wasn't true, you still get Stellaris for cheaper than Steam anyway. It literally gives you that activation key right away.
>>
>>376458472
>Not him, but is it still, how to put it, victory-focused?
Yes, unfortunately.
>>
>>376458472
>Endless Legend
Is this a good game? I started this and played for literally like 15-20 minutes and I didn't know what was going on and never came back to it. Before you go thinking I'm a retard, I didn't give up on it or anything, I was just playing something else really heavily at the time and kind of forgot I even had it.
>>
>>376458641
I liked it, but I still haven't played it too much myself. It's easier to understand if you already played Civilization or something. Only thing I don't like is the combat system, feels like it just gets in the way, but I think you can skip it. Not sure if that works late game though.
>>
>>376458472
It's a regular 4X, without any innovative mechanics or particular polish in any area.
>>
>>376458848
Where does the grand strategy part come in? I hope I didn't wasted $12 on this.
>>
>>376458472
the game has 3 victory conditions being:
>colonizing a certain percentage of the galaxy's planets
>eliminating or subjugating all other empires
>having the federation you belong to colonize a certain percentage of the galaxy's planets

That said I don't feel like the game beats you over the head with the need to achieve victory
>>
>>376459010
I think they were literally just trying to say that it isn't really grand strategy, famalam. But I love a good 4X game, especially sci-fi ones, so I'm optimistic about it anyway.
>>
did they make it fun to play now

are there rally points

is scanning automated and not anal?
>>
>>376459107
I like 4X anyway so it's not a big deal, but I've been more in a "I don't give a fuck about ever winning" kinda strategy mood.
>>
>>376458210
you can just pause it every month if you don't want to happen to resubscribe every time.
>>
>>376459210
I fucking love CK2 but that's the only game of its kind that I've really played so I can't really help you there. I bought it in a bundle with EU4, Vic2, and HoI3, but I have barely fucked with any of them.
>>
>>376459397
Same, but with EU4 instead. I got it over CK2 because I like the time period a bit more, but I'll probably get CK2 next. Hopefully Stellaris entertains me.
>>
>>376458453
lmfao
>>
>>376459560
EU4 is the next one of those I plan on playing but I haven't gotten to it yet. I obviously don't know your taste but I think you'll really enjoy the RPG aspects of CK2.
>>
>>376453998
I don't like the game. It has swedish indoctrination in it.
>>
>>376457479
>unoptimized late game lag
Oh no so the same problem as Sins of a Solar Empire? That's disheartening.
>>
Nobody has a link to Stellaris pirate DLC?
>>
>>376458453
This isn't g2a though.
>>
>>376453998
>is there any reason why I shouldn't buy this?
Yeah, it's still a boring, shallow game. Diplomacy is virtually nonexistent. Alien empires have next-to-no personality. Factions are absolutely pitiful. There is no economy. Unity costs 20 FUCKING DOLLARS.
>>
>>376459659
>swedish indoctrination
Do I even want to know? Some kind of /pol/ faggotry?
>>
File: chocolate.jpg (24KB, 443x326px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate.jpg
24KB, 443x326px
>>376459397
>tfw you realize that CK2 is The Sims:Fuedal Law Eugenics Adventure.

ck2 more similar to the sims than any other game. Even has all the +$300 worth of bloated dlc
>>
>>376459102
Can you limit the 3 victory conditions to say eliminating or subjugating all other empires? I liked to do that in Sins of a Solar Empire.
>>
>>376459642
Yeah, I'll like the RPG shit a lot. Just gotta get burnt out on EU4 more first I think.
Gonna try Stellaris without any DLC for now.
>>
>>376459812
Do you think the diplomacy shortcomings are something that could be fixed with new content?
>Unity costs 20 FUCKING DOLLARS
What is Unity? You lost me.
>>
>>376459659
what? the game has purging, castration, cannibalism, etc

if anything they get away with a lot more because its a fantasy game
>>
>>376459882
let me check
>>
>>376459912

Unity its a new in-game currency to buy skills to develop your civilization in certain ways, it was added in the most current update that also added the new DLC,

you dont really need to get the DLC to get to use Unity though , its jsut that the DLC adds some extra stuff that you get for buying shit with Unity
>>
It's a relatively uneventful 4X game which becomes tedious fast.
>>
>>376459882
I couldn't find anything about limiting victory conditions in the game setup options
>>
>>376459912
Eventually, maybe. The next patch is mostly QoL + bugfixes and balancing, so it'll be months before they overhaul any of those systems.

Utopia (not Unity, I'm dumb) is the DLC that accompanied 1.5. It adds some special bonuses, superstructures, and Civics. You can get some cool shit out of it, but it does little to change how you play a good 66% of the game. It's worth maybe $10. Lategame is fucking barren without it, but that's more a problem of how shitty vanilla was.
>>
>>376460363
Phooey thanks
>>
>>376457479
>late game lag
is it too much to ask for games that work properly these days?
>>
>>376453998
Only thing that Nova and Galaxy edition have that interest me is the spider race you get either one. Rest is just non game stuff like ost and a forum avatar.
>>
>>376460968
>spider race
Is this useful or important or just looks cool to you?
>>
>>376459748
The piratebay newfag
>>
>>376461216
>>376461216
just looks
>>
>>376461216
Its just cosmetic aka looks cool.
>>
>tfw leviathans and plantoid dlc is on sale but not utopia
fuck
>>
>>376457516
cs rin ru my man
>>
Didn't the developers remove certain mods they considered racist or was that somebody else?
>>
>>376463081
ya, I believe it was the mod that removed black human portraits from appearing. Not a big deal though since you can just change 1 or 2 text lines yourself and have the same affect.
>>
>>376457516
https://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=68551&hilit=stellaris
Rezmar (PBUH) is good about updating when new updates come out, so he'll probably upload 1.6 within like 1-2 weeks.
>>
>>376463518
kek
>>
>>376459168
You can set rally points on planets or fleets.
Automated surveying is a mid-game tech. Alternately just hold shift and queue up actions to survey a region.
>>
game is good, but the war aims is BS. example: get invaded by agrressive prick who kill two of my worlds. beat him back, destroy his Navy, and about ready to take some of his worlds, but NOPE game says i am only allowed to IF i declared that my war aim 50 minutes ago.

into the recycle bin it goes. Imagine Civ trying this horseshit
>>
>>376453998
It's still pretty barebones, there has only been 1/2 proper DLC, EU4 and CK2 have haf what already, a dozen
The next expansion should be better, Utopia felt a lot like they were just throwing the most popular requests, like buildable ringworlds and hiveminds

The Ascenscion things are pretty underwhelming, cybernetics and genetic manipulation are crap and have no flavor. Spiritualist though is GOAT and really deserves a playthrough
>>
>>376463081
It was their "community manager" and notorious cuckold Memeth, who literally got cucked into feminism. The mod removed blacks, asians and latinos from appearing, description was "No diversity here!" and it had more meme shit on the page.
Memeth removed it and there was a gigantic spergout everywhere. The mod eventually was restored without much fuss, it's European Phenotypes REBORN or something close. It's just a shitty nigger rigged edit, it doesn't even properly mod the portraits, it's just the white portraits pasted on top of the others.
>>
>>376466017
> it's just the white portraits pasted on top of the others.

I wonder if /pol/ is ok with this. All their white admirals and scientists could potentially be kangz and manchurians in disguise.
>>
>>376466212
Tecnhically speaking, all the files are named Human1, 2 and etc. so by replacing the graphics you've already removed the negro entirely
>>
>>376465390
Sounds like it might be better to wait for more content.
>>
>>376466425
This is literally every modern Paradox game ever made. It's always better to wait for them to age like 2-3 years before picking them up during a sale with the discounted batch of DLC.
>>
>>376466017
>cucked into feminism
Feminism is manly and based tbqhwy.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.