[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've spend the last 2 months to beat Persona 3 FES, Persona

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 1481247424475.jpg (497KB, 1279x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1481247424475.jpg
497KB, 1279x1170px
I've spend the last 2 months to beat Persona 3 FES, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5. I'm not blinded by nostalgia so my opinion is probably the most objective you can find out there.

>Music
P5 > P3 > P4

>Gameplay
P5 > P4 > P3

>Story
P3 > P5 > P4

>Male social links
P5 > P4 > P3

>Female Social links
P3 > P5 > P4

>Party dynamic
P4 > P5 > P4

>Dungeons
P5 > P4 > P3

>City / World building / Social sim aspect
P3 > P4 > P5

Overall I'd say that Persona 3 is the best game out of them all, I didn't play the answer but I heard it's shit anyways. When it comes to love interests P5 has some pretty good ones but they're simply not on the same level as Mitsuru. The party dynamic in 5 also completely fall apart after Madaremes palace, it's still not as bad as the one in P3 where everyone seems to be going his own way.
>>
>>376443803
Why is P5 at the bottom of the social sim aspect when it managed to make everything in the city useful, and gave real benefits to developing your S. Links. Those mechanics blow P3 and P4 out of the water.
>>
>>376443803
>P5 beats P3 by your own metrics in multiple catagories
>P3 is better
You're bad at this.
>>
>>376444117
Because tokyo is not as comfy and it has too many fucking loading screens between everything.

>>376444272
Who said that they're weighed the same?
>>
>>Party dynamic
>P4 > P5 > P4
>>
Childhood is when you love Persona.

Adulthood is when you realize Nocturne makes more sense

Pure gameplay and exploration>>>>Social sim shit that takes 80% of the game
>>
File: himZD0M.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
himZD0M.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>376444752
>nocturne
>good
Nocturnefags are cancer
>>
>>376444386
The loading screens are literally 2-3 seconds anon stop being picky
>>
tfw no P2
>>
>>376445090
Having to go through a million loading screens to go anywhere ruins immersion. They know this, so they implemented fast travel, which ruins the immersion even more. The game is riddled with choices that contradicts it's motive
>>
>>376444828
It is the dark souls of SMT

Aka only good one that changed the game
>>
File: 5.png (3MB, 1980x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
3MB, 1980x1080px
>>376443803
I personally haven't played P3, but I guess I can throw my hat in a little.

>Music
P4 = P3 > P5 (I still love the music in P5, but I remember more tracks from P4 and P3 more personally.)

>Gameplay
P5 > P4 > P3 (It's going to be difficult playing P3 without being able to command your party, and I'm not playing Portable because no anime cutscenes.)

>Story
P4 > P5 (I think both stories have their own great strengths, as well as their own weaknesses, but P4 had a strong good vibe feel that resonated a lot with me at the time I played it.)

>Male Social Links
P5 > P4

>Female Social Links
P5 > P4

>Party Dynamic
P5 > P4

>Dungeons
P5 > P4

>City/World Building
P4 > P5 (Even if I love Shibuya, I liked the quietness of Inaba a lot. I was bummed the school trip was to Hawaii and not Inaba, I want to see the grown up P4 protags.)

>Social Sim Aspect
P5 > P4 (P5 definitely takes this due to the variety of NG+ features.)

Overall while I still love P5, I think I played P4 at a time where certain things would hit me a lot more than they would now. I need to play P5's NG+ to see all the social links still, especially your teammates because I ended up only getting Ryuji and Makoto's to 10, but I love P4 too much. Gamewise, I think P5 takes it, but I feel like the stuff involving the TV world and how it worked was more interesting than Mementos.
>>
>>376443803
When you can't list persona 3's party dynamic but also can't decide where 4's goes
>>
>>376444117
Another thing I like about P5 social sim aspect is that you can actually fucking hang out with your max rank links. Who the fuck becomes someone's best friend or lover then fucks off forever?
>>
>>376444420
You can hate on P4 all you want but it's undeniably that the party felt like an actual crew of people. I don't know if it's because of golden and if the original was different but there were so many events with them all that they actually felt like friends.
>>
>>376445652
>Who the fuck becomes someone's best friend or lover then fucks off forever?
Someone who's hanging out with other social links now so they don't waste time?
>>
>>376445508
NG+ features? I'm only on second dungeon but never heard of this
>>
File: 1493123390506.png (173KB, 308x326px) Image search: [Google]
1493123390506.png
173KB, 308x326px
>>376445273
Are you seriously competing about fast travel? That's been in multiple persona games you fucking autist
>>
>>376445762
Multiple things carry over into NG+ including certain Confidant skills as long as you maxed their rank and got their unique item at the end of the game. Mishima has all his EXP bonuses carry over.
>>
File: 1380672824915.png (132KB, 255x318px) Image search: [Google]
1380672824915.png
132KB, 255x318px
>>376443803
>P5 is the worst in the social sim aspect even though it's objectively more varied and balanced.

>>376444386
>This is apparently because of loading screens and lack of 'comfiness', disregarding that Persona 3 had you dragging your ass through multiple loading screens to go anywhere, and was a tiny barren world.

Ok, cool blog post OP, I just thought it would be interesting to take note of how awful your 'non-blinded' opinion is
>>
>>376445681
The original still had a good amount of events. There was the school trip to collect garbage, that cooking event at home, the school festival where you crossdress, the hot springs, and a few more. I'm not really sure what Golden added since I haven't played yet.
>>
File: danza.jpg (13KB, 294x331px) Image search: [Google]
danza.jpg
13KB, 294x331px
>it's a faggot voices his opinion thinking he will get upvotes from le hivemind episode
>>
>>376446037
>City / World building / Social sim aspect
Why are you forgetting the other two points? Because it doesn't fit your narrative?
>>
>>376445935
There problem isn't that fast travel exist, it's that the way they implemented it you instantly warp to small areas where 1 Confidant is. You have no reason to walk around the world once you get them all, in any capacity
>>
>P4G let you set how much money/exp you would get and how much damage you dealt/took
>Could find Golden Hands relatively often

>P5's only version of grinding was letting the Reaper catch Despair during Flu Season
>>
Never played the others but P5 had some of the blandest cast of characters in the JRPG's i played, can't believe for the length of the game they could be this useless.

If this is meant to be the peak of persona boy the other games must have the shittiest characters ever
>>
>>376443803
>Opinion
>Objective

Doesn't work that way senpai.
>>
>>376446371
Can you reccomend some with a goat cast of characters?
>>
>>376444386
>Because tokyo is not as comfy and it has too many fucking loading screens between everything.

Speak for yourself, Tokyo was way more comfy than port island or inaba. I hate small towns though so i'm biased.
>>
>>376446786
>Speak for yourself
Who else am I speaking for but myself?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.