[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any games that deal with the downsides of immortality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1463040993569.jpg (127KB, 444x1000px)
1463040993569.jpg
127KB, 444x1000px
Are there any games that deal with the downsides of immortality? Like having a god who is bored with the world but cannot die, or something like that?

It always seems to be either elves with music and shit or immortal 12 year olds in bikinis.
>>
>>376440762
Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>376440974
at least you had a handy knife to kill yourself
>>
>>376441458
.. and be thrown into the eternal loop again, anyway
>>
>le "you will see all your friends die"

As long it's not this regurgitated meme. This can happen even in real life, except then you're not immortal. Being immortal is always better.
>>
>Tfw no game about an immortal protagonist who is on a quest to find a way to kill himself.
>Game starts out in medieval times and ends into the late future.
>Seeing your party members grow old and die during each generation.
>Protagonist never finds a way to die and in the end is cursed to live forever.
>>
Imagine a game where the main antagonist is secretly immortal and you only find out at the very end when you beat him and he just casually stands up and brushes himself off before thanking you for giving him some entertainment. It turns out all the evil shit he did and everyone he killed was just out of boredom and he just casually stops and goes away.

How fucking bittersweet would that be?
>>
>im bored
>so i want to die
how retarded are you? there are literally no downsides to immortality, there are no upsides to being dead. you have to be delusional if you think immortality is a bad thing
>>
>>376442328
I dunno, I'm just 37 years in and I already want to die
>>
>>376442328
You'll eventually grow jaded towards life. Vidya won't keep you entertained forever.
>>
Lost Odyssey
>>
>>376442328
This. People who hate immortality haven't actually been immortal. You can get over literally anything with time. And if you're immortal you have enough time to do ANYTHING.
>>
Planescape Torment
>>
>>376442428
When did you first come to 4chan?
>>
File: Lost-Odyssey.jpg (208KB, 800x600px)
Lost-Odyssey.jpg
208KB, 800x600px
I like how they brought up the good and the bad.
Yeah, all your loved ones die and you go through countless wars but you also see how people change.
>>
>>376442872

didn't browse /v/ until 2008 though
>>
>>376442585
>>376442942

I'm glad someone posted this, I'd be pissed if it wasn't given a mention
>>
>>376442981
There really is no escape is there.
>>
>>376442730
Then what if you finished doing EVERYTHING? What then?
>>
>>376443095
Sorry but that's not possible. Being immortal doesn't mean you become omnipotent.
>>
>>376442328
this is what a retarded underaged chuuni piece of shit would think

immortality is fine as long as there is at least one way to end it like cutting off your head or peeing on 3 legged hamsters, true immortality is a fate far worse than death
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.